Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4014493 times)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
Re: For all the auld arses.
« Reply #1320 on: February 4, 2009, 11:24:01 pm »
I think Torres looks a bit lost without Gerrard on the pitch and the wind went out of his sails when he went off a bit. That said, despite his goals against Chelsea, he doesn't look very comfortable. Poor body language, staying down after tackles longer than necessary. That was one of the things I loved about him at first - the way he took knocks and kicks and just got on with things - the hat-trick against Reading in the league cup anyone?

Ah well - I'm quite fortunate that most of my mates were there during Everton's glory days so they're pretty mellow about these rare occasions. Not that I'm looking forward to going the boozer with any of the twats on Friday though ;)

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1321 on: February 4, 2009, 11:27:25 pm »
FS and Gartonite, good posts lads, my view exactly. Fuck em. Onwards and upwards to Saturday, 1000 times more important.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1322 on: February 4, 2009, 11:28:22 pm »
It's a backs against the wall job definetely

PS... I like it like this
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #1323 on: February 4, 2009, 11:30:21 pm »
Put  the wagons in a circle. Better still, lets twat the bastards.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1324 on: February 4, 2009, 11:33:40 pm »
I think Torres looks a bit lost without Gerrard on the pitch and the wind went out of his sails when he went off a bit.
Spot on.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1325 on: February 4, 2009, 11:37:18 pm »
Spot on.
Not too sure about that Terry as I said, the lad looked like he was running through treacle. But either way it doesnt' bode good. Not knee jerking mate, just crying them home
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1326 on: February 4, 2009, 11:41:35 pm »
Off to watch the highlights

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1327 on: February 4, 2009, 11:42:45 pm »
Off to watch the highlights

See you in thirty seconds :wave

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1328 on: February 4, 2009, 11:50:03 pm »
Not too sure about that Terry as I said, the lad looked like he was running through treacle. But either way it doesnt' bode good. Not knee jerking mate, just crying them home
Aye, I know what you mean Fats. I just think if Gerrard hadn't have got injured, Torres might have had a few chances to kill them off. But that's by the by now. Onwards and upwards to the fridge..

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1329 on: February 5, 2009, 12:42:32 am »
in the future they will post about socks in this thread and the whipper snappers will be green with envy :D

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1330 on: February 5, 2009, 02:47:21 am »
Not one bit bothered about that result. The only thing that would bother me about it is the energy expended on 2 worthless games. Would have rather just gave it to the C..un..ts. Bit worried about Torres. But I played long enough to know that you run out of steam on a come back. So, I think that's all it was. Surely they'd have had him off straight away if it was any worse.
Don't even want to think about Gerrard yet, just hoping the lad will be alright. And I also reckon only fighting on 2 fronts will be better for us. Always sick to lose any game like and, especially against them bastards. And of course, it would have been nice to keep the momentum from the Chelsea game going. But we need to put this behind us now and go on a run. We are due one.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1331 on: February 5, 2009, 03:00:05 am »
I said before the game that it would take something odd to happen for them to beat us because in footballing terms they can't do anything different. So it turned out and that's what makes the defeat harder to take.

Shite team, shite fans, shite ground , shite result.

Am I bothered.........too fucking right I am.
Have I got the rest of an eventful season to look forward to............too right.
Is there a chance of whatever else that can happen actually happening.........too right there is.

Would I have it any other way.........nahhhh, where's the fun in that.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1332 on: February 5, 2009, 03:03:55 am »
Shanks we couldn't win from the moment the names came out the hat. I'm just glad it's all over. time to move on and fry bigger fish. I just hope there's no serious damage done to Gerrard and as I said, I am a bit worried about Nando

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1333 on: February 5, 2009, 03:29:48 am »
Sometimes you get a sense of inevitability FS. I didn't have it until very late in the game tonight.
You are right of coure....bigger fish to fry and hopefully we won't have too many walking wounded.

I hate Derby games, always have. That hatred is magnified when we lose and minimised when we win of course.
I did hope that given the 20 year anniversary that we could win the cup, but at the back of my mind I have this nagging feeling, which we've spoken about before, that this will be our year for The League.
It isn't based on form or anything rational that you could hang your hat on. Maybe it's our time to win the trophy we didn't win and should have in 89.
Maybe it's time for efc to win the trophy that destiny said they were not going to win that year either.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1334 on: February 5, 2009, 07:35:42 pm »
I hope you're right Shanks. But I'm not too sure if I want them to win anything ever again though. As a kid I used to want them to win everything we didn't. I wanted to see me da and other family and friends happy. I always thought at least it's going to other Scousers rather than Mancs or Cockney's. But it's becoming impossible to have any decency towards them. I still don't hate them though. I know too many good ones and I can't hate family or friends for making a bad life choice. But I'm sure that's just because of distance. Some of my old mates who used to feel just like me, absoultely hate them now. And I'm sure I'd be the same if I was still living there. I said it didn't bother me one bit last night. I was fucking seething. I was also full of lager and port and just trying to give it the big un and put a brave face on it. In the cold light of day, I just want them to go out in the next round. and then hope Villa an the mancs meet in the semi-final, kick lumps out of each other, and then Villa sneak it in the last minute of time added on in the 34th replay.

But fuck em, on to bigger and better things.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1335 on: February 5, 2009, 07:45:39 pm »
Everton now define themselves by their relation to us!!

I once said to a bitter blue "us and you have only on thing in common...we are both obsessed by LFC"...I said that to a school mate in the late seventies..it has been this way ever since , except they have become more bitter about it...an oft used phrase , almost cliched , but that is because its true.

I thought last night was the nadir for their behaviour/support at a Derby...wild celebratiosn for Gerrard going off...every song related to us!... I reminded  the younger blues in work that once they really did have dignity and style, and didn't need to attack us to feel good about themselves...School for Science? Nothing but the best?...if only they did know their history.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2009, 07:48:00 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1336 on: February 5, 2009, 07:48:35 pm »
Ah fuck it The Avengers are on BBC4

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1337 on: February 5, 2009, 08:44:09 pm »
Everton now define themselves by their relation to us!!

I once said to a bitter blue "us and you have only on thing in common...we are both obsessed by LFC"...I said that to a school mate in the late seventies..it has been this way ever since , except they have become more bitter about it...an oft used phrase , almost cliched , but that is because its true.

I thought last night was the nadir for their behaviour/support at a Derby...wild celebratiosn for Gerrard going off...every song related to us!... I reminded  the younger blues in work that once they really did have dignity and style, and didn't need to attack us to feel good about themselves...School for Science? Nothing but the best?...if only they did know their history.
School Of.... but yeah. You're right. They were a great club. Had some fantastic players, almost superhuman. Goodlass could even take throw ins (Meow) Quick tip for all you arl crusties.... ITV4, thursday mornings, the Big Match revisited. Fucking great today. Man U v Arsenal. Febuary 79. The Mancs O - The Arse 2. Alan Sunderland scored both goals, should have had 3. Twatted the post in the dying minutes. It was brilliant listening to the mancs support.... you couldn't hear a fucking peep.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1338 on: February 5, 2009, 08:51:43 pm »
School Of.... but yeah. You're right. They were a great club. Had some fantastic players, almost superhuman. Goodlass could even take throw ins (Meow) Quick tip for all you arl crusties.... ITV4, thursday mornings, the Big Match revisited. Fucking great today. Man U v Arsenal. Febuary 79. The Mancs O - The Arse 2. Alan Sunderland scored both goals, should have had 3. Twatted the post in the dying minutes. It was brilliant listening to the mancs support.... you couldn't hear a fucking peep.

Would love to be able to watch that mate but I'm in work. Might be able to soon though, 4 day week coming up and if it doesn't improve soon, which it won't, I might be joining you every Thursday.
Love watching them old games now and again though. Brings back great memories when I hear Brian Moore or Gerald Sinstadt on the commentary although I couldn't stand Sindstadt at the time.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1339 on: February 5, 2009, 09:55:07 pm »
Would love to be able to watch that mate but I'm in work. Might be able to soon though, 4 day week coming up and if it doesn't improve soon, which it won't, I might be joining you every Thursday.
Love watching them old games now and again though. Brings back great memories when I hear Brian Moore or Gerald Sinstadt on the commentary although I couldn't stand Sindstadt at the time.
Fire the Betamax up lad.
Seriously though.... I'm wasting far too much time in here. My graft has gone to fuck an all. I'm only working weekends now. I had to let a couple of me pitches go. It was actually costing me dough to go to work. But I keep consoling meself with the thought that I've seen it all before, I can get through it and it will pass. I was one of the Good Lord Tebbitt's on your bike fellas. I would have never left Liverpool except for that twat, (And wanking on Wish You Where Here but that's another story). But I ended up pedalling all the way to California before I finally ended up back in Blighted. and here it is all coming back to haunt us again. I don't know how these daft kunts on here will cope though. Imagine them living through a bit of hardship, nevermind a table topping draw against West Ham.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1340 on: February 5, 2009, 10:03:59 pm »

yeah typo...knew it was of...must of got confused with School for scoundrels! ;)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1341 on: February 5, 2009, 10:13:28 pm »
Fire the Betamax up lad.
Seriously though.... I'm wasting far too much time in here. My graft has gone to fuck an all. I'm only working weekends now. I had to let a couple of me pitches go. It was actually costing me dough to go to work. But I keep consoling meself with the thought that I've seen it all before, I can get through it and it will pass. I was one of the Good Lord Tebbitt's on your bike fellas. I would have never left Liverpool except for that twat, (And wanking on Wish You Where Here but that's another story). But I ended up pedalling all the way to California before I finally ended up back in Blighted. and here it is all coming back to haunt us again. I don't know how these daft kunts on here will cope though. Imagine them living through a bit of hardship, nevermind a table topping draw against West Ham.

My Betamax fucked up last week, saving up for a Sky+, hope to get it in time for the final in Roma.
Fuck me, the last time I was there I didn't even have a record player  ;)

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1342 on: February 5, 2009, 11:02:28 pm »
yeah typo...knew it was of...must of got confused with School for scoundrels! ;)
Sadly now the school of shite hawks. But you have to try and get on that Big Match Revisited. I've been watching it since Crimbo (Had no graft on thursdays since then). It's brilliant. Beer Bellies and comb overs. Sheepies a go go. Gerald Sinsdat with jet black hair and a big porno tache.  But I also watch The Saint, The Champions, Randall and Hopkirk, Minder, and the Prisoner on there. Fuck me. I could swear me hair and teeth nearly started growin back in today.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1343 on: February 6, 2009, 12:56:23 am »
I'm off to hit the hay. Take it easy fellow auld arses..  :wave

Offline The Cappuccino Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • Aren't we free?
« Reply #1344 on: February 6, 2009, 01:08:55 am »
I'm not an auld arse but I certainly think like one.

Can I join this thread?
Formerly Mr Brightside.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1345 on: February 6, 2009, 01:14:57 am »
I'm not an auld arse but I certainly think like one.

Can I join this thread?
Nah. Fuck off

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1346 on: February 6, 2009, 03:51:57 am »
Just a bump for this one. If it gets lost in the out stratosphere of RAWK i will miss it.

Offline biddy

• Main Stander
  • We are Evil,We are Evil
« Reply #1347 on: February 6, 2009, 07:42:43 am »
why are all the comedy proggys we used to watch classics
rising damp
steptoe and son
nearest and dearest
some mothers do have em
now they mostly turn out shite that theres no canned laughter because they arnt that funny
love the chamopions whats the birds name bastido or somthing fit as fuck
space 1999
robinson crusoe of a morning when you where off school or sick
champion the wonder horse
pippy longstockng
the singing ringing tree
black beauty
animation
supercar
joe ninety
four feather four
go on forever me
only you  can see me geff (still say that when i see someone in a white suit)
by the  way ive got the complete series of roinson crusoe on 2 dvds
nostalgas great in it
see  what youve started FS

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1348 on: February 6, 2009, 11:43:47 am »
I agree with most of what you are all saying. Pity we lost the opportunity to use EFC as a springboard for a PL charge, but I always feel we're not far from 'clicking'.

Over the last couple of years we have had some good runs of form while SG has been out of the team but we really got deflated when he left the pitch the other night and looked weak thereafter.

Although Torres also looked deflated I thought that he was back to full sharpness in the previous game against Chelsea - if it hadn't been for Alex doing his Henchoz impressions, Torres may have had a bagful; he was producing some pretty snappy goalbound shots from difficult half-chance opportunities.

There's still a long way to go. No one is on form, and all teams will be dropping points. It's down to who 'clicks' first.

Funnily enough, for all our fears about missing 'big names', I think we could do with having Insua back!

I'm just thankful that its Feb and I haven't had to resort to being a part-time Arsenal fan again. If we've got the character, our current spell of adversity could work in our favour - Carra should now be giving 'British-bulldog' lessons to the rest of the squad - it's now time to really fight for it.

« Last Edit: February 6, 2009, 12:00:28 pm by Dr. Beaker »
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1349 on: February 6, 2009, 03:47:03 pm »
Doc, as far as I know, (which wouldn't get you to the shops and back) it's completely normal to come back from injury, start off brilliantly, have a dip, and then bounce back. So, I like to think that's what's happened with Nando. I don't want to read too much into it and I hope the lad comes roaring back from here on in. I reckon he's complete and utter class, as good as anyone I've seen over the years.

As for StevieG, well, if it was going to happen, now's as good a time as any. What with our fixtures being the way they are, it should give the lad a nice rest just in time to be all bright and sparkly on the long run in.

But more importantly....
Four Feather Falls. Tex Tucker. One feather made he's dog talk. One feather made he's horse talk. One feather made he's guns shoot on their todd. But what the fuck did the fourth feather do?
« Last Edit: February 6, 2009, 03:48:56 pm by FAT SCOUSER »

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1350 on: February 6, 2009, 04:09:13 pm »
why are all the comedy proggys we used to watch classics
rising damp
steptoe and son
nearest and dearest
some mothers do have em
now they mostly turn out shite that theres no canned laughter because they arnt that funny
space 1999
robinson crusoe of a morning when you where off school or sick
champion the wonder horse
pippy longstockng
the singing ringing tree
black beauty
animation
supercar
joe ninety
four feather four
go on forever me
only you  can see me geff (still say that when i see someone in a white suit)
by the  way ive got the complete series of roinson crusoe on 2 dvds
nostalgas great in it
see  what youve started FS

Stingray, what was Troy's girlfriend's father's name?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1351 on: February 6, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »

Alexander Bastido as Sharon McCreedy, the champion of law, justice and order. She's on right now, searching high and low for a parrot that speaks Greek.
Boss Cack. You couldn't make it up, eh.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1352 on: February 6, 2009, 04:14:53 pm »

The bird was Marina, Aqua Marina. I can see he's auld fella in me mind's eye right now, (In that futuristic pensioner's scooter) but I'm fucked if I know how I'd address him if he was really here. Mr Troy, I suppose.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1353 on: February 6, 2009, 04:18:17 pm »

Aphony.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1354 on: February 6, 2009, 04:30:08 pm »
Aphony.
A Phoney. Fuck me, I can't make me mind up if you're taking the piss or the program makers. fucking great if it was though.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1355 on: February 6, 2009, 04:30:16 pm »
The bird was Marina, Aqua Marina. I can see he's auld fella in me mind's eye right now, (In that futuristic pensioner's scooter) but I'm fucked if I know how I'd address him if he was really here. Mr Troy, I suppose.

I was thinking of Atlanta, her dad had that scooter thingy, Commander somebody.
This is fun, anything can happen in the next half hour.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1356 on: February 6, 2009, 04:31:54 pm »
A Phoney. Fuck me, I can't make me mind up if you're taking the piss or the program makers. fucking great if it was though.
You're talking to a real Stingray head here Fats..

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #1357 on: February 6, 2009, 04:34:46 pm »
FAT SCOUSER's right (as he usually is....) Troy Tempest's bit of stuff was Marina. Anyone remember the Aquaphibeans? They used to really scare me! Doctor Beaker will be along in a minute..!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1358 on: February 6, 2009, 04:43:38 pm »
FAT SCOUSER's right (as he usually is....) Troy Tempest's bit of stuff was Marina. Anyone remember the Aquaphibeans? They used to really scare me! Doctor Beaker will be along in a minute..!

Mmmm, 50/50 Manila, he had a soft spot for her but he couldn't get past her tail. Atlanta had the hots for Troy and although it never actually showed it, he gave her a good seeing to on her old fella's motorised scooter once the camara's stopped rolling at the end of the final show.
It showed part of it on "It'll be allright on the night", he got his leg over but accidentally knocked one of the buttons on the control panel and it shot off through the control room window.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #1359 on: February 6, 2009, 04:48:05 pm »
Things I never knew! Can't stop laughing, mate! I don't know if I feel more sorry for me or for you....