Poll

What are your plans for the 21/22 season?

Return to 100% games like normal
98 (45%)
Return to 100% games like normal (with mask)
39 (17.9%)
Return to less games than usual
7 (3.2%)
Return to less games than usual (with mask)
13 (6%)
Home only games (no aways)
17 (7.8%)
Undecided - wait and see
18 (8.3%)
Taking the season out
7 (3.2%)
I don't go to the match but like voting in polls
10 (4.6%)
Swerving the pub pre/post-match
9 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: 21/22: return to full capacity - your plans?  (Read 16066 times)

Online Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 21/22: return to full capacity - your plans?
« Reply #120 on: September 2, 2021, 07:52:33 pm »
Same, here, it has to be the match for me as i did nothing in th days before or immediately after the game. Despite having had both jabs I've got symptoms, just like a really bad head cold, but have quite bad dizziness too.
We're bound to see a big spike around sporting events but probably football in particular, just with the way crowds congregate and are packed together both in the stands and in the concourse area.

There were hand sanitisers in most places in both Anny Upper on Sat and the Main stand last week, just people didn't seem to be using them from what I could see. Literally spotted single numbers of people with a mask too, although if nobody else is wearing one then I can understand why people just think 'fuck it, why should I?". A mask only every really protects others so if other people aren't arsed, then why should you wear one. I can see why this attitude would spread throughout a stadium quite rapidly.

I would be very surprised if we don't see a reduction in crowds imposed at sporting events before the season is over, they could be super spreader events.

I got pinged too and have had similar symptoms to you, took a test which was negative thankfully.
I’ve been amazed at the low numbers wearing a mask in the main stand concourse for Burnley and Chelsea, looks like the perfect environment to spread the virus.
Just a pity the COVID app doesn’t tell you at what location you came into close proximity to someone positive.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 3, 2021, 08:30:21 am »

I would be very surprised if we don't see a reduction in crowds imposed at sporting events before the season is over, they could be super spreader events.

Personally think that it won't make Christmas before we're back to reduced or no capacity back at the football.

Yes it's all about hospitalisations and deaths rather than positive cases, bit once the school return makes the cases rocket again, how long before restrictions are back in place. It's now know that the effectiveness of the vaccine wanes quite a lot after a few months

Sadly don't see any other outcome

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #122 on: September 3, 2021, 09:17:25 am »
Personally think that it won't make Christmas before we're back to reduced or no capacity back at the football.

Yes it's all about hospitalisations and deaths rather than positive cases, bit once the school return makes the cases rocket again, how long before restrictions are back in place. It's now know that the effectiveness of the vaccine wanes quite a lot after a few months

Sadly don't see any other outcome
hopefully the booster programme coupled with a strong flu vaccination push can see us through the winter but I have my doubts

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: September 3, 2021, 09:58:05 am »
hopefully the booster programme coupled with a strong flu vaccination push can see us through the winter but I have my doubts

Still no actual agreement that there's even going to be a booster programme, other than those who have severe immune deficiency

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: September 3, 2021, 12:42:47 pm »
Full of doom an gloom in here. Personally going for the positive view in that there will be no restrictions again going forward :)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #125 on: September 3, 2021, 02:14:23 pm »
Full of doom an gloom in here. Personally going for the positive view in that there will be no restrictions again going forward :)
100% agreed.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 3, 2021, 02:22:54 pm »
Each to their own I suppose. Israel led the world in giving the vaccine. It's now one of the world leaders in infections per head of capita. Mainly due to the waning in effectiveness of vaccines as it goes on against delta, and are already distributing 3rd booster jabs

Our buffoon government haven't even come up with a plan for booster jabs, and 20%+ if 18-30 year olds here haven't even had one vaccine

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: September 3, 2021, 04:09:15 pm »

assuming they follow through (which I doubt) you'll have restrictions in terms of vaccinated only at the ground (other than kids / valid medical reasons).

optimism is good but people are just being realistic based on what we've seen over nearly two years.

i just hope people maintain some sense of caution and common-sense because football will be the first thing to go if things go crazy again.
YNWA.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 3, 2021, 05:00:09 pm »
I think some of the 'symptoms' might be a result of people getting together in big groups and swapping general viruses as happens with back to school/uni. After Burnley I didn't go to Chelsea but went to couple of gigs and watched the football in a pub (as no space outside), worse a mask for all the indoor bits and double v a x x e d (weird auto replace about a film?), negative test. Got pinged on the Sat, but tested negative, has some 'symptoms' after that and tested neg again and feel fine now. Some of this I think is getting back to 'normal' life.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2021, 05:04:03 pm by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 3, 2021, 06:55:11 pm »
I think some of the 'symptoms' might be a result of people getting together in big groups and swapping general viruses as happens with back to school/uni. After Burnley I didn't go to Chelsea but went to couple of gigs and watched the football in a pub (as no space outside), worse a mask for all the indoor bits and double v a x x e d (weird auto replace about a film?), negative test. Got pinged on the Sat, but tested negative, has some 'symptoms' after that and tested neg again and feel fine now. Some of this I think is getting back to 'normal' life.
would definitely make sense

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: September 3, 2021, 09:33:27 pm »

Agreed, same here - I went to a festival last weekend, felt absolutely horrendous on Tuesday, worst since before COVID all started.

Was convinced I had it, and tested negative (I'm double jabbed)

Forgot what it was like to get normal infections

Personally don't think restrictions will come back, we are learning to live with it

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 4, 2021, 10:37:42 am »
I expected the mask wearing to be pretty low to be honest at the match. The Burnley match did feel a bit uncomfortable for me when I was in my seat at first but then I just got used to it. It would probably be sensible if people wore them when queing for food or in the toilets but it's never going to happen.

I don't think they'll put restrictions back in place unless we were seeing ridiculous less of hospitalisation and death which would be worrying as the vaccine would seemingly be weakened in that scenario.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: September 4, 2021, 11:28:35 am »
I think we will see capacity restrictions. Mainly cos the government are taking the piss with announcing the booster jabs. Looking at Israel it seems the efficacy is wearing off so a booster is needed.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: September 4, 2021, 12:48:38 pm »
to be honest I forgot about it all once in my seat, just loved being back at the match.

Pre-match on the concourse I did feel awkward but I thought I would feel a lot more anxious about it all.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #134 on: September 4, 2021, 01:28:26 pm »
…deleted conspiracy bollocks…

Please don’t post this shite.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 4, 2021, 02:19:36 pm »
Please don’t post this shite.

kinda disappointed i missed whatever shite he wrote  :(
YNWA.

Online 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #136 on: September 5, 2021, 03:39:53 pm »
Was at both matches at honestly wasn't stressed about it until heading for a slash at half time through the concourse . That was just rammed and with the stuffy heat it made me pretty anxious.
Then after getting home from Burnley someone I shared a car with for 4hrs tested positive also a lad I was with the Saturday of the game. Did a test Thursday and Friday before Chelsea ,thankfully both negative.
Home from Chelsea Monday and over the following days more positive test results from mates. Once again , negative for me.
Fully vaccinated , but who knows ? I may have had it previous and not even realised it. That or my blood is normally 99% alcohol while in Liverpool. 

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 6, 2021, 07:59:18 pm »
United bringing in COVID vaccination spot checks this weekend according to this

Also says expected to be mandatory before next month

https://twitter.com/TyMarshall_MEN/status/1434924794726821890?s=19

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: September 6, 2021, 09:53:33 pm »
United bringing in COVID vaccination spot checks this weekend according to this

Also says expected to be mandatory before next month

https://twitter.com/TyMarshall_MEN/status/1434924794726821890?s=19
if it's not mandatory what can they do this weekend? Can't stop you from going surely? Yet anyway

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #139 on: September 6, 2021, 10:06:24 pm »
if it's not mandatory what can they do this weekend? Can't stop you from going surely? Yet anyway
Nothing, until its mandatory.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 6, 2021, 10:12:27 pm »
it's a private business, they can stop people going if they want regardless if it's mandatory or not

but whether the stewards really care is another matter, bit unfair on them really
YNWA.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 6, 2021, 10:16:23 pm »

Didn't say it was from the article it's said they expect it to be mandatory by October 1

If they were going to do it, this was always going to be the date, as it was said that by 30th September everyone over 18 would land been offered both doses of a vaccine

Remain sceptical rise they'll do it. But united appear to be planning for it

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #142 on: September 6, 2021, 10:18:34 pm »
it's a private business, they can stop people going if they want regardless if it's mandatory or not

but whether the stewards really care is another matter, bit unfair on them really

Yes but to enforce it the stewards are going to have to put themselves in harms way. Bearing in mind they left the gates open for the protesters not that long back.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 6, 2021, 10:29:40 pm »
Yes but to enforce it the stewards are going to have to put themselves in harms way. Bearing in mind they left the gates open for the protesters not that long back.

Personally think there's no chance of it being enforced if it's spot checks

But no choice if it becomes mandatory

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 6, 2021, 11:54:45 pm »
Didn't say it was from the article it's said they expect it to be mandatory by October 1

If they were going to do it, this was always going to be the date, as it was said that by 30th September everyone over 18 would land been offered both doses of a vaccine

Remain sceptical rise they'll do it. But united appear to be planning for it
i never said you did, my point was this weekend it's not mandatory so if someone doesn't have proof of vaccination what are they going to do?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 6, 2021, 11:55:47 pm »

yeah of course but that doesn't seem very smart, until it's law unless the club specifically state you need it for entrance I'm not sure they can stop it

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: September 6, 2021, 11:56:38 pm »
yeah spot checks on turnstiles are not the answer to this, online verification has to be the way, imagine in person checks at Anfield given the ticket situation?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: September 7, 2021, 07:31:18 am »
yeah of course but that doesn't seem very smart, until it's law unless the club specifically state you need it for entrance I'm not sure they can stop it

you're a trespasser. doubt stewards have the capacity or willpower to enforce it, but if people start forcing their way in i imagine it's not too difficult to know who got in.

but the likes of Neville etc are being pretty anti it so again, talking hypotheticals, i think they're just trying to push some more of their fans to get jabbed in preparation of it potentially being mandatory.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 7, 2021, 07:37:18 am »
you're a trespasser. doubt stewards have the capacity or willpower to enforce it, but if people start forcing their way in i imagine it's not too difficult to know who got in.

but the likes of Neville etc are being pretty anti it so again, talking hypotheticals, i think they're just trying to push some more of their fans to get jabbed in preparation of it potentially being mandatory.
it's a grey area and I'm not sure why United are even bothering with it, maybe they think turnstile checks will be the way to enforce it once it becomes law?

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #149 on: September 7, 2021, 07:57:32 am »

pretty sure people get banning orders for that if they run on a pitch for example, thats trespassing in the ground in an area you're not allowed

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #150 on: September 7, 2021, 07:57:48 am »
it's a grey area and I'm not sure why United are even bothering with it, maybe they think turnstile checks will be the way to enforce it once it becomes law?

prepping for oct 1st

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 7, 2021, 08:08:08 am »
i never said you did, my point was this weekend it's not mandatory so if someone doesn't have proof of vaccination what are they going to do?

They said that they're going to do nothing and you'd still be allowed in, personally think it's more to get into everybody's heads that it's more than likely coming.

yeah spot checks on turnstiles are not the answer to this, online verification has to be the way, imagine in person checks at Anfield given the ticket situation?

Think it will online verification, how that's technically done and administered by football clubs, we know how poor at anything technical LFC are, is anybody's guess

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 7, 2021, 09:26:15 am »

i'm not really sure it's a grey area to be honest, although would be interesting to see if it were taken to court (specifically this weekend, not once it's mandatory).

i can't imagine any clubs would want to be hiring additional stewards to check peoples' vaccine status but also I'm not sure there are appropriate facilities at the moment to certify your vaccine status online. if it's a check at the door i'm gonna get into the ground 2 hours early  ;D

i believe in some US states their vaccine certifications are done on a state level via third party companies who link-in to events (sports/music). others just need a check at the door which has been easy enough for people to circumvent.
YNWA.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 7, 2021, 09:28:45 am »

Agreed

Went to a festival last week and COVID pass was a condition of entry... the people checking on minimum wage couldn't have given less of a shit

Really feel for them as they will take the brunt of people kicking off

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: September 7, 2021, 12:29:38 pm »
i'm not really sure it's a grey area to be honest, although would be interesting to see if it were taken to court (specifically this weekend, not once it's mandatory).

i can't imagine any clubs would want to be hiring additional stewards to check peoples' vaccine status but also I'm not sure there are appropriate facilities at the moment to certify your vaccine status online. if it's a check at the door i'm gonna get into the ground 2 hours early  ;D

i believe in some US states their vaccine certifications are done on a state level via third party companies who link-in to events (sports/music). others just need a check at the door which has been easy enough for people to circumvent.
obviously once its mandatory there's no grey area you won't be allowed in but this weekend it's not in conditions of buying a ticket, if someone is refused entry because they can't produce proof of vaccine its definitely grey area, I do think it's probably just potential practice for once it is, maybe they'll just be told in future you'll need. If its check on door it'll be calamity at Anfield. A 2nd checkpoint like at the Euros is also pretty much a non-starter so I'm not really sure how it can be done in person

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: September 7, 2021, 02:03:39 pm »
obviously once its mandatory there's no grey area you won't be allowed in but this weekend it's not in conditions of buying a ticket, if someone is refused entry because they can't produce proof of vaccine its definitely grey area, I do think it's probably just potential practice for once it is, maybe they'll just be told in future you'll need. If its check on door it'll be calamity at Anfield. A 2nd checkpoint like at the Euros is also pretty much a non-starter so I'm not really sure how it can be done in person

they very loosely refer to the 'ground regulations' (or something similar) which also allows those terms to be changed from time to time (e.g. to accommodate new rules). so regardless of when you bought your ticket, there's always an 'out' really for the club, imo.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: September 7, 2021, 03:09:53 pm »
they very loosely refer to the 'ground regulations' (or something similar) which also allows those terms to be changed from time to time (e.g. to accommodate new rules). so regardless of when you bought your ticket, there's always an 'out' really for the club, imo.
jesus I see, anyway like I said I don't think they'll stop anyone this weekend

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #157 on: September 7, 2021, 05:23:49 pm »
Are we meant to have proof of vaccine for Elland Road then? Missed that if so
We are a team of one half.

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #158 on: September 7, 2021, 06:56:36 pm »
Brentford trialling vaccination spot checks as well in preparation for 1st October

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2021/september/important-supporter-information-are-you-match-ready/

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: September 7, 2021, 07:04:36 pm »
Are we meant to have proof of vaccine for Elland Road then? Missed that if so

doesn't seem so so far. will be a double headache trying to manually check away fans as well.

feel really bad for stewards and no doubt the government are offering no additional support
YNWA.