Author Topic: Your online LFC Fan Card / Member Card Account Number account(s) – please read  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Anyone else had this email:

This email contains important information about personal data contained within Fan Card / Member Card Number account(s) associated with your email address

We have become aware of unauthorised access to a Liverpool Football Club staff account by what we believe to be a malicious person or group. Our security team has been working with external experts to investigate this incident and confirm our systems are secure.  We are also liaising with the police and the Information Commissioner's Office.

We have no indication that anyone has accessed any personal information contained within Fan Card / Members Card Number account(s) associated with your email address.  But it is technically possible that they could have accessed a record containing personal information as it was known to us in 2012 (namely: name, gender, date of birth, address, daytime telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address, membership number and online ticketing password). 
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've had it too
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Anyone else had this email:

This email contains important information about personal data contained within Fan Card / Member Card Number account(s) associated with your email address

We have become aware of unauthorised access to a Liverpool Football Club staff account by what we believe to be a malicious person or group. Our security team has been working with external experts to investigate this incident and confirm our systems are secure.  We are also liaising with the police and the Information Commissioner's Office.

We have no indication that anyone has accessed any personal information contained within Fan Card / Members Card Number account(s) associated with your email address.  But it is technically possible that they could have accessed a record containing personal information as it was known to us in 2012 (namely: name, gender, date of birth, address, daytime telephone number, mobile telephone number, email address, membership number and online ticketing password). 

too much to ask that these hackers are going to enter the sales with my details? ;D

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
Had it as well and changed the password.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
The worry would be if they got your email and password and then tried it on sites like amazon etc in case it was the same.

Offline Panther

• Boys Pen
Had it too

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The worry would be if they got your email and password and then tried it on sites like amazon etc in case it was the same.

Mine is still the password I was given when I signed up years ago, so good luck to them if they have got that.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
I’ve had the email too.

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
I got it too - have changed the passwords on our accounts now

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Yep got this too, wasn't sure if it was some sort of scam, but does seem to be an issue, so have reset as advised.

Hopefully no credit card details exposed  :(

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
Mine is still the password I was given when I signed up years ago, so good luck to them if they have got that.

Mine too.  ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
the bit about 2012 is weird, have the nicked a backup or something?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Went to change it, 'You password does not meet the requirements' - no sign of any requirements lads, and yes, it does say 'you' and and not 'your' ;D

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan

And was the password stored in plain text? Surely they would have one way encryption.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
And was the password stored in plain text? Surely they would have one way encryption.

Ha, true. Oh I wonder if it's GDPR, they might've been storing them on bits of paper in someone's drawer and they've now realised they needed to get rid.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Maybe they binned an old server and realised the data was still on there.

Went to change it, 'You password does not meet the requirements' - no sign of any requirements lads, and yes, it does say 'you' and and not 'your' ;D

It only takes letters and numbers, no special characters. It only came up with that once my password was 'too long'. Thinking the lost old data is the least of their problems. ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline shaneynwa

• Main Stander
I just got a similar e-mail from Curry/PC World so looks like its not just LFC taking the precaution.....

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Tried to reset my password, as I am locked out of my account, no email received with link to reset, not in junk or spam either, phoned ticket office and all they said to try and do is go onto the members bit and go into my account to change the email.
Can’t get in that way either so I am stuck, can’t acces my account at all !

Oh yeah, never received an email when I signed up for acs this season and nothing received for the tickets in the bulk sales either !

Any ideas anyone ?
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Tried to reset my password, as I am locked out of my account, no email received with link to reset, not in junk or spam either, phoned ticket office and all they said to try and do is go onto the members bit and go into my account to change the email.
Can’t get in that way either so I am stuck, can’t acces my account at all !

Oh yeah, never received an email when I signed up for acs this season and nothing received for the tickets in the bulk sales either !

Any ideas anyone ?

Sounds like someone has changed the email address on your account?

Firstly, I'd just check on one of the linked accounts that your bulk purchases went through OK. It will show on the little 'i' icon on their purchase history.

Then, the club will need to check what email address is registered. They seem to have fobbed you off there mate.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Sounds like someone has changed the email address on your account?

Firstly, I'd just check on one of the linked accounts that your bulk purchases went through OK. It will show on the little 'i' icon on their purchase history.

Then, the club will need to check what email address is registered. They seem to have fobbed you off there mate.

Hi Stoz, yeah thought that myself. Just been to the window and the lad changed it to my work email and the link has came through, so all sorted thankfully 👍🏼
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
Right, late to clock onto this. Just tried to log in to check where I was siting tomorrow. My mate got the tickets for Brighton in the local sale. It wouldn't let me log in to the site using the same password I have had for something like 10 years. I checked my emails and my email informing me about this had gone into my spam.

Good job I was just checking now, had I tried to log on to complete a sale and my password wasn't working I would be seriously shitting one. I feel the club should have maybe done something more than send one e-mail telling you that they had reset your password. I bet there are more than a few people in my position. Thinking particularly those people who only log into there account once or twice a year - maybe for the bulk sale?
Ah just glad I noticed it when I did!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wonder if someone was trying to hack their way to full home and away credits  ;D
YNWA.

Offline ballyhalbertred

• Kemlynite
Just tried to log in now and get the error message:
There has been a problem retrieving your login details, please try later

Anyone else getting this? Same for mine and my dad's membership

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
I can log in fine.

But I did change my password a few weeks back

Offline ballyhalbertred

• Kemlynite
yeah called the ticket office - think its down to not changing passwords a while back when the first mail came out

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
Just tried to log in now and get the error message:
There has been a problem retrieving your login details, please try later

Anyone else getting this? Same for mine and my dad's membership

Yeah happened to me the other day (see prev post). Seriously freaked me out!

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
LFC Account(s) – Urgent Action Required
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2018, 03:02:47 pm »
I've received an email entitled the above.  It says that I need to change my password for all accounts associated with my email address.  It then shows a couple of part fancard numbers which don't seem to be mine.  I've logged in on my numbers and all seems ok.

The email says:
•   PLEASE NOTE - IN ORDER TO BUY DURING THE UPCOMING MEMBERS' TICKET SALE, YOU SHOULD CHOOSE A NEW PASSWORD BEFORE THE SALE BEGINS SO THAT YOU CAN APPLY FOR TICKETS AS SOON AS THE SALE OPENS AND AVOID ANY ISSUES LOGGING IN.

PS.  It wasn't that long ago that I changed all the key passwords for the accounts, although one account I don't have the logon details for.  I want to ignore the email but it scares me a little.

Offline anfieldash

• Kopite
Re: LFC Account(s) – Urgent Action Required
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2018, 03:37:14 pm »
It's identical to an email in mid-August except then they had already cleared all passwords, so it looks genuine. I have already re-set our accounts twice, but I've just done it again. They are clearly having major problems with this issue.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2018, 04:46:57 pm »
What puzzles me the most is that the two fancard numbers at the bottom of the email aren't mine? 

Offline arhey

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2018, 06:41:03 am »
also got this, and didn't recognise the number at the bottom but then realised it was my wife's card. To be safe, logged into the site and checked and all seems fine.

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2018, 07:51:28 am »
My sister’s received one but the number at the bottom of the email isn’t one of ours.  Checked all accounts, all ok

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2018, 02:02:28 pm »
The number at the bottom didn't make any sense in my e-mail, don't have a number like this under friends and family.