Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Fromola on Today at 07:51:02 am »
Is there a worse one than McManaman? My God the bitterness when he speaks about us. Also uses Rob Jones as a stick to beat us with Jones not getting a contact due to his injuries, basically the club look after number one. He was our player of the decade imo (others may say Fowler, but it was McManaman who ran the show for us, "stop him, stop us" was basically the tactic by the opposition), and yet it's as though he is a stranger to us. You never really see him spoken fondly off or feature in any lists of great players. The split clearly was acrimonious and I'm convinced some have forgot just how incredible he was for us. His R.Madrid years being great are a myth, as he was a pale shadow of what he was for us. Remember watching him alot and he would pass the ball off quickly rather than do one of those mazy dribbles he so frequently did here. He played within himself at Madrid (being a foreigner and being surrounded by Raul, Redondo, Figo etc. of course meant he was no longer the main man,  but he looked inhibited whenever I watched). Great goal in the first final he played in mind.

Yeah, he was incredible in the 90s in what were inadequate teams. Him and Fowler carried us. Fowler himself is an ex-player who isn't bitter but he did come back second time around and got his send off that way. He was very bitter to Houllier for years.

Even Carragher is bitter and he stayed in the team at least 5 years too long and conned us out of that contract. Players always think they should go on forever and aren't prepared for a reduced role - as soon as he was no longer a guaranteed starter he saw his arse. To be fair to Gary Neville, he at least held his hands up when his time was up and called it a day himself.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Our fantastic away support
« Last post by Pata on Today at 07:49:42 am »
Not having a go at you but the term ‘lost the dressing room’ has to be one of the most inane phrases in football :lmao

But no, I highly doubt it. Althogh maybe an arugment could be made to the fact he hasn’t seemed his same engaged self at times in the last month and has looked like a man who can’t wait to get out at times, maybe that rubs off on the players too.

Have you ever left a job and tried to work a longer-term notice? Even if you have all the best intentions of seeing the big project through, doing a good handover for the new person in your role, etc, and some point you really stop caring. Their future is not your future any more, and your work motivation will drop. Maybe something a bit similar is going on, maybe not even with Klopp himself, but a lot of the coaches are also leaving. And there could be some sort of mirror effect on the players - why buy into everything your boss says, if he's not going to be your boss for much longer.
The Everton game where the ref gave a foul and then the exact same foul on Mac he waved play on. We aren't refed in the same way.

Away from home, the ref favours the away team and at Anfield, the ref wants to prove he isn't swayed by the crowd.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by decosabute on Today at 07:45:44 am »
It’s literally nothing.

What about when KDB mouthed off at Pep? Was that even news ? I doubt it but then we are massive.

Why do people keep drawing false comparisons and equivalence between what Salah did yesterday and other examples of players being subbed OFF? They're different situations.

Players subbed off have their blood pumping and feel they could and should do better and stay on the field. No one kicks off in the same way about them because those reactions are understandable and common. Milner did it, Henderson did it, Mane did it, Trent did it, Salah has done it numerous times. No problem. It also usually happens with players who have been in form so find it hard to accept they could be pulled out of a game.

What Salah did yesterday though is act like a disrespectful gobshite when he's being called upon to come in. He's been deservedly dropped and should be sitting on the bench thinking about how he's going to show the manager with his performance. But instead he's just sulking and not even shaking his hand. It's not acceptable, it's not the same as other examples you're drawing upon and please stop making the comparison over and over.

I swear to God it's only on RAWK where I think this is even a debate. Salah was so out of line but there'll always be people on here who'll attempt to justify anything.

In time I'll probably only remember the good moments with Salah, but right now I'm fuming with the guy. A joke on the pitch for 6 weeks and now he reacts like this? So out of order and I'd be happy enough if he went.
Like many here, have tried to convince myself that this new era is going to be amazing because our owners would never do the wrong thing or make a mistake. My mind though is changing daily ...

The boss knew the club would need to find a replacement swiftly, but perhaps, at least judging by his reaction yesterday, the manner and means of doing so have not impressed Klopp whatsoever. Didn't seem at all impressed by the news himself and can see why. While it has not been dragged out too long, the process smacked of cheap sideshow to an important end of season run, in which we have now spectacularly imploded.

The usual cheap ass budget will re-surface and will leave the same old problems, like not plugging obvious gaps, if previous history tells us anything.

Klopp isn't stupid. He must have known we would look for a new manager during the season and once that happened sources would leak approaches to potential candidates to the press. Personally, I think this collapse has most down to injuries. The injuries have meant more of the fringe/kids have had to play more than usual (on top of UEFA) and they aren't used to that amount of football so are knackered this has coincided with returning players who are short of match fitness and rhythm and the two crossing over has resulted in a huge loss of form. It was a perfect storm to scuppoer our title challenge.
Another decent ref in tonight’s Championship game. Far better than the PL shite
It makes no difference if they're a decent Referee's in the Championship, I remember when Oliver and a few others started refereeing in the Premier League they were decent officials, but it's when they're promoted and the PGMOL and their Cronies get their corrupt claws into them they to become corrupted and it stinks mate.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by spider-neil on Today at 07:36:32 am »
I really hope the new manager takes Trent out of the right back slot. Let him influence games in midfield.
Like many here, have tried to convince myself that this new era is going to be amazing because our owners would never do the wrong thing or make a mistake. My mind though is changing daily ...

The boss knew the club would need to find a replacement swiftly, but perhaps, at least judging by his reaction yesterday, the manner and means of doing so have not impressed Klopp whatsoever. Didn't seem at all impressed by the news himself and can see why. While it has not been dragged out too long, the process smacked of cheap sideshow to an important end of season run, in which we have now spectacularly imploded.

The usual cheap ass budget will re-surface and will leave the same old problems, like not plugging obvious gaps, if previous history tells us anything.

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by RedG13 on Today at 07:33:32 am »
It's strikers who end up getting the majority of 0.27 chances (strikers shoot more) so the 0.27 number is calculated mostly on the basis of how strikers have finished from that position.
No it from all players getting it. Opta has at it .17 which makes sense for a header like 10 yards out where the player reaching for it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10