Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1068789 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #14680 on: December 12, 2020, 03:58:51 pm »
Dortmund  ::)

I been loyally watching the Freiburg game too  ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14681 on: December 12, 2020, 03:59:23 pm »
I wouldn't have minded Dortmund finishing 2nd in their Champions League group and drawing them. Of course they're a lot different with Haaland playing, but defensively they've been porous since even before Klopp left them
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14682 on: December 12, 2020, 04:00:24 pm »
Stuttgart sporting director Sven Mislintat will be enjoyng this especially right now  :P

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14683 on: December 12, 2020, 04:03:51 pm »
Has to be said Sancho has been complete garbage since like April.
Maybe they should've cashed on him, now Utd won't even bid what they did before.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14684 on: December 12, 2020, 04:08:31 pm »
Has to be said Sancho has been complete garbage since like April.
Maybe they should've cashed on him, now Utd won't even bid what they did before.

Man Utd where messing about though, that was the issue, that they where trying to do that boring thing they do and drag things out for months, and Dortmund wouldn’t put up with their disruptive nonsense.

Dortmund will still get a good fee for him. Someone just needs to actually be willing to pay up front.

Could be 5-1 or 4-2 at this point. Good save on Sancho.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14685 on: December 12, 2020, 04:15:45 pm »
Gio reyna is so special...please dont let him end up in Manchester. 4-2.

Oops, offside, counter attack...5-1
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 04:19:32 pm by b_joseph »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14686 on: December 12, 2020, 04:22:20 pm »
Embarrassing result for Dortmund.  That's ridiculous.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14687 on: December 12, 2020, 04:23:59 pm »
I would like Sancho but Michael Edwards ain't paying them over a 100 mill for him.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14688 on: December 12, 2020, 04:28:47 pm »
No idea how Favre is still in charge at Dortmund.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #14689 on: December 12, 2020, 04:30:49 pm »
We’ve known for a while that Mats Hummels has slowed down even further, but the Dortmund high line does him no favours, particularly when confronted by the pace of Stuttgart. Gonzales is 22, hmmm....
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14690 on: December 12, 2020, 04:36:16 pm »
My word, just seen the score. Surely he's gone?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 04:42:39 pm by FlashinGxmastreelightsGordon »
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14691 on: December 12, 2020, 04:51:09 pm »
It is so poor from Dortmund, cos you look at the other teams around them who are doing better with less. I can’t stand Leipzig, and they have rich backing, so their story is not one of an underdog. But they still lost their best attacker in the summer, yet there they are. Leverkusen lost 2 of their best players in the summer too, yet are doing fantastically so far.

And to add to Dortmunds woes, I love the fact Peter Bosz is doing so well with Leverkusen   ;D 

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14692 on: December 12, 2020, 04:51:35 pm »
I know their dads played at City, but Reyna and Haaland, come to Liverpool instead!
King Kenny.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14693 on: December 12, 2020, 05:25:12 pm »
Does Fraud need to kill all the kittens and puppies in the world before he finally gets sacked?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14694 on: December 12, 2020, 07:25:48 pm »
Great work by FC Union today, 1-1 vs Bayern, although Union maybe should have won, that is how good how they where.

Bayer Leverkusen can go top tomorrow.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14695 on: December 12, 2020, 07:34:29 pm »
what a season Weghorst is having for Wolfsburg. hope he gets more respect and play for the Dutch team.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14696 on: December 13, 2020, 10:41:20 am »
watching extended highlights of Dortmund match, Stuttgart could have scored 10 goals easily imo. Also, they were denied that Hummels penalty which was a valid penalty imo.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14697 on: December 13, 2020, 12:58:19 pm »
what a season Weghorst is having for Wolfsburg. hope he gets more respect and play for the Dutch team.

He is doing great.

Does he play at all for the dutch team?  Cos he’d definately be an useful addition to that squad.

He is in his 3rd season at Wolfsburg now, and has just been consistantly good for them. Last season he hit 20 goals, and 18 the year before, and is well on his way to better his totals this season.

Shame the Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim game clashes a lot with ours today, that could be a decent one, Leverkusen on top form and flying, Hoffenheim doing pretty well too and play some nice stuff.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14698 on: December 13, 2020, 01:00:41 pm »
Weghorst will be unfashionable because of his physique. If he was scoring like this and was 6ft nothing he’d be talked about way more.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14699 on: December 13, 2020, 01:01:50 pm »
Weghorst will be unfashionable because of his physique. If he was scoring like this and was 6ft nothing he’d be talked about way more.

true, he certainly isn’t elegant  ;D

But he’s very effective, and consistantly so.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #14700 on: December 13, 2020, 01:18:14 pm »
Favre has got the bullet from Dortmund
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14701 on: December 13, 2020, 01:45:28 pm »
Can’t say it’s not deserved, that’s for sure. Edin Terzic will be at the helm until the end of the season.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14702 on: December 13, 2020, 01:55:25 pm »
Favre has got the bullet from Dortmund

Get the champagne.

Finally

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #14703 on: December 13, 2020, 02:14:49 pm »
Get the champagne.

Finally
They were probably waiting for David Wagner to become available #WilkommenZuhauseDavid  :P
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14704 on: December 13, 2020, 02:18:41 pm »
Jesse Marsch has been linked before, so I wonder if he’ll be approached.

I always thought he’d replace Nagelsmann at Leipzig when the latter leaves (presumably to the PL or to manage Bayern when Flick goes to the national team post-Euros or post-World Cup).

Had this managerial merry-go-round ready in my head but maybe Marsch will go to BVB instead.
King Kenny.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14705 on: December 13, 2020, 02:23:22 pm »
Reckon they’ll try and get Marco Rose.

Funny thing is, all these coaches are struggling with the heavy schedule though, Rose and Marsch are having trouble putting points on the board in the league before and after European games. even Hansi Flick is having a bit of a tough time considering the team he has.

So yeah, Favre has struggled and this result was the final straw - but he’s not been the only one having a tough time with the intense schedule this season.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14706 on: December 13, 2020, 02:37:01 pm »
Dortmund have confirmed Edin Terzić wll be head coach until the end of the season.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14707 on: December 13, 2020, 02:42:26 pm »
urghhhh scary moment in the Augsburg - Schalke game, Mark Uth knocked out cold, medics and para-medics rushing on to treat him  :-\

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14708 on: December 13, 2020, 04:04:44 pm »
Brett Favre jokes come to an end in the Bundesliga thread... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14709 on: December 13, 2020, 04:08:30 pm »
Come on Schalke!! They are actually winning!!!! 

There was 15 mins stoppage time at the end of the 1st half after that horrific injury to Mark Uth.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14710 on: December 13, 2020, 04:09:34 pm »
Reckon they’ll try and get Marco Rose.

Funny thing is, all these coaches are struggling with the heavy schedule though, Rose and Marsch are having trouble putting points on the board in the league before and after European games. even Hansi Flick is having a bit of a tough time considering the team he has.

So yeah, Favre has struggled and this result was the final straw - but he’s not been the only one having a tough time with the intense schedule this season.

Meh he should have been sacked a year ago. He's underperformed with a massively talented side at his disposal.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14711 on: December 13, 2020, 04:14:16 pm »
Meh he should have been sacked a year ago. He's underperformed with a massively talented side at his disposal.

not saying he shouldn’t have been  ;)

Just pointing out that it’s a struggle for a lot of teams at the moment, and the irony if you like, that some are clamouring for coaches who are finding it rather tough going at the moment themselves.

Favre took over a team in a bit of trouble though at Dortmund, initially he did well, but yeah he has underperformed with a really talented team the last 12 months.

I’ve little sympathy for Dortmund generally though, they are so frustarting. It’s why I’m rather enjoying the Peter Bosz show at Leverkusen this season so far.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14712 on: December 14, 2020, 03:51:07 pm »
Borussia Dortmund made contact with Marco Rose 'some time ago'. Gladbach are aware of the interest and are already looking for his successor. Talks had reached 'very far' before Lucien Favre was sacked. Julian Nagelsmann is not a target for #BVB [Ruhr Nachrichten]

Are you the source, DN?  ;D

Favre did manage Gladbach also.  Back to Gladbach to replace Rose?  :-X

Oooh, just realized that Rose was also at RB Salzburg.  Maybe Gladbach can replace him (if he goes to BVB) with Jesse Marsch.

Managerial carousel possibility #1:  Rose to BVB, Marsch to Gladbach
Managerial carousel possibility #2 (long-term):  Rose to BVB, Flick to the national team post-Euros/WC, Nagelsmann to Bayern, Marsch to Leipzig
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 03:56:51 pm by skipper757 »
King Kenny.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14713 on: December 14, 2020, 04:00:53 pm »
Marco Rose does have a release clause in his contract too from next summer, so if he wants to go to Dortmund - then it should be relatively easy. Be a damn shame for Gladbach but that’s football alas! Dortmund are financially able to offer Rose so much more on and off the pitch and would always have a far deeper squad to work with.

I think Gladbach have moved on from Favre, he didn’t leave them in a good way  ;D

But yeah I’d like to see Marsch make the move to German Bundesliga soon.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14714 on: December 14, 2020, 04:10:08 pm »
Marsch was moved to tears today in his press conference when talking about Houllier and his close relationship with him. Didn’t realize until today the influence and reach Ged had within the RB football world.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14715 on: December 14, 2020, 06:09:58 pm »
Marco Rose does have a release clause in his contract too from next summer, so if he wants to go to Dortmund - then it should be relatively easy. Be a damn shame for Gladbach but that’s football alas! Dortmund are financially able to offer Rose so much more on and off the pitch and would always have a far deeper squad to work with.

I think Gladbach have moved on from Favre, he didn’t leave them in a good way  ;D

But yeah I’d like to see Marsch make the move to German Bundesliga soon.

As would I, he's done impressively well so far, but Bundesliga would be an exponentially bigger challenge for a non-native, linguistically-challenged manager, never mind a Stateside one...

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14716 on: December 14, 2020, 06:13:00 pm »
As would I, he's done impressively well so far, but Bundesliga would be an exponentially bigger challenge for a non-native, linguistically-challenged manager, never mind a Stateside one...

I thought Marsch was a pretty good speaker of the German. I watched an interview with him on Salzburg's YT channel and it was extraordinary for somebody who's been there a year.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14717 on: December 14, 2020, 06:20:27 pm »
I thought Marsch was a pretty good speaker of the German. I watched an interview with him on Salzburg's YT channel and it was extraordinary for somebody who's been there a year.

I think he started learning as he knew he was coming over to Leipzig, then picked up more as he went along, so had had a good 3 years now of learning and picking up more and more. And actually, maybe he started learning even before? When after he joined the Red Bull football group, maybe he had an inkling that they’d like him to go over to Germany and Austria.

All the German clubs want someone who speaks the language obviously, but there’s been coaches who where not fluent - Favre beeing a prime example  :P Peter Bosz is another who wasn’t fluent.

Marsch would be more than fine.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #14718 on: December 14, 2020, 06:23:36 pm »

Don't disagree, he's made a tremendous effort.

Might be a stick for the German gutter press to beat him with should he be hired and not an immediate success. Never takes much for them to get started.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14719 on: December 14, 2020, 06:27:25 pm »

I would be worried about Marsch making the jump from Salzburg to Dortmund - I personally think that's too big of a leap given Dortmund's immense size and the pressure and expectations that come with the job. Would feel far better if the next step in his career was to a club like Monchengladbach. Well run, good foundation, good stature in the league and talent to work with. Plus a similar playing style to Rose so it wouldn't be a massive transition style-wise for the players. 

As mentioned above though, Marsch speaks German quite well, so that wouldn't be a stumbling block.