Author Topic: Alan Davies questions why Liverpool don't play on Hillsborough Anniversary  (Read 68697 times)

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
He also said: 'There is plenty of mocking of other teams on our podcast & our taking the mick out of Dalglish is part of that'. So calling Dalglish a 'tight-mouthed, furious, frowning, leaning-forward, bitter Glaswegian' and adding that he 'hates' him is Alan Davies's idea of 'taking the mick'? My god, it shows what a terrible comedian he is if he actually thinks that's anything grander than mere abuse.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2012, 09:20:57 pm by gkmacca »

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
I met him a few years ago. Came across as a bit of a wanker, but not an unpleasant person. He should apologise for this, I think he's one of those people who needs to grow up a bit.

Offline RuncornRed25

• Legacy Fan
This thread should be closed.

He's a c*nt and deserves no further attention.

^ Bingo

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
Yep, he's made a knob of himself - and judging by how quickly he's backtracked, I suspect he realises it.
I suspect he hasn't, because he hasn't backtracked at all. He's still peddling the line that we should be forced to play on the 15th. Or was, last time I looked. I'm fucking sick of 'public figure' c*nts with a microphone making a non-apology of the 'I'm sorry if YOU took my comments the wrong way'-type. He's a shithouse.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
Parrotfaced twat........
Ar, eye eye... what's Freddie Davies done. They're not even related are the.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
I met him a few years ago. Came across as a bit of a wanker, but not an unpleasant person. He should apologise for this, I think he's one of those people who needs to grow up a bit.

He's in his forties. When's he going to start?

Offline BirdBrain

• Anny Roader
It just shows the ignorant opinions still out there. He's trying to do 'edgy' comedy but has just ended up sounding really crass and mean.

I do hope this doesnt turn into a campaign ..the real campaign is the continued need to get the government documents out and full justice for the 96, not hounding a rubbish comedian out of a job or threatening violence on him. He seems to have realised his error already.

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
I always thought Alan Davies was a utter, utter c*nt.

This proves it

Offline andywilko

• Anny Roader
  • Thank You
Reminds me of this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c29OpzjjXc0
He's heard proper football supporters doing "edgy banter", thought he'd give it a go. 
And come across as the complete c*nt everyone who's ever seen anything he's been in already knows he is.
And with such simplicity,
The European Cup, surely, is won.

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
He insulted a journalist, so the press will be after him regardless of us. They protect their own.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
Ar, eye eye... what's Freddie Davies done. They're not even related are the.

Gettin Freddie mixed up with Alan Two-Faced  Davies
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
He also said: 'There is plenty of mocking of other teams on our podcast & our taking the mick out of Dalglish is part of that'. So calling Dalglish a 'tight-mouthed, furious, frowning, leaning-forward, bitter Glaswegian' and adding that he 'hates' him is Alan Smith's idea of 'taking the mick'? My god, it shows what a terrible comedian he is if he actually thinks that's anything grander than mere abuse.

Alan Davies mate, let's try not to get Alan Smith unfairly dragged into the conversation :)

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
Fucking c*nt. Why are people in this country so uneducated about the disaster ? Look past the blind tribalism. Prick.

Offline gkmacca

• Kopite
Alan Davies mate, let's try not to get Alan Smith unfairly dragged into the conversation :)

Doh! yes, sorry!

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
He wasnt looking for attention, wasnt looking for PR, that was off the cuff thoughts in an arsenal centric podcast, he was talking about subjects from the point of view of himself as an arsenal fan, thats what he really thinks. Saying he did it for attention mitigates his responsibility somewhat, as if it was some kind of stunt, it wasnt, like many other bigotted c*nts, he has opened his mouth spouting shithouse views that are unacceptable to many people. Now he is doing damage control because of the backlash, but had it never gotten any publicity outside of the arsenal fan community he wouldnt of given two fucks about it, because its what he thinks. There are loads who agree with him as well.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan

Gettin Freddie mixed up with Alan Two-Faced  Davies
And I'd like to slap the pair of them but I thought aul Fred was alright. Anyway, shouldn't be joking in here. Although it would probably be better to just laugh at the knobhead.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
If someone ran around a cemetery and berated the people laying flowers at the grave of a loved one on the anniversary of their death they would be arrested and pilloried in the press. That is exactly what Davies is doing and it is absolutely cringe-worthy.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
And I'd like to slap the pair of them but I thought aul Fred was alright. Anyway, shouldn't be joking in here. Although it would probably be better to just laugh at the knobhead.
You are right mate but I have never managed to laugh at the gobshite yet.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
Fucking c*nt. Why are people in this country so uneducated about the disaster ? Look past the blind tribalism. Prick.

maybe we should try to educate them rather than calling them c*nts.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Don't see why we can't do both on occasion

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
If someone ran around a cemetery and berated the people laying flowers at the grave of a loved one on the anniversary of their death they would be arrested and pilloried in the press. That is exactly what Davies is doing and it is absolutely cringe-worthy.
Al lad, I've tried making that point for years. It's a bloody disgrace that people can tell grieving loved ones to just move on and get over it. These people wouldn't dare, or dream of writing or saying such a thing to anyone else. It's a bloody disgrace that they still get away with it.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
You are right mate but I have never managed to laugh at the gobshite yet.
Only he's hair.

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
Indeed but its not the first time Davies has come out with an Anti-Liverpool comment.  Using Hillsborough disaster as a means to have a dig is just low. And since when did Chelsea become so precious to him ?

Why should our players and coaches not have a chance to grieve just so Chelsea can have a more convenient fixture list ?

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
What a vile little insect.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
educate him?
he's a football fan in his forties mate, I'm sure he's well up to speed on Hillsborough.
he's not some young muppet who was born ten years after the event.

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Don't see why we can't do both on occasion

Only problem is they tend not to listen to the truth if you call them c*nts at the same time

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

I'm all ears how you can educate c*nts like Davies. I think it should be a bit more than tweeting a link to the HJC website, know what I mean?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
It just shows the blind ignorance that exists in this country.They are too gullible to discover the facts for themselves and believe shite that the likes of Alan Davies come out with.

I know we have to try but think it's a waste of time trying to educate people when they've already made their minds up by reading and listening to  biased,narrow minded opinions on TV,radio and in the press.

This thread is 9 pages longer than it should be and in a civilised world it saddens me that people are just so unthoughtful and uncaring to spout the crap.

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
I'm all ears how you can educate c*nts like Davies. I think it should be a bit more than tweeting a link to the HJC website, know what I mean?
losing them money hurts them more than a pasting

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Only problem is they tend not to listen to the truth if you call them c*nts at the same time
or maybe when he thinks about the reaction to what he said, he'll never do it again.
at the same time I bet he's sitting at home now, thinking "bloody scousers, typical!".
I'd bet my house on it.

Offline uwinsa

• prize!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
or maybe when he thinks about the reaction to what he said, he'll never do it again.
at the same time I bet he's sitting at home now, thinking "bloody scousers, typical!".
I'd bet my house on it.

I might never do it again but that doesn't stop him thinking it does it?
bet he is, wheres he from any way?

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
I'd bet my house on it.
Scousers....I hope disgust at being disrespectful to the deceased isn't an exclusively scouse trait.

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.

get him involved in the campaign, use him to help educate other people.

people is london don't get the anger and pain still felt by our fans, so use Davies and other people in the media to spread the word.

re uwinsa, probably calling them c*nts will dissuade them from being educated... :)

Offline reniformis

• Legacy Fan
  • Innocence and Arrogance Entwined
Actually, if you want comparisons it's more like berating people for refusing to go into work in order to lay flowers on a loved one's grave at a specific time. Any decent human being would respect that. And compromise. Perhaps he thinks we should have a Hillsborough Day like Remembrance Day, so it can be shoved out of the way on a different date every year.
The Past Is Only The Future With The Lights On

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
I'd bet my house on it.
Well here is one Scouser he idolises  with a few words of advice

You can shine your shoes and wear a suit
You can comb your hair and look quite cute
You can hide your face behind a smile
One thing you can't hide
Is when you're crippled inside

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

people is london don't get the anger and pain still felt by our fans, so use Davies and other people in the media to spread the word.

re uwinsa, probably calling them c*nts will dissuade them from being educated... :)

Go 'ed, then Andy. You might be right. Keep me posted how you get on.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans

He's posted links to websites about the disaster so is he uneducated or is he just a cunt? I mean, what goes through your head to think your opinion on how those genuinely affected by the worst sporting disaster ever should handle things is more important than that of those genuinely affected by the worst sporting disaster ever? It's one day out of 365 when Liverpool Football Club holds a memorial service for 96 people who went to a football match and never came home. It is a day when football is put completely to one side to remember those people, friends, family, comrades. Men, women and children who died doing what we love to do week in, week out - which is follow our team. The only people who matter in that decision are those affected by it. And I don't count Chelsea as 'those affected by it' either. There were other potential solutions which the FA ignored but a fixture being one day closer to another fixture isn't anything in the grand scheme of things.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan

No. Not on that mate. Him, some sort of spokesman for the campaign, no. But like a few others have said, we shouldn't make this into a campaign either. It would only make him look the victim. Hopefully he'll just be showed up to be the prejudiced prick he is, and sink away into skintness and getting bit while he's trying to get his head down in some doorway.

Oh well, fuck him. That's me done. Had me say, we shouldn't ever ignore shite like this. It perpetuates the lies and myths that stops the families getting the truth revealed. But as for him, bollocks to him. He's shot himself in the foot. Best leave him to wallow in it now, I suppose.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
Dickhead.

Playing The Empire on 23rd of Sept coming...

Roll up, roll up  8)

I bet he'll swerve that the fucking spineless coward.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Seriously, fucking behave yourself. I wouldn't want that twat anywhere near our campaign. You think educating him would make a blind bit of difference to his bile filled beliefs? Never in a million years mate. A grovelling apology is the best we can do from c*nts like him to hopefully dissuade other hateful bigots to at least keep their views to themselves.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.