Author Topic: Jonjo Shelvey  (Read 81612 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Reds confirm Shelvey sale to Swansea City
« Reply #80 on: July 3, 2013, 04:57:45 pm »
Best of luck :wave

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
« Reply #81 on: July 3, 2013, 04:59:40 pm »
Stupid decision by the club. Absolutely stupid.

21 years old. Why not loan him to them for a year to see how he gets on playing week in, week out in the PL?

Best of luck Jonjo lad. I know you'll turn into a class player for Swansea and we will again look like a bunch of idiots.

I don't think he really has a future here after BR brought in Alberto, and I dont think that if we would have loaned him and he was to have a good season that his price would be much higher than this... we got cash and he will get first team opportunities I think it would turn out good for both sides of the deal....

Good luck Jonjo...

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: July 3, 2013, 05:00:31 pm »
The ECHO understands the Reds will receive around £5million up front with a potential £1million in add-ons.

- James Pearce.

Also, these "we will regret selling him" comments are getting really tiresome really quickly.

The potential in Jonjo is for all to see. The question was, do we wait for it to develop or do we cash in on him to make sure we get the player(s) we want to strengthen the team right now ? Brendan wants to do the latter. Hopefully our squad will benefit, come the end of transfer window.

Best of luck to Jonjo. I think he will be a good player for them.

Online stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 3, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »
Some proper balloon heads in here.

"can't believe rodgers couldn't fit him in the system here, bet laudrup does". "maybe somewhere else he can be developed better".

Over some 21 year old kid who hasn't really done anything here?! Basically saying our manager is an idiot and can't see ability (despite working closely with the lad for a year whereas you at most go to the game and watch 90 minutes or at least sit on the fucking internet watching it??)

I trust him, I think he's made pretty much the right moves with all of our youth players since they've been here. I wouldn't have had Shelvey near it at times last year and would have preferred he went with Suso or somebody. In fact I seem to recall him bringing on Shelvey in the UEFA and it absolutely ruined the momentum and was an error (not Shelvey's fault but none the less) Shelvey had significantly more playing time than a lot of players at the club.

Never mind us fitting him into our system, he needs to adapt as a footballer and fit in any system he's put in. I don't mind the lad and agree that he may have made it but the manager obviously thinks otherwise so he's gone. I'd say there is about a 2% chance that he'll come back to haunt us and an even smaller chance he'll ever be a world class player.

Its bizarre how attached people get to some youth/fringe players at this club.

Shelvey's gone, we still have several players of his level/ability at the club so I won't lose much sleep. Good luck to him.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
Reds confirm Shelvey sale to Swansea City
« Reply #84 on: July 3, 2013, 05:01:48 pm »
Good luck to Jonjo. Wish it had worked out here, or he was at least given a bit more time, but it's probably the best deal for all involved.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 3, 2013, 05:03:28 pm »
It's not exactly selling the family silver, he's been judged over this season and the manager clearly doesn't think the player is getting whatever message he's sending. If he doesn't see that changing, better to move him on. If anything it shows we have high standards.

I'd be far more perturbed if he was replacing him with 29 year olds but he's not, he's bought in a 20 year from Sevilla. 

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 3, 2013, 05:08:07 pm »
I know people seem to rate him, but how far have we fallen if the likes of Shelvey leaving is almost universally mourned, when he's not exactly set the world alight in his rare actually starts for the first team?
Some of you seem to give more of a shit that he hold Fergie to fuck off, making him a 'legend'.

He'd have been more of a legend had he been brilliant when he played against Man U and scored a few past them.
 :-X

That said, best of luck to him. Decent for a team like Swansea, nowhere near good enough for us if we want to be the club we were. Just my opinion.

I don't really see any mourning, most are just wishing him good luck and a small minority are questioning the decision.

I wouldn't have minded if he's stayed, but he wouldn't have played so good luck in Cymru

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 3, 2013, 05:08:47 pm »
I have to agree, really not convinced by much of our transfer dealings in the last year.

Oh yeah, getting rid of all the deadwood and signing players like Coutinho, Sturridge,
Aspas, Alberto and Mignolet all signed for the amount we got from selling Carroll and Shelvey for. Not convincing that.

I swear some people need to learn when to let go regarding our youngsters, every time we sell one its 'always a shame' and 'all they need is gametime and they will become the next Gerrard'. Shelvey will never be a top 4 player so 6m is a very good fee for someone who has under-performed after given chance after chance.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #88 on: July 3, 2013, 05:09:06 pm »
Best time to sell, I reckon - we require a major upgrade in personnel in certain areas right now to either convince our brightest talents to stay, or else manage reasonably well without them, and players like Shelvey just cannot be afforded the space and painstaking patience to grow into the footballer they may or may not become, in this particular team at this particular juncture.

I've grown fond of Jonjo, I'll defo miss him in a way and I certainly wish him all the best, but he's proven a far more frustrating prospect than the likes of Henderson, Sterling, and Suso, for me. They haven't exactly cleaved the world in two with their prodigious genius either, but I'd come to be almost always expecting Jonjo to do something utterly lame-brained pretty much immediately after showing a brief glimpse of a special talent. Maybe it's a little unfair on a young lad still with such potential, but I hope he can improve his concentration levels and push on elsewhere.

Only a good decision on our part if we bring in that significant upgrade, mind. This window is on a proper knife-edge for us, if you ask me - all these astute, promising early dealings could turn to absolute shit so easily if we're not equal-parts careful and bold.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #89 on: July 3, 2013, 05:09:17 pm »
All the best to the Dark Lord, I think that he will do great for Swansea, should he be given ample starts and first team apperences. This is a good bit of Buisness for both clubs. At 21, Jonjo has experience in Europe and internationally for England, add that to his PL games and 6m is a decent price for the lad.

:wave
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #90 on: July 3, 2013, 05:09:23 pm »
What a difference a year makes!! must have really disappointed Rodgers, he's gone from golden boy to unused sub in half a season.

good luck old boy! im sure youll pick lots from laudrup! adios amigo

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: July 3, 2013, 05:11:46 pm »

Its bizarre how attached people get to some youth/fringe players at this club.

Fucking hell mate, wait till you see what it gets like in here when Pacheco gets sold   :-X
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 3, 2013, 05:14:17 pm »
good luck

lets hope Alberto is better, otherwise there is no point
YNWA

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 3, 2013, 05:14:33 pm »
Agree with earlier poster - there is definitely a player in there somewhere. Good bit of business by the club imo

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: July 3, 2013, 05:15:44 pm »
I know people seem to rate him, but how far have we fallen if the likes of Shelvey leaving is almost universally mourned, when he's not exactly set the world alight in his rare actually starts for the first team?
Some of you seem to give more of a shit that he hold Fergie to fuck off, making him a 'legend'.

He'd have been more of a legend had he been brilliant when he played against Man U and scored a few past them.

That said, best of luck to him. Decent for a team like Swansea, nowhere near good enough for us if we want to be the club we were. Just my opinion.

For me it is the fact he is still young and  he needs games to improve, this will be the situation with any young player. We seem quite happy to give up on them or switch them for another player with potential rather than coach and develop them.

We keep bringing in these young players so we have to give them the best chance of developing, were not.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #95 on: July 3, 2013, 05:18:52 pm »
I have to agree, really not convinced by much of our transfer dealings in the last year.

Really?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #96 on: July 3, 2013, 05:20:02 pm »

Pretty much agree with all of this.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #97 on: July 3, 2013, 05:21:09 pm »
Will definitely be on the look out for Swansea games this season then. He has the core talents to be a fantastic player, but he just didn't get the chance to grow on it here. Hope he does great at Swansea, especially if we put a buyback clause  ;)
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Whelans curled it!

• Main Stander
  • R.I.P. 96
« Reply #98 on: July 3, 2013, 05:21:18 pm »
Fucking hell mate, wait till you see what it gets like in here when Pacheco gets sold   :-X

You mean, Pacheco is STILL here!?  ;)
DO or DO not,there is no try!

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 3, 2013, 05:22:20 pm »
For me it is the fact he is still young and  he needs games to improve, this will be the situation with any young player. We seem quite happy to give up on them or switch them for another player with potential rather than coach and develop them.

We keep bringing in these young players so we have to give them the best chance of developing, were not.

So we should have held on to Ngog, Pongolle, Le Tallec etc?

Offline Whelans curled it!

• Main Stander
  • R.I.P. 96
« Reply #100 on: July 3, 2013, 05:23:34 pm »
Good luck to the lad, i dare say he must have something, but i never really saw him grab the bull by the horns really, passing was always wayward and shooting was bit wild, but who knows with a proper run in a first team.
DO or DO not,there is no try!

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 3, 2013, 05:24:41 pm »
He has done a decent enough job, sorry it didn't work out... I think though in the past we've doted on some players who didn't really deserve it, like Spearing. Wish him the best of luck
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 3, 2013, 05:24:47 pm »
Interesting one this. Does have the potential class to do well for himself, just never shown it enough here.

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #103 on: July 3, 2013, 05:25:07 pm »
He'd be quicker taking the motorway.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #104 on: July 3, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »
5-6 million? Crap price for an under 21 international imo,  imagine what we would pay (have paid) for similar??

I wish him all the best,  a good player but a victim of the push for top four, something I personally don't think he will make but good luck to him.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #105 on: July 3, 2013, 05:25:39 pm »
Sad to see the baldy one go. Thought there was plenty of potential but he seemed to regress last season.

Good luck to the lad and will never forget his volley of abuse towards the piss stain  :)

Offline NGreat

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: July 3, 2013, 05:25:50 pm »
A great deal for us. Swansea is a strange move for him though, he would have been better suited to West ham or Stoke.

Offline Red Reign

• Anny Roader
  • Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.
Reds confirm Shelvey sale to Swansea City
« Reply #107 on: July 3, 2013, 05:26:22 pm »
I think most of us can agree that there is decent player in there somewhere but the question is: Is that player better than the current crop we are trying to develop and the others we're trying to recruit? If we're being honest the answer is no. He doesn't have the work rate of Henderson, the vision of Coutinho, the skill set of Alberto, the tidy passing of Allen or the goals of potential signings like Mkhitaryan. What does he have? The ability to get "stuck in"? He's a good kid but very limited as a footballer. I liken him to Carroll; ability to have motm performances but otherwise too one-dimensional to play for a top side.
“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #108 on: July 3, 2013, 05:26:26 pm »
;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #109 on: July 3, 2013, 05:37:26 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #110 on: July 3, 2013, 05:39:35 pm »
Best of luck, very sad to see young Jonjo go :(

Offline BigRed100

• Main Stander
  • Fowler09
« Reply #111 on: July 3, 2013, 05:40:39 pm »
Best of luck Johnjo, would have liked it to work out here as I see a damned good midfielder in there somewhere. I'm sure he will have benefited from a couple of years working with Stevie G in the engine room and I think we'll see Johjo cement an England squad place in the next few years off the back of regular performances in midfield for Swansea.

The guy was definitely dynamic, physical, and could have been a solid Liverpool player but the time was right to sell, although £5m isn't a huge amount for him in my opinion and we could possibly have got a bit more for him in a year or two following a successful loan period.

Will always be remembered of course for giving it to Ferguson the c*nt, and never shied away from a challenge. Go find your shooting boots now Johnjo!

YNWA
Sex Panther... 60% of the time, it works EVERY time!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #112 on: July 3, 2013, 05:51:22 pm »
Have to say im a little surprised and dissapointed by this. I can see the thinking that Jojo wasnt 1st team ready week in week out, but I would have though a year loan deal to a decent footballing side.

I certainly hope there is a sell on clause as no disresect to Swansea, I can see him moving to a bigger club in time.

All the best Jonjo.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 3, 2013, 05:53:26 pm »
So we should have held on to Ngog, Pongolle, Le Tallec etc?

No, we should have been better judges when we brought them to the club. Let me ask you, would you have spent 26m on Allen and Borini? What would you value them at now?

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #114 on: July 3, 2013, 05:53:43 pm »
Mixed feelings as feel he is worth £8/10m

Best of luck lad

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 3, 2013, 05:56:19 pm »
Bit gutted about this. Best of luck Jonjo. My little boy loves doing your 4 eyes celebration.

Agree with a lot. Think he's a talented boy and will become the player we hoped he would for us.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2013, 06:00:46 pm by Ski »
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #116 on: July 3, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »
I think Jonjo is worth more than £5m but his failure to consistently prove how good he really is will have stopped us getting that. I think he'll do well at Swansea, assuming Laudrup will be able to find a role he can flourish in.

All the best, Jonjo.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline MihawkLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Meh.
« Reply #117 on: July 3, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »
Best of luck too you Jonjo. Didn't work out for you here. Hope you will rediscover your form and show us what you are capable of.

YNWA lad

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 3, 2013, 05:58:47 pm »
The ECHO understands the Reds will receive around £5million up front with a potential £1million in add-ons.

- James Pearce.

Also, these "we will regret selling him" comments are getting really tiresome really quickly.

The potential in Jonjo is for all to see. The question was, do we wait for it to develop or do we cash in on him to make sure we get the player(s) we want to strengthen the team right now ? Brendan wants to do the latter. Hopefully our squad will benefit, come the end of transfer window.

Best of luck to Jonjo. I think he will be a good player for them.

i think we are going to regret selling him in time

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 3, 2013, 05:59:26 pm »
5-6 million? Crap price for an under 21 international imo,  imagine what we would pay (have paid) for similar??

16m 2 years ago right?