Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I'm really excited for this new chapter

Pressing and playing on the front foot was great at its best. 4231 was great at its best. Combining the two could bring some exceptional stuff

Got a feeling we're gonna be a really exciting team to watch
Sporting losing 2-0 to Porto, Do we really care now?  ;D
If we make only one signing this summer, it needs to be Arsenals set piece coach
Thing is when he enters our dressing room he will be walking into a very, very good and experienced squad. Massive bonus is no mass rebuild is needed just a few patches.
I was skeptical of the hire initially, but I'm quickly coming around to that view. I think the quality of the midfield play might be a revelation.
I think it is poor decision by the referee but as I said it isn't clearcut unlike the Areola one.

I mean the referee awards a free kick blows his whistle and then a player decides to rotate the ball or move it slightly. Technically you could say that was handball. It would be ridiculous to do so.

But that's nothing like what happened. The closest comparison would be someone responding to the ref's whistle, taking a free kick to a teammate and the teammate deciding to pick the ball up instead of shooting. It never happens.

That is precisely what ties the two incidents together. "It never happens". In both cases the referee sees the thing that "never happens" and he can't get his stupid head round it and so he brings the whole thing to a crashing halt.

It's deeply symptomatic of the modern refereeing condition. Not bias. Just stupidity.
What were you even doing on the RAWK Transfer forum/thread? Mac Red runs a tight ship here and he expect you to know evreything from evreywhere.

I got a bit lost to be honest, I was actually looking for Arsenal Mania :lmao
What were you even doing on the RAWK Transfer forum/thread? Mac Red runs a tight ship here and he expect you to know evreything from evreywhere.

Yep he is in for a right good explanation from him.
I'm not gonna pretend to know any of their other players :lmao I dont watch Swedish footie

Speaking of things to do, I heard you were going to do a sitcom quiz

OK. Question one...

In the mid 1960s, the U.S. Army replaced all existing infantry guns with the M-16 rifle, and which fixed-rate, repeat-fire machine gun?
where did I say it didn't matter?

Sorry my doesn't 'really matter' comment was shorthand for how it isn't a 'huge priority,' isn't 'necessary to spend big on' and isn't 'likely to improve your results that much'. My sense is that DMs actually can move the dial more than you think they do. I may well be wrong on that but it's interesting that Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool were willing to go over £100 million for DMs in the summer, perhaps they're less fungible than the common narrative on here? I reckon we're much more vulnerable than we could be defensively because we're not very good in transition and we're not good in transition partly because our deepest lying midfielder is often one of the worst athletes on the pitch. Admittedly some of the fees for DMs comes from their on ball work not just defensive work but I also think we could do with an upgrade here. Are our difficulties in beating a press entirely systemic or is personnel playing a role too? In many systems the DM is a key player in progressing the ball through a press, I reckon our inability to do it (quite often this season) is partly down to issues with the DM.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10