Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm  (Read 204525 times)

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool FC vs Man City, Sunday 13 April KO 1:37pm
« Reply #120 on: April 7, 2014, 07:26:47 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HlHTwxQ9zjE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HlHTwxQ9zjE</a>

Just rewatched this, atmosphere that night was incredible.

That game feels like a lifetime ago! Atmosphere aside, a couple things stand out from watching that! Hart had the game of his life, we should have had that game sewn up, and that's despite playing a team whose attack was Kuyt, Downing and Bellamy with Charlie sodding Adam in midfield. Compare the potency of that attack to the one we have now... Suarez has scored more in the PL this season than that attacking trio managed in all competitions that year, hell it's close enough to double what they managed.

Hard to actually believe how far we've come since then. Second half of that season our record was P19 W5 D3 L11. Two years later, our current placing? P14 W12 D2 L0. I mean that's just staggering.

No reason why we can't dominate them in the same way, and lets see what damage SASAS can do!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #121 on: April 7, 2014, 07:53:28 pm »
Not much I can add to this other than to say it's our biggest league game since I've been following football (since 2002). 2009 I believed but never like this. If we win we will win the league title, it's as simple as that for me. I imagine Lucas or Allen will come in for Sterling or Coutinho. Not sure if Agger will be back or if Brendan will prefer Sakho there now anyway.

Going to be unbelievably nervous but I've been to massive European nights and seen us do the business, I don't see why we can't do it here.
Difference between then and now was that with 5 games to go and us leading the league on GD, United had 2 games in hand.

This season- even though City have 2 games in hand- it's still in our hands.

Think we'll make them look like a pub team. I cannot see any team- not even Barca- being ready for Sunday. They'll walk out there having suffered like few have suffered in the history of Football. 4 - 0 and an 8-point swing in GD!
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 07:55:03 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #122 on: April 7, 2014, 07:57:07 pm »
OP about ravenous giant was a bit odd, but decent enough. Take any victory here ladies and gents.
You didn't hear that mighty roar at Anfield after we devoured Spurs?

Just imagine that roar in the first 5 minutes- City will piss themselves. Some would suffer shock and if the game wasn't 90 minutes, they would perish out of naked fear.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 08:03:40 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 7, 2014, 08:06:52 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HlHTwxQ9zjE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HlHTwxQ9zjE</a>

Just rewatched this, atmosphere that night was incredible.
what a match this was. kop was electric. bellamy ran himself into the ground that night
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 7, 2014, 08:08:19 pm »
What do the tea leaves say ?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #125 on: April 7, 2014, 08:09:48 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Sturridge to score two I reckon. Can't wait to be at this one and to play my part in the atmosphere :-)
YNWA 96
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #126 on: April 7, 2014, 08:10:49 pm »
Biggest match since Athens?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 7, 2014, 08:12:29 pm »
Lucas needs to start for me to do a job on one of their attacking mids. Henderson and his energy could really keep Toure busy because if there is one fault of his it's his workrate. Hendo can make Toure work and explot gaps he leaves if he's not tracking back. If Demichelis starts then we should have plenty of opportunities and LB is also a weakness for them so Sterling up against whoever starts there should give us chances. I'd probably drop Coutinho and he can provide something off the bench if needs be.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #128 on: April 7, 2014, 08:16:20 pm »
What do the tea leaves say ?

Far too early for the tea leaves :D

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #129 on: April 7, 2014, 08:20:11 pm »
If he's fit I think Allen plays (he was going to start vs West Ham apparently til his niggle)

We'll want to try and out number their middle 2 and close them down from the off - Allen does this job better than any of the alternatives
Can't see us going 4-3-3 with Coutinho and Sterling both on the pitch

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 7, 2014, 08:20:46 pm »
Lucas needs to start for me to do a job on one of their attacking mids. Henderson and his energy could really keep Toure busy because if there is one fault of his it's his workrate. Hendo can make Toure work and explot gaps he leaves if he's not tracking back. If Demichelis starts then we should have plenty of opportunities and LB is also a weakness for them so Sterling up against whoever starts there should give us chances. I'd probably drop Coutinho and he can provide something off the bench if needs be.

That's probably the wiser move, but part of me just thinks, fuck that, this is Anfield.

Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling, Sturridge

All the best.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #131 on: April 7, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »
One interesting feature of our recent run is brendan'S reluctance to make substitutions for their own sake: probably reflective of his relative confidence in the squad.  I can't escape the feeling that the key to this match will be tempo, and that, with more players coming back in recent matches, it might be important this time to be able to ring the changes.  I would go with agger, Lucas and sterling, holding sakho, Allen and coutinho ready to refresh the team when needed.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #132 on: April 7, 2014, 08:27:02 pm »
Lucas needs to start for me to do a job on one of their attacking mids.

I love Lucas to death but we've been at our worst when he and SG have both started; I wouldn't let the second half against a gassed West Ham change the view of this

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 7, 2014, 08:28:29 pm »
Early in the game, Suarez to get bundled over in the box by Hart after getting his foot on a cross by Sturridge - the ball gets cleared by Kompany just as it crosses the line.

Clattenburg sends off Hart and gives a pen, well despatched by Steven Gerrard.  Liverpool blitz 10-man City for the rest of the game, scoring 4 without reply.

Pellegrini spends the rest of his life with a fuck-off chip on his shoulder, bemoaning the fact that his keeper had been sent off "It should have been a goal and a yellow card, never a sending off"

I reckon, in some parallel universe somewhere, maybe
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 7, 2014, 08:31:42 pm »
Sturridge's game this

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #135 on: April 7, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »
I love Lucas to death but we've been at our worst when he and SG have both started; I wouldn't let the second half against a gassed West Ham change the view of this

Haven't their past performances together been Lucas shielding, and Gerrard roaming ahead of him? Switch it around now that Gerrard has proved to be a good DM, and maybe it'll be better.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 7, 2014, 08:38:49 pm »
We should stick to our guns and go all out attack. If we can score the early goal, in that atmosphere I think they could very well wilt under pressure.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #137 on: April 7, 2014, 08:40:22 pm »
Haven't their past performances together been Lucas shielding, and Gerrard roaming ahead of him? Switch it around now that Gerrard has proved to be a good DM, and maybe it'll be better.
Good game to find out.......
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 7, 2014, 08:44:28 pm »
Those of you who will be there, you know what to do. Make it a very special day. For all reasons. It's our day.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #139 on: April 7, 2014, 08:46:10 pm »
The OP lists our last 5 results as 3 drawn and 2 lost, but as the scores indicate we won 1, drew 3, lost 1.  :wave

Happy that Clattenberg is refereeing our game and Dowd has Chelsea at Swansea. The FA is bringing in their best two refs for these two games. I hope this doesn't mean that Coward Webb gets our game against Chelsea, though I'd probably doubt that since he already got the reverse fixture.

I have a funny feeling that we'll win 4-1 or 4-2.  :D

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 7, 2014, 08:48:19 pm »
Good game to find out.......

Completely agree. We know we can play 4-3-3 with Coutinho and Allen to a very high standard, but the current set-up with Lucas brought back in we've seen for 1.5 games - neither game were against a "top" side or a side blessed with pace and creativity, and we've played well with that line-up for all of 45 minutes. I'd go with the personnel we know can already play the system to a very high level.

Offline sat

• urday's my half day off, and off to the match I go
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 7, 2014, 08:48:36 pm »
If Stevie gets a yellow will he miss the next two games or is there now an amnesty?

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 7, 2014, 08:50:28 pm »
If Stevie gets a yellow will he miss the next two games or is there now an amnesty?

He'll miss Norwich + Chelsea

If he gets through this game he's fine till the end

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #143 on: April 7, 2014, 08:51:11 pm »

He needs to avoid a yellow against City. Then he'll be home and dry.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #144 on: April 7, 2014, 08:52:36 pm »
No need to change our attacking philosophy now. I hope we play that counter attacking style that proved successful against Arsenal and Everton. Draw them onto us then hit them hard and fast.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #145 on: April 7, 2014, 08:52:44 pm »
Yeah OP is a bit confused.

Last 5 results against City were

MCFC 2 - 1 LFC
MCFC 2 - 2 LFC
LFC 2 - 2 MCFC
LFC 2 - 2 MCFC
MCFC 0 - 1 LFC (League Cup)
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 08:57:55 pm by Chakan »

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: April 7, 2014, 08:53:14 pm »

Yup... up to (and including) second Sunday of April...

Edit: weird... none of the responses above showed until now lol

/

Think we'll have to "blitz" here. I hope it's an even more impressive home atmosphere than the Spurs game, ideally by 2x as much noise/support. I know it will, I mean...title race, coinciding with 25 years since Hillsborough.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 08:56:21 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 7, 2014, 08:53:24 pm »
----------------Hart-------------------                                  -----------------Mignolet---------------

Zabaleta--Kompany---Demicheis-Kolarov                                  Johnson----Skrtel------Agger--Flannagan

------Fernandinho---Garcia-------------                                  -----------------Gerrard----------------

Nasri---------Yaya Toure-----David Silva                                ----Henderson------------------Allen-----

---------------Dzeko-------------------                                -------------------Sterling----------------

------------Sturridge-------Suarez-------

Personally see Allen starting ahead of Coutinho in this one. We'd rather be in a position to make the game more attacking. I think we saw the kind of line-up in the 2nd half of the West Ham game with the diamond and Sterling playing as our 10. Henderson & Allen were tremendous against Southampton and Manchester United who were both playing 433 or a variation of 4231 which Man City will play. Manchester City have a lot of power in wide areas but other than Navas they all come inside more often. Henderson and Allen were very good at closing space in wide areas covering Johnson and Flannagan with their engines.

« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 08:54:56 pm by Pricey »

Offline superscoused

• Main Stander
  • 306>305
« Reply #148 on: April 7, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »
for me it's simple, winner takes all

lets get there early and scare the shite out of them.

https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/453150002979020800/photo/1/large

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #149 on: April 7, 2014, 08:58:42 pm »
That game feels like a lifetime ago! Atmosphere aside, a couple things stand out from watching that! Hart had the game of his life, we should have had that game sewn up, and that's despite playing a team whose attack was Kuyt, Downing and Bellamy with Charlie sodding Adam in midfield. Compare the potency of that attack to the one we have now... Suarez has scored more in the PL this season than that attacking trio managed in all competitions that year, hell it's close enough to double what they managed.

Hard to actually believe how far we've come since then. Second half of that season our record was P19 W5 D3 L11. Two years later, our current placing? P14 W12 D2 L0. I mean that's just staggering.

No reason why we can't dominate them in the same way, and lets see what damage SASAS can do!
That unprecedented amount of strikes against the woodwork!  :'(

Felt almost like a hex.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #150 on: April 7, 2014, 09:13:34 pm »
Well we've dodged Webb for another week. Thought it was nailed on we'd get him for this. Clattenburg it is then, that should fuel the bitters conspiracy theories.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Istanbulievable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 7, 2014, 09:25:43 pm »
Is it sunday yet?!  Cannot wait for this.  Think it could be a special result.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #152 on: April 7, 2014, 09:30:08 pm »
Well we've dodged Webb for another week. Thought it was nailed on we'd get him for this. Clattenburg it is then, that should fuel the bitters conspiracy theories.
Don't think he is corrupt or anything, but he just symbolises United for me.
Yes- it's all about Us, Webb and the Title. 5 Dodges to Glory! ;D

As long as we dodge him, we have a good chance.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2014, 09:33:38 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #153 on: April 7, 2014, 09:34:45 pm »
Biggest league game during my life time.

Can't wait to be in Anfield on Sunday
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #154 on: April 7, 2014, 10:01:45 pm »
The OP lists our last 5 results as 3 drawn and 2 lost, but as the scores indicate we won 1, drew 3, lost 1.  :wave
I'm sorry I didn't notice that when I typed it out, I've corrected it now. We did lose the 2 games. Thank you for letting me know :wave
Yeah OP is a bit confused.

Last 5 results against City were

MCFC 2 - 1 LFC
MCFC 2 - 2 LFC
LFC 2 - 2 MCFC
LFC 2 - 2 MCFC
MCFC 0 - 1 LFC (League Cup)

I only included league games ;)
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 7, 2014, 10:08:48 pm »
Not even nervous. I think this Liverpool team, with our mighty Anfield crowd will just overwhelm them. Like a tidal wave drowing them out and have them clinging on for dear life. Time to unleash the terror.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 7, 2014, 10:13:13 pm »
Going with my son. Only his second game at Anfield. The first was under Hodgson when we lost 1-0 to Wolves. How far we've come !

Offline IamSpartacus

• ThePerfectMealForYourPartacus.
  • Main Stander
  • Director of Remote Control
« Reply #157 on: April 7, 2014, 10:14:22 pm »
City will be thankful for the delay. Most visiting teams at Anfield are 2-0 down after seven minutes.

;D
I, am the Illuminati!

Offline JG-7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 7, 2014, 10:16:52 pm »
Why is it only Monday.. It's going to be a long week...

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #159 on: April 7, 2014, 10:27:30 pm »
Sturridge's game this

Completely agree.

After a bit of an off day against West Ham I fancy Daniel to score at least a brace in this one.