Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1767621 times)

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #14760 on: April 12, 2024, 01:47:16 pm »
Go and fuck yourself you prick.
Care to elaborate andy ? That I believe people telling people to just get on with it and accept price rises in a cost of living crisis when plenty of us are already struggling to make ends meet may come across as a tory ? Why you so triggered?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14761 on: April 12, 2024, 01:47:25 pm »
Maybe a different protest is needed. Most would agree ticket prices are ridiculous and are also a root cause of slowly decaying match atmosphere yet the method of protest is not helping the team at a time they need it most.

What happened to the good old mass march to the ground and or a silent sit in after the game?

Yeah agree with this as well.

The ticket price rise to me seems reasonable, but I accept that it's important to address the main issue - which is not getting on the slippery slide as Al alludes to. We don't want ticket prices of £100 just because some knobheads will pay anything.

But it's the method of protest and for me anything that badly affects the team - especially at such a crucial time of the season as this - the last one while Klopp is still here is a no-no.

Is the sign of a successful protest that we've completely disrailed our season? I can't believe that the people that staged and arranged the protest wanted to fuck our team.

Seems badly planned and badly thought about. Something outside the game - or something after would seem a better idea. We've done it before and we've done it well without fucking the team or the manager over.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14762 on: April 12, 2024, 01:47:28 pm »
Agreed.

Some fucking weirdos in this thread. Accusing people of being fucking Tories because they are concerned that the protest affected the atmosphere.

I mean. What the actual fuck?

Maybe read the rest of the post instead of concentrating on the first sentence.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14763 on: April 12, 2024, 01:48:04 pm »
Care to elaborate andy ? That I believe people telling people to just get on with it and accept price rises in a cost of living crisis when plenty of us are already struggling to make ends meet may come across as a tory ? Why you so triggered?

Yeah I will.

You said "I believe people telling people to just get on with it and accept price rises in a cost of living crisis"

Re-post any person that's said that in this thread.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #14764 on: April 12, 2024, 01:49:23 pm »
Yeah I will.

You said "I believe people telling people to just get on with it and accept price rises in a cost of living crisis"

Re-post any person that's said that in this thread.
Please read my full post before childishly shouting and swearing at me.

Thanks in advance

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #14765 on: April 12, 2024, 01:49:26 pm »
Seems to be a black and white replies that the flags not being there DIRECTLY caused the 0-3 result, which really isn't what people are saying though is it? They are saying that the protest contribute to the flat atmosphere at the start, that's all. It can be both. Shit night for the team, shit night off the pitch too. Seems in this thread there's too much 'oh, so you're saying that the players were shit because of no flags?!' when no, that's not what people are saying.

I can't get my head around this reply either ... who in here has said they are HAPPY that fans have to pay more? Really?

Let’s take it as - the lack of flags in some way contributed to the atmosphere and may have contributed to the result. I think everyone would agree on that as a sort of premise of the argument.

If there’s a group of supporters who have the potential to influence atmosphere, however small or large people think, why wouldn’t you consult with them before raising ticket prices?

That’s the core of the argument from supporter groups.

Is a 2% increase in ticket prices worth this trade off in supporter engagement?

I think we should all be concerned about rising ticket prices. SpionKop1906 are and are well within their rights not to bring and display THEIR flags.

The challenge for the other 50k in the ground is to either join the protests to accelerate change or generate an atmosphere without the flags and contribution of 1906.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14766 on: April 12, 2024, 01:52:57 pm »
Maybe read the rest of the post instead of concentrating on the first sentence.

Yeah I did and no one in this thread is against the protest - if it's done in such a way that it doesn't fuck the team over.

You can argue that this wasn't as dramatic as the 77 minute walk out (I walked out myself in that because I felt that the fans had been consulted) but given our fragility at the moment and given the timing of it - being at the pointy end of the season, the impact WAS dramatic.

We got twatted 3-0 at home. If our home crowd had made it a European Night of note - that we're famous for - then I think we're winning that. Atalanta are a good side, but to me, at Anfield, the crowd, the manager and the players all looked deflated, upset and depressed for the kick off.

Maybe it was just a co-incidence. Given that's the first time we've been beaten at home in 14 months - it's an incredible co-incidence if it is one.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #14767 on: April 12, 2024, 01:53:14 pm »
Let’s take it as - the lack of flags in some way contributed to the atmosphere and may have contributed to the result. I think everyone would agree on that as a sort of premise of the argument.

If there’s a group of supporters who have the potential to influence atmosphere, however small or large people think, why wouldn’t you consult with them before raising ticket prices?

That’s the core of the argument from supporter groups.

Is a 2% increase in ticket prices worth this trade off in supporter engagement?

I think we should all be concerned about rising ticket prices. SpionKop1906 are and are well within their rights not to bring and display THEIR flags.

The challenge for the other 50k in the ground is to either join the protests to accelerate change or generate an atmosphere without the flags and contribution of 1906.

Again mate, you're debating me about the protest and I'm not interested and it's not the point in the match atmosphere thread either.

You're questioning me on the validity of the protest, where have I said I don't agree with it? I 100% agree with it, but that's not the point is it? I'm talking about the protest affecting the atmosphere. You've literally proved my post above.

This thread has gone completely black and white now ... if you say the flag protest contributed to the lack of atmosphere that becomes you're against the protest and 'as if flags would cause the team to lose 0-3, pffffffff....'  ::)

Is all debate like this in here now?

I 100% agree with the protest, I 100% agree with not raising prices, I 100% don't think a lack of flags made our players play shite, but I also 100% think that the protest, and the withdrawing of the flags on the night CONTRIBUTED to a total lack of atmosphere from the off that never recovered because we were subsequently also shite.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14768 on: April 12, 2024, 01:54:16 pm »
Please read my full post before childishly shouting and swearing at me.

Thanks in advance

You accused people of being fucking Tories. Fucking Liverpool fans.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14769 on: April 12, 2024, 01:54:30 pm »
This thread has gone completely black and white now ... if you say the flag protest contributed to the lack of atmosphere that becomes you're against the protest and 'as if flags would cause the team to lose 0-3, pffffffff....'  ::)

Is all debate like this in here now?

I 100% agree with the protest, I 100% agree with not raising prices, I 100% don't think a lack of flags made our players play shite, but I also 100% think that the protest, and the withdrawing of the flags on the night CONTRIBUTED to a total lack of atmosphere from the off that never recovered because we were subsequently also shite.

I made my thoughts clear after the game, and have left the thread as people were always going to get defensive.

But you've explained my thoughts on the matter perfectly.

It was terribly timed and the only thing it affected (so far) was a crucial home game atmosphere in a European game that needed the holy trinity to come together on the night.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14770 on: April 12, 2024, 01:55:56 pm »
I made my thoughts clear after the game, and have left the thread as people were always going to get defensive.

But you've explained my thoughts on the matter perfectly.

It was terribly timed and the only thing it affected (so far) was a crucial home game atmosphere in a European game that needed the holy trinity to come together on the night.

Yeah, the club might consider that next time they try to shaft one of the holy trinity.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14771 on: April 12, 2024, 01:57:03 pm »
First goal goes in, quite alot head to the bogs etc. There was some half hearted boos too at half time. 2nd half took some fans 10 mins to get to their seats. 3rd goal goes in, que streaming out with one fan shouting they are disgrace to those leaving, there was still time to get a goal or 2. There was empty seats around me and has been the case for a few games, yet there are fans who can't get tickets.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14772 on: April 12, 2024, 01:57:17 pm »
Yeah, the club might consider that next time they try to shaft one of the holy trinity.

There are places, times and methods to protest - cutting your nose off to spite your face, isn't a very smart one.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #14773 on: April 12, 2024, 01:57:17 pm »
Yeah I did and no one in this thread is against the protest - if it's done in such a way that it doesn't fuck the team over.

You can argue that this wasn't as dramatic as the 77 minute walk out (I walked out myself in that because I felt that the fans had been consulted) but given our fragility at the moment and given the timing of it - being at the pointy end of the season, the impact WAS dramatic.

We got twatted 3-0 at home. If our home crowd had made it a European Night of note - that we're famous for - then I think we're winning that. Atalanta are a good side, but to me, at Anfield, the crowd, the manager and the players all looked deflated, upset and depressed for the kick off.

Maybe it was just a co-incidence. Given that's the first time we've been beaten at home in 14 months - it's an incredible co-incidence if it is one.
Right and when have a disagreed with any of this ? Personally I don't think it affected it as much as you do but that's fine it's opinion isn't it.

However your original comment to me was telling me to go and fuck myself and calling me prick because I think some people (at no point did I point fingers or even say on this site) are coming across as torys for telling people to give up tickets if they can't afford to go and just accept price rises and get on with it. Im still yet to understand why you would be so angry with me ?

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #14774 on: April 12, 2024, 01:59:11 pm »
Klopp has 3 games left at Anfield (hopefully 4).
Why not think of a more appropriate avenue and time to protest, and give Klopp the send off he deserves?
Take the battles against the owners outside the 90 minutes of a game.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #14775 on: April 12, 2024, 02:00:19 pm »
First goal goes in, quite alot head to the bogs etc. There was some half hearted boos too at half time. 2nd half took some fans 10 mins to get to their seats. 3rd goal goes in, que streaming out with one fan shouting they are disgrace to those leaving, there was still time to get a goal or 2. There was empty seats around me and has been the case for a few games, yet there are fans who can't get tickets.

Welcome to modern football support, it's been heading this way for years. Before kick off I was in that good of a mood I bought me and the lad a plastic bottle of Carlsberg.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14776 on: April 12, 2024, 02:00:33 pm »
Right and when have a disagreed with any of this ? Personally I don't think it affected it as much as you do but that's fine it's opinion isn't it.

However your original comment to me was telling me to go and fuck myself and calling me prick because I think some people (at no point did I point fingers or even say on this site) are coming across as torys for telling people to give up tickets if they can't afford to go and just accept price rises and get on with it. Im still yet to understand why you would be so angry with me ?

No one has said 'just accept the price rises and get on with it'

So who are you accusing of being a Tory? I'm upset becuse I've seen my team twatted 3-0 and effectively knocked out of Europe. I'm upset because that's the shittest atmosphere I've ever seen at Anfield in any game I've ever been to and the worst of any European game. It felt flat from the off and the crowd and the players looked upset and fed up from that off.

Being concerned about the effect of a protest doesn't make someone a fucking Tory.

So who are you calling a Tory in this thread?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14777 on: April 12, 2024, 02:00:52 pm »
There are places, times and methods to protest - cutting your nose off to spite your face, isn't a very smart one.

Couldn't think of a better time, method or place to be perfectly honest. No point protesting when it doesn't matter.

I'll take one home 3-0 defeat if it sends a message to the powers that be, stop shafting match going fans.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #14778 on: April 12, 2024, 02:01:16 pm »
You accused people of being fucking Tories. Fucking Liverpool fans.
Yes the ones I've seen online telling people if they can't afford it then they should give up their tickets and the ones saying prices are going up with everything we should jsut accept it. That is tory behaviour. Nobody said it was you or even people on here yet here you are veins popping out of your head typing frantically on your keyboard picking arguments with everyone with a difference of opinion to you. Relax

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14779 on: April 12, 2024, 02:01:31 pm »
Agreed.

Some fucking weirdos in this thread. Accusing people of being fucking Tories because they are concerned that the protest affected the atmosphere.

I mean. What the actual fuck?

I was reading the comments on the SOS facebook page Andy, and they were very very tory comments - it's only a few fucking quid, stop whinging, fuck off and keep out of it, you're being selfish. SOS were trying hard to point out that, during a cost of living crisis, its fucking killing people to go.

I personally don't think the flags affect the atmosphere, you know all the singing starts at the back of the Kop in 306/305 (bald fella 3 or 4 rows down from us usually) and looking down from there, we don't really see the flags. The players may see them and get up, but the noise DURING the game is what gets them going.

If the flags DO affect the team, then the club needs to think "do we really want to price out the people who make and bring these and replace them with once a season tourists, who bring nothing to the atmosphere?". If I'd taken the kids last nigh, I'd have spent £300 in a WEEK on tickets, we pay these players on avergare £60,000 a day. Adjust the salaries not raise the prices.

No one has said 'just accept the price rises and get on with it'

Go read the SOS facebook page.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14780 on: April 12, 2024, 02:02:33 pm »
Klopp has 3 games left at Anfield (hopefully 4).
Why not think of a more appropriate avenue and time to protest, and give Klopp the send off he deserves?
Take the battles against the owners outside the 90 minutes of a game.

Match going fans, especially the ones who create the atmosphere, are more important than Klopp. He's gone in the summer, they're hopefully here forever.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14781 on: April 12, 2024, 02:03:29 pm »
Couldn't think of a better time, method or place to be perfectly honest. No point protesting when it doesn't matter.

I'll take one home 3-0 defeat if it sends a message to the powers that be, stop shafting match going fans.

Are you part of the Judean People's Front crack suicide squad?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14782 on: April 12, 2024, 02:03:33 pm »
Yes the ones I've seen online telling people if they can't afford it then they should give up their tickets and the ones saying prices are going up with everything we should jsut accept it. That is tory behaviour. Nobody said it was you or even people on here yet here you are veins popping out of your head typing frantically on your keyboard picking arguments with everyone with a difference of opinion to you. Relax

Right. But you didn't say that - what you appeared to be saying was that there were people in THIS thread and this board - on here that were fucking Tories.

In that case, fair enough, but you deffo appeared to be calling people questioning the timing and method of the process Tories in this thread.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14783 on: April 12, 2024, 02:03:52 pm »
Match going fans, especially the ones who create the atmosphere, are more important than Klopp. He's gone in the summer, they're hopefully here forever.

Klopp will have likely understood and supported the protests. Its the lack of effort from the crowd for the 90 mins he'll be fuming about.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14784 on: April 12, 2024, 02:04:48 pm »
I was reading the comments on the SOS facebook page Andy, and they were very very tory comments - it's only a few fucking quid, stop whinging, fuck off and keep out of it, you're being selfish. SOS were trying hard to point out that, during a cost of living crisis, its fucking killing people to go.

I personally don't think the flags affect the atmosphere, you know all the singing starts at the back of the Kop in 306/305 (bald fella 3 or 4 rows down from us usually) and looking down from there, we don't really see the flags. The players may see them and get up, but the noise DURING the game is what gets them going.

If the flags DO affect the team, then the club needs to think "do we really want to price out the people who make and bring these and replace them with once a season tourists, who bring nothing to the atmosphere?". If I'd taken the kids last nigh, I'd have spent £300 in a WEEK on tickets, we pay these players on avergare £60,000 a day. Adjust the salaries not raise the prices.

Go read the SOS facebook page.

He's clarified it now that he's talking about people not on RAWK. From what he was saying I thought he was accusing me and Paul and others of being Tories.

Obviously not something I'm going to be taking lying down.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14785 on: April 12, 2024, 02:07:07 pm »
He's clarified it now that he's talking about people not on RAWK. From what he was saying I thought he was accusing me and Paul and others of being Tories.

You're probably too narky today (lack of sleep ;) ) to have picked up on that, I worked out he was on about the social media lot.

IF he was calling you a Tory, I'd have been on his case too mate :wave
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #14786 on: April 12, 2024, 02:08:24 pm »

Glad that's sorted but if you had just read that first post properly you would have worked that out. Others also pointed it out to you as well as me what I meant. We can argue all day about how much the flags effect the atmosphere but my issue is the price increase and I understand why people would be frustrated with the protest but I back them doing so because something needs to be done

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #14787 on: April 12, 2024, 02:08:35 pm »
Jesus Christ, read my posts carefully eh .. especially the one just above this comment. At no point anywhere have I soleley blamed them OR said it was the ONLY reason. Here, will quote for you ...

Okay calm down. Not necessarily aimed at you then. But some were laying the lack of atmosphere (and therefore the defeat!) squarely at the door of Spion Kop 1906. Others like me are saying that’s completely unfair/not true.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14788 on: April 12, 2024, 02:09:06 pm »
Right. But you didn't say that - what you appeared to be saying was that there were people in THIS thread and this board - on here that were fucking Tories.

In that case, fair enough, but you deffo appeared to be calling people questioning the timing and method of the process Tories in this thread.

Don't think he ever said anything about people on this thread. He said people online.

You decided to steam in and assume he was talking about you.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14789 on: April 12, 2024, 02:09:33 pm »
Glad that's sorted but if you had just read that first post properly you would have worked that out. Others also pointed it out to you as well as me what I meant. We can argue all day about how much the flags effect the atmosphere but my issue is the price increase and I understand why people would be frustrated with the protest but I back them doing so because something needs to be done

Yeah agreed and sorry for swearing at you. Obviously got the wrong end of the stick.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14790 on: April 12, 2024, 02:09:50 pm »
Are you part of the Judean People's Front crack suicide squad?

I'm part of the sick of billionaires and multi millionaires shafting people on minimum wage front. Make a cracking banner that actually.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14791 on: April 12, 2024, 02:12:58 pm »
IMake a cracking banner that actually.

Shame we'd never see it.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #14792 on: April 12, 2024, 02:15:36 pm »
Okay calm down. Not necessarily aimed at you then. But some were laying the lack of atmosphere (and therefore the defeat!) squarely at the door of Spion Kop 1906. Others like me are saying that’s completely unfair/not true.

I wasn't and don't though, so you needn't have directed your post at me as it wasn't what I've been saying anywhere in here.

It's a shame debate can't be nuanced anymore, and it's left to having accusations about what you are saying that aren't in any way what you are saying.

Will drop out now, made my point. You can be 100% FOR the protest last night, but also think that it affected the atmosphere.

But not on RAWK discussion where someone draws a line across 'I 100% support the protest' reads the 'I think it affected the atmosphere' part, and replies to you as if you are 100% against the protest, think the fan group caused the defeat, and you want fans to pay more.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 02:22:09 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #14793 on: April 12, 2024, 02:22:51 pm »

Wow....there are other ways and times to protest. Ones that don't affect the team during an important European tie, or league game.
Accepting a defeat, that more than likely ends our participation in a prestigious European competition is strange too.

Football hasn't become too expensive overnight. There are more appropriate ways to get the message through to the owners.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14794 on: April 12, 2024, 02:23:18 pm »
I'm part of the sick of billionaires and multi millionaires shafting people on minimum wage front. Make a cracking banner that actually.

I've heard of them - the SO BAMM SPOM W!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14795 on: April 12, 2024, 02:23:59 pm »
Wow....there are other ways and times to protest. Ones that don't affect the team during an important European tie, or league game.
Accepting a defeat, that more than likely ends our participation in a prestigious European competition is strange too.

Football hasn't become too expensive overnight. There are more appropriate ways to get the message through to the owners.

Examples please?

There's another European competition next season.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14796 on: April 12, 2024, 02:25:22 pm »
Examples please?

Doubt we'll have any chance at that with a new manager coming in and probably half the players leaving.

Would have been nice for Klopp to have completed the set after the amazing stuff he's done here. But not likely to be unless we put in the performance of the season - which can happen - nothing surprises me with this club any more - we do the easy things hard and the hard things hard as well.

D'oh!

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #14797 on: April 12, 2024, 02:27:55 pm »
Some of our own fans been badly exposing themselves as selfish Tory idiots over this stuff. Blaming losing a match on the flags not being there (BTW the spion kop lads own them flags so it is totally up to them if they display them nobody else). Seen idiots all over the place saying spion and sos don't represent them and shouldn't protest etc.  As has been said anybody can join them and have their voices heard. Also loads that are saying they don't like spion and sos are the first to praise the atmosphere etc when it's good and that is largely contributed too by those lads. They can't have it both ways. Also seen people saying it's only 2% people should just get on with it as we do with other bills etc. This really winds me up as a single lad on minimum wage who has had a season ticket for close to 20 years now I am one of the ones that will very much be impacted by any price rise as I already have to really budget and sacrifice things to be able to afford to go the game. Seeing people online saying people who can't afford it should just give up their tickets is infuriating. Prices of football are already too high there is absolutely no need for an increase the club makes enough money. Its not my job to pay for the next shiny new player or the next overpriced contract. They make enough money through sponsors etc to live well within their means. Plus the fact that next year we have champions league money not europa league which equates to a lot more money and the fact the new stand has added millions to match day income. Its just pure greed.  The working class game they once called it. Not any more.

Nailed it
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14798 on: April 12, 2024, 02:30:28 pm »

If banners made such a difference, how do you explain the Sheff Utd game then? The banners were out, the surfer banners in both the Kop and the SKD lower were out, scarves were out, YNWA got blasted out and yet Sheff Utd could and should have scored on 34 seconds and we were dogshit slow until the subs woke them up.

last night is 100% on Klopp and the team, they in the main had an absolute stinker, it happens. Its not Spion Kop 1906's fault, its the players.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #14799 on: April 12, 2024, 02:33:17 pm »
Examples please?

Most things outside of the 90 minutes.

Your 2nd line is strange.
We obviously have different opinions.
Accepting a defeat that makes it unlikely that we win a trophy will never be one of mine.
Don't do anything that might affect the team during a game.

I respect your opinion. I don't agree with it. Everyone will have their own.