Author Topic: Premier League Fixtures 19th, 20th & 21st November  (Read 51529 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: Premier League Fixtures 19th, 20th & 21st November
« Reply #1240 on: November 21, 2011, 09:59:37 pm »
So that means the manager plays 2 defenders ahead of him and doesnt bring him on as sub in a game in which they're shit in attack?

No, I was just playing devil's advocate really.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: November 21, 2011, 10:00:13 pm »
Spurs now worth a bet for the title according to people on twitter. ::)

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #1242 on: November 21, 2011, 10:02:18 pm »
Gonna be really hard to get 4th ahead of spurs. They have a great midfield and their squad is fulla pace.

I know villa are shit but you have to beat whats put in front of you.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #1243 on: November 21, 2011, 10:04:59 pm »
Well looking at Spurs' fixtures I reckon them going unbeaten until 22nd Jan isn't beyond their reach, when they play City away. The only other two games in that time where I think they'll be challenged are Chelsea at home and Stoke away. Hopefully we can go on a decent run and do better than them in that time, but we need to get some consistency.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1244 on: November 21, 2011, 10:05:33 pm »
Gonna be really hard to get 4th ahead of spurs.

Its ok, we'll get it ahead of Chelsea.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline KUNGFUDANCER

• boring wum who thinks La Liga is on a par with the Scottish Premier League... clueless too... don't bother arguing with me because it will just make your head hurt...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1245 on: November 21, 2011, 10:05:35 pm »
spurs are fucking annoying, start losing already

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1246 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:09 pm »
Spurs now worth a bet for the title according to people on twitter. ::)

They'll be right up there by the turn of the year, unfortunately. They have an amazing run of games coming up where they aren't going to drop many points, so expect to see them in 2nd or 3rd by January, seriously. Their second half of the season is much harder than their first, so it's just important for us to keep pace as best we can with them, Chelsea, and Arsenal. Newcastle will fall away over the next month. Infact if we beat Man City we'll go above them as I can't see them getting anything at Old Trafford.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #1247 on: November 21, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »
Its ok, we'll get it ahead of Chelsea.

You are right though. There is without a doubt 2 champions league places up for grabs.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #1248 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:01 pm »
Anyone seen Spurs' next set of fixtures? They don't have a hard game until the 22nd of Dec against Chelsea. i can see them winning their 4 games before that. They are a massive threat to our hopes of a top 4 finish.
YWNA

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: November 21, 2011, 10:14:05 pm »
You can't be serious with that comment.

I am mate, Chelsea need a massive overhaul and who knows where they'll be in a few years, Roman could fuck off for all we know. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new manager at the helm before the end of the season either. At least at Spurs he's at a stable club that's going in the right direction.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: November 21, 2011, 10:18:09 pm »
Agreed, 2-0 Spurs is my prediction.
:wave :wave :wave
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1251 on: November 21, 2011, 10:18:12 pm »
bit hard to gauge the quality of Spurs from that game as Villa really were/are fuckin atrocious.......McLeish is one twat of a manager it has to be said
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #1252 on: November 21, 2011, 10:18:22 pm »
You are right though. There is without a doubt 2 champions league places up for grabs.

4 teams fighting for two places. Us and Spurs getting one would be a pretty great season. Big blow to both Chelsea and Arsenal.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #1253 on: November 21, 2011, 10:19:51 pm »
btw, I note Modric has wound his greasy haired neck in a touch....

Not hearing so much "My heart belongs at Chelsea, I'm sure the Spurs fans will understand" now, are we?

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1254 on: November 21, 2011, 10:20:45 pm »
I am mate, Chelsea need a massive overhaul and who knows where they'll be in a few years, Roman could fuck off for all we know. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new manager at the helm before the end of the season either. At least at Spurs he's at a stable club that's going in the right direction.

They will still end up finishing 3rd.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: November 21, 2011, 10:22:18 pm »
bit hard to gauge the quality of Spurs from that game as Villa really were/are fuckin atrocious.......McLeish is one twat of a manager it has to be said

It's astonishing how easy it is to find employment as a manager sometimes.  Tonight the extent of his work seemed to be making sure he'd picked 11 players, and then just hoped for the best.  When that didn't work, he did....... not much.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1256 on: November 21, 2011, 10:23:47 pm »
They will still end up finishing 3rd.

you are more optimistic than their own fans...

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1257 on: November 21, 2011, 10:23:54 pm »
The fight for 3rd and 4th place is between us, Plastics, Spurs and Arsenal.

There is not much difference between the sides. Will be down to a bit of luck and injuries in my opinion.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: November 21, 2011, 10:24:51 pm »
don't really want to say it, but adebayor and parker are 2 great signings for them. Just the ticket and have settled quickly and are doing the biz.  :butt

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #1259 on: November 21, 2011, 10:28:30 pm »

What? Why would Chelsea get a new manager? They just got one, a very good one who will get time. They need to invest in a few positions but not a massive overhaul. I'm not an expert on their team but they probably need a RB if Luiz is playing in the middle with Terry. Also someway of working Torres into their team or simply replacing him. Torres is their biggest problem. A quality player who isn't doing much, they play him on the left/right too don't they? Replacement for Essien maybe? As i said, i don't really know much of their formation but they have good players there so change one or two and this new manager can implement a system that works for them/him. They're still up there with us so they aren't that bad.

Offline Surprise me.

• Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #1260 on: November 21, 2011, 10:30:38 pm »
don't really want to say it, but adebayor and parker are 2 great signings for them. Just the ticket and have settled quickly and are doing the biz.  :butt

Really didn't want anyone getting Adebayor, he's a brilliant signing for them. I was hoping RM or City would keep him but instead he's getting games every week and as he showed at Arsenal he will score goals.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1261 on: November 21, 2011, 10:34:22 pm »

Spurs are playing well at the moment but one way or another I think they'll be looking for a new manager in the summer too.

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:01 pm »
What? Why would Chelsea get a new manager? They just got one, a very good one who will get time.

That's my point mate, they've had 6 different managers since 2007 so i don't know how you can say he'll be given time if he doesn't produce the goods this season which is looking increasingly unlikely.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: November 21, 2011, 10:41:42 pm »
Really didn't want anyone getting Adebayor, he's a brilliant signing for them. I was hoping RM or City would keep him but instead he's getting games every week and as he showed at Arsenal he will score goals.

Harry Redknapp knows how to bag the bargain that's for sure. Van Der Vaart, Parker, Adebayor, Friedel ... list goes on ...

I reckon if he was a bargain hunter on the high street he'd be bagging the 10 bags of Bensons smoky bacon crisps for 50p deals.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: November 21, 2011, 10:47:16 pm »
We'll see what they're made of in the new year with the court case, Modric's head being turned, King being injured and the extra games in Europe (when they can't get away with playing their reserves)

Offline SkinHimHesShite

• 80 kgs benchpressed, but are we impressed?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: November 21, 2011, 10:47:37 pm »
Harry and Spurs are a really exciting team, great quality throughout. I fucking hate them.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: November 21, 2011, 10:49:29 pm »
Harry Redknapp knows how to bag the bargain that's for sure. Van Der Vaart, Parker, Adebayor, Friedel ... list goes on ...

You make it sound like he's a wheeler and dealer!

Faaaaaaak awwwf, ahm ah faaakin futbawl managaaaaaah!
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Surprise me.

• Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #1267 on: November 21, 2011, 10:52:38 pm »
That's my point mate, they've had 6 different managers since 2007 so i don't know how you can say he'll be given time if he doesn't produce the goods this season which is looking increasingly unlikely.

That's since Mourinho left isn't it? Roman expects that sort of level now but i think he has never found a true replacement. He signed Carlo Ancelotti and he got trophies but I think noise was being made about AVB looking for new job and Roman jumped at it because of what he did at Porto. I can't see the sense in sacking Carlo otherwise. I doubt he was sacked and then they went and looked into AVB, i think that means Roman actually thinks he is good and wants to give him time. You are right though, he could end up getting the sack at any time but the chances are very slim, even if they did poorly this season.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #1268 on: November 21, 2011, 10:53:02 pm »
So the Spurs go marching on.I didn`t see the game but looking at the league table now its looking very very interesting.Nothings set in stone at this stage but bar Newcastle who will inevitably fall out of the race imo,but 3rd and 4th are up for grabs.Its going to be
be one hell of a race.

That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #1269 on: November 21, 2011, 10:58:18 pm »
:wave :wave :wave

Yea, you really stuck your neck out there, didn't you? ;)

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1270 on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:41 pm »
So the Spurs go marching on.I didn`t see the game but looking at the league table now its looking very very interesting.Nothings set in stone at this stage but bar Newcastle who will inevitably fall out of the race imo,but 3rd and 4th are up for grabs.Its going to be
be one hell of a race.

Saw second half,spurs kept the ball well but villa were very poor and didn't look up for it.
YNWA

Online DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: November 21, 2011, 11:01:58 pm »
Villa were fucking atrocious, their midfield was non existent, Spurs could have won by 5 or 6.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #1272 on: November 21, 2011, 11:01:59 pm »
Villa were shit and when you set off from the start to sit back and hoof the ball up to Heskey, there's only gonna be one way the game turns out.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: November 21, 2011, 11:09:20 pm »
You make it sound like he's a wheeler and dealer!

Faaaaaaak awwwf, ahm ah faaakin futbawl managaaaaaah!

haha ... Faaaaaaaaaak awwwwwwwwwwwwffff
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #1274 on: November 21, 2011, 11:12:01 pm »
Harry Redknapp takes some stick on here and at times it is justified but just out of interest would anyone have the transfer prices for their starting 11 tonight cause i dont think it would be that much?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1275 on: November 21, 2011, 11:13:58 pm »
Well looking at Spurs' fixtures I reckon them going unbeaten until 22nd Jan isn't beyond their reach, when they play City away. The only other two games in that time where I think they'll be challenged are Chelsea at home and Stoke away. Hopefully we can go on a decent run and do better than them in that time, but we need to get some consistency.
Don't forget it is Spurs. They will screw up somewhere although there is a really nice balance about their front 6 so far.

King is due a 3 month absence and he is enormous for them. That said I do think there are 4 sides going for 2 places and we are one of them. The two Mancs will come one and two.

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #1276 on: November 21, 2011, 11:18:01 pm »
Don't forget it is Spurs. They will screw up somewhere although there is a really nice balance about their front 6 so far.

King is due a 3 month absence and he is enormous for them. That said I do think there are 4 sides going for 2 places and we are one of them. The two Mancs will come one and two.
Its so annoying when you know that United are so shit but that they will at least still get 2nd place.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: November 21, 2011, 11:18:23 pm »
Harry Redknapp takes some stick on here and at times it is justified but just out of interest would anyone have the transfer prices for their starting 11 tonight cause i dont think it would be that much?

They've spent plenty to get where they are. Don't really see what looking at how much one teamsheet cost on it's own proves either way.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #1278 on: November 21, 2011, 11:24:31 pm »
Its so annoying when you know that United are so shit but that they will at least still get 2nd place.

Its that winning mentality they`ve built up with twenty years of success.They know how to grind out results while not playing well.1-0 after 1-0 they`ve been constantly doing it.

That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #1279 on: November 21, 2011, 11:37:45 pm »
Its that winning mentality they`ve built up with twenty years of success.They know how to grind out results while not playing well.1-0 after 1-0 they`ve been constantly doing it.

Yeah i know what you mean but look at their Central Midfield options its one of the most important parts in any side and its argubly worse than any of the other 5 teams!Would Carrick,Fletcher,Anderson,Cleverley or Gibson get into any of those other teams?Take Rooney out of that team and they are very average,so frustrating.