Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 304876 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #5800 on: April 14, 2024, 11:33:53 pm »
Bore off you dullard.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5801 on: April 14, 2024, 11:33:54 pm »
And Scheffler is 27. He's going to be a problem for years to come as well.  :P

Thankfully, yes!  :)

Guessing these two end up battling for a few more majors here the next 5-10 years.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5802 on: April 14, 2024, 11:34:30 pm »
Fuck sake mate, maybe crack a bit of a smile, eh?

4 shots clear with two to play and he looks like someone has just run over his dog.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5803 on: April 14, 2024, 11:35:23 pm »
DALLAS, TEXAS STAND UP!
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5804 on: April 14, 2024, 11:36:40 pm »

4 shots clear with two to play and he looks like someone has just run over his dog.

He might need to go for a shit. Well his face is indicating that anyway!
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5805 on: April 14, 2024, 11:37:04 pm »

Scottie doesn’t have a dog. Dog’s can crack the coldest of hearts and make you love them. Scottie doesn’t compute.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #5806 on: April 14, 2024, 11:37:50 pm »
Seems to be the way of it at this tournament over recent years.  It promises a lot in the first couple of hours but then rather peters out in the back 9 as one guy pulls away from everyone else for one reason or another.
Yeah, thought we might possibly have a real classic final day earlier. He’s just too good though, everyone else has shown some kind of weakness. He hasn’t even allowed himself a smile.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5807 on: April 14, 2024, 11:38:00 pm »
Bit of revenge for Scheffler over Aberg, after Aberg and Hovland humiliated him and Koepke 9&7 at the Ryder cup last year.

Scheffler didn’t smile much that day either.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5808 on: April 14, 2024, 11:39:27 pm »
The thing with Scheffler on this back 9 is that he didn't just play it safe.  He knew when to play it safe and executed (like at 12) but pulled off two great shots to set up birdies at 14 and 16 (in addition to being safely on in 2 at 13).  Aberg's good play meant that Scottie at least had to keep playing, and he did.

After falling back into a 4-way tie:  Good birdie at 8.  Great birdie at 9.  Played in safe from 10 to 12 (dropping 1 shot while others where dropping like flies).  Then a birdie-fest.

Ridiculous.
King Kenny.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5809 on: April 14, 2024, 11:40:41 pm »
Whenever you hear Tiger talk about Augusta he always says about missing it in the right spot. That is true for most courses obviously but especially so at Augusta with all the slopes and contours. Scheffler has figured that out rather quickly. The course has 4 par 5's and a par 4 that is very short and pretty much driveable on a good day for the big hitters. There are plenty of scoring opportunities but disaster always lurks on other holes, and when it gets windy and the greens get quick the scoring isn't always super low so you do have to miss it in the correct spot to just tick your way around the place.

Scheffler slam anybody?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5810 on: April 14, 2024, 11:42:48 pm »
He's the only golfer other than Tiger where you look at the odds at the start of Masters week of 7/2 and you think 'Yep, that's the value bet right there. Any money on anyone else would just be silly'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5811 on: April 14, 2024, 11:42:59 pm »
Whenever you hear Tiger talk about Augusta he always says about missing it in the right spot. That is true for most courses obviously but especially so at Augusta with all the slopes and contours. Scheffler has figured that out rather quickly. The course has 4 par 5's and a par 4 that is very short and pretty much driveable on a good day for the big hitters. There are plenty of scoring opportunities but disaster always lurks on other holes, and when it gets windy and the greens get quick the scoring isn't always super low so you do have to miss it in the correct spot to just tick your way around the place.

Scheffler slam anybody?

Where’s The Open this year and what’s his record like?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5812 on: April 14, 2024, 11:44:30 pm »
He's the only golfer other than Tiger where you look at the odds at the start of Masters week of 7/2 and you think 'Yep, that's the value bet right there. Any money on anyone else would just be silly'.

Exactly. I said to my mate earlier this week that his odds were incredibly short... but at the same time, they were reflective of reality. And the reality is that he's in another league to any other player in the world right now.

I know he doesn't seem to be smiling much but listen to him in interviews or just see what his peers or other say about him. A classy and quiet fella by all means.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #5813 on: April 14, 2024, 11:45:03 pm »
Scottie just looks like he’s having an “Era” level of golf. Will be interesting to see how he copes with being a father in the coming weeks, as feel he’ll be pretty hands on etc but he seems so naturally talented it appears he could turn up any week and win.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5814 on: April 14, 2024, 11:46:01 pm »
To come in as the proverbial favorite, with all the pressure and expectations, and then go on and win it convincingly? Tiger-esque, dare I say?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #5815 on: April 14, 2024, 11:46:16 pm »
DALLAS, TEXAS STAND UP!

Does he live in Highland Park?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5816 on: April 14, 2024, 11:47:13 pm »
Where’s The Open this year and what’s his record like?

Royal Troon I think Nick. I can't remember him being close to winning it but he's probably had a top 10 somewhere.

Online KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #5817 on: April 14, 2024, 11:48:05 pm »
To come in as the proverbial favorite, with all the pressure and expectations, and then go on and win it convincingly? Tiger-esque, dare I say?
Tiger was a massive draw, Scottie wouldn't draw flies.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5818 on: April 14, 2024, 11:48:10 pm »
Scottie just looks like he’s having an “Era” level of golf. Will be interesting to see how he copes with being a father in the coming weeks, as feel he’ll be pretty hands on etc but he seems so naturally talented it appears he could turn up any week and win.

Poor bastard, bet he hated having to have intercourse. Almost made him change facial expression.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5819 on: April 14, 2024, 11:49:03 pm »
Would anyone here be confident on the 18th tee at Augusta with a 4 shot lead? I think I’d be optimistic of forcing a play off.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5820 on: April 14, 2024, 11:49:13 pm »
Royal Troon I think Nick. I can't remember him being close to winning it but he's probably had a top 10 somewhere.

T8 in 2021

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5821 on: April 14, 2024, 11:50:37 pm »
Would anyone here be confident on the 18th tee at Augusta with a 4 shot lead? I think I’d be optimistic of forcing a play off.

No known number exists to describe the amount of pine trees I would hit. That tee box window is even narrower in person.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5822 on: April 14, 2024, 11:51:21 pm »
If I hit the Lyle bunker where Scottie just hit it it might take me 4 to get out of it.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5823 on: April 14, 2024, 11:51:24 pm »
Exactly. I said to my mate earlier this week that his odds were incredibly short... but at the same time, they were reflective of reality. And the reality is that he's in another league to any other player in the world right now.

I know he doesn't seem to be smiling much but listen to him in interviews or just see what his peers or other say about him. A classy and quiet fella by all means.

I’ve got nothing against him really, he’s probably a lovely man. I probably wouldn’t have even mentioned it if it wasn’t for the juxtaposition with Aberg who looks like he’s been having the time of his life out there, even after hitting it in the water.  If I see someone enjoying themselves I’m naturally inclined to root for them* over the one looking bored.

*unless it’s an Aussie.  ;D

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5824 on: April 14, 2024, 11:51:33 pm »
Does he live in Highland Park?

More or less.  :)

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5825 on: April 14, 2024, 11:52:29 pm »

8 iron. 8 iron. Wedge. 5 putt.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5826 on: April 14, 2024, 11:54:08 pm »
8 iron. 8 iron. Wedge. 5 putt.

I think I’d actually score better if I took that approach.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5827 on: April 14, 2024, 11:56:46 pm »
I think I’d actually score better if I took that approach.

True story, I once drove the green at my local course on a relatively long par 4. It was about 5 summers ago when we had a long heatwave and it was baked out like you wouldn't believe. Just rolled forever and it landed 30 feet away from the cup.

Made par :D

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5828 on: April 14, 2024, 11:58:26 pm »
Morikawa taking the RAWK approach to 18. We can only applaud.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #5829 on: April 14, 2024, 11:58:42 pm »
Poor bastard, bet he hated having to have intercourse. Almost made him change facial expression.

He leaves the unpleasant stuff to his caddy.

Scotties not the Daddy.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #5830 on: April 15, 2024, 12:02:18 am »

I’d kill so many branches on that teeshot.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5831 on: April 15, 2024, 12:03:37 am »
Brits complaining about lack of emotion. I’ve truly seen it all!

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #5832 on: April 15, 2024, 12:08:33 am »
He looks geared up there and wasn’t reserved. Homa being there to congratulate Scottie tells you everything about him as well, really hope he wins one.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5833 on: April 15, 2024, 12:09:42 am »
Letting his caddie walk first, up through the sea of people. The arrogant prick, just like we’ve all heard about him.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5834 on: April 15, 2024, 12:17:41 am »
He leaves the unpleasant stuff to his caddy.

:lmao

Reckon Scottie has stolen the microchip that was once implanted in Speith and Thomas.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5835 on: April 15, 2024, 12:20:38 am »
Scottie shot 68. Lowest round on the leaderboard of the first 29 golfers.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #5836 on: April 15, 2024, 12:41:51 am »
The RBC being the week after the Masters is strange, as feels it could do with a week inbetween. That being said, it gives someone an opportunity to get there season going.

Aberg surely has to win a major very soon, he looks supremely confident and comfortable.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5837 on: April 15, 2024, 07:15:31 am »
Scheffler is like a machine right now, playing excellent without showing much for others to take advantage of. Well deserved win and he's going to have a season for all seasons. Brilliant to see Aberg having such a brilliant debut, must be one of the best first years on tour especially for a European.

Woods proved even the goat cant beat time and injuries. Unless he gets out once or twice a month in tournament play he won't be contending on weekends. His body won't let him.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5838 on: April 16, 2024, 08:42:41 am »
Ka-ching!!!

BOMBSHELL REPORT: Rory McIlroy on brink of joining LIV Golf in stunning $850 million backflip

It’s the rumour that just won’t go away and now, according to a story published by City A.M. – London’s most-read financial and business newspaper – Rory McIlroy is on the brink of signing a blockbuster deal with LIV Golf that would stun the golf world.

According to sources close to the matter, LIV Golf executives have put forth a staggering $850 million offer to entice the world No.2, along with approximately two percent equity stake in the LIV Golf League. If accepted, it could see McIlroy make his LIV Golf debut as early as April 26-28 at LIV Golf Adelaide at Grange Golf Club.

The report indicated Mcllroy would likely play out the remainder of the 2024 LIV Golf season as a wildcard, like American comeback kid Anthony Kim, before being added to the league’s team format from 2025 onwards.

“Two separate sources have told City A.M. that they believe a deal is close,” the City AM story said.

“It is claimed that LIV Golf chiefs have offered world No.2 McIlroy an eye-watering $850m to join, plus around two percent equity in the competition. It would make him LIV Golf’s biggest signing so far and it could be announced after the Masters, they said.”

The bombshell claim follows LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman’s much-publicised visit to Augusta National last week to support LIV golfers taking part in the Masters. Curiously – or coincidently – he also followed McIlroy’s group.

Despite McIlroy’s previous staunch opposition to LIV Golf, his stance has notably softened in recent months since he resigned as a player director on the PGA Tour’s policy board following the PGA Tour and LIV Golf’s announcement of a controversial framework agreement. The shock collaboration, negotiated behind closed doors in secrecy, left McIlroy feeling like a “sacrificial lamb”.

“It’s hard not to feel like I was a sacrificial lamb. I’ve come to terms with it. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this is what’s going to happen,” McIlroy said at the time.

McIlroy’s former agent, Andrew “Chubby” Chandler, hinted at the possibility of McIlroy’s transition to LIV Golf earlier this year, suggesting a shift in attitude towards leaving the PGA Tour behind.

“If you were being cynical, you might say he’s going to sign for about £750m in a month’s time with LIV because he’s paving the way that LIV’s OK now, whereas it wasn’t,” Chandler told Bunkered in February. “He doesn’t need £750m but it’s odd what he’s done and I’m sure it’s a possibility. If he does it or not, I don’t know, but if [Jon] Rahm can do it, most guys can do it.”

A rather coy McIlroy did little to knock the Chubby chatter on the head when quizzed about it just a few days later, saying: “You never know, he might know a few things, who knows?”

LIV Golf’s Christmas signing of Jon Rahm, McIlroy’s Ryder Cup teammate, is also believed to have played a role in softening McIlroy’s ill-feelings towards the Saudi-back tour.

As of right now, nothing is confirmed from either camp.

“Spokespeople for the Northern Irish player and LIV Golf did not respond to requests for comment,” the City AM report said.

https://www.australiangolfdigest.com.au/bombshell-report-rory-mcilroy-on-brink-of-joining-liv-golf-in-stunning-850-million-u-turn/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5839 on: April 16, 2024, 09:17:23 am »
What a joke, probably. But what a ridiculous sun of money. Would test anyone’s morals. Disgusting amount.

Does anyone watch LIV though? Do they not care about that? Or will it all come back together eventually
As a very casual tv viewer I enjoy the Majors because you see the best in the world competing for something meaningful. Used to watch some of the big tour events but not religiously but all this is just a massive turn off.