Author Topic: Suso  (Read 86426 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Suso
« Reply #360 on: March 9, 2018, 09:34:00 am »
Bit poop isn't he

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: March 9, 2018, 01:57:21 pm »
Bit poop isn't he
He's very predictable. A one trick pony, really.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #362 on: March 9, 2018, 02:34:28 pm »
He's very predictable. A one trick pony, really.

Pretty much, good luck to the lad in Italy etc but no chance he would have done it here

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: March 9, 2018, 04:19:29 pm »
Budget Mahrez

Offline Craigthered

• Still Raging at Rafa. FAQ Off.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #364 on: March 12, 2018, 05:21:33 pm »
Bang average
STILL CENSORED BY CLOWN MODS. FAQ OFF!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #365 on: May 20, 2018, 10:18:17 pm »
Apparently he’s spoke in the media about wanting an Anfield return

Even under the wizard that is Jurgen Klopp I don’t think he’d make the grade. Seems to have found his level at Milan and the league suits his style of play...

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #366 on: May 21, 2018, 02:55:53 am »
Apparently he’s spoke in the media about wanting an Anfield return

Even under the wizard that is Jurgen Klopp I don’t think he’d make the grade. Seems to have found his level at Milan and the league suits his style of play...

Suso is an interesting one. If you believe that Coutinho didn't really fit our system and that it functions better now with 4 players who do, then Suso would basically be a left-footed Coutinho, who is nowhere near the level Coutinho was.

But, he is home grown/club trained, which has a value in terms of squad depth. Just cannot imagine he would want to go somewhere that he would be a depth player. If it was a low fee and he was happy to be there for depth, maybe. But even then I think Woodburn will eventually pass him as he has far more developed tactical side of his game already.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #367 on: May 21, 2018, 03:22:49 am »
Suso is an interesting one. If you believe that Coutinho didn't really fit our system and that it functions better now with 4 players who do, then Suso would basically be a left-footed Coutinho, who is nowhere near the level Coutinho was.

But, he is home grown/club trained, which has a value in terms of squad depth. Just cannot imagine he would want to go somewhere that he would be a depth player. If it was a low fee and he was happy to be there for depth, maybe. But even then I think Woodburn will eventually pass him as he has far more developed tactical side of his game already.

I still get the feeling his game is more suited to being a centre mid.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #368 on: May 21, 2018, 03:33:07 am »
Should have inserted a buyback clause.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #369 on: May 21, 2018, 03:43:11 am »
Should have inserted a buyback clause.

He negotiated a bosman with Milan, then we negotiated a fee to release him 6months early. We had no leverage at all ready to insert any clause. Not that it is a valid excuse. At the same time we were lining up an almost club record bid for Benteke so they probably would have set the buy back clause at 800m if it was left up to them. :D
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline RobbyR

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • A retro red from another generation
« Reply #370 on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:20 am »
Always liked Suso, he has done brilliant work in Italy. For the fee i believe he is a steal, and Jurgan could work his magic on Suso and make him as good as the oxe. a no brainer get him back, could be immense
A red since 67

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #371 on: May 21, 2018, 05:31:24 am »
He's not fast enough to play in a Klopp team. Italy or France suits him. He wouldn't have the time in England to play as well as he does in Italy.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: May 21, 2018, 07:24:48 pm »
He's not fast enough to play in a Klopp team. Italy or France suits him. He wouldn't have the time in England to play as well as he does in Italy.
Aye, he suits Italy. Same with Luis Alberto, seen cargo ships turn faster than him in the Mersey.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #373 on: May 22, 2018, 02:20:03 pm »
Always liked Suso, he has done brilliant work in Italy. For the fee i believe he is a steal, and Jurgan could work his magic on Suso and make him as good as the oxe. a no brainer get him back, could be immense

Very much the one that got away.

I suppose there's one at every club. He's not quite our Salah or De Bruyne.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: May 22, 2018, 02:30:00 pm »
Very much the one that got away.

I suppose there's one at every club. He's not quite our Salah or De Bruyne.

Literally not in the slightest, unless you changed manager to accommodate him. He wouldn’t make it through a half under Klopp

I’d say this applies much more to Luis Alberto though better suited he’d also would struggle putting in the yards

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #375 on: May 23, 2018, 06:11:33 am »
Alberto and Aspas are good players. Just not suited for the Premier League. A lot of Spanish players aren't.

Suso showed enough promise and was unlucky.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 23, 2018, 12:09:24 pm »
Alberto and Aspas are good players. Just not suited for the Premier League. A lot of Spanish players aren't.

Suso showed enough promise and was unlucky.

All three of them are good players. The most unlucky was probably Alberto, given the need for freshness in midfield it was a shame he didn't play more.

The three of them probably aren't suited to the league, and certainly aren't to Klopp. But I think Alberto is the most likely to succeed, were he to be in the PL right now

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 23, 2018, 12:10:05 pm »
All three are good players but just not suited to this league. It happens.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: May 23, 2018, 01:16:19 pm »
Alberto moved slower than a tectonic plate
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 23, 2018, 01:21:23 pm »
Poor man's Coutinho. He's alright, nothing more nothing less.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #380 on: May 23, 2018, 02:16:21 pm »
I'm not so sure there is such a thing as 'not suited to this league.' I mean, how so? Because he's slow? What, slower than Charlie Adam? Or because he isn't strong? What, less strong than David Silva? In fact that latter is a case in point of someone you'd say 'wasn't suited to this league' until they turn out to be fucking brilliant in it. Morientes. Now there's a player who was clearly suited to the Prem. He'd never have made it in Spain with his style of play. Nor Llorente...

Sure, homesickness is a thing. Sure, failure to adapt is a thing. But they're not connected to 'type'. What is connected to 'type' is the role you play the player in. Crouch would have done great for a Spanish team who'd played to his strengths. David Silva would have been shit if someone had try to play him as a traditional winger or ten or attacking midfielder.

Maybe Suso, Aspas and Alberto had huge problems with homesickness. I don't know. But what is very clear is that none were ever used in a way that would have helped them to succeed.

Aspas, playing in Firmino's role, could have been excellent. He was never going to thrive if used as a classic No 9 or as a wide player, least of all if only given a couple of minutes here and there.

Alberto could have done a very interesting job as a riquelme-style 10 or something like an Alonso style CM. But we'll never know, because he was never tried in those roles, and never given the time to shine anyway.

Same goes for Suso - he had some promising cameos for Rafa being played in the kind of roles he excels at now. I mean, as it happens I agree - we've moved on now and either have better players in those roles (Aspas and Suso), or no need for the roles those players excel at (Alberto) but that doesn't mean they couldn't succeed in this league. More that no-one succeeds unless they have a role that suits their skillset and the time to prove themselves. Zidane wouldn't have succeeded if he'd only been given 10 minutes here and there as a centre-forward, no matter what league he was in.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2018, 02:39:50 pm »
I'm not so sure there is such a thing as 'not suited to this league.' I mean, how so?

Level of pressure: some leagues have a culture of dropping off on transition, and getting a shape from box to box, but not in between, which affords creative players more time and space to play their game, but also affords creative players less defensive responsibility

Speed of Transition: added to that, some leagues have a hurly-burly approach to transition, where a lot more long balls are played, a lot more clearances, and a lot more counter-presses and counter-attacks, which means the ball is more or less in constant transition. This favours the athlete over the technician, as it requires a LOT more defensive responsibility from all attackers

Physical Contact: some leagues have strict refereeing where every contact that is less than 50/50 in anyone's favour is a foul, whereas others (England, Scotland, for example) have looser refereeing where contact is expected and only the most serious of fouls will get called. That's why we see a difference in European and PL refereeing. This, of course, disadvantages the less-physical players, and rewards the stronger athletes - whereas continental refereeing would favour the technician and nullify the pure athlete.

Climate: A colder climate favours quick transition football with a lot of running, leaving less time for the creative players to express themselves, unless they can express themselves at high speed. Hotter climates favour a slower pace of game, with more possession and less transitions, which allow the creative technicians to express their abilities - it would also dis-favour the athletes, as they would be out of gas after 20 minutes of running at full tilt in a hot climate.

So there are actual factors that go into how a player plays in different cultures. Those four above are probably the main ones.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2018, 04:08:02 pm »
Level of pressure: some leagues have a culture of dropping off on transition, and getting a shape from box to box, but not in between, which affords creative players more time and space to play their game, but also affords creative players less defensive responsibility

Speed of Transition: added to that, some leagues have a hurly-burly approach to transition, where a lot more long balls are played, a lot more clearances, and a lot more counter-presses and counter-attacks, which means the ball is more or less in constant transition. This favours the athlete over the technician, as it requires a LOT more defensive responsibility from all attackers

Physical Contact: some leagues have strict refereeing where every contact that is less than 50/50 in anyone's favour is a foul, whereas others (England, Scotland, for example) have looser refereeing where contact is expected and only the most serious of fouls will get called. That's why we see a difference in European and PL refereeing. This, of course, disadvantages the less-physical players, and rewards the stronger athletes - whereas continental refereeing would favour the technician and nullify the pure athlete.

Climate: A colder climate favours quick transition football with a lot of running, leaving less time for the creative players to express themselves, unless they can express themselves at high speed. Hotter climates favour a slower pace of game, with more possession and less transitions, which allow the creative technicians to express their abilities - it would also dis-favour the athletes, as they would be out of gas after 20 minutes of running at full tilt in a hot climate.

So there are actual factors that go into how a player plays in different cultures. Those four above are probably the main ones.
Good points, for sure. We play more football in shittier conditions, refs are definitely weaker.

Perhaps the examples referenced consistently showed that they were bottling the weather in terms of training/reserves, but you'd still need to be given a fair shout in a role that suits you in order to shine, right?

I think there's also a point to be made in terms of the pressure/refs/physical contact that, actually, it doesn't always favour the biggest. It definitely favours the bravest, though. I mean look at someone like Silva, again, or lower down the leagues, a lovely player who used to play for my local team Dulwich Hamlet, a guy called Erhun Oztumer. 5'2" tall, tiny and not stocky at all - but with perfect balance, great touch and the heart of a lion. He took the kicks, and actually was often able to avoid them - which ends up with some burly twat of a player flat on their arse, and with a guy like Erhun a level of time and space that they would never, ever get in a league like Italy or Spain where, actually, defenders don't tend to rashly overcommit and thus miss the ball and you completely.

Very good answers, like, very good indeed. Definitely massive factors that need to be considered when making a transfer.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: October 1, 2018, 01:18:51 pm »
Scored a good goal on the weekend https://youtu.be/8zRM09_9XTY?t=123

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #384 on: October 12, 2018, 12:45:58 pm »
Involved in all four goals for Spain v Wales last night at the Principality. Hit the bar as well.

https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2018/10/11/wales-vs-spain-highlights-full-match/#5

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: October 13, 2018, 03:33:23 pm »
Has the most assists in Europe top leagues so far this season, not doing too badly.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2018, 10:43:42 am »
Has the most assists in Europe top leagues so far this season, not doing too badly.

Just read this piece on the Daily Telegraph website. Suso doesn't even get a mention  :o

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/13/luis-enrique-has-got-spain-believing/

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2018, 01:42:19 pm »
Just read this piece on the Daily Telegraph website. Suso doesn't even get a mention  :o

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/13/luis-enrique-has-got-spain-believing/
Noone watches Serie A, do they

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: October 14, 2018, 01:51:07 pm »
Noone watches Serie A, do they

I've only taken a vague interest in it since Lucas moved to Lazio, so I guess you're right.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: October 30, 2018, 09:49:56 am »
Suso has been incredible this season one of the in form players in the world currently 7 assists and 3 goals in 10 games and only Messi and Silva have created more chances(in open play) in the big leagues.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:51:52 am by Coolie High »

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #390 on: November 4, 2018, 10:08:07 pm »
Suso has been incredible this season one of the in form players in the world currently 7 assists and 3 goals in 10 games and only Messi and Silva have created more chances(in open play) in the big leagues.
Ran the show tonight. They are raving about him in Italy.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #391 on: November 4, 2018, 11:27:33 pm »
Good luck to him for making good - but he won't be back at Anfield playing for us in my opinion.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: November 6, 2018, 02:32:41 pm »
Ran the show tonight. They are raving about him in Italy.

Just spotted his goal, yet another cracker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqXJuy4e1Y

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: November 6, 2018, 04:39:43 pm »
Just spotted his goal, yet another cracker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqXJuy4e1Y

Looks like he's impregnated someone too

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #394 on: November 8, 2018, 09:50:52 pm »
Another one tonight too.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #395 on: November 9, 2018, 07:50:37 pm »
He seems to fit a similar player profile to Fekir so no reason not to consider him if he has a low release clause.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2018, 07:52:26 pm by L.Suarez »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: November 9, 2018, 07:56:45 pm »
He seems to fit a similar player profile to Fekir so no reason not to consider him if he has a low release clause.

No reason at all apart from him being slow and out attacking game relying heavily on pace.
Pace goals man, pace goals is where it's at. :)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2018, 10:34:53 am »
We're not re-signing Suso
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2018, 10:37:33 am »
Could see him ending up at Chelsea

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2018, 10:42:49 am »

Pace goals man, pace goals is where it's at. :)

They don’t count!