Author Topic: Liverpool Books  (Read 18427 times)

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Books
« Reply #80 on: September 9, 2010, 11:40:20 pm »
Will go an have a look in our local one, and the town one for that tomorrow!!

The Real Bob Paisley book didn't last very long at Home Bargains, but I see it all the time in the bargain bookshops for around a fiver. Pretty sure they've still got it at the bookshop on the ground floor of the St Johns Centre in town.

Offline Anfieldite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2010, 09:42:08 am »
I've been looking out for the Anfield Songbook in the shops but cant see it, is it online only?

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2010, 07:12:22 pm »
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2010, 07:46:17 pm »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Real-Bill-Shankly-Football/dp/1905266138

read the reviews?

It's written by Shanks' grand daughter Karen Gill... Excellent read!

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2010, 09:27:21 pm »
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Real-Bill-Shankly-Football/dp/1905266138

read the reviews?
That was the one I was looking for! Knew I had seen it somewhere - that lass was amazing on the SOS 4th July rally.

Offline Garcia#10

• Boys Pen
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2010, 01:59:14 pm »
some really nice recommendations in this thread..
Does anybody know about books on football tactics and strategies. just to understand the attack and defence patterns better and not for coaching or other high level stuff

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2010, 02:05:04 pm »
Does anybody know about books on football tactics and strategies. just to understand the attack and defence patterns better and not for coaching or other high level stuff

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/choosing-a-formation-in-soccer.html  :moon

Sorry couldn't resist... :wave

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2010, 03:38:14 pm »

Jonathan Wilson's Inverting The Pyramid is the book if you want to read about the history and development of football tactics.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2010, 12:48:25 am »
I really enjoyed Paul Tomkins  'Golden Past, Red Future' book. 

It's less statistic filled than his later work, and reflects how the season went back in 2004/05 - both the highs and lows, and the decisions made that led the club to appoint Rafa, and where they were planning to go from there.

Well worth a read - if you can find a copy (ebay or Tomkins himself may be the best bet)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Garcia#10

• Boys Pen
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »
Jonathan Wilson's Inverting The Pyramid is the book if you want to read about the history and development of football tactics.

already read that... great work.. i was asking more along the lines of "Soccer Modern Tactics: Italy's Top Coaches Analyze.." but i  bit more interesting perhaps.. :P

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2010, 03:35:39 pm »
I really enjoyed Paul Tomkins  'Golden Past, Red Future' book. 

It's less statistic filled than his later work, and reflects how the season went back in 2004/05 - both the highs and lows, and the decisions made that led the club to appoint Rafa, and where they were planning to go from there.

Well worth a read - if you can find a copy (ebay or Tomkins himself may be the best bet)

Went looking in town for this earlier today. Tried Waterstones, HMV and WHSmith. Amazon are currently sold out of it as well. I'm guessing you can buy the book on his website?

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #91 on: October 21, 2010, 01:43:13 am »
Went looking in town for this earlier today. Tried Waterstones, HMV and WHSmith. Amazon are currently sold out of it as well. I'm guessing you can buy the book on his website?

PM sent mate
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2010, 07:40:51 pm »
already read that... great work.. i was asking more along the lines of "Soccer Modern Tactics: Italy's Top Coaches Analyze.." but i  bit more interesting perhaps.. :P

Teambuilding: The Road to Success by Rinus Michels
http://www.amazon.com/Teambuilding-Road-Success-Rinus-Michels/dp/1890946737
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2010, 10:33:14 pm »
I've been looking out for the Anfield Songbook in the shops but cant see it, is it online only?

It's deffo in the club shops.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2010, 10:44:32 am »
Anyone got Tomkins new book yet - Pay as you Play?

Just ordered it from Amazon

I'm reading 44 Years with the same Bird - great book. Have just read the chapter when he met Souness at a work night out. Brilliant and fair play to him for sticking to his guns. Takes balles that when talkling to someone like Souness.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:46:04 am by weebroalan »

Offline larrylimestreet

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: November 19, 2010, 11:49:08 am »
Boys from the Mersey - easily the maddest and funniest.

Here We go Gathering Cups in May - boss!

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #96 on: December 3, 2010, 11:44:27 pm »
This one now appears to be "44 years with the same bird"

As I've just ordered it on Amazon. Either that or I've been ripped off :D
Ha, ha, mate. About half way through it and it IS now "44 years with the same bird" by Brian Reade. A great read which us 'Auld Arses' can relate to. Fully recommend the book. Next year's book will probably be titled "45 years with the same bird" !
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline Blingostarr

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2011, 05:37:21 pm »
Hello, anyone recommend a good LFC quiz book? thanks
JFT96