Author Topic: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares  (Read 303520 times)

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Re: Liverpool owner Hicks selling Texas Rangers shares
« Reply #1520 on: April 23, 2009, 07:52:42 pm »
on their way, would have put 2006s in there too but I seem to have an email provider that refuses to send emails larger in size than a couple of meg.

Got em mate , thanx again.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #1521 on: April 23, 2009, 08:19:51 pm »
Kop (F) holdings limited (not sure about the F)

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1522 on: April 23, 2009, 08:20:44 pm »
Kop Football Holdings Ltd
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1523 on: April 23, 2009, 08:20:45 pm »

ha !! I just realised what i did . . . Duh . . .
cheers mate .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1524 on: April 23, 2009, 08:26:20 pm »
I know not what It means exactly but looking at the accounts ttnbd sent me and it says KFHL entered into a " Master Swap " agreement with RBS on the 31 January 2008 , this agreement expires on the 31 January 2011 . . . .

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: April 23, 2009, 08:38:14 pm »
Number crunching with the Canadiens

Andrew Willis, today at 9:36 AM EDT

As the Montreal Canadiens begin what promises to be a tumultuous off season, let's take a moment to pay tribute to what owner George Gillett has accomplished off the ice.

The 100-year-old hockey team is likely to change hands in coming months, and Mr. Gillett will provide something of a case study in how to make a great deal of money on the right pro sports franchise. (There are far more examples of how to lose money in this space, and through his Nascar and English football exposure, Mr. Gillett is not unfamiliar with this experience.)

Mr. Gillett bought 80 per cent of the Bell Centre and the Canadiens in 2001 for $185-million (U.S.) Rival Quebec bidders - and there were several local entrepreneurs in the running - must kick themselves at missing this opportunity. Sources say the 70-year-old Wisconsin native put down just $50-million of his own money to fund the purchase, and borrowed the rest. Given Mr. Gillett's known love of leverage, this seems a reasonable, even liberal, assumption.

On Mr. Gillett's watch, the team and the Bell Centre have flourished; this week's sweep by the Bruins aside. The owner has put strong management in place, and the arena is one of the busiest entertainment venues on the planet.

Over the past nine years, sources say Mr. Gillett has been able to pull a fair amount of cash off the table. For example, he's said to have monetized the name rights on the Bell Centre – taken cash now against future marketing fees due from BCE. With consistent sell-outs for the Canadiens, along with concerts and other events, the property generates a consistent annual profit: Conservative estimates are in the $30-million to $50-million range. So that $50-million up-front investment has likely long since been recouped.

The Bell Centre and the team now carry $265-million (Canadian) in debt. BMO Nesbitt Burns is running an auction for Mr. Gillett that's expected to see his control stake in the team fetch $400-million to $450-million. (The Molson family owns the remaining 20 per cent.)

So once debt is retired, it's not hard to build a case of Mr. Gillett making $150-million to $200-million, or three to four times his original investment, over eight years of ownership in Montreal. That's a stellar return off an asset that's a whole lot more fun to own than T-bills.

Now, here's where things get interesting, but more than a little murky.

As mentioned, Mr. Gillett has no problem with shouldering debt to build companies – he has interests in auto dealerships, a transport company, ski hills and meat packing, along with the sports properties. There is speculation in banking circles that he's personally on the hook for something in the $200-million (U.S.) range, with Wachovia originally making that loan.

Wachovia has a new parent – Wells Fargo – and like most banks, a rediscovered zeal for prudent lending. Mr. Gillett's is said to be under pressure to pay down personal debt, at a time when auto dealerships and ski hills aren't exactly commanding premium valustions.

One concept Mr. Gillett floated, but couldn't sell, was a minority stake in all his sports properties – the Habs, the Nascar team and Liverpool F.C. The asking price was $400-million, but no one was willing to ante up this kind of cash for junior positions in a hodge-podge of holdings.

That brings us back to the what's playing out in Montreal right now – the possible sale of a storied NHL team that Mr. Gillett and colleagues have tried to downplay as “estate planning.” The potential windfall on the Canadiens sale might be just what Mr. Gillett needs to put his financial house in order.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090423.WBstreetwise20090423093633/WBStory/WBstreetwise
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: April 23, 2009, 08:46:49 pm »
Number crunching with the Canadiens

Andrew Willis, today at 9:36 AM EDT

Now, here's where things get interesting, but more than a little murky.

As mentioned, Mr. Gillett has no problem with shouldering debt to build companies – he has interests in auto dealerships, a transport company, ski hills and meat packing, along with the sports properties. There is speculation in banking circles that he's personally on the hook for something in the $200-million (U.S.) range, with Wachovia originally making that loan.

Wachovia has a new parent – Wells Fargo – and like most banks, a rediscovered zeal for prudent lending. Mr. Gillett's is said to be under pressure to pay down personal debt, at a time when auto dealerships and ski hills aren't exactly commanding premium valustions.

One concept Mr. Gillett floated, but couldn't sell, was a minority stake in all his sports properties – the Habs, the Nascar team and Liverpool F.C. The asking price was $400-million, but no one was willing to ante up this kind of cash for junior positions in a hodge-podge of holdings.

That brings us back to the what's playing out in Montreal right now – the possible sale of a storied NHL team that Mr. Gillett and colleagues have tried to downplay as “estate planning.” The potential windfall on the Canadiens sale might be just what Mr. Gillett needs to put his financial house in order.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090423.WBstreetwise20090423093633/WBStory/WBstreetwise

This little man owes $75m to springfield and now we are told he owes Wachovia $200m!  :o
I know both americans' loans for Liverpool are owed to RBS and Wachovia. Is this article saying Gillett owes another Ł200m to Wachovia? I'm confused.

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: April 23, 2009, 08:52:17 pm »
This little man owes $75m to springfield and now we are told he owes Wachovia $200m!  :o
I know both americans' loans for Liverpool are owed to RBS and Wachovia. Is this article saying Gillett owes another Ł200m to Wachovia? I'm confused.

yes Harry that's how I read it a further 200m$ ish with wacky bank
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1528 on: April 23, 2009, 09:01:09 pm »
Got a feeling if there is a press conference tommorw it will be about Kenny, now I am over the moon he is coming back, dont get me wrong but it wont be the news we are all hoping for, just a feeling Ive got, could be wrong tho  :-\
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline HarryLabrador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: April 23, 2009, 09:02:08 pm »
yes Harry that's how I read it a further 200m$ ish with wacky bank
It gets worse. Reading Tim's post today on West Ham and the possibility of their bank taking control since their holding company has gone into administration, I can see real problems for us. Kop Holdings and Liverpool FC could be seen as "inextricably linked as one economic entity", just like Southampton, should Kop Holdings go into administration?

Offline merseypride

• Has given up luncheon meat. Believes himself to be the reincarnation of Nostradamus
  • Kopite
  • Liverpool Football Club.....The Only way is UP!
    • Exclusive Contests
« Reply #1530 on: April 23, 2009, 09:04:32 pm »
I know not what It means exactly but looking at the accounts ttnbd sent me and it says KFHL entered into a " Master Swap " agreement with RBS on the 31 January 2008 , this agreement expires on the 31 January 2011 . . . .

I found this with a simple google search

Master Swap Agreement
Comprehensive documentation of standard terms and conditions covering all swap transactions between two counterparties. Usually based on standard documents prepared by the International Swap and Derivatives Association (ISDA).

http://riskinstitute.ch/00012051.htm

Maybe someone could explain in more simplistic terms?
Liverpool FC .... Things can only get Better!!

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1531 on: April 23, 2009, 09:18:20 pm »
It's formalised wife-swapping. The PERVERTS.

royhendo

« Reply #1532 on: April 23, 2009, 09:25:36 pm »
I found this with a simple google search

Master Swap Agreement
Comprehensive documentation of standard terms and conditions covering all swap transactions between two counterparties. Usually based on standard documents prepared by the International Swap and Derivatives Association (ISDA).

http://riskinstitute.ch/00012051.htm

Maybe someone could explain in more simplistic terms?

It's a way of managing your interest cost when you borrow money from the markets.

You go to the market and through the mysteries of zany mathematics, you can swap your borrowing currency, equalise interest costs, and all that gubbins. So they've taken steps with RBS's Treasury boffins to make their cashflow more predictable.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #1533 on: April 23, 2009, 09:29:52 pm »

It's a transaction that, in this case, changes the interest basis for a company.  In this case the underlying loan of Kop Football Holdings Limited has an interest charge of libor + 3.5%.  The master swaps means the company receives libor (not sure if it is libor flat) and pays a fixed rate of interest (approx 5%).  This means that the interest due on the Ł245m loan for Kop Football Holdings Limited is fixed for the duration of the loan.

Now it was this deal that was suggesting strongly to me that RBS were willing to have the loan extended to 2011, although on different terms.  To put in place a swap that goes beyond the underlying loan creates interest rate risk which the bank will not want to have (although it's gone for them these past 6 months).
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: April 23, 2009, 09:37:05 pm »
 :mooncat

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1535 on: April 23, 2009, 09:38:05 pm »
It gets worse. Reading Tim's post today on West Ham and the possibility of their bank taking control since their holding company has gone into administration, I can see real problems for us. Kop Holdings and Liverpool FC could be seen as "inextricably linked as one economic entity", just like Southampton, should Kop Holdings go into administration?

I dont think theres any 'could' about it, if Kop Holdings went into administration, the club will suffer a point deduction as like with Southampton, Kop Holding only has one source of revenue, the football club with it.

A clear precident has been set today.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1536 on: April 23, 2009, 09:42:58 pm »
It's a transaction that, in this case, changes the interest basis for a company.  In this case the underlying loan of Kop Football Holdings Limited has an interest charge of libor + 3.5%.  The master swaps means the company receives libor (not sure if it is libor flat) and pays a fixed rate of interest (approx 5%).  This means that the interest due on the Ł245m loan for Kop Football Holdings Limited is fixed for the duration of the loan.

Now it was this deal that was suggesting strongly to me that RBS were willing to have the loan extended to 2011, although on different terms.  To put in place a swap that goes beyond the underlying loan creates interest rate risk which the bank will not want to have (although it's gone for them these past 6 months).

cheers again ttnbd . . .

Offline LFCLife4Life

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1537 on: April 23, 2009, 09:47:07 pm »
I know we all want the good news that they have gone but if we know that an announcement 2moro was taken out of context, am i right to think theres no chance of this good news comin 2moro?
PS3 Id : Bowenarrow666, COD Legend

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #1538 on: April 23, 2009, 09:49:17 pm »
I dont think theres any 'could' about it, if Kop Holdings went into administration, the club will suffer a point deduction as like with Southampton, Kop Holding only has one source of revenue, the football club with it.

A clear precident has been set today.

didn't need to be set as the premier league rules clearly state that if either the club or parent company goes into administration then there is a points deduction.

He never walked alone

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #1539 on: April 23, 2009, 09:51:28 pm »
didn't need to be set as the premier league rules clearly state that if either the club or parent company goes into administration then there is a points deduction.

Are there different rules for the football league then I pressume, as otherwise Southampton didnt stand much of a chance with their argument.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline ttnbd

• Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #1540 on: April 23, 2009, 09:53:04 pm »
don't know, not looked at the football league.

He never walked alone

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1541 on: April 23, 2009, 09:56:12 pm »
the debt is 410 million pounds appx and that includes interest. these 2have other debts alongside that.

Either you've got some very surprising exclusive info there or that's the biggest load of bollocks I've heard in a long time. Can that possible be true?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: April 23, 2009, 09:58:20 pm »
I'm pretty sure if we had new owners taking over tomorrow the ticket price freeze announcement would have been delayed. No better PR for new owners to breeze in saying they wont be increasing prices.

Everything feels flat again after a couple of days worth of hope

Spot on mate, and by the smiley faces of the tumours on Tuesday it's just a matter of time before they announce the extension to the loan, happy fucking days.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: April 23, 2009, 10:10:29 pm »
End of the day, shankslegend and gedo came on here, after the arsenal game claiming some shit was going down. I wouldn't expect them to come on here and raise are hopes (again), if it was nothing (again).

I wish anyone in the know would infact not spurt shite (again) unless their not almost 100% it's not shite (again).

Because come tomorrow, nothing will happen, again.

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #1544 on: April 23, 2009, 10:10:37 pm »
Spot on mate, and by the smiley faces of the tumours on Tuesday it's just a matter of time before they announce the extension to the loan, happy fucking days.

Why would RBS agree to a refinance now, nearly three months before its due? why not wait to see how Hick's gets on with his next defaulted interest payment in the States {another $10mill should be due end of June} plus see if GG can get a buyer for his Hockey team.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: April 23, 2009, 10:15:31 pm »
End of the day, shankslegend and gedo came on here, after the arsenal game claiming some shit was going down. I wouldn't expect them to come on here and raise are hopes (again), if it was nothing (again).

I wish anyone in the know would infact not spurt shite (again) unless their not almost 100% it's not shite (again).

Read my posts,i haven't raised anyone's hopes.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #1546 on: April 23, 2009, 10:18:11 pm »
baring in mind the current owners struggling to renew and or sell......

would new buyers not be better going to the media, to show RBS the yanks can sell.... or would this give the yanks strength as a buyer increases the value?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: April 23, 2009, 10:18:18 pm »
Why would RBS agree to a refinance now, nearly three months before its due? why not wait to see how Hick's gets on with his next defaulted interest payment in the States {another $10mill should be due end of June} plus see if GG can get a buyer for his Hockey team.

They won't wait until the deadline to decide on the extension, it will be talked about in advance.
And as someone said earlier there is no way that the ticket freeze would have been announced now if there were new owners about to take over, they would have waited and announced it the day after the takeover, it's common sense that would have been a massive PR coup.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1548 on: April 23, 2009, 10:30:06 pm »
They won't wait until the deadline to decide on the extension, it will be talked about in advance.
And as someone said earlier there is no way that the ticket freeze would have been announced now if there were new owners about to take over, they would have waited and announced it the day after the takeover, it's common sense that would have been a massive PR coup.

I would of thought Any agreement with RBS / Wachovia to extend the loan would of been agreed a while back on certain proviso's IE : More personal Guarantee's , Investment etc etc . . .

It could be that whatever occured at the Arsenal game or prior to it had nothing to do with any of that and it was just a visit to the club they own.

Offline OneKop

• Kopite
« Reply #1549 on: April 23, 2009, 10:34:15 pm »

I don't expect them to wait till the last day to decide on the extension, but i would imagine that with it coming out about Hick's ALREADY defaulting in the States that RBS would be a little bit wary of lightning striking twice. Also for a guy {GG} looking to get rid of Liverpool as soon as possible, i can't understand why it would make him so happy just to get a extension on a loan for something he wants to get rid of.

As far as the ticket freeze being announced, well if i was RBS and had just had H&G trying to get me to give them an extension, and {probably} had to listen to all their PR about how good business was doing, the regular full houses, merchandise sales, sponsorship etc, etc, and all the thousands on the waiting list for tickets, then i would want to know WHY the fuck, with all these people wanting to get in the ground, are prices NOT going up.

There is NO way that these two fuckwits that can't stand each other, would be that chummy just over a refinance deal. These fuckers only smile at dollar signs.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:26 pm »
Read my posts,i haven't raised anyone's hopes.

yup, funny how things can seem out of context once it's recycled over 10 or so pages. You raised caution in your posts, true. And also Shankslegends info was brief. Something about, expect a big announcement reference to the future of the club. It could be good, bad, completely unrelated.... it could be nothing...

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1551 on: April 23, 2009, 10:37:40 pm »
yup, funny how things can seem out of context once it's recycled over 10 or so pages. You raised caution in your posts, true. And also Shankslegends info was brief. Something about, expect a big announcement reference to the future of the club. It could be good, bad, completely unrelated.... it could be nothing...
More than likely  it is nothing!

Offline lfctitch

• Legacy Fan
  • Titch
    • CS5 Design
« Reply #1552 on: April 23, 2009, 10:41:19 pm »

Bang out of order.

1. Gedo, Shanks post in good faith.
2. Something has/is going on
3. Calm the fuck down, it isn't the end of the world, its football.
   - People are losing jobs left right and centre, the real world, real people come before this. Lets not start on each other.

WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT, WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING! WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1553 on: April 23, 2009, 10:44:32 pm »
More than likely  it is nothing!

Gedo, have you had another chance to speak to the person who told you a deal has been done?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline fry

• or stew
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hoe Hoe Hoe
« Reply #1554 on: April 23, 2009, 10:48:41 pm »

I understand where you are coming from,  personally i would prefer a grain of hope from time to time rather than nothing.  If people are making stuff up its bang our of order but if people hear little snippits or are told in good faith something could be going on then id rather hear about it.  Yes things may not happen as suggested but at least its a glimmer of something rather than nothing. 
Disclaimer: The above post may not be based on facts even if stated as fact.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: April 23, 2009, 10:56:18 pm »
I don't expect them to wait till the last day to decide on the extension, but i would imagine that with it coming out about Hick's ALREADY defaulting in the States that RBS would be a little bit wary of lightning striking twice. Also for a guy {GG} looking to get rid of Liverpool as soon as possible, i can't understand why it would make him so happy just to get a extension on a loan for something he wants to get rid of.

As far as the ticket freeze being announced, well if i was RBS and had just had H&G trying to get me to give them an extension, and {probably} had to listen to all their PR about how good business was doing, the regular full houses, merchandise sales, sponsorship etc, etc, and all the thousands on the waiting list for tickets, then i would want to know WHY the fuck, with all these people wanting to get in the ground, are prices NOT going up.

There is NO way that these two fuckwits that can't stand each other, would be that chummy just over a refinance deal. These fuckers only smile at dollar signs.

Possibly had some good news from their efforts at getting buyers for their US franchises, that would allow them to concentrate on us, the main flagship of all their assets. Or possibly had some news about minority investors which would allow them to build the stadium.

Offline Kopstar30

• Main Stander
  • Kenny will bring back the glory days
« Reply #1556 on: April 23, 2009, 10:56:23 pm »
King Kenny may be appointed tomorrow if ever there is an announcement.

I feel that in the next 6-8 weeks we may find out what the final position of LFC will be in terms of ownership.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: April 23, 2009, 10:59:11 pm »
Gedo, have you had another chance to speak to the person who told you a deal has been done?
Like i said Tuesday night,i didn't doubt my mates call.

Hicks and Gillett deliberately leak duff info!!!

Have you ever seen anything so Stage managed as Tuesday night when the Owners,Moores and Parry all sat together.it's a long time since that happened.
I think it was all to show unity,who for,i don't know.

The thing i think it might be (and I've nothing to back it up) it MIGHT be something about Kenny!

Who said there's a announcement tomorrow anyway?

Offline Kopstar30

• Main Stander
  • Kenny will bring back the glory days
« Reply #1558 on: April 23, 2009, 11:04:39 pm »
There is no signs from any journo/newspapers ringing alarm bells on this subject and whether there is an official announcement planned for tomorrow at LFC.

I think the only announcement tomorrow will be from whiskey nose giving it large again and saying that Manure is better than us

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: April 23, 2009, 11:08:55 pm »
Like i said Tuesday night,i didn't doubt my mates call.

Hicks and Gillett deliberately leak duff info!!!

Have you ever seen anything so Stage managed as Tuesday night when the Owners,Moores and Parry all sat together.it's a long time since that happened.
I think it was all to show unity,who for,i don't know.

The thing i think it might be (and I've nothing to back it up) it MIGHT be something about Kenny!

Who said there's a announcement tomorrow anyway?

Thanks Gedo, I appreciate the info like most people on these threads. I agree the 4 people all sat together is significant, but for what reason we can only guess. I won't be expecting any amazing announcements tomorrow either.
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg