Author Topic: Planning Permission - Neighbours Building Work  (Read 7752 times)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Planning Permission - Neighbours Building Work
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2021, 07:05:28 pm »
Well do what ever it is you want to do, and fuck him and if he comes back and moans, revert to plan A, above, but go kinky and get the clown shoes on.

He’s a fucking GP.

Imagine acting this way and thinking it’s normal.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2021, 08:34:09 pm »
Oh ffs, my chest is wheezing now ye mad get.

Imagine Chops offering the local GP out, wearing his clown shoes.

Killed me that, funny as fuck.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2021, 10:06:35 pm »
Oh ffs, my chest is wheezing now ye mad get.

Imagine Chops offering the local GP out, wearing his clown shoes.

Killed me that, funny as fuck.

Same 😂

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2021, 11:46:34 pm »
Neighbour previously agreed in writing to replace damaged fence panels with ‘like for like’ replacement.

Fence panel was removed for rendering and snapped at bottom. He’s now claiming it had ‘rot damage’ but not provided photo evidence despite asking. Said this was discovered pre build seven weeks ago.

Assume this is a shit civil matter where I have zero protection. It’s a fifty quid panel and I can’t really be arsed to deal further with him as he’s a twat.

Must be something you can put between the fence panel and his extension that will slowly fuck his shit up and can be blamed on his builders?
Some sort of damp issue could easily occur in that tight space if he wasn’t careful,  be a shame if it was coming from behind his new fitted kitchen.
I would refuse him access to your property ever again for maintenance to his carbuncle too.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2021, 05:11:03 am »
It’s funny as most neighbours would realise that the work has caused 7 weeks of huge disruption so far in a lockdown (hence why he’s moved out) and the panels only need to be replaced because of this new extension. But he lives on a different planet to decent people and is not neighbourly in the slightest.

On Sunday, we had to have Southern Water out to unblock our drains as overflowing on garden. Our drains run under his house and were blocked with soil / earth. It’s too coincidental for it not to have been caused by them. He said he had a CCTV inspection on his drains done a month ago saying our pipe walls were in bad shape full of fat - he never told me this until Sunday when I raised this which I find weird. SW said there was not fat on our pipe walls.

He is now refusing to deal with me saying he hasn’t got time for it and we must go via his builder. It’s surely not his builders job to deal with neighbour disputes? His builder has been ok but again not to be trusted as not done what he said with the wall our side. He also has loads of shit leant up against the remaining panels (old window frames and tools) that has been there a week. I have photo evidence and asked for it to be removed again yesterday but it’s still there.

The neighbour will argue anything at this stage. A fence panel costs minimal amount so pointless trying to deal with him as it’s literally impossible. I wouldn’t be surprised if he left wall unfinished at this stage out of spite as it’s just the way he is but not sure Building Control would sign it off in that state.

He cannot be trusted in any regard. He’s now adding a ‘laundry storage unit’ to the extension so waiting on the Council to write to me as we have to be informed as he now needs planning permission. I think I can appoint a Surveyor at his cost too (avoided at first stage as actually trusted him) so will be doing that and will oppose it due to height and possible noise disruption especially if it has laundry equipment in it.

I genuinely don’t know what to do at this stage as it is impacting our health due to the stress. It’s obviously heightened due to the fact we are here all day but I like to think we are reasonable people who have not asked for much back in return.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 05:28:08 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2021, 09:51:23 am »
Just turn into a massive c*nt and make his life as hard as possible, and find enjoyment in it. He’s acted the c*nt, so only fair.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2021, 10:10:29 am »
Just turn into a massive c*nt and make his life as hard as possible, and find enjoyment in it. He’s acted the c*nt, so only fair.

That’s not how we are though. It would be nice to play loud music and disturb him but it’s just not how I act.

I think the best thing is to ignore him from now on. He’s a completely unreasonable character.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 10:12:39 am by Nick110581 »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2021, 11:13:51 am »
Given he isn't there, is there anyone else at the house overnight? If not, it would be a shame if someone went in and absolutely destroyed the extension
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2021, 11:32:19 am »
Given he isn't there, is there anyone else at the house overnight? If not, it would be a shame if someone went in and absolutely destroyed the extension

I don’t think it’s even near completion yet.

They have spent weeks knocking down the majority of the internal walls as he removed the chimney.

New boiler, new piping, new drainage and new electrical bits then telling us about the storage shed the other week.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2021, 11:57:52 am »

This.

Put every complaint to him in writing. Say you've been reasonable up until now but he has reneged on agreements - eg, replacing the fence panel that his work damaged - and tell him if the issues are not resolved satisfactorily within 30 days, you will be engaging a solicitor.

I think he's worked out that you're a decent guy who doesn't want to cause trouble and so is taking the piss.

You need to reverse that.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2021, 12:02:33 pm »

This.

Put every complaint to him in writing. Say you've been reasonable up until now but he has reneged on agreements - eg, replacing the fence panel that his work damaged - and tell him if the issues are not resolved satisfactorily within 30 days, you will be engaging a solicitor.

I think he's worked out that you're a decent guy who doesn't want to cause trouble and so is taking the piss.

You need to reverse that.

Tried that. He doesn’t listen to anything and just continually doubles down.

I didn’t appoint a Surveyor as it would have been at his cost and trusted him to act with decency.

He agreed my terms in writing that were not unreasonable (mainly about damage to fences and access for rendering / painting only). His argument is now that we are replacing them anyway so he shouldn’t be burdened with the full cost. It’s one fence panel and only being replaced because of his extension. If he spotted damage pre build then why am I learning about it now?

We had a fairly heated exchange over email a couple of weeks back over Easter working and storage shed. Once again, I apologised and offered an olive branch. He replied saying we shouldn’t fall out but no apology. He called me a disgrace and that I should be ashamed of myself as he is Doctor and a father who doesn’t have time for my constant rants.

A surveyor has confirmed the following for his storage shed:

Dear Nick

My involvement on your side of the wall alone is likely to be in the region of £750 inc VAT.  They will also need their own surveyor which would likely be £1,200 ish or thereabouts.  All in I would expect the cost to be around £2,000 to £2,500 perhaps.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:23:29 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2021, 02:31:55 pm »
If the cost is all on him Nick then do it. Hit him in the pocket as much as you can

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2021, 02:33:50 pm »
If the cost is all on him Nick then do it. Hit him in the pocket as much as you can

It’s all on him.

It will obviously then turn nasty with him refusing to render / paint the wall our side.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2021, 03:05:10 pm »
They have spent weeks knocking down the majority of the internal walls as he removed the chimney.

New boiler, new piping, new drainage and new electrical bits then telling us about the storage shed the other week.

Sneak in and build all the walls again. He'll be really fucked off.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 13, 2021, 04:00:33 pm »
I have an alternative suggestion if this is affecting your health: chill the fuck out! If the build has specific planning permission or is a permitted development there's fuck all you can do about it. If the fence needs replacing at the end of it, replace the fucking fence! I mean, it's not hard ::)
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #95 on: April 13, 2021, 04:04:59 pm »
I have an alternative suggestion if this is affecting your health: chill the fuck out! If the build has specific planning permission or is a permitted development there's fuck all you can do about it. If the fence needs replacing at the end of it, replace the fucking fence! I mean, it's not hard ::)

If the neighbour has damaged the fence so he can extend his house he can replace the fucking fence.

I mean it’s not hard.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2021, 04:52:27 pm »
If the neighbour has damaged the fence so he can extend his house he can replace the fucking fence.

I mean it’s not hard.

And if he's a doctor, he'll be on fuckloads of money anyway.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2021, 05:25:24 pm »

I assume nothing ever bothers you in life whatsoever then?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2021, 06:00:09 pm »

You sound like my neighbour.

Fuck me.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 06:03:14 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2021, 07:08:04 pm »

Fuck me.

Problem, he said it's not hard...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2021, 08:12:23 pm »

Sounds like a job for the RAWK vengeance A Team.
If not , I would get a tough football and practice my volleys against the wall every night, especially if the fence is broken already.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2021, 07:44:44 am »
You just hope karma is an actual thing

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2021, 09:00:08 am »
He turned up this morning and parked round the corner on double yellow lines (was on way back from my walk!)

Didn’t see him but that’s hilarious.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2021, 10:42:07 am »

I mean it’s not hard.
I largely agree but if the neighbour's being an arse about it and it's affecting Nick's health then there's another way to deal with it that won't have such a negative impact.
I assume nothing ever bothers you in life whatsoever then?
There are some things that bother me, yes. But when it comes to my stress levels it's easy to choose the level of importance I put on things, especially those which I cannot control.

Fuck me.
Sorry if that makes you feel worse.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2021, 10:44:09 am »
Let’s be honest though, the neighbour sounds like the sort where if you give an inch he’ll try and take a mile.

Nick has already been decent by not making him go to the expense of a surveyor for the extension, which he had every right to do, yet now the neighbour is being a dick over all sorts.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2021, 11:00:07 am »

Fuck me.

Did your neighbour prescribe you anything for your stress?  Seems fair and reasonable that he should being a Doctor and all that
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2021, 12:02:17 pm »
Did your neighbour prescribe you anything for your stress?  Seems fair and reasonable that he should being a Doctor and all that

I am chilled about it now.

His behaviour today summed it up-sneaking in his own house and parking round the corner

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2021, 01:06:25 pm »
Karma might not get to him but it seems a guilty conscience has...

Poor chap
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2021, 01:07:07 pm »
Bad neighbours are a scourge on society and the well-being of decent citizens.

As you know we've moved away, in part to have some peace and quiet and privacy but mainly because we have dickheads for neighbours.

I'm home this week as I had some work booked, we've only been away 3wks and during that time they've extended their decking and put all the rubbish, old patio set and leftover pallets in the space between mine and another neighbours garage. 

When I went to put the bin out on Monday morning which I knew we'd put some rubbish into before we left, they've filled it to the max with all their crap.

Today I've come home for lunch in-between clients and he's got his happy hardcore music blaring with all the doors and windows open so everyone can hear it. 

Bear in mind our neighbours on the other side work nights so are in bed trying to sleep.

They just don't care about, don't think about and don't consider anyone else but themselves, their needs, their lives, their fun.  They'll do what the fuck they like.

I feel for you Nick as they can truly make your life a misery.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2021, 01:24:44 pm »
Bad neighbours are a scourge on society and the well-being of decent citizens.

As you know we've moved away, in part to have some peace and quiet and privacy but mainly because we have dickheads for neighbours.

I'm home this week as I had some work booked, we've only been away 3wks and during that time they've extended their decking and put all the rubbish, old patio set and leftover pallets in the space between mine and another neighbours garage. 

When I went to put the bin out on Monday morning which I knew we'd put some rubbish into before we left, they've filled it to the max with all their crap.

Today I've come home for lunch in-between clients and he's got his happy hardcore music blaring with all the doors and windows open so everyone can hear it. 

Bear in mind our neighbours on the other side work nights so are in bed trying to sleep.

They just don't care about, don't think about and don't consider anyone else but themselves, their needs, their lives, their fun.  They'll do what the fuck they like.

I feel for you Nick as they can truly make your life a misery.

That’s sounds an absolute delight. What’s wrong with people?

This guy just think he’s better than me because he’s a Doctor. It’s as simple as that.

He didn’t follow procedures to begin with and didn’t like being called out on it.

Doubling down on the fence panel is hilarious as I could just appoint a Surveyor now for his extension that would cost him a ton.

He’s not to be trusted in the slightest as he’s sneaky and never told us about this storage thing before. He would have known at the start but obviously played the system to his advantage. It is not validated with the Council yet and he’s told them it’s for bike storage yet told me it’s having laundry equipment in it. I asked what machines and he said the tumble dryer will not be noisy and gave the decibels likening to a birdcall of rainfall (seriously).

My gut instinct was to appoint one back when it all started but tried to be neighbourly and this is the reward. 

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2021, 01:27:15 pm »
Just get one appointed now and don’t even stress about it.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2021, 01:30:10 pm »
Just reading this thread is raising my blood pressure; you need to put everything in writing and appoint a very meticulous surveyor at his expense.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2021, 01:39:00 pm »
Just get one appointed now and don’t even stress about it.

Just gets really messy then doesn’t it?

He will cause more issues as that’s the sort of person he is.

Assume he wouldn’t render wall our side then but that would be an error judging by the current state.

Any Solicitor would be at my expense.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 01:41:23 pm by Nick110581 »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2021, 01:41:04 pm »
Just gets messy then doesn’t it.

He will cause more issues as that’s the sort of person he is.

Sounds like he will anyway. At least with a surveyor you’ve got their support on your side.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2021, 01:48:48 pm »
Sounds like he will anyway. At least with a surveyor you’ve got their support on your side.

That’s a fair point but then I will have to pay to render and paint the wall which I would loathe doing.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2021, 01:52:48 pm »
Council just emailed me back

Thank you for your email.

The planning application that has been submitted specifies bike storage on the floor plans,

The application will be validated in due course. After validation the application process takes around eight weeks including a statutory consultation in which neighbours and affected parties would be notified and given the opportunity to comment officially.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2021, 02:23:17 pm »
He turned up this morning and parked round the corner on double yellow lines (was on way back from my walk!)

Didn’t see him but that’s hilarious.

Sounds the type who'd put a 'doctor on call' notice in his windscreen, too.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2021, 02:26:15 pm »

Sounds the type who'd put a 'doctor on call' notice in his windscreen, too.

😂😂😂

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2021, 03:01:02 pm »
I do genuinely need to think how to play this.

He’s lied to the Council about this shed and nothing validated. We have time to respond but reckon he will build it without getting that.

Instructing a Surveyor does seem the only option.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 03:02:54 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2021, 03:08:15 pm »
I do genuinely need to think how to play this.

He’s lied to the Council about this shed and nothing validated. We have time to respond but reckon he will build it without getting that.

Instructing a Surveyor does seem the only option.

I think it's the only way you'll get some protection from his antics as it does sound as though he thinks his GP status excuses him from playing by the rules.