Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I don’t think Van Dijk leaves for at least another five years to be honest. He’s a good enough centre back to be around until his late 30s.

I also don’t think we will have a big changeover up top. I’d be surprised if we bring in more than one forward and more surprised if we sell any that aren’t Salah.

If I were a betting man I'd say Geertruida, Summerville and a no.6 will be our summer business.
I think Slot's biggest hurdle will be adjusting his training and fitness regime to playing every three days or so. I think that will determine the outcome of next season above everything else. Don't think he will have an issue acclimatizing the squad to his methods. It will be about keeping the squad sharp when there is no time to train. Top 4 with early exists in the cups and CL is my guess for next season.   
As an outsider looking in, its blatantly obvious that Wolves are being deliberately fucked over by the referees, the stuff they have had to deal with, that I have seen, has been shocking, starting with Onana absolutely flattening a Wolves player and the ref saying we don't give those.

The Premier League has a Key match incidents panel that looks at decisions.

"ESPN can reveal that Premier League leaders Liverpool have been most affected in the 2023-24 campaign, with four VAR errors against them. Brighton & Hove Albion and Wolverhampton Wanderers have each suffered three mistakes, with Arsenal two and eight other clubs on one each."

I am sure Yorky incompetence™ will say it is just a remarkable coincidence that those four clubs are managed by Klopp, De Zerbi, O'Neil and Arteta. Four managers who have had feuds with the PGMOL.

But has the coaching been that good the last two seasons, tactically? Two seasons of conceding an early goal and rarely turning up in the first half. - even going back to the back end of 21/22. Two seasons of teams just running right through us and being easy to score against and a lack of real basics (particularly defending set pieces recently and just the very basics in general). Two seasons of the attack being erratic.

There's certainly room for improvement, tactically, and fresh ideas are needed. Losing the force of Klopp is the killer and was always going to be. It's took the sheer will of constant comebacks and last minute winners to keep us going this season (until they stopped going in for us). A back to basics approach would be a net benefit of what we've seen recently at least.

Half of the exhaustion we've seen is the mental load of going behind in every fucking match and not being able to do anything to stop it and then left chasing it.
Again your downplaying our coaching staff, to rebuild an entire midfield and integrate young players with the injuries we've had, while competing for every trophy until April, is great coaching job. Posters like yourself are totally downplaying the job Klopp & the coaches have done, to question the coaching this season is madness. The players have thrown away all the hard work they've done at the back end of the season. For no use of a better word, the players have 'bottled it'.
We need to be planning for Van Dijk and Salah leaving over the next 2 years, so signing those players now, so center half (left sided) and a forward.

We also need an elite 6 in and around the 23-25 range i.e. peak years.

I think we'll sell one of Diaz or Nunez, especially if Salah is staying, the front line needs a refresh thats clear, the other areas of the squad are small tweaks rather than anything major.

I don’t think Van Dijk leaves for at least another five years to be honest. He’s a good enough centre back to be around until his late 30s.

I also don’t think we will have a big changeover up top. I’d be surprised if we bring in more than one forward and more surprised if we sell any that aren’t Salah.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 04:29:10 pm »
Still doesn’t take away the fact he has 31 goal involvements in 62 games.

Until until the last month or so his link up play was drastically improved.

Also stepping up point, he lead the league in winning the most points by in winning goals up until this recent spell wasn’t he ?

His also basically got Bobby’s best assist tally in the league.

A lot of rough areas but the lad is effective is he not?

It's unfortunate, as if Salah and Jota had stayed fit then he's under less pressure and probably carries on scoring/assisting (his numbers were fine at that point). But that's when we needed him to step up and his head went. He got that  goal against Forest at the end which is exactly what we needed. That was 2 months ago though and he's scored one league goal since and one assist. And that goal was at home to Sheffield United. He also scored in the two Prague games, so basically he's only scored against the worst two teams we've played.
The 20 came in 16 games. Which is my point - we can't have a record signing 9 who only scores in 16 of his 62 league games.

Why do assists not count?

111 minutes per goal contribution all from basically open play bar flick on headers from corners this season in the league is bored line elite is it not ?

Doesn’t take pens or free kicks either like have the players named who have better goal scoring records than him who’s half their goals come from pens or FKS but I guess that doesn’t show up when you look up at games played and goals scored either.
If the keeper was on the floor I could at least understand the ref blowing but the keeper was standing. The ref realised that he didn't previously blow to stop play and the ball was still live so blew to rectify the situation. What a fucking c*nt.

Yeah, I think his arse dropped as it was clear the keeper didnt see his signal to play on with the advantage (keeper was on the floor at the time he signalled) so when the keeper dropped the ball in front of him thinking he had loads of time and Gakpo ran forward, the ref realised what had happened and panicked.
Not sure I’d class them as needs, as I think we have solutions in the squad. I wouldn’t argue against signings anywhere though as we should be looking to build from a position of strength anyway. But I think the players we have would be good enough next season to compete for the top honours adding in their experience from this year and some level of development.

We have solutions because we have enough players. But I want a better defender than what we have, or at least on Konate's level that can take to the field regularly. In midfield, the balance is off, we have a lot of 8's but we need a much better 6 to help us on transitions.

As for the attack , its a clear case of upgrading on quality. I want another forward who is better than Nunez, Jota, Diaz and Gakpo.

Youngsters improving us is one thing but we also need to improve the squad through recruitment. All our strikers have questions against them, we need a few more sure things.
Seems we will slowly go back to accepting mediocrity again by the looks of things.

If Slot is not competing for the title and in (or close) to a cup final, then everything Klopp built will have been for very little.

He has taken on the job and will need to deliver something for me. Call me a typical impatient malcontent all you like, Slot will have inherited a much better team than his predecessor!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10