Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
De Zerbi is an overrated manager.
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April
« Last post by cdav on Today at 03:37:03 pm »
Dodgy offside that, came off the Arsenal player didn't it
Romero is too good for spurs. Probably a bit too mental for a top team though.
They’ve been fantastic a majority of the season but everything has gone their way - if they still don’t pip city this year (which I don’t think they will) after everything then they won’t ever
Like Platoon here with all the casualties

Acting isn't as good
I've praised Bradley and Mac over the last month so that's not entirely true is it? And I criticise players who aren't meeting standards.

Think that is only fair.

Same applies to opposition teams and players. I praise and criticise in a fair way. I call Utd for what they are, as I do the same with Arsenal.

Better than an outlook similar to yours in where every opposition team and player is lucky or/and shit.

You seem a bit twitchy since it went 1-3, you OK?
We let one slip by not getting him in to replace Firmino. It would have been a seamless transition. Instead we have a forward who can't trap a ball, presses ineffectively and lacks a football brain.

His goal and assist numbers would have been similar to what Nunez is putting up but we would have an actual footballer along with the numbers.

23/24

Havertz goals and assists per 90: 0.59
Havertz expected goals and assists per 90: 0.5

Nunez goals and assists per 90: 0.86
Nunez expected goals and assists per 90: 0.94

Figures are consistent across their careers.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Robinred on Today at 03:32:07 pm »
I think this thread should be re-named “Arsenal: Top of the blockers and shovers league”.
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April
« Last post by cdav on Today at 03:31:51 pm »
Like Platoon here with all the casualties
Agreed. I think we all have to keep in mind that he is just getting used to the pace of this league - he has all the potential in the world.

I wanted to ask you something. Is there any way Trent could work as the outside right of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1? It seems like a good idea to build around our best player and get the most out of him (though you could argue that Macca is our best player bar Allison). We'd want to minimize his defensive responsibilities as much as possible and stress his strengths. I know he'd have to defend from the front, but there would be a lot less pressure on him defensively up there.

If we add a strong DM, plus Bradley, it frees Macca to move up and shores up our right side in the back.

Yeah maybe
I like to have opinions... but honestly with Trent I don't know .. .what you've described might be the best shot - basically you're making him Beckham - but Beckham pressed like a dervish in his pomp.
I think its that or go back to 2019 play him as a nominally starting right back but whose often super high up the pitch with a right midfielder who fills in
He's such an unusual player and its been really complicated by his seeming unwillingness to defend at all these days
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10