Author Topic: The NON-FOOTBALL BETS thread  (Read 273719 times)

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Re: The NON-FOOTBALL BETS thread
« Reply #2960 on: January 18, 2016, 02:04:12 am »
Cruz to beat Dillashaw in the UFC @13/10

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2961 on: January 19, 2016, 01:03:05 am »
All over GSW against the Cavs at 23/10.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2962 on: January 19, 2016, 01:47:09 pm »
All over GSW against the Cavs at 23/10.

Where on Earth did you get bigger than 2/1 on a team that've lost 4 games all season?!  :o
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 07:09:20 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2963 on: January 20, 2016, 03:17:11 am »
Where on Earth did you get bigger than 2/1 on a team that've lost 4 games all season?!  :o

Cavs were something like 10/23 favorites. The Cavs were at home and GSW had lost two of their last three so it made sense when you look at it like that, I think the Cavs had only lost one of the last dozen or so as well. Was with William Hill mate but all firms had the Cavs as strong favorites.

4th ODI shortly between Australia and India. India batting first have went over the over/under each time but have failed to go on and make a massive score as Australia have chased down their scores pretty easily. Australia bat first tonight and the series is over at 3-0 in a best of 5. Part of me thinks that the Aussies are capable scoring 350 plus. What motivation will the Indians have knowing the series is over? The Aussies are a ruthless bunch as well so there will be no pity on their side. I thought India would win the third ODI because the powers that be would want more interest in this which is a dead rubber but I was wrong on that.

It's a cloudy but humid day in Canberra but the pitch is extremely flat. The over/under total starts at 325! I did not think it would be that high. That's big and quite off putting but it should be a high scoring game. I won't touch that but I'll go for over 350 at 3/1 and a speculative bet of them hitting 400 at 16/1.

If the Aussies don't get off to a flyer and the line comes down to near 300 I'll pile in then but 325 at 10/11 is a mugs bet so just a bit of money on it being considerably higher than that.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2964 on: January 20, 2016, 06:57:01 am »
Ah well. A stunning catch at the end to prevent the 350, they fall 2 short. It would be something for India to chase this down but I'll have a dabble for interest at 9/2. They should be bigger than that really.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2965 on: January 20, 2016, 01:14:48 pm »
Ah well. A stunning catch at the end to prevent the 350, they fall 2 short. It would be something for India to chase this down but I'll have a dabble for interest at 9/2. They should be bigger than that really.

Unlucky mate - I got in the car on my way home from footy and I think maybe the 2nd wicket had just gone down, apparently India were still in control, but then collapsed...
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2966 on: January 20, 2016, 01:17:49 pm »
Yeah they were well in control and threw it away, it looked all over bar the shouting at one point that's how comfortable India were. Ah well!

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2967 on: January 24, 2016, 09:19:26 pm »
Wrestling tonight.

Roman Reigns to break the most elimations and longest time in ring records @10/1

Very lucky, price has just dropped to 9/2.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 09:24:42 pm by Anywhichwayucan »

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #2968 on: January 28, 2016, 04:33:01 pm »
With the 6 nations starting next weekend I'm looking into some specials over the next couple of days.

What do people like to back in rugby on the whole?! Enjoyed and won a bit on the World Cup so hoping to do so again with 6 nations.

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #2969 on: January 28, 2016, 05:18:50 pm »
With the 6 nations starting next weekend I'm looking into some specials over the next couple of days.

What do people like to back in rugby on the whole?! Enjoyed and won a bit on the World Cup so hoping to do so again with 6 nations.

England outright w/o Ireland at 11/10 is a steal in my eyes. Will look into fixtures again in depth later, but looks good to me. See England winning it, only way they mightn't is if Ireland win in Twickenham (which won't happen) but the bet allows cover for that.
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2970 on: January 28, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »
I've backed France to win it @6/1 and Grand Slam @10/1.

Also on Wales @13/8 against Ireland. We're going to get annihilated. Also back them to win the Triple Crown @13/2.

Also a bit on Ireland to finish in bottom two @8/1

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: January 29, 2016, 09:11:16 pm »
Who will be kicking for England then Ford or Farrell?!

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2972 on: January 29, 2016, 09:47:46 pm »
I tell you what, you'll find much worse 4/1 shots than the Houston Rockets at OKC in a bit later on. This game should be a shootout, two teams who put up a lot of points and don't really do defence (the over/under is 222). The Brooklyn Nets beat OKC a few games back and the Timberwolves ran them close in their last game, OKC prevailed 126-123.

I think this game goes over 222 so I'll be having some of that but the Rockets to win @ 4/1 is a great value play in a game that should be a high scoring one.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2973 on: January 29, 2016, 11:14:38 pm »
Taken a few bets on Williams tomorrow AM:

Williams to be 2-0 up in 1st set @ 2/1
Williams to win 2-0 @ 4/5
Williams not to loose her serve @ 5/2
Williams to win 2-0, have most Aces & least double faults @ 11/10

Think Williams will completely overpower Kerber tomorrow and these are some of the better prices out there to reflect this

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
« Reply #2974 on: February 1, 2016, 11:04:17 am »
I've backed France to win it @6/1 and Grand Slam @10/1.

Also on Wales @13/8 against Ireland. We're going to get annihilated. Also back them to win the Triple Crown @13/2.

Also a bit on Ireland to finish in bottom two @8/1

What makes you think that? England sides are flying in Europe at the moment.

England will be a wounded beast after being embarrassingly knocked out at the group stages of a home RWC. England have a solid pack and some lightening fast backs. They also have the pick of the fixtures in my eyes: Home to Ireland and Wales. England have to play away to France in the last game but they could potentially have the tournament won at that stage if they win away to Italy and Scotland and the two aformentioned home games. I fancy Ireland to beat Wales in Dublin and Wales to beat France in Cardiff. France have to travel to both Scotland and Wales, I find it hard to believe they will win both of them.

Ireland are away to both France and England which would be a big ask to win either of those, let alone both. Wales away to Ireland and England, same as.
England @ 11/8 without France. England @ 11/10 w/o Ireland.

The dual forecast of England/France is available @ 11/2, while straight forecast of England 1st, France 2nd is @9/1.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 11:13:40 am by xRedmanLFCx »
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2975 on: February 3, 2016, 01:32:18 am »
Late getting in here so missed the opening markets on the New Zealand/Australia ODI. NZ off to a flyer here, this is a 350 pitch I think. They are 2/1 in play to get that and while the value has certainly gone with the good start (would have been double that at least at the opening) I'll have some on it for some interest. A speculative over 380 at 15/2.

Edit: That's why you should never bet after missing the value :D.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2016, 02:01:11 am by Fiasco »

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: February 3, 2016, 03:43:04 pm »
Some pre-tournament specials I like the look of (Six Nations):

Owen Farrell to be top points scorer @ 16/1 The value here is what sold me on this one, I don't know if him or ford will do most of the kicking but, he capable of scoring tries aswell especially playing at 12 could chip in with some 5 points aswell!

Ford To be top points scorer @ 9/1 Again same as above not sure how much he will kick, but can rack up the points, with England's toughest games being at home, would expect them to learn from World Cup mistakes and take points when offered.

Greg Laidlow top points scorer @ 10/1 Had a fantastic World Cup for Scotland, 79 points in 5 matches, closest six nations player Dan Biggar 56 points from 4 matches. As ever though in the six nations will Scotland live up to there hype!

The post or bar to be hit by a conversion/penalty/drop goal in all of the opening 3 matches @ 150/1 This was one of my favourite markets during the World Cup, Biggest money maker of World Cup for me, kickers taking more chances/weather etc all play a part bit of fun bet but @ 150/1 couldn't say no!

Once teams confirmed will look more into weekends matches

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #2977 on: February 4, 2016, 03:19:29 pm »
Any enhancements on the darts tonight?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2978 on: February 5, 2016, 06:13:04 pm »
the woodwork bet above is a great price!! Only 20/1 on skybet

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2979 on: February 5, 2016, 09:56:06 pm »
Where was this mate? Loved this market in the World Cup.

I asked betfred on Twitter few days back for this and they put it up, doesn't seem to be there anymore though! Go to rugby>Six nations>Specials only 1 there now!

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2980 on: February 6, 2016, 02:23:08 pm »
Vakatawa/Watson/Earls all to score this weekend @ 30/1

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: February 7, 2016, 02:38:49 pm »
Few dabbles on this Ireland Vs Wales Game:

Dan Biggar to kick a drop kick @ 10/3 - Skybet

Both Biggar & Sexton to score a drop kick @ 16/1 - Betfred

Biggar & Sexton both to score over 10.5 points @ 7/2 - Betfred

Both teams to score a try, a drop goal to be scored and the post/bar to be hit by any kick @ 20/1 - Betfred

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #2982 on: February 7, 2016, 04:33:44 pm »
Any superbowl bets?

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #2983 on: February 7, 2016, 07:06:42 pm »
Lady Gaga to omit a word from the American national anthem at 17/2 with Paddy Power.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #2984 on: February 7, 2016, 07:23:16 pm »
Lady Gaga to omit a word from the American national anthem at 17/2 with Paddy Power.

Random, does she not know the words?

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #2985 on: February 7, 2016, 07:26:17 pm »
Random, does she not know the words?

Just a strange bet for a very strange 'lady'

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2986 on: February 7, 2016, 08:13:56 pm »
Viva la Vida to be Coldplay's opening song in the halftime show. Slapped £40 on at 5/2 after a tip off from somebody from Sky.
Nah.

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2987 on: February 7, 2016, 08:14:33 pm »
£40 being the maximum bet on William Hill in this market...
Nah.

Offline markay_stinkay

• Legacy Fan
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Bet £50, get £50 free
« Reply #2988 on: February 7, 2016, 08:18:07 pm »
Peyton Manning looks a decent bet for MVP at 4/1 considering the Broncos are 19/10. 7 of the last 9 MVPs have been quarterbacks and Manning won it the only time he won the Super Bowl in 2007 29 - 17.

Also from what I gather both sides have really good defences, hence the 5.5 touchdown line, and heard one former pro suggest they'll be under 3. Happy to have a go on 25s for just 1 and 80s for 0.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2989 on: February 7, 2016, 08:50:24 pm »
Had a few bob on Carolina at 9/2 but one bet has cropped up I like and IMO well worth considering. problem is like the MVP bet you wont find out if you have won till near the end of the game,
Reading all the reports for updates on injuries the other day. one report at first amused me, how the Carolina Panthers have kept up a superstitious match day routine.
Every match day they've kept to the same foods and dressed the same etc, they say they wont change anything while there on this run.
Theres always a Gatorade bath celebration near the end of the Superbowl.
They throw the large drink container over the coach a the end of the game, it's been going on for yrs now and it will no doubt happen to the winning coach of the Superbowl this year.
Carolina had a Gatorade celebration 2 weeks ago when they drenched there coach after wining the NFC championship game. if you watch the replay you can clearly see it's orange juice. got to thinking ,if there saying they wont change anything then I imagine they will keep the same drink in the gatorade, it's must be what they prefer anyway,so why change now when there in the Superbowl.
  WH are laying bets on the colour of the gatorade drink. 11/10 from 5/4 for Orange.
When you consider your getting 11/10 when Carolina are around 4/9 to win and the fact that Denver may even use Orange drink as well to drench the coach if they win. then 11/10 is a great bet on what seems at first glance seems something random and  trivial.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2016, 08:52:01 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2990 on: February 7, 2016, 09:38:27 pm »
Viva la Vida to be Coldplay's opening song in the halftime show. Slapped £40 on at 5/2 after a tip off from somebody from Sky.

Already down to @ 1/2, missed this shout!

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #2991 on: February 7, 2016, 09:49:25 pm »
Had a few bob on Carolina at 9/2

How have you got that? Or is it on the handicap?

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: February 7, 2016, 09:51:45 pm »
Ted Ginn Jr to score a TD at nearly 2/1 any good?

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: February 7, 2016, 09:52:08 pm »
I'd want more than 5/2 to stay awake just to watch fucking Coldplay

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: February 7, 2016, 10:09:36 pm »
I'd want more than 5/2 to stay awake just to watch fucking Coldplay
:lmao :lmao
Too late .best price available is 6/4 now as there playing more than one song.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2995 on: February 7, 2016, 10:12:26 pm »
How have you got that? Or is it on the handicap?
Took it just before play offs began.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2996 on: February 7, 2016, 10:56:26 pm »
Most people seem to be fancying the under. I'd probably agree with that, I can't see too many touchdowns.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2997 on: February 7, 2016, 10:57:45 pm »
Most people seem to be fancying the under. I'd probably agree with that, I can't see too many touchdowns.

It's a watch and see as far as points go for me, I think as the game goes on the less likely points are to be scored. Always have to be wary about Carolina coming out firing.

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2998 on: February 7, 2016, 11:01:30 pm »
It's a watch and see as far as points go for me, I think as the game goes on the less likely points are to be scored. Always have to be wary about Carolina coming out firing.

Yep. The first quarter will be a good indicator. If the Panthers score a couple of TD's then you feel that the Broncos will have to go really aggressive of offense to make up for it. That way they run the risk of a pick 6 or they'll be successful and it could be 14-14 with not much time off the clock.

On the other hand there might not be a touchdown until the second quarter in a cagey game where the defences are on top. It's hard to call but I can see a really tight affair.

One side will now win 52-47 :D.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2999 on: February 7, 2016, 11:09:04 pm »
Yep. The first quarter will be a good indicator. If the Panthers score a couple of TD's then you feel that the Broncos will have to go really aggressive of offense to make up for it. That way they run the risk of a pick 6 or they'll be successful and it could be 14-14 with not much time off the clock.

On the other hand there might not be a touchdown until the second quarter in a cagey game where the defences are on top. It's hard to call but I can see a really tight affair.

One side will now win 52-47 :D.

Finding it hard to call this one as I can see it being a really low scoring game or I can see Carolina winning by a mile. Probably just going to go for Ted Ginn to score and that's about it. Just going to enjoy the game, I always struggle to bet on unders as I prefer rooting for good offence over good defence. Good luck with whatever you go with!