Author Topic: It's just a battle for the order of the first 4 spots now between 5 teams...  (Read 557092 times)

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Realistically, is it just a battle for 4th spot with 2 other teams now?
« Reply #1520 on: February 12, 2014, 10:00:09 pm »
After 70 minutes, it looked like we were just in a fight for fourth.

Now we're just 4 points off the top and back in the title race.

Just shows how up in the air things still are at the moment.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1521 on: February 12, 2014, 10:00:27 pm »
Well it just got a lot more interesting.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1522 on: February 12, 2014, 10:01:16 pm »
This football club is going to kill me one day.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline MTred406

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1523 on: February 12, 2014, 10:11:21 pm »
Exciting stuff today, we really needed a win and got it.

We should be able to pull away from Spurs in March they have a brutal stretch:

March 8th- Chelsea Away
March 16th- Arsenal Home
March 23rd- Southampton Home
March 30th- LFC at Anfield

I'm guessing we will have an opportunity to land a knockout blow on the 30th and take some of the pressure off of us for 4th so we can have a real go at first.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1524 on: February 12, 2014, 10:13:37 pm »
It's fucking on!

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: February 12, 2014, 10:14:33 pm »
Man Utd 0-0 Arsenal was a great result for us too. We're now only 3 points behind the Gunners so hopefully we can continue to make up a bit of ground on all three of the teams above us.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: February 12, 2014, 10:16:14 pm »
Favourite subject again?

This thread is about Spurs as well if you read the title. We are 4 away from Spurs just as we are 4 away from Chelsea. It's 5 teams in a battle for the top 4 spaces.

We should really be winning the league this season just as I have been saying all along though.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1527 on: February 12, 2014, 10:17:41 pm »
This thread is about Spurs as well if you read the title. We are 4 away from Spurs just as we are 4 away from Chelsea. It's 5 teams in a battle for the top 4 spaces.

We should really be winning the league this season just as I have been saying all along though.
A couple of minutes after the end of our game and your blabbering about Spurs.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1528 on: February 12, 2014, 10:18:05 pm »
The Fulham game will be the juncture at which I truly decide for myself if we've properly got this fight to the death in us. Anything less than 3 points from the worst form team in the league, and that will crush all my hope right into a tiny scrunched up polystyrene ball. A convincing, efficient win though, and that's a potentially awkward job well done, bit of momentum starting again. Game by game it has to be, and bring some fresh keks.
^ This still applies for me, after tonight's round of fixtures I'll make my mind up. A dozen games left, the teams both above and directly below us not exactly flying... if we can cut out the silly little mistakes, keep murdering the possessive sides on the counter, but also break down the park-the-bus teams and neutralise their quick counters ourselves, world's our lobster.
Well, we got the 3 points. Convincing? Efficient? Fuck no.

Plenty of fight and resolve in us though, evidently. Imagine those qualities on show WITHOUT all the fucking assclownery at the back! :P
"under-promise and over-deliver"

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: February 12, 2014, 10:19:47 pm »
A couple of minutes after the end of our game and your blabbering about Spurs.

This thread is about us and our competition for 4th. Go enjoy the win. We are going to win the league this season and all you can do is follow me around.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1530 on: February 12, 2014, 10:20:52 pm »
Go enjoy the win. We are going to win the league this season and all you can do is follow me around.
Like a fly attracted to shite.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: February 12, 2014, 10:26:05 pm »
Where the fuck have Spurs come from. Havent really seen them in any game since we smashed them, but curious to know what it is they are doing well

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1532 on: February 12, 2014, 10:26:56 pm »

nah....you brought too many players in with the Bale money.....there was no way they'd all settle in in their first season
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #1533 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:06 pm »
Where the fuck have Spurs come from. Havent really seen them in any game since we smashed them, but curious to know what it is they are doing well

Adebayor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:38 pm »
Like a fly attracted to shite.

I am not the only poster in this thread talking about Spurs, yet you choose to abuse me. What shite would this be? I was saying Spurs would be challenging us months ago and you laughed, and they are still plugging away at. I was right. Most importantly of all, wasn't it you that laughed at the idea of LFC challenging for the title when I said it a few months ago, and guess who was right again.

Look, we all get things wrong. No need to abuse the posters who get it right. Get behind your own team instead of abusing me and writing off our title hopes.

nah....you brought too many players in with the Bale money.....there was no way they'd all settle in in their first season

Look what we have here. Another one who wrote of our title hopes weeks ago with your constant negativity. Take a long hard look at yourself.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:33:49 pm by LFC_when_it_suits »

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: February 12, 2014, 10:34:07 pm »
I'm going to try and set a RAWK record.  How many threads can I post....

"FUCKING HELL  I'M COMPLETELY FUCKED  BUT WE ARE STILL IN THIS RACE BUT I'M FUCKED AND HOW CAN I SURVIVE ANOTHER 12 GAMES LIKE THIS"

before I get banned.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1536 on: February 12, 2014, 10:34:19 pm »
You have to remember that Spurs are only 3 points behind us yes, but we're also closer to the top 3. So, realistically any of the top 3 could also fall out of the top 4 if they have a set of bad results.
YWNA

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: February 12, 2014, 10:35:16 pm »
Out of the top five the ones who I think may fall away are arsenal , confidence ebbing away and a real hard run of fixtures coming up

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: February 12, 2014, 10:35:35 pm »
You have to remember that Spurs are only 3 points behind us yes, but we're also closer to the top 3. So, realistically any of the top 3 could also fall out of the top 4 if they have a set of bad results.

Thing is, Agger & Johnson being back now and Lucas, Sakho and Enrique being back at the end of the month is a BIG boost for us.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1539 on: February 12, 2014, 10:36:28 pm »
I am not the only poster in this thread talking about Spurs, yet you choose to abuse me. What shite would this be? I was saying Spurs would be challenging us months ago and you laughed, and they are still plugging away at. I was right. Most importantly of all, wasn't it you that laughed at the idea of LFC challenging for the title when I said it a few months ago, and guess who was right again.

Look, we all get things wrong. No need to abuse the posters who get it right. Get behind your own team instead of abusing me and writing off our title hopes.
Didn't you also say we're a better team without Suarez and Gerrard is past it? I wouldn't be shouting my mouth of about being right if I was you.

And no I don't think I did write us off for the title.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: February 12, 2014, 10:37:39 pm »
With better defence we would be up at the summit now.....conceeded goals home 9 away 23
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1541 on: February 12, 2014, 10:37:46 pm »
Out of the top five the ones who I think may fall away are arsenal , confidence ebbing away and a real hard run of fixtures coming up
They looked so poor tonight it was hard to tell who was Arsenal and who was United. They had both settled for the draw before the game had kicked off.

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #1542 on: February 12, 2014, 10:39:33 pm »
March is massive for spurs with them playing Chelsea, arsenal, Southampton and ourselves. Plus hopefully a few European games!

Hopefully we'll see us pull away a little and take the pressure off us before we play them. Wither way, expect us to wipe the floor with them.

Great win there
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: February 12, 2014, 10:39:45 pm »
Didn't you also say we're a better team without Suarez and Gerrard is past it? I wouldn't be shouting my mouth of about being right if I was you.

And no I don't think I did write us off for the title.

Pretty sure it was you who was abusing me when I said we should be winning the league this season and that Spurs were actually doing better without Bale. Everyone gets things right and wrong from time to time (myself including). No need to follow me around and abuse me at every chance you get. This thread is about us and Spurs and Everton. So I don't know why you are pulling me up for talking about Spurs in this thread.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:41:43 pm by LFC_when_it_suits »

Offline fizzyp

• Kopite
  • those were the days my friend.
« Reply #1544 on: February 12, 2014, 10:39:56 pm »
We need to cut out these defensive mistakes, if we can do that.....well the skys the limit.

Need to get 1st choice defenders fit and in the team to still be in the mix is great but as you say need to stop making mistakes
The Boss is fucking boss!

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: February 12, 2014, 10:40:29 pm »
Could we..?

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: February 12, 2014, 10:41:02 pm »

Look what we have here. Another one who wrote of our title hopes weeks ago with your constant negativity. Take a long hard look at yourself.

You're pretty quick to point out when you're right, but there's a fucking catalogue of threads you stank out waiting for you to go eat humble pie, so hop to it lad.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1547 on: February 12, 2014, 10:43:42 pm »
Come on guys, a result like this should have us all linking arms and singing manly songs of the good times, not squabbling like little kids.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1548 on: February 12, 2014, 10:46:12 pm »
Come on guys, a result like this should have us all linking arms and singing manly songs of the good times, not squabbling like little kids.

You are right. I am done with it. We have a great chance of winning the league and I think we will do it. Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all have Europe. We have Spurs, City and Chelsea to come at home and our injured players are returning. By April, I expect us to be closing in on the title.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1549 on: February 12, 2014, 10:51:12 pm »
Pretty sure it was you who was abusing me when I said we should be winning the league this season and that Spurs were actually doing better without Bale. Everyone gets things right and wrong from time to time (myself including). No need to follow me around and abuse me at every chance you get. This thread is about us and Spurs and Everton. So I don't know why you are pulling me up for talking about Spurs in this thread.
Which one is it, challenging for the league or winning it as you're saying saying different things.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: February 12, 2014, 10:54:34 pm »
Today's win gave me a lot more confidence in our title aspirations (if not necessarily confidence in us winning the title, per se) than the Arsenal match did. Nine times out of ten in the last few seasons, we'd have come away from Fulham with nothing. But things really do feel like they're turning around.

I still don't think we'll win the title - our squad is too thin and our defense is too suspect - but we've got an honest chance at it, and at this point I'll be genuinely disappointed if we don't make the CL. It's a damned good feeling.

Offline Halcyon Lissome

• Scallion Homeys, Miscellany Shoo or Nicholas Mosely?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • “We murdered them 0-0.”
« Reply #1551 on: February 12, 2014, 10:55:46 pm »
You are right. I am done with it. We have a great chance of winning the league and I think we will do it. Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all have Europe. We have Spurs, City and Chelsea to come at home and our injured players are returning. By April, I expect us to be closing in on the title.

It's amazing how we're going to win the league with such a shyte midfield and defence, aye?  ::)
★              ★              ★              ★              ★
The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: February 12, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »
Could we..?

YES.

But by fuck its going to cost all of us big health issues for the next 12 games...

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1553 on: February 12, 2014, 10:58:12 pm »
YES.

But by fuck its going to cost all of us big health issues for the next 12 games...

... & by fuck itll be worth every health issue we endure.
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: February 12, 2014, 10:58:43 pm »
Today's win gave me a lot more confidence in our title aspirations (if not necessarily confidence in us winning the title, per se) than the Arsenal match did. Nine times out of ten in the last few seasons, we'd have come away from Fulham with nothing. But things really do feel like they're turning around.

I still don't think we'll win the title - our squad is too thin and our defense is too suspect - but we've got an honest chance at it, and at this point I'll be genuinely disappointed if we don't make the CL. It's a damned good feeling.

We have got this far playing with our 2nd choice back 4 for weeks now. That speaks volumes about the depth of our squad.We have more than a strong enough squad to win the title this season.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: February 12, 2014, 10:59:05 pm »
If anything that last 6 easy games for spurs might not be so easy after all if  all of those teams are still battling relegation

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1556 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:26 pm »
If we look at the remaining fixtures in comparison to Spurs (I'm not saying Everton are out of the race).

Spurs:
Norwich A
Cardiff H
Chelsea A
Arsenal H
Southampton H
Liverpool A
Sunderland H
WBA A
Fulham H
Stoke A
West Ham A
Aston Villa H

Liverpool:
Swansea H
Soton A
Sunderland H
Man United A
Cardiff A
Tottenham H
West Ham A
Man City H
Norwich A
Chelsea H
Crystal Palace A
Newcastle H

We have two, what should be tough, away fixtures in Southampton and United. We also have 2 very tough home fixture when Chelsea and City visit, there is also the game against Spurs at home which will be very important. Spurs in comparison have 4 difficult away matches in West Brom, Stoke, Liverpool and Chelsea and a derby game at home to Arsenal. If we beat them at Anfield, we should get 4th place.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #1557 on: February 12, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »
So is it on or not  :-X
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: February 12, 2014, 11:02:31 pm »
I know we have a big cup game this weekend, but after this game I'm actually pretty annoyed we have to wait 10 days before we play in the league again!

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: February 12, 2014, 11:02:33 pm »
Got to assume all of them games are going to be tough, and the possibility for dropping points in all of them is there.

What is tough for us, will also be tough for all the other title challenging teams