Author Topic: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches  (Read 351218 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: Will Kenny or Comoli be scouting any players at the international matches
« Reply #2640 on: April 12, 2011, 06:18:49 am »
I think being realistic:
Dzsudzsák -----> Jovanovic
Enrique ---------> Konchesky
Cahill ------------> Skrtel 
Adam ------------> Cole
M'Vila ------------> Aquilani 
Young -----------> Maxi
Stekelenberg --> Reina (If he desperately wants to go)

I think that'd do a good job of balancing out the squad without a huge outlay in the transfer market. Perhaps none of them are world class but all certainly add something to the squad. Given contract situations I think we'd have a fair chance of getting them all for under 30m (after player sales).

That really doesn't improve us very much for 30mil. It'll be the same story as the last fifteen years, a group of OK players without any spark bar the occasional Gerrard/Suarez moment. Need at least one more game changer at the very least.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline GinuWhine

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2641 on: April 12, 2011, 06:19:31 am »
I saw some people talking about Mata (Valencia) some pages back, but nobody mentioned if we were linked with him... was he?

Does it Mata?

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2642 on: April 12, 2011, 06:29:34 am »
That really doesn't improve us very much for 30mil. It'll be the same story as the last fifteen years, a group of OK players without any spark bar the occasional Gerrard/Suarez moment. Need at least one more game changer at the very least.

I'd class Young as a game changer from that group. Would be delighted to get him, think he's just stagnated a bit at Villa but would fit well in here. Also M'Vila is one of the best young midfielders around.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #2644 on: April 12, 2011, 07:17:51 am »
I'd class Young as a game changer from that group. Would be delighted to get him, think he's just stagnated a bit at Villa but would fit well in here. Also M'Vila is one of the best young midfielders around.

Ashley Young, game changer, really ?

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2645 on: April 12, 2011, 07:42:55 am »
Ashley Young, game changer, really ?

Well I know that not everyone rates him but he's top class player in my opinion.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2646 on: April 12, 2011, 07:48:31 am »
I saw some people talking about Mata (Valencia) some pages back, but nobody mentioned if we were linked with him... was he?

Not that I know of. I was saying he would be a player I'd want at Liverpool.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #2647 on: April 12, 2011, 08:03:17 am »
Not that I know of. I was saying he would be a player I'd want at Liverpool.

Oh, got it... I'd want too btw.

Speaking of La Liga, isn't Forlan wanting to leave AM? Why don't we get him? Would be a great option on the bench.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: April 12, 2011, 08:12:12 am »
Oh, got it... I'd want too btw.

Speaking of La Liga, isn't Forlan wanting to leave AM? Why don't we get him? Would be a great option on the bench.

At his age I would rather stay in Spain to be honest. Not sure he would do that well coming back to the PL.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: April 12, 2011, 08:17:47 am »
Desperately need a class winger. It's been a problem for a decade now.  :butt
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: April 12, 2011, 08:20:09 am »
I think being realistic:
Adam ------------> Cole
Young -----------> Maxi

I think that'd do a good job of balancing out the squad without a huge outlay in the transfer market. Perhaps none of them are world class but all certainly add something to the squad. Given contract situations I think we'd have a fair chance of getting them all for under 30m (after player sales).

Best realistic transfer post yet.

What you talking about mate. The list that Dan put is a good realistic one. We're not Chelsea/City and we won't sign a team of world class players for every position.

As for a game changer - what is that? Kuyt was a game changer(scoing the second) yesterday and so was Raul with the perfect ball for Carroll.

When a player is in the team or come off the bench it's up to them to produce and if they produce up to high standards they have enough quality to change the game.

Young, Adam, Cahill, Dzsudzsák, M'Vila, Enrique can all change a game.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 08:57:13 am by Fordy »

Offline greenstien

• Bring out your stools.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do or do not, there is no try
« Reply #2651 on: April 12, 2011, 08:20:26 am »
36 Games, 8 Goals and 15 Assists.  Good stats.
Not sure how reliable this is but I have rea that Mata's buy out clause is meant to be €60 million but he also has a clause to say:

"that any offer made by any club for Juan Mata must be discussed between the player, his agent, and the club, without a transfer fee being agreed between the two teams first, which is how transfers usually work."

To give a hypothetical example: A club can come in and offer Mata double his wages (€3.2 million net), and not offer VCF a transfer fee. Mata and his agent can then go to VCF and demand that those wages offered by the new club be met, and if they are not, then Valencia would be required to sell Mata, even if the transfer fee offered, and eventually agreed upon, is below the winger's market value.

Offers can be made to the club itself, or to Mata's agent directly, and then brought to the club.

Yet again, I am not sure about the reliability.

http://loco4losche.com/blogweb/index.php?/archives/295-New-contract-for-Juan-Mata-is-near,-though-it-includes-a-weird-clause.html
Shelvey will become top class, mark my words... Infact quote me on that.

Offline bakstabba

• Lord, what fools these mortals be!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: April 12, 2011, 08:37:56 am »
Highly doubt this thread's new soup of the day in Mata will come to England. Realistically, as DanA elucidated, we'll be replacing players who simply aren't good enough with smart buys that will add to the strength and depth of our squad. It'll hopefully also address the structural imbalances in our squad in terms of age, experience, type of player, roles they can play etc, something which can be see in the CM and CB positions
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #2653 on: April 12, 2011, 08:49:20 am »
Desperately need a class winger. It's been a problem for a decade now.  :butt

Yes. I'm dying to know which will be the first winger we will buy (I'd like to see a pre-agreement). I hope it's Sanchez (then in second would be Dzsudzsak)

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #2654 on: April 12, 2011, 08:55:59 am »
Well I know that not everyone rates him but he's top class player in my opinion.

i think upper middle class is more apt.

Offline Left_Egg

• Main Stander
« Reply #2655 on: April 12, 2011, 08:59:31 am »
I'd prefer to spend big on a few players than get a load of average/might be good in again.  Look at Carroll/Suarez for examples.  Especially with Kenny keen to push through the youth more (and the general thought is the academy is finally producing).

M'Vila won't move to us without champions league, and even if we somehow got that I've read Real Madrid and Man United are in for him

Adam is shit and I don't see how he would replace Joe Cole (a winger?)
"Whatever I say doesn't matter, though. What counts for something is every Saturday afternoon, or Sunday or Monday, that 90 minutes. We've got 12 times 95 minutes – I don't know how many minutes that is, but every one is going to count."  - Hodgson Feb 2011

http://feeds.guardian.co.uk/~r/theguardian/football/rss/~3/zh6Tqz4zuXs/roy-hodgson-west-brom-l

Offline bakstabba

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2656 on: April 12, 2011, 09:02:08 am »
i think upper middle class is more apt.

Bourgeousie?
Socrates did have a habit of polarising opinion, as does Lucas. Lucas is also good at hemming opponents in and locking them into difficult situations.

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #2657 on: April 12, 2011, 09:02:57 am »
I think we will buy this summer

1 potential world class (LW) [like/of the same quality as Suarez]
2 great players (CM, LB) [like/of the same quality as Aquilani, and a young Aurelio]
2 good squad back ups (RW/LW, CB) [like/of the same quality as Benayoun, or Skrtel]

And if Pepe leaves

1 good keeper [like Dudek/Cavalieri]

Offline bakstabba

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2658 on: April 12, 2011, 09:10:10 am »
Bring Jerzy Dudek back! :P

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: April 12, 2011, 09:54:19 am »
Baines         
Liores         
Cahill           
M'villa           
Young
lukaku
lucas

That would be a boss summer.
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: April 12, 2011, 09:55:42 am »
after tonight i can say we need definetly a great Left Back, just Aurelio presence tonight proved how much we need someone like him, but a less injury prone one...

I agree with, of course, but I think that was more conclusively proven in games where we haven't played with fullbacks. I was delighted when I came in tonight and saw that Flanagan had started. I knew he was up to it, plus he had Carra and Kuyt giving him a hand and it meant we had actual full backs playing the full back positions. Aurelio we all know is a class player but he's also a glass player and we need someone we can rely on for the next few seasons.

I honestly think we need to buy two leftbacks this summer, or at least commit to playing Jack Robinson as part of the first team squad, assuming Aurelio is gone at the end of the season. [Was it a one or two year deal we gave him?]

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: April 12, 2011, 10:12:52 am »
I'd prefer to spend big on a few players than get a load of average/might be good in again.  Look at Carroll/Suarez for examples.  Especially with Kenny keen to push through the youth more (and the general thought is the academy is finally producing).

M'Vila won't move to us without champions league, and even if we somehow got that I've read Real Madrid and Man United are in for him

Adam is shit and I don't see how he would replace Joe Cole (a winger?)

Can't agree with most of the implications of your post

You want a world class winger but M'Vila wouldn't even consider us because of talk in the papers about interest from Real Madrid and United. How then do you propose we find this world class winger that no top club is after?

What was it 22m for Suarez & 35m for Carroll. If we repeat that how many players can you see us buying?  Two maybe three? I don't think that's enough to repair the squad.

As I recall Cole was bought not as a winger but to play a central position. Regardless it was never a like for like swap it was about balancing the squad and fulfilling a role.

Dzsudzsák is a world class left foot free kick taker. A genuine left winger of quality
Enrique is twice the LB than anybody we have (Aurelio excluded due to injury).
Cahill is better in general but particularly in the air than Skrtel 
Adam is a cheap deep lying play maker that can also take a free kick with his left foot.
M'Vila because he is a beast of a DM
Young because he is quick as anybody, plays wide and can score a goal.

Don't get me wrong I'd love Mata, Sahin, Subotic & Coentrao I just think NESV will struggle to both get them but more to the point justify that sort of spending.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: April 12, 2011, 10:23:40 am »
We need a new LB. That's top priority. Aurelio is fine, but he's out injured too often. His injuries was the reason Insua played so many games last season and it's the reason we've played so many other players at LB this season. We can't depend on Aurelio. The tricky thing now is that he's got a contract and he's quality once he's fit. Robinson cannot be trusted yet. He can be given games, but he can't be expected to play half a season or more as first pick. He's just not ready yet.

We have Aurelio who is class, but can't play many games. We have Robinson who is on his way up and will need games. The problem is, apart from the obvious first pick LB being signed, it's likely that we are still not OK. Bring in another LB (Insua back?) and it would make sense. IF we offload Aurelio (and Konchesky, but that goes without saying). We can't stand there with four LBs. Once again, this was an easy problem to spot last summer, but we fucked up and we will have to pay the consequences for it in the next transfer window.

If it was up to me, I'd get Insua back, sign a top quality LB, offload Konchesky and Aurelio and use Robinson as 3rd pick.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: April 12, 2011, 10:29:48 am »
I'd easily take Enrique. I hope it's true, because let's be honest, do any of you see Coentrao coming? He's probably set to go for Real Madrid, since Marcelo is leaving, or is this old news?

The other one is Baines, I don't see him coming, it's an Everton player after all.

What's left? Kadlec, and that's the only one that I remember.
Since when is Marcelo leaving Real Madrid?

He has just stated his desire to end his career and Real Madrid and Mourinho has been praising him since October last year.

Offline robb95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2664 on: April 12, 2011, 11:03:16 am »

He has just stated his desire to end his career and Real Madrid and Mourinho has been praising him since October last year.

Plus he's fecking class!

I watched him v Spurs, I thought he was outstanding I doubt it very much if Real will let him leave and can't FC going there because of him!
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious.
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2665 on: April 12, 2011, 11:37:01 am »
Plus he's fecking class!

I watched him v Spurs, I thought he was outstanding I doubt it very much if Real will let him leave and can't FC going there because of him!

I'd have Marcelo if he leaves ;)

Offline belfast-connection

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: April 12, 2011, 11:39:25 am »
watching last night's game in that formation i thought that some-one like ashley young would have done very well for us - playing kuyt's role

what I mean is that kuyt and suarez were very fluid, suarez popped up on the right quite regularly

so an attacking winger/ wide forward type player with pace would have fitted in very nicely

not saying get rid of dirk btw he was my motm last night

but if we can get some squad depth next season i'd like to see us changing it up a bit home and away - we lose too many points drawing, particularly at anfield, against teams with a tendency to sit

e.g. next season - away game - play kelly and kuyt - very solid defensively, decent service to the front
home game - johnson and ashley young? less defensive cover but a real threat done the side to a team that sits and tries to be compact
HE SAID ‘BIGGER’ PEOPLE ‘BIGGER’. OK, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2667 on: April 12, 2011, 11:52:45 am »
I think being realistic:
Adam ------------> Cole
Young -----------> Maxi

Have we actually been linked to Dzsudzsak or are we just talking about him because some lad has a man crush on him?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2668 on: April 12, 2011, 11:58:11 am »
Best realistic transfer post yet.

What you talking about mate. The list that Dan put is a good realistic one. We're not Chelsea/City and we won't sign a team of world class players for every position.

As for a game changer - what is that? Kuyt was a game changer(scoing the second) yesterday and so was Raul with the perfect ball for Carroll.

When a player is in the team or come off the bench it's up to them to produce and if they produce up to high standards they have enough quality to change the game.

Young, Adam, Cahill, Dzsudzsák, M'Vila, Enrique can all change a game.

Well, I'd class a game changer a player that will do something the opposition can do nothing about. Raul and Dirk are fantastic players, great for the team and pop up with goals but don't exactly dribble around 4 players in the box like Suarez or hit a 40 yard half volley like Gerrard. They require the team playing well to play well. Gerrard doesn't, Suarez doesn't, we need at least one more player in the same category.

That list is good but for the outlay will disrupt the squad and won't improve us that much in the long run for the effort IMO
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #2669 on: April 12, 2011, 12:14:57 pm »

Marcelo is Real's left back for the considerable future, hence why I don't understand all the pandering towards Coentrao going to Real. Now Coentrao going to Barca could be a possibility but Adriano has been very good since the turn of the year, they have Maxwell and Abidal.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2670 on: April 12, 2011, 12:16:46 pm »
Question for all to ponder...if Charlie Adam does come to Liverpool - do you think Kenny is thinking of using him as a narrow left midfielder (ala Ronnie Whelan at times) and use his left foot to put balls into the box? Kenny does seem to favour a 4-4-1-1 formation - pair Adam him up with a speedster the other side and it could work....and hide some of Adam's defensive frailties?

Offline ebbenebs

• Main Stander
« Reply #2671 on: April 12, 2011, 12:23:50 pm »
Players out: Paul Konchesky, Christian Poulsen, Milan Jovanevic, El Zhar,
Players in: Fabio Coentrao, Neven Subotić, Paulo Henrique Chagas de Lima, Mario Götze, Alexis Sanchez.

Reina
Johnson Agger Subotic  Coentrao
                 Lucas
           Gerrard  Ganso
 Sanchez                  Suarez
                Carroll

Subs: Götze, Meireles, Kuyt, Suso, Shelvey, Wilson, Kelly.

Anybody knows if Mario Götze is linked with any club? Despite us having two great strikers in the squad atm, I think we need a quality back up like Götze.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:28:57 pm by ebbenebs »

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2672 on: April 12, 2011, 12:26:39 pm »
Players out: Paul Konchesky, Christian Poulsen, Milan Jovanevic, El Zhar,
Players in: Fabio Coentrao, Neven Subotić, Paulo Henrique Chagas de Lima, Mario Götze, Alexis Sanchez.

Reina
Johnson Agger Subotic  Coentrao
                 Lucas
           Gerrard  Ganso
 Sanchez                  Suarez
                Carroll

Subs: Götze, Meireles, Kuyt, Suso, Shelvey, Wilson, Kelly,

Subotic, Coentrao, Ganso, Sanchez AND Gotze?

And people wonder why these threads get locked.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2673 on: April 12, 2011, 12:28:15 pm »

You'd struggle to get that lot on Football Manager let alone in reality!
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline bakstabba

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: April 12, 2011, 12:29:59 pm »
Quaresma?... Now waiting for Mac_Red to pounce

Offline ebbenebs

• Main Stander
« Reply #2675 on: April 12, 2011, 12:30:43 pm »

Hehe. I wasnt serious, but people tend to put out their dreams, so i though why not. Would be a OK team, I would say.  ;D

Offline Kenny Red

• Anny Roader
  • Don't park your tank on my lawn sunny jim
« Reply #2676 on: April 12, 2011, 12:30:47 pm »

I Agree.

There is circa Ł100m worth of talent listed there. Whilst I do believe FSG will invest heavily......a Ł100m on 4 players? - aint going to happen.
Perception is nine tenths of reality

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: April 12, 2011, 12:31:34 pm »
Quaresma?... Now waiting for Mac_Red to pounce

Simao?
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2679 on: April 12, 2011, 12:33:20 pm »
Hehe. I wasnt serious, but people tend to put out their dreams, so i though why not. Would be a OK team, I would say.  ;D

Dream is the right word lol. But you have good taste i'll give you that.