Author Topic: It's just a battle for the order of the first 4 spots now between 5 teams...  (Read 557033 times)

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Is it just a battle for 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st spot with 4 other teams now?
« Reply #3160 on: February 26, 2014, 04:34:04 pm »
If if if  we could play out of our skins and win say 9 out of 11 the league would be ours..now  who knows how the other clubs will  fare next season maybe this could be our best chance...still look back to 96/97 as a real chance missed...

unless of course one of the teams above us wins 9 out of 11
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #3161 on: February 26, 2014, 06:52:47 pm »
All I know is that this looks very sexy indeed.

If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3162 on: February 26, 2014, 11:46:10 pm »
Just out of interest, how many people posting 'it's on', 'believe', 'it's ours to lose' etc etc...have actually seen us win the title?

Yep. However many it was from 1977, without checking.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
  • "وقدم ليفربول بالنسبة لي وقدم الأول لليفر
« Reply #3163 on: February 26, 2014, 11:49:25 pm »

Aye but WHU, Crystal Palce and Sunderland ahead of Utd :)

Nice to see Everton dropping off too.
"Ливерпуль игроки должны играть, как лев, дать его все. Там должно быть определение, приверженность и решимость быть игроком Ливерпуля".

"Так Роджер Хант пропустив кілька, але він потрапляє в потрібне місце, щоб пропустити їх." ~ Білл Шенклі з репортером

Maestro di lingue, conquistatore del mondo.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3164 on: February 26, 2014, 11:54:48 pm »
unless of course one of the teams above us wins 9 out of 11

City and Chelsea have to play us; both play Arsenal. If we win ours, and Arsenal get draws, we're a point ahead of all 3. Then it's just the best against the rest.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3165 on: February 27, 2014, 12:04:03 am »

Offline Rimsky

• Main Stander
  • "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" <whistle>
« Reply #3166 on: February 27, 2014, 12:07:03 am »

We were in first place at Chrimbo and have been the best team since New Years.  Damn those 2-1 losses vs. City and Chelsea in the Christmas week!

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: February 27, 2014, 03:11:53 am »
Can you let me in on the joke :)

Belieze people BELIEZE!!!
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #3168 on: February 27, 2014, 03:31:56 am »
We were in first place at Chrimbo and have been the best team since New Years.  Damn those 2-1 losses vs. City and Chelsea in the Christmas week!

If Kolo hadn't had the most epic brainfart in history, we'd be 2 fucking points off the top.  :(
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline ScouserBrad21

• Kopite
  • Everton are a small club
« Reply #3169 on: February 27, 2014, 03:42:39 am »
If Kolo hadn't had the most epic brainfart in history, we'd be 2 fucking points off the top.  :(

How about the refereeing decisions at Everton, Chelsea and Man City?  Not to mention getting best by to Southampton and Hull...

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3170 on: February 27, 2014, 03:59:23 am »
I wasn't really getting at transfers more the doors that 4th will open with regards to wage offers & transfer fees but yeah lets steer away from transfers!

Fourth opens fuck all until we win the qualifier :)
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3171 on: February 27, 2014, 03:59:59 am »
I felt this way, but what about Mignolet's penalty save against Stoke? It goes both ways.

I'm more frustrated at the reffing against Chelsea and Man City away than I am at Toure.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:01:50 am by Hij »

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3172 on: February 27, 2014, 04:06:30 am »
I felt this way, what about Mignolet's penalty save against Stoke?

Say what you want about Mignolet (I like him, personally, and think that he'll grow into being at a big club and develop a more commanding presence on the pitch) - if this season winds up being successful, that's the first moment that'll pop into my head. It set the tone for the whole season, and laid down a seriously powerful "things are different now" gauntlet. Kolo's error might have lost us 2 points, but who knows how many we gained thanks to the psychological boost that save gave us?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #3173 on: February 27, 2014, 04:08:45 am »
Say what you want about Mignolet (I like him, personally, and think that he'll grow into being at a big club and develop a more commanding presence on the pitch) - if this season winds up being successful, that's the first moment that'll pop into my head. It set the tone for the whole season, and laid down a seriously powerful "things are different now" gauntlet. Kolo's error might have lost us 2 points, but who knows how many we gained thanks to the psychological boost that save gave us?

Exactly what I'm trying to say. I can forgive Toure, like I can laud Mignolet. What gets me is the reffing against Man City and Chelsea. We deserved at least a point out of one of those, and a point takes 2 points off one of them.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #3174 on: February 27, 2014, 09:22:07 am »
26 goals in 2 months fuck me

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3175 on: February 27, 2014, 09:24:52 am »
26 goals in 2 months fuck me

I wonder how many that is in 3 months given December saw Suarez alone score 10 I think!

Just out of interest, how many people posting 'it's on', 'believe', 'it's ours to lose' etc etc...have actually seen us win the title?

I was in the ground when we beat QPR in 1990. Booyah!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #3176 on: February 27, 2014, 09:27:55 am »
I wasn't, honest

;)

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #3177 on: February 27, 2014, 09:32:30 am »
I wonder how many that is in 3 months given December saw Suarez alone score 10 I think!

My mum came to ground that night because my dad had forgot the house keys and she was going out to work, she went to reception in the main stand , they organised at annoy call for my dad to meet her in front of the Kop goal and they walked her round the pitch , past Kenny in the dugout I may add , to give my dad the house keys ! True fucking story that ! And they let her stay for a bit to watch the game ......how times have changed !

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3178 on: February 27, 2014, 09:59:20 am »
Hopefully we come out strong and score the first goal against Southampton, that would really help us out. Strangely, I think we are much better at controlling the game without the ball compared to earlier in the season where teams like Southampton and Arsenal would cause us problems.

Just worried that Moyes may rest his star players against us (Rio, Valencia, Young) in favour of the CL game resulting in them playing different to their normal game against us. They are much stronger when they don't follow his tactical instructions of wing play.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3179 on: February 27, 2014, 11:10:06 am »
My mum came to ground that night because my dad had forgot the house keys and she was going out to work, she went to reception in the main stand , they organised at annoy call for my dad to meet her in front of the Kop goal and they walked her round the pitch , past Kenny in the dugout I may add , to give my dad the house keys ! True fucking story that ! And they let her stay for a bit to watch the game ......how times have changed !

Night? Sounds like the Derby game where we got the trophy?

I wasn't, honest

;)

Haha I'm sure you hurled a coin at me from the Away end.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #3180 on: February 27, 2014, 11:13:44 am »
Night? Sounds like the Derby game where we got the trophy?

Haha I'm sure you hurled a coin at me from the Away end.

It was , the midweek match ! Your memory is much appreciated

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3181 on: February 27, 2014, 11:17:45 am »

I was 12 last time we won it, but I do remember it (vaguely).  Wasn't at the ground though, like some of these other lucky peeps.

I also don't think it's ours to lose as simple maths suggest it isn't.  It's Man City's to lose.  Based on games left to play it's Chelsea's to lose.

We're the outsiders and I like that.  We have a chance. It's a better chance than we've had since 2009.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #3182 on: February 27, 2014, 12:04:01 pm »
Let's face it , it's one hell of an ask to win the league. It's possible but very difficult. The pressure on the players if the head into April would be massive , especially considering that bar Gerrard, none of them has the experience of winning a massive trophy ( I know toure does but not sure he will be first choice at that point ) . Personally I am not expecting it , I can dream and I do but get champions league place ( 3rd or above x) would be great , fourth would obviously mean that we have a nervous qualifier . Tomorrow is a tough game , the world won't be caving in should we fail to win but if we do win , it's one of a statement because I think it's one of the fixtures our rivals are counting on us dropping points in .

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #3183 on: February 27, 2014, 12:13:58 pm »
Let's face it , it's one hell of an ask to win the league. It's possible but very difficult. The pressure on the players if the head into April would be massive , especially considering that bar Gerrard, none of them has the experience of winning a massive trophy ( I know toure does but not sure he will be first choice at that point ) . Personally I am not expecting it , I can dream and I do but get champions league place ( 3rd or above x) would be great , fourth would obviously mean that we have a nervous qualifier . Tomorrow is a tough game , the world won't be caving in should we fail to win but if we do win , it's one of a statement because I think it's one of the fixtures our rivals are counting on us dropping points in .
Cissokho Portuguese league, Sakho French league, Lucas Brasilian league, Sturridge English league and European Cup (albeit peripherally), Suarez Dutch league/ Copa America and obviously Gerrard's won most things. A few big trophies in there, albeit most perhaps not absolutely massive.

Hunger might be at least as important as experience. I would suggest Mourinho's first league win with Chelsea was more about up and coming players who were desparate to win the title than a load of experienced "been there done thats", as was Fergusons first with United.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:19:31 pm by Red number seven »
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #3184 on: February 27, 2014, 12:49:27 pm »
Cissokho Portuguese league, Sakho French league, Lucas Brasilian league, Sturridge English league and European Cup (albeit peripherally), Suarez Dutch league/ Copa America and obviously Gerrard's won most things. A few big trophies in there, albeit most perhaps not absolutely massive.

Hunger might be at least as important as experience. I would suggest Mourinho's first league win with Chelsea was more about up and coming players who were desparate to win the title than a load of experienced "been there done thats", as was Fergusons first with United.

I understand what you're saying but with all due respect , I think the expectations of most other clubs , fans and media would not be comparable as to what they would experience should Liverpool be in with a genuine shout come April. Their experience may well have some bearing on how they handle it , and I hope it does but I think the Liverpool experience may be a slightly more intense one. Either way , let's just hope that come April, we are as close as we dream we will be .

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3185 on: February 27, 2014, 01:07:11 pm »
I wasn't, honest

;)

In your blue and white hooped shirt ;D

Offline l12ngo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3186 on: February 27, 2014, 01:20:22 pm »

There may be a bit of that before a match but once they're on the pitch, the last thing a player will be thinking of is the run in, goal difference, away fixtures etc. If it came down to a penalty in the last minute to win the league, then yeah, I can see why someone would be bricking it but generally the players will be focused on the game. The experience of shutting out games is one thing Rafa got the players doing well, for the most part, but currently we're playing more like Roy Evan's side and I'd hope they wouldn't start trying to dick around at 1-0 because they're not suited atm to do that. When our full defence is back then maybe we'll tighten up but for now I'd hope they continue with what they've been doing all season. I'm confident that when Suarez scores again, we'll see him revert to banging them in regularly so there's more to come there (though he's doing a fine job with his assists and overall play as it is).

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #3187 on: February 27, 2014, 01:20:34 pm »
Sky are really milking this title race - http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11706/9187156/

A few triple headers in April

Offline goalspaytherent

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #3188 on: February 27, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »
Mostly playing on Sunday here on in .....there goes mass for me   ;)

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3189 on: February 27, 2014, 01:38:54 pm »
It was , the midweek match ! Your memory is much appreciated

No problem. Was just looking for something else and stumbled across this. I reckon I'm in this photo, nestled somewhere between Ronny Rosenthal and Barry Venison (oo-er)..

Offline goalspaytherent

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #3190 on: February 27, 2014, 01:55:31 pm »
No problem. Was just looking for something else and stumbled across this. I reckon I'm in this photo, nestled somewhere between Ronny Rosenthal and Barry Venison (oo-er)..

Fuck me I feel old .....

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #3191 on: February 27, 2014, 02:14:07 pm »

Also, Johnson won the league with Chelsea, and Toure was part of the Invincibles team of 2004, and was part of the City team that won the dramatic last-day title (an experience which could be vital for our lot, in terms of guiding the younger players). We have a lot of guidance on board for the younger players. And let's not forget the guidance Rodgers will have access to with Kenny.

If we do this, it will be because a lot of positive factors surround the club and the players that make it possible. Nobody is going into this with their eyes closed.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #3192 on: February 27, 2014, 02:25:43 pm »
I understand what you're saying but with all due respect , I think the expectations of most other clubs , fans and media would not be comparable as to what they would experience should Liverpool be in with a genuine shout come April. Their experience may well have some bearing on how they handle it , and I hope it does but I think the Liverpool experience may be a slightly more intense one. Either way , let's just hope that come April, we are as close as we dream we will be .
I get that, although the other sides have their own pressures - City and Chelsea are expected to compete based on spend, and their expectation coming into the season was massive however much Mourinho plays it down, Arsenal have won nothing for almost a decade and are continually pronouncing their "big rich club" status. We are really the interlopers and if we weren't called "LiverpooL" there would be no pressure at all. 4th would represent an incredible season for us, so we should be able to use that to reduce the pressure.

There is also the possibility that a whiff of the league might work the other way at Anfield in a way that it won't at any of the other grounds. IE instead of the support being edgy as fuck the way they definitely will be at the Etihad, Emirates and the Aeroflot stadia, we might start producing the kind of terrifying atmosphere that partially did for Chelsea in the 2005 semi - if that happens, anything is possible.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 02:27:36 pm by Red number seven »
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: February 27, 2014, 02:27:59 pm »
Hmm looking at that fixture list, it wouldnt be the worst thing if Chelsea get to the semifinals (and get knocked out then) as the will play us two days before the semifinal match (the game will probably be moved back to Saturday in that case).

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3194 on: February 27, 2014, 02:45:42 pm »
Nice, Sky have been generous to us. Gives us full rest between games.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3195 on: February 27, 2014, 02:46:19 pm »
Predictions mean nothing. We can predict all we want, but what if at least one of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and ourselves drop points in the weekend, which is possible. What will happen to all the predictions then?
We start over again ;D

People are just dreaming that's all. Let them.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: February 27, 2014, 02:58:15 pm »

Trophy was so much nicer back then.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3197 on: February 27, 2014, 07:59:10 pm »

Bring Candy back!

Or Crown Paints.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3198 on: February 27, 2014, 10:19:25 pm »
That Liverpool Chelsea fixture in April! Wow, really the atmosphere should strip paint off walls if both teams are in the title race. I would want Hazard and Willan to melt with fear!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #3199 on: February 28, 2014, 12:14:37 am »
Spurs win today was massive for us. With United 11 pts behind and Spurs about to have a real tough two legs against Benfica (must play best players like today) we seem safer in 4th. United isn't winning the CL either almost guaranteed. That'll be some pressure off the lads and they can look up above only.
Nice.