Author Topic: Jordan Henderson*  (Read 63242 times)

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson*
« Reply #200 on: September 5, 2023, 11:16:13 pm »
But did anyone ever say he was great? He was a member of a very ‘water carrier’ midfield that let more talented players show their skills.

Once Thiago came on the scene it became apparent what a skilful midfielder looked like. Just a pity he’s not available on a regular basis.
Most fans didn’t, but to say that he was being carried by better players was not tolerable before, even if there is truth in it, in hindsight.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #201 on: September 5, 2023, 11:41:23 pm »
Funny how Jordan sought to be some kind of club legend in the mould of Steven Gerrard and now he's managed to mould himself into a sort of Steven Gerrard when that mould is a money grabbing former legend. As players we will always remember them, especially Gerrard, but the link with the fans has gone (at least the one's in this thread)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: September 5, 2023, 11:55:12 pm »
Laughs in Szoboszlai

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 6, 2023, 12:01:39 am »
I don't believe Henderson was carried by other players. Others are free to disagree with me.

However, maybe he should have had words with the manager who signed him before making his decision. I've a feeling Dalglish would have chewed him out the same way he did with Torres.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #204 on: September 6, 2023, 12:26:04 am »
Is there any way I can block out this thread?

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #205 on: September 6, 2023, 12:39:00 am »
You see your finger hanging over the topic, you will yourself to look at any other thread, you move your finger there, you press quickly before you change your mind.
Just stay out of the transfer thread, the sportswashing thread and anything to do with steven gerrard or sunderland
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 6, 2023, 12:40:27 am »

Impossible, I've not been reading it all afternoon  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 6, 2023, 02:44:38 am »
It’s great work by The Athletic. He probably thinks it’s a PR piece for him, but they’ve basically just outed him as an absolute c*nt.

Who is advising him to do an interview like this? The best, the only thing to do after his move was to keep his mouth shut. For a long time. And people would move on. Has Henderson himself pushed for this, or his camp? His new overlords? All seem plausible. I think Jordan probably does care about his image and he's dim enough to do a piece like this.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2023, 02:47:54 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #208 on: September 6, 2023, 03:31:22 am »
I would happily swap him for Dempsey now. Hard to imagine a more ill-advised interview.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 6, 2023, 05:16:49 am »
Well I think it’s fair to say that interview was ill advised on Henderson’s part and he would’ve just been better off keeping his mouth shut and fading into obscurity. With no football coming up I’ve spent some time over the last 24 hours thinking about this whole situation and how it’s left me feeling a bit sad and dreading the inevitable.

Obviously there are much bigger issues at play here but looking at it from a purely LFC fan perspective I can’t help but feel a twinge of sadness.

I’m long last the point worshipping footballers and thinking that the vast majority care about anything other than who will pay them the most obscene amount of money to kick a ball around and in the most part are completely detached from reality.

But seeing so many players making decisions that go against everything that this club and City are built on does hurt a little.

It’s already at 6 ex players that have agreed to go there and I’m just dreading when they inevitably come calling for Salah, VVD, Ali, Robbo and Origi who you would think will be prime candidates for the Saudi’s to try and poach over the next couple of seasons.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2023, 05:38:53 am by Rosario »

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 6, 2023, 06:05:18 am »
I was ok with him taking the money. But, to try and justify his own conscience in the media is just stupid. Accepting it was for the money was fine. You could at least be considered a mercenary and be done with it. Now, he looks like an immature person justifying the unjustifiable.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: September 6, 2023, 06:05:51 am »
Here’s one hendo if you didn’t feel welcome here, how about you went and helped your boyhood club get back in the premier league. Think there’s 700,000 reasons why he went to Saudi instead the gobshite. The fact he’s trying to blame klopp and the club for this is fucking hilarious.

Sunderland fans don't seem too happy with him over this interview either.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 6, 2023, 06:12:16 am »
That statement, saying the workers in Qatar he spoke to were in good conditions. How can you appear so thick. They are not going to parade the slaves in front of you to let them speak their mind.
There are corroborated stories of workers living in ghastly conditions, having their passports confiscated and working 15hours per day in inhuman heat.
There is not a lot one can do about it at an individual level even if you are a celebrity like Jordan. Take the money and do good with it elsewhere, but to justify it on any other grounds apart from being a mercenary is just a reflection of the wit of modern footballers.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #213 on: September 6, 2023, 07:32:28 am »
I would happily swap him for Dempsey now. Hard to imagine a more ill-advised interview.

I mean I can think of one off the top of my head….

Henderson is getting rinsed in the press it seems as well. I don’t think this could have gone any worse for him

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: September 6, 2023, 07:42:20 am »
Might be a huge exaggeration here, but this kills him off, but will hopefully stop others making the same move out there. He has exposed the hypocrisy in it all in one interview.

Think it's more likely that others will think twice about wearing rainbow laces or sticking up for equal rights for others as it may come back to haunt them. That's the sad part and what the head choppers want.

Henderson could have done the right thing and still remained a millionaire and had another few years at a Wolves or Brighton etc... on still mind boggling money compared to 99.99% of the population.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #215 on: September 6, 2023, 07:42:48 am »
Prince Andrew's interview with Emily Maitlis was comically bad. This is up there. Fuck me.

All he needed to say was "I gave everything for Liverpool but I wasn't happy with my performances last year and I thought it was the right time to move on to a new challenge" and then butter up Southgate a bit for his precious England place (who unlike Liverpool and Klopp he's happy to sit on the bench for).

Of course the best thing he could say is nothing because he can't justify the move and he was pretty much forgotten about as soon as he went. He's just put himself back in the firing line for no reason.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: September 6, 2023, 07:45:05 am »
Is saying "I will do a good job for the money, great deal for me" all that hard. Silence is best but who knows if certain interviews / frequency of interviews are tied to his endorsement deals.

« Last Edit: September 6, 2023, 07:46:55 am by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #217 on: September 6, 2023, 07:48:40 am »
I always thought Henderson was a solid decent guy. But don't think so anymore. I feel he has revealed himself more. Like the girlfriend/wife that let's you down when they don't get what they want.  All just empty words

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #218 on: September 6, 2023, 07:58:42 am »
Such a mealy mouthed, insincere, glib interview. He was better just keeping his mouth shut. Does he really think anyone is going to take what he said seriously?! He's ended up stirring a hornet's nest. What an I'll advised thing to do.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #219 on: September 6, 2023, 08:04:30 am »
I always defended the guy’s footballing ability over here, and even though I thought he was a nice guy, I always knew he was thick as pig shit. Now I now he’s both a thickie and a weasel. Some of the statements really makes your stomach churn. There’s probably not one phrase in that whole interview that wasn’t rehearsed with his agent and PR team, as he’s probably too stupid and insecure to do an interview any other way, and they still didn’t realise how much of a c*nt it made him look? He basically torched his life legacy for a bit more money, already being exceptionally wealthy, and now he’s pissing on the ashes. What a fucking idiot.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #220 on: September 6, 2023, 08:20:49 am »
Well I think it’s fair to say that interview was ill advised on Henderson’s part and he would’ve just been better off keeping his mouth shut and fading into obscurity. With no football coming up I’ve spent some time over the last 24 hours thinking about this whole situation and how it’s left me feeling a bit sad and dreading the inevitable.

Obviously there are much bigger issues at play here but looking at it from a purely LFC fan perspective I can’t help but feel a twinge of sadness.

I’m long last the point worshipping footballers and thinking that the vast majority care about anything other than who will pay them the most obscene amount of money to kick a ball around and in the most part are completely detached from reality.

But seeing so many players making decisions that go against everything that this club and City are built on does hurt a little.

It’s already at 6 ex players that have agreed to go there and I’m just dreading when they inevitably come calling for Salah, VVD, Ali, Robbo and Origi who you would think will be prime candidates for the Saudi’s to try and poach over the next couple of seasons.
Yeah it's depressing. The last thing I need is shit like this adding to my cynicism.
I have zero expectations on the rest, to be honest. It has reached a point where a player saying no to the blood money would be a hero, not just doing the obviously ethical thing.

The only thing that could make it worse is if Klopp himself would go there *shudder*

Online Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 6, 2023, 08:24:26 am »
I wouldn't be surprised if the club said yes to it, at least initially. They might back down if there's pressure from fans.
The club and those in possession of the keys to the club know by now that we're not like all the other fan bases in this country. Why antagonise us, again. They have pretty much shut up the cry arse knicker pissers, why have the hard core of the support, especially in Liverpool on your case for a few extra quid.

Online Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 6, 2023, 08:27:10 am »
This is a professional view.

Rationalising and self justification, a man lacking in integrity. He was faced with a decision, and when he thought this through the hardest part of this decision is working out how to do the right thing, he choose to not do that.

The obvious approach from a person who knows they've done something that would be seen as wrong in the mind of any right minded person.

This is from a personal viewpoint...he's c*nt!!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #223 on: September 6, 2023, 08:28:43 am »
Yeah it's depressing. The last thing I need is shit like this adding to my cynicism.
I have zero expectations on the rest, to be honest. It has reached a point where a player saying no to the blood money would be a hero, not just doing the obviously ethical thing.

The only thing that could make it worse is if Klopp himself would go there *shudder*

Sergio Ramos just turned down megabucks from Saudi to go back to Seville. Never thought he'd look morally good next to Henderson.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 6, 2023, 08:29:09 am »
Is saying "I will do a good job for the money, great deal for me" all that hard. Silence is best but who knows if certain interviews / frequency of interviews are tied to his endorsement deals.

Well, yeah. That's why you rarely have people saying that in public, even if they say it in private (which is the only experience most of us have).
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 6, 2023, 08:39:06 am »
Can't believe someone who captained our club for 8 years doesn't understand our fans.

It's not the fact he was poorly advised. He clearly should have been smart enough to push back on some of the shit he was spoon fed to say.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 6, 2023, 08:53:04 am »
Well, yeah. That's why you rarely have people saying that in public, even if they say it in private (which is the only experience most of us have).

Think a few of the players who have gone over to Saudi have openly admitted they went for the money.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 6, 2023, 08:54:08 am »

I tell myself I'm completely numb to what anyone does in this silly game but Klopp would almost break my heart. Tell myself he wouldn't but who the fuck knows.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 6, 2023, 08:56:04 am »
Think a few of the players who have gone over to Saudi have openly admitted they went for the money.

Haven't been keeping track, so haven't noticed.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #229 on: September 6, 2023, 08:58:44 am »
I tell myself I'm completely numb to what anyone does in this silly game but Klopp would almost break my heart. Tell myself he wouldn't but who the fuck knows.

A sick part of me would enjoy it happening so I could happily give it all up for good.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 6, 2023, 09:01:24 am »
Honesty is the best policy in most cases usually. If he just said listen, I was gonna be a backup player and my head turned when offered the chance to triple my wages and be a star player, most would have said fair enough I guess. Trying to bullshit your way back was never gonna work.

I for one don't really care what he does, I only care about the current Liverpool players and staff.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 6, 2023, 09:14:16 am »
So Henderson’s fragile ego probably cost us whilst he was here in terms of selection. No way did he merit as many starts as he got at points in his time here (the last couple of years I mean), but given this insight he probably wouldn’t have been able to cope and Klopp perhaps felt he needed his captain on board.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 6, 2023, 09:31:19 am »
So Henderson’s fragile ego probably cost us whilst he was here in terms of selection. No way did he merit as many starts as he got at points in his time here (the last couple of years I mean), but given this insight he probably wouldn’t have been able to cope and Klopp perhaps felt he needed his captain on board.

There's been far more highs than lows of course, but starting Henderson in the '22 UCL Final I think is one of Klopp's biggest mistakes here.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #233 on: September 6, 2023, 09:42:16 am »
Think it's more likely that others will think twice about wearing rainbow laces or sticking up for equal rights for others as it may come back to haunt them. That's the sad part and what the head choppers want...

I'd be quite happy if there was less 'worthy cause showboating' by footballers. I'd rather see one player make a stand who actually means it and is prepared to live by his principles, than see ninety-nine others trying to make themselves look aware and caring in order to make themselves look good.

If players cannot walk the walk, they should stop talking the talk and just shut up and play their football. How insulting is it when multi millionaire windbag kickers pontificate on other people's causes, only to abandon them as soon as someone, anyone, waves a fatter pay cheque in their faces. Even worse, abandon them for the very stone age dinosaurs who would happily murder them.

To be honest, I'm sick to death of these multi millionaire manchildren pretending they give a shit about the plight of less fortunate others for the purposes of their own PR or the PR of what we know full well is an uncaring, selfish and corrupt sport.

So yes. Just one player who really means it and has the decency and the backbone to stand by their principles regardless of anything, is worth more than ninety-nine others who are using the plight of others to further their own PR.

Hollow, selfish shows of 'support' are insulting and meaningless. They demean those they pretend to care about.

Edited to add...

What the head loppers want is to show their power. They want to show that western principles can be bought. They want to show that we'll sell each other out for money. Sell ourselves out. Sell our beliefs out and sell our game out too. They're right as well, because even our highly pampered multi millionaires will sell their grannies for even more bloodstained dollars. It's the ultimate show of power. They know our game, our world, is selfish and corrupt. They know most of us will demean ourselves to chase the dollars we don't even need.

They know that most who show support for the gay community they despise will publicly sell them out for cash, and they have Jordon Henderson playing for them as a shining example of that truth. Henderson is being used, and he's either too stupid to see that or he doesn't care anyway.

They have the money, and they know that if they wave enough of it at us they can have our principles too. Now that is a show of power.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2023, 09:56:52 am by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #234 on: September 6, 2023, 09:49:17 am »
I'd be quite happy if there was less 'worthy cause showboating' by footballers. I'd rather see one player make a stand who actually means it and is prepared to live by his principles, than see ninety-nine others trying to make themselves look aware and caring in order to make themselves look good.

If players cannot walk the walk, they should stop talking the talk and just shut up and play their football. How insulting is it when multi millionaire windbag kickers pontificate on other people's causes, only to abandon them as soon as someone, anyone, waves a fatter pay cheque in their faces. Even worse, abandon them for the very stone age dinosaurs who would happily murder them.

To be honest, I'm sick to death of these multi millionaire manchildren pretending they give a shit about the plight of less fortunate others for the purposes of their own PR or the PR of what we know full well is an uncaring, selfish and corrupt sport.

So yes. Just one player who really means it and has the decency and the backbone to stand by their principles regardless of anything, is worth more than ninety-nine others who are using the plight of others to further their own PR.

Hollow, selfish shows of 'support' are insulting and meaningless. They demean those they pretend to care about.

Well said mate..

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: September 6, 2023, 09:54:54 am »

I think Marcus Rashford stood his ground well on the school dinners. Dont know whats he is like as a person though

What the head loppers want is to show their power. They want to show that western principles can be bought. They want to show that we'll sell each other out for money. Sell ourselves out. Sell our beliefs out and sell our game out too. They're right as well, because even our highly pampered multi millionaires will sell their grannies for even more bloodstained dollars. It's the ultimate show of power. They know our game, our world, is selfish and corrupt. They know most of us will demean ourselves chase the dollars we don't even need.

They know that most who show support for the gay community they despise will publicly sell them out for cash, and they have Jordon Henderson playing for them as a shining example of that truth. Henderson is being used, and he's either too stupid to see that or he doesn't care anyway.

They have the money, and they know that if they save enough of it at us they can have our principles too. Now that is a show of power.

Online DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #236 on: September 6, 2023, 09:56:19 am »
I think Marcus Rashford stood his ground well of the free school dinners. Dont know what his is like a person though

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 6, 2023, 10:01:47 am »
This isn’t true. He was a great captain, one of the best the club ever had. However he’s ruined that legacy, but to say he didn’t deserve to be captain is bollocks. While you can call into question the level of his talent, you can’t do that about his captaincy.

Some real revisionism going on now.

He should be rightly criticised for his move and the very deep hole he’s dug with this inane interview but all of a sudden to rewrite history is a bit weird.

He was a great captain and an important member of arguably  one of the best teams we ever had.
I think some posters are trying to hard.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2023, 10:14:25 am by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #238 on: September 6, 2023, 10:12:19 am »
He was a great captain and an important member of arguably the one of the best teams we ever had.
I think some posters are trying to hard.

I can't get onboard with diminishing Henderson's contribution to our club and team in his time here. He was good for us.

Of course, we all have our own subjective opinions on players, but I think he gave his all whilst here at Anfield. I can't knock his contribution to our club and its success.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #239 on: September 6, 2023, 10:40:24 am »
Perhaps I’ve not put this very well. Sympathy was definitely the wrong word.

Just felt sad to me that our captain of 12 years, and he was a great captain was not wanted anymore. Although being totally ruthless, maybe that was the correct call.

I guess on first seeing that, it felt a bit of a harsh way to deal with our captain. That’s all I was trying to to say. I suppose I did initially feel some sympathy for that and that alone.
I don't believe a word of it. There is no way Jurgen or anyone at the club were looking to sell him this summer. If we were, that conversation would've happened at the end of the season and he would've been told that he could look for another club if he wanted.

The fact remains that he got upset that Jurgen wanted to give his starting place to younger, fitter (and better) players and his ego couldn't handle it. His agent got a massive offer from Saudi so they engineered a situation where he could force a move there.

Don't forget that the fee was miniscule yet we weren't in a position to turn it down completely as we knew he wanted out.

He has lost all credibility and anything he says now should be taken with a large pinch of salt.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...