Author Topic: MLS Thread  (Read 82130 times)

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MLS Thread
« Reply #640 on: July 26, 2023, 02:18:46 am »
Messi is in first start for Inter Miami vs Atlanta United 2 goals and 1 assist.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #641 on: July 26, 2023, 11:45:07 am »
Must be the craziest thing ever if you're playing for Miami, who have been pretty poor since joining the league, bang average players even at that level, and then you're playing with fucking Messi  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: August 1, 2023, 08:39:01 pm »
Bruce Arena suspended by New England.I wonder what the always vague "insensitive and inappropriate remarks" were? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66377906.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #643 on: August 1, 2023, 08:48:40 pm »
Bruce Arena suspended by New England.I wonder what the always vague "insensitive and inappropriate remarks" were? https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66377906.

It's Bruce. He hasn't changed.

If the club suspected that it's values have changed, then not signing him on or not renewing his contract was a dumb decision.

It's Bruce.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: August 3, 2023, 12:31:06 am »
Nothing on the local news about what was said and to who,might make their leagues cup game tomorrow a bit more interesting to watch.Talking of which The inter Messi show plays Orlando at 8 p.m tonight on Unimas,so streams will be available.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #645 on: August 3, 2023, 01:00:57 am »
Nothing on the local news about what was said and to who,might make their leagues cup game tomorrow a bit more interesting to watch.Talking of which The inter Messi show plays Orlando at 8 p.m tonight on Unimas,so streams will be available.

You know at some point, he'll do a press conference and state exactly what was said, with a either shit-eating grin plastered across his mug, or the great stone face...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: August 3, 2023, 09:38:38 am »
Messi banging another few goals in, doing Marvel celebrations   and Tom Brady buying into Birmingham City

What a fuckin weird few months
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: August 7, 2023, 04:52:19 am »
Messi FK goal to tie it at 4-4. Inter Miami through on penalty kicks.
Messi had 2 goals in the game. helped set up again and Assisted on an own goal from Dallas.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2023, 04:56:30 am by RedG13 »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #648 on: August 7, 2023, 12:38:53 pm »
Even though I think he's a little twat, Messi choosing to finish his career in the MLS is brilliant for the game over there and so much better than him ending up playing for a Saudi club.  Great to see the impact he's already made.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #649 on: August 7, 2023, 12:48:06 pm »
Soccer is shite footy.
Kill the humourless

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: August 7, 2023, 01:16:42 pm »
Messi FK goal to tie it at 4-4. Inter Miami through on penalty kicks.
Messi had 2 goals in the game. helped set up again and Assisted on an own goal from Dallas.

The own goal was comical.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #651 on: August 7, 2023, 01:19:08 pm »
The own goal was comical.

I couldn't believe it, he finished it like a forward, it was bizarre.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: August 7, 2023, 01:24:15 pm »
It was ridiculously bad. It wasn't even a great free kick. Just free header into back of the net ;D

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: August 7, 2023, 04:56:52 pm »
He had score a goal from Messi one time in his career  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X 8) 8) 8) ::) ::) ::)

Honestly the pace on the ball and all the player missing the ball made it harder for him.

It was a crazy game. The Robert Taylor own goal was insane recovery run too.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #654 on: August 7, 2023, 05:43:38 pm »
Two more superb finishes by Messi made to look relatively straight forward by him, which he's done his entire career. The first reminded me of the last minute winner he got in the Clasico about six or seven years ago, and I feel like I've seen that free kick so many times from him before.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #655 on: August 7, 2023, 09:30:28 pm »
Two more superb finishes by Messi made to look relatively straight forward by him, which he's done his entire career. The first reminded me of the last minute winner he got in the Clasico about six or seven years ago, and I feel like I've seen that free kick so many times from him before.
Here a side by Side https://twitter.com/foottoon1/status/1688377268408627200

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #656 on: August 8, 2023, 12:12:48 pm »
Here a side by Side https://twitter.com/foottoon1/status/1688377268408627200

Not surprised somebody made that. Firs thing I thought of was the similarity to that goal at the Bernabeu, a really underrated finish from his career

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: August 8, 2023, 03:39:47 pm »
Revolution lost last night in a penalty shoot out,miss out on a chance of a Messi game in the semi final,if results had gone right.
https://www.leaguescup.com/standings/bracket.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: August 16, 2023, 12:06:51 am »
Inter Mia vs Philly Union in the leagues cup semi final starting in like 4 minutes if anybody is interested

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: August 16, 2023, 12:20:15 am »
Inter Mia vs Philly Union in the leagues cup semi final starting in like 4 minutes if anybody is interested
Miami already scored!

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: August 16, 2023, 01:02:30 am »
Miami already scored!
It 3-0 at the half. Messi and Alba scored.
This is the considered the best Defense in MLS.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #661 on: August 16, 2023, 01:16:09 am »
At what point do we look at Messi's incredible run in the MLS as an indicator of just how bad the rest of the league is? Pundits and the like have been over the moon about how amazing he's been (and he has) while no one dares ask what that says of the skill level of the league.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Online MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: August 16, 2023, 01:29:33 am »
At what point do we look at Messi's incredible run in the MLS as an indicator of just how bad the rest of the league is? Pundits and the like have been over the moon about how amazing he's been (and he has) while no one dares ask what that says of the skill level of the league.
Is it not a known thing that the league is shite?

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #663 on: August 16, 2023, 01:48:35 am »
Is it not a known thing that the league is shite?

It's something they've worked hard to improve over the last few years, and for the most part, have succeeded. I think looking down on the MLS these days is a bit out of fashion, but bringing Messi into it risks undoing all the good work the league has done. But for now, everyone is pretending that having a player who could, at times, run circles around world class players is a good thing for a league still finding its feet.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #664 on: August 16, 2023, 02:10:56 am »
Also worth noting that they've added busquets and Alba too, when you put three of the greats of that barca team into the MLS they have an aura that other teams stand off. They're also getting very favorable decisions from referees in a tournament that will get a lot of attention should Miami win it (Worth noting that this isn't the MLS he is playing in, Its the Leagues Cup) and the final is this weekend. Then you'll see Miami get tonnes of favourable decisions to get them off the bottom of the league and into the playoffs as there's no way the MLS will not have Messi in the playoffs. They have 12 games to claw back 12 points.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: August 16, 2023, 02:16:44 am »
It a combo of messi still be so good. Is there a PL team he wont start on right now? I cant think of one but he cant do it 3 times a week at the intensity required. You would have carry him more in one of those team.
Also MLS defense isnt that good, more money spent on attackers so yea. Also like MLS team dont know how to defend Busquests very well.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: August 16, 2023, 03:36:34 am »
Also will say. This was best like expected goals Miami was held too, it was super good finishing game for Miami with bad Goalkeeping game(for one of the best keeper in the mls)
Miami had 4 shots and 4 goals.
Like im not sure Miami had over 1 expect goal. Philly had a tons more shots and Idk what the Expected goals ended at but it was over 2.
Editing. Apple tv Had Miami at .6 expected goals and Philly at 2.56 expected goals. Philly had a lot of that in the 2nd half but Miami really finished it chances/Blake having a really bad game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 04:59:44 am by RedG13 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: August 18, 2023, 07:03:40 pm »
Nashville has home field for the final which for some reason kicks off at 9 p.m eastern Saturday night.Remains to be seen if i'm in any fit state to pay attention by that time.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: August 18, 2023, 09:47:51 pm »
Nashville has home field for the final which for some reason kicks off at 9 p.m eastern Saturday night.Remains to be seen if i'm in any fit state to pay attention by that time.
The 3rd place game is at 6pm in Philly. It was always going be at night with the heat in the US but like that kinda late for a final

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: August 20, 2023, 02:49:08 am »
https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1693075081788871090?t=hkvlXqvd1gB7NoFsfRlifQ&s=19
Leagues cup final is happening now. Messi scored a worldie

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: August 20, 2023, 04:46:28 am »
Inter Miami Wins League cup on Penalty kicks 10-9.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: August 20, 2023, 09:12:11 am »
Messi now the most decorated player in history

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2023, 03:12:08 am »
Inter Miami played Cincinnati in the US Open Cup, Cincinnati went up 2-0, Messi provided 2 assists in the second half before going up 3-2 giving up the lead to winning on penalties.
Here the 2nd inter Miami goal hopefully it not regional blocked
https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1694518612982215121
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 03:14:10 am by RedG13 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: August 24, 2023, 06:54:16 pm »
I was watching that last night.The twats in their Miami and Argentina shirts celebrating in amongst the Cincinnati fans,fuck knows how they didn't get a slap.Back to the MLS this weekend Revs in Montreal,still no news on Bruce Arena and The Revs keeper is rumored off to Chelsea after throwing a tizzy tantrum to get out.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/08/21/sports/lack-transparency-bruce-arena-investigation-is-unacceptable/

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: September 10, 2023, 05:43:48 pm »
Bruce Arena gone,https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66766983.Having a look at a Revs forum seems some bad blood stuff within the coaching staff ?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: September 24, 2023, 12:51:09 am »
Revs in Chicago kick off at 8.30 eastern,really need to win this,stop the slump.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: October 29, 2023, 06:03:20 pm »
Asked em at the bar to put the Revs v Union playoff game on after the rugby yesterday but they couldn't figure out the Apple tv log in stuff so i didn't watch it! Revs lost 3-1.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #677 on: November 4, 2023, 05:32:34 pm »

'Phil Neville: Portland Timbers fans criticise 'sexist' manager linked with vacancy':-

A Portland Timbers fan group say they are "deeply disappointed" the club is linked with manager Phil Neville after his "history of sexist statements".

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67322087

Edit: on Monday night...

'Portland Timbers name Phil Neville as head coach':-

www.timbers.com/news/portland-timbers-name-phil-neville-as-head-coach

:lmao

« Last Edit: November 6, 2023, 10:11:02 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #678 on: November 10, 2023, 10:17:15 am »

“The big part of this city is the supporters, and the statement they put out showed that this club cares about their people.

“In reference to the tweets I made in 2011, I addressed these in 2019 when I was named the head coach of the England women’s team.

“(They are) by no means a reflection of me as a person, of my character, and without a shadow of a doubt, the way I was brought up by my mother and father in terms of the values they instilled in me.

“The tweets I put out were wrong in 2011, and they’re wrong today. I want to get to know the Timbers Army, I want to get to know everybody in the city, and I want them to get to know me as a person, as a character. And I want to make sure there is an incredible trust between us.”

EADIAF

Eat a dick in a fire, you c*nt! Phil, you are a coattail rider. You deserve no respect. Retired and have proven yourself as a serial loser. Get back in your cave, you urchin.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: November 11, 2023, 03:38:43 pm »
Not sure  'Eat a dick in a fire you c*nt' is the kinda language the uber hipster pc timbers fans would approve off when discusing sexist comments ?
And the Revs wimpered out of the play-offs midweek. Expect new stadium news rumors to get the season  ticket renewals going.Still a joke of an organization.