Author Topic: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion  (Read 267914 times)

Offline Shemy

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson-Officially a Liverpool player- Discussion
« Reply #1640 on: July 7, 2011, 09:49:10 am »
^

Source please?

Rory Smith I think said it in a interview on the radio.....it couldve been Ben Smith

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1641 on: July 7, 2011, 06:12:53 pm »
Nice one Damien, no need to tell the world about the details of how we do our business. People need shit to speculate unnecessarily over.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1642 on: July 8, 2011, 04:16:15 pm »
BBC gossip is saying that Norwich are lining up a 2m move for Henri Lansbury.... I rate him very highly and I think he has the drive to become a top player. Would be an excellent pairing with Henderson for the future, and that's a very good price for him

Offline Amin

• big trouble.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1643 on: July 8, 2011, 06:01:20 pm »
Probably been asked a million times already but when is he expected to be back in traning? I know he gets a few days off as he was involved in the u21...

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #1644 on: July 8, 2011, 06:03:55 pm »
Looks like he's been handed the no. 14 shirt. New Alonso in the making hopefully. :)
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #1645 on: July 9, 2011, 09:03:27 am »
With the #14 shirt on,he has a reputation to live up to.Good luck Jordan! :)

Offline Indian Scouser

• Kopite
« Reply #1646 on: July 11, 2011, 02:41:37 pm »
With the #14 shirt on,he has a reputation to live up to.Good luck Jordan! :)

Yup, he has the heavy burden of carrying on Jovanovic's legacy.  ;)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1647 on: July 12, 2011, 03:58:02 am »
Found these two articles about Henderson from November when he first got called-up to the national team. Both are interesting reads, demonstrating he seems to have the right mentality we're looking for. The first is by The Guardian's Northeast correspondent Louise Taylor.

Jordan Henderson: Sunderland's hidden treasure steps into the limelight

After his England call-up, the Sunderland midfielder may be significantly more streetwise, but he retains a certain purity

"I just like the kid, he's got an innocence about him that's rare these days — and Jordan can play, the kid's got a real chance."

Roy Keane in 2008, ahead of giving the then 18-year-old Jordan Henderson his senior debut for Sunderland. Two years down the line "the kid" may be significantly more streetwise having earned a call-up to Fabio Capello's England squad for this week's friendly against France, but Henderson retains a certain purity. "All Jordan cares about is football, he eats, sleeps and breathes it," says Steve Bruce, his current manager. "Long may that continue, but I have a feeling it will. He's never given anyone a moment's trouble and I wouldn't believe it if I heard he'd been caught up in something off the field."

With his father running his own double glazing company and his mother working as a fitness instructor, Henderson's teenage talent was bolstered by a solid middle-class background in Sunderland where he attended Farringdon Community Sports College.

Leisure time was spent cheering on the local team with both parents, first at Roker Park and, later, the Stadium of Light — although he did harbour a boyhood attraction towards Manchester United. "When I was little my heroes were David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Roy Keane," he says. "I"ve always liked the way Manchester United play the game." Unfortunately he was a little young to savour Bruce's Old Trafford pomp. "I'm sure he was very good though," he adds, diplomatically.

Henderson's own brand of adhesive first touch, vision, quick feet, pace, stellar passing and crossing ability and sure-footed tackling is allied to abundant energy. "He regularly covers 13km a game and rarely gives the ball away," says Bruce, who alternates between deploying the protege in central midfield and, more rarely, wide on the right.

"Jordan has everything you need from the modern-day player; he has a lovely feel for the ball but he's also already 6ft 2in and has terrific energy. He was the player who made the most impact on me when I arrived here and he's the player I've had most enquiries about."

Ten Premier League managers on nights off convened at Blackburn to watch Henderson when Sunderland recently drew at Ewood Park and he is understood to be on the radars of both Manchester United and Manchester City. Even so, despite 18 months worth of gloriously reliable performances for Bruce's team it took a strong showing and a wonderful scoring volley – a lack of goals is the biggest flaw in his game – for Stuart Pearce's England Under-21 side against Romania earlier this autumn for Henderson's potential to fully register with football fans outside the north east.

Like his native region's magnificent, but relatively little known coastline and countryside, Henderson proved a hidden treasure for a surprisingly long time. Considering that when Arsenal recently drew at the Stadium of Light he outshone the much vaunted Jack Wilshere this seems strange but Bruce puts it down to the game's geo-politics.

"I think it's fair to say that Jordan sometimes doesn't get the headlines he deserves," says Sunderland's manager. "Maybe that has something to do with where we are geographically."

It is left to Bruce to "big him up" and he certainly has no inhibitions about doing so. "Jordan has got a very, very bright future," enthuses the former Manchester United defender. "The sky's the limit. It would be unfair of me to liken Jordan to Ryan Giggs at this stage in his development but there are parallels — certainly Jordan is as important to us as the young Giggsy was to United."

Typically calm under pressure, such hype is unlikely to go to Henderson's head. Indeed the man dubbed "the Rokerite rocket" by Sunderland fans is highly self critical. "Midfielders don't come better than Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard," he says. "They can score 15-20 goals a season and that's what I need to start coming up with."

Bruce remains unabashed. "We've got the brightest young prospect in the British game in Jordan," he says. "He's certainly the best young British footballer there is. At 20 he's got the world at his feet. "He can keep the ball, he can tackle, he can pass, he can cross, he's comfortable in possession and he can score a goal. He needs to score more but they'll come, he hits the ball well."

Sunderland's manager scoffs at talk of £20m January bids. "£20m is not enough for Jordan," he says. "He's not for sale – unless someone like Real Madrid comes in and offers £30m; then we've got a problem."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/14/jordan-henderson-sunderland-england-call

The second is from The Independent's Sam Wallace

Henderson brings breath of fresh air to England

Skilful, serious and teetotal, the Sunderland midfielder's call-up represents a break from the excesses of the past

By Sam Wallace

Tuesday, 16 November 2010

Jordan Henderson says he remains grounded despite reported interest

He does not drink and he considers a good night to be one spent in front of the television watching Match of the Day, preferably with Sunderland winning in the style they did at Stamford Bridge on Sunday. Welcome to the world of Jordan Henderson, the new generation of English footballer.

It was a good weekend for Henderson, 20, who turned up at Stamford Bridge on Sunday already knowing he was in the England squad and subsequently put in a performance worthy of an international footballer. It followed another day of headlines suggesting he is on Manchester United's radar, not to mention Manchester City and Chelsea, too.

The man of the moment was at England's hotel in Hertfordshire yesterday, an unassuming new boy in the squad whose accent immediately locates him. He is Sunderland born and bred and has been at the club since he was seven years old. With that in mind, was there ever a chance he might go elsewhere? "No. My dad is a Sunderland fan, all my friends are Sunderland fans and I am a Sunderland fan. I got asked to go on a trial when I was seven and I have been ever since."

Now that England's golden generation is ebbing away, the one that is coming in to replace it has some abstemious characters who take their professional lives very seriously. Henderson is young enough to be able to say that his role models growing up were David Beckham and Ryan Giggs. Beckham's generation were inspired by Paul Gascoigne and Italia '90. Not Henderson. He was born the day after England drew with the Dutch at that World Cup.

If that makes you feel old then consider that Henderson's first meeting with Giggs was when Henderson was three years old and encountered the United man on holiday in Majorca. "I cannot even remember it but I can remember the picture my mum had with me on his shoulders." Does Giggs recall it? "I've never asked him."

Like most 20-year-olds, Henderson's world still revolves to a large extent around his father Brian, a policeman, and mother Liz. He has only just moved out of home into his own place but it does not sound that the independence has changed his lifestyle much. "I just love playing football and I don't want anything to jeopardise that," Henderson said. "I like to go in every day, training and working hard."

There is a seriousness about the likes of Henderson, James Milner and Theo Walcott that suggests England's future will have its fair share of level-headed players to counter-balance Andy Carroll, who has enough nights out for all of them. Henderson's development as a player has accelerated beyond all reasonable expectations, however, and it is now a question of how long he will stay at Sunderland.

Steve Bruce admitted last week that Mr. Ferguson is interested and that, if push came to shove, it would be difficult to stop United taking Sunderland's best young player. "It just gives us a little bit more confidence," Henderson said. "I don't think about it too much. I don't let it affect my football or anything like that. My best friend is a Manchester United fan, so he's going like: 'What's going on here, then?' He's the only one who gives us a bit of banter about it.

"To be honest, my mates have been good since school. They used to go out but they'd probably tell me not to. Which is a good thing. But none of them are bad lads. They didn't really drink at a young age or anything like that. I didn't really go out much. I had to be back by a certain time, according to my mam.

"A fun night out for me was Sunday night after the Chelsea game. Watching the highlights. I never go out. The only time I go out is Christmas night when the whole team goes out for team bonding and stuff like that. But I still won't drink or anything. I'll just have a good night out with the lads and a bit of craic.

"My mum and dad have been a good influence on me. They have brought us up really well, they have always kept my feet on the ground and not let us get carried away. My dad used to be a policeman and play for the police force. There was no real back-up plan [beyond football], to be honest. I was a little bit fortunate to become a player. My mam would say 'What will you do?' but I would say 'This is all I ever wanted to do'."

He made his Premier League debut for Sunderland at Stamford Bridge two years ago, had a loan spell at Coventry City in the early part of 2009 and broke into the Sunderland team last season. Last month, his first goal for England under-21s in the first leg of their European championship play-off against Romania at Carrow Road marked him out as one of those in Stuart Pearce's squad ready for promotion.

He has already played for two managers who had stellar careers at United, in Roy Keane and Bruce, and curiously Henderson says that he never felt intimidated by Keane. "I felt I could go to him anytime and talk to him about anything. I did that a couple of times when I felt I needed to improve."

The England midfield of the future would ideally be built around the likes of Henderson, Jack Wilshere, Jack Rodwell and Josh McEachran, but there comes a time when all that potential finally has to demonstrate that it deserves its place. Henderson's chance has come very early but he certainly looks like he is ready.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/henderson-brings-breath-of-fresh-air-to-england-2135043.html

Offline red_moon

• Main Stander
  • The red side of the moon
« Reply #1648 on: July 12, 2011, 04:06:27 am »
Found these two articles about Henderson from November when he first got called-up to the national team. Both are interesting reads, demonstrating he seems to have the right mentality we're looking for. The first is by The Guardian's Northeast correspondent Louise Taylor.

The second is from The Independent's Sam Wallace

Doesnt his personality remind you of Steven Garrard?

Offline TheGodfrey

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1649 on: July 12, 2011, 07:05:07 am »
How can it be blind loyalty when a) one signing has'nt played for us and b) the ''fat Scot' as you refer him to has'nt even signed yet?

If the 2 players are shite 1 or 2 seasons down the line then fine , but this early? Come off it.

YOU think the players are not good enough , forgive me if i would rather watch them play for us first.

Amen
Taliban, Taliban, Yes Papa...
Exploding Bombs..?
No Papa...
Telling Lies..?
No Papa...
Open ur jacket....
Thaa thaa thaaa...

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1650 on: July 12, 2011, 07:33:49 am »
Found these two articles about Henderson from November when he first got called-up to the national team. Both are interesting reads, demonstrating he seems to have the right mentality we're looking for.

Enjoyed reading them two, thanks for posting.

Watched that Romania volley so many times, fantastic goal

Offline jonjosuso

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #1651 on: July 12, 2011, 01:30:12 pm »
I am struggling about, a lot of excitement and focus seems to be on Adam atm but we paid over DOUBLE for this kid and I am hearing very little about him. Is he not included on the China trip?
FSG please eBay Linda's black gloves and we can buy Kuyt back.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: July 12, 2011, 01:31:58 pm »
I am struggling about, a lot of excitement and focus seems to be on Adam atm but we paid over DOUBLE for this kid and I am hearing very little about him. Is he not included on the China trip?
He's taking a well-earned rest (mental and physical) from that dreadful U-21 tournament.

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: July 12, 2011, 04:51:12 pm »
I think he may be back against the friendly vs Hull, only player not in china heading to malaysia is Insua
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: July 12, 2011, 10:02:18 pm »
I think he may be back against the friendly vs Hull, only player not in china heading to malaysia is Insua

Papers today in Ireland said he might make it to Ireland for the friendly against Bray Wanderers on Monday, a Liverpool XI is playing.

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #1655 on: July 16, 2011, 01:28:33 pm »
Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are on henderson and where he is going to slot in? I thionk he is going to be a squad player who will get alot of game time with the view to him taking over from stevie in 2 seasons time.

I mean we have downing now, so i would suspect our attacking three in most games would be as below, with henderson as back up for the rm position and the cm position.

Carroll (kuyt)
                              Suarez(henderson / kuyt)
Downing (maxi) 

Gerrard ( Henderson)

Aqua (adam)

Lucas (spearing)

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1656 on: July 16, 2011, 02:38:48 pm »
Henderson will be largely a sub at the beginning of the season. I say that expecting a starting central midfield consisting largely of Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles, Aquilani and Adam. If his performances challenge any of these, he may get a starting slot. With Gerrard past 31 and Meireles in his late 20s, Henderson is a signing potentially mor for seasons to come than right away.

Having said that, he may well get more chances on the right, alternating with Kuyt.

In other words, I tend to agree with you Zaffarious.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #1657 on: July 16, 2011, 02:47:22 pm »
I actually completely forgot about Henderson. Will be tough for him to make an immediate impact if we (hopefully) keep hold of Aquilani. Even if Raul leaves, his chances will be limited this season
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:51:52 pm by Mr Kipling »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1658 on: July 16, 2011, 04:06:32 pm »
I think he'll spend most of his time on the right. He'll probably start out as a sub,but will get lots of chances. I think he probably knows his regular first-team opportunities are going to come a season or two from now.

Offline AK20

• Kopite
  • Fedor Emelianenko
« Reply #1659 on: July 16, 2011, 04:25:14 pm »
well he's better than spearing and shelvey, so if meireles leaves he'll be next in line after adam, gerrard and aqua...i think he'll feature in alot of games as a sub like lucas did a couple of years ago!

Offline Lowse2011

• Main Stander
« Reply #1660 on: July 21, 2011, 10:08:39 am »
Just had a heated debate with a mate at work, Claims that Hendo is going to be starting a majority of games, be it Vs united or Wolves.

Myself i can see him playing a more bit part role this season, possibley coming into the game off the bench or starting on the RW.

Correct me if im wrong, but does anyone else see this?

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: July 21, 2011, 10:11:33 am »
i've now seen the pics in the photo thread and think that he will be useles, until he learns to close his mouth.....i mean, what sort of pro runs round like he is catching flies?!?!
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1662 on: July 21, 2011, 10:13:32 am »
Can definitely see Henderson playing a lot of games in the right mid role. The guy is a perfect Kenny player...loves to pass and move and ideal for what Kenny sees as one of the wide players. Think depends on whether he will get the initial chances though which basically depends on Kuyt playing up top instead of Suarez at start of season. Without that I still think Kuyt starts right wing (though i think he should be reserve striker) which would hinder Henderson's chances

Offline Lowse2011

• Main Stander
« Reply #1663 on: July 21, 2011, 10:22:26 am »
My thoughts exactly!
Cant see him keeping, Lucas or Adam out the centre personally.
Although he really doesnt rate Lucas at all  :)

Offline red_moon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1664 on: July 21, 2011, 10:28:40 am »
Can definitely see Henderson playing a lot of games in the right mid role. The guy is a perfect Kenny player...loves to pass and move and ideal for what Kenny sees as one of the wide players. Think depends on whether he will get the initial chances though which basically depends on Kuyt playing up top instead of Suarez at start of season. Without that I still think Kuyt starts right wing (though i think he should be reserve striker) which would hinder Henderson's chances

So first league debut aginst his boyhood team?

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1665 on: July 21, 2011, 10:29:13 am »
So first league debut aginst his boyhood team?
Would make a nice story wouldn't it!

Offline red_moon

• Main Stander
« Reply #1666 on: July 21, 2011, 10:33:11 am »
Would make a nice story wouldn't it!

yea, would make it even better if he score a hat-trick

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #1667 on: July 21, 2011, 02:44:59 pm »
Just had a heated debate with a mate at work, Claims that Hendo is going to be starting a majority of games, be it Vs united or Wolves.

Myself i can see him playing a more bit part role this season, possibley coming into the game off the bench or starting on the RW.

Correct me if im wrong, but does anyone else see this?

I personally see Hendo in the 'squad player / one for the future' camp. I think he'll struggle to displace Dirky from RM in the big games. That said, I still see him making 20-30 starts due to injury/rotation.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1668 on: July 23, 2011, 09:27:41 am »
He's going to be a star.  8)
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #1669 on: July 23, 2011, 10:00:57 am »
I think he'll be a regular starter on the right, I think that's what he's been bought for. Think Kuyt will play up front more than on the right next season.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1670 on: July 23, 2011, 10:14:16 am »
Talking to a Sunderland fan the other day. He was gutted Henderson left.

He said that he's a very hardworking lad with his head firmly screwed on. He gives it everything and isn't the finished article but if he continues to progress then 2-3 years down the line he has the potential to be something special.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Rey, por favor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1671 on: July 23, 2011, 04:16:21 pm »
He is going to be very good.
PLEASE DONATE TO MY LONDON MARATHON RUN IN AID OF CROHN'S AND COLITIS UK: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=312885

Offline The Portuguese Kopite

• 16? Yes. Naive? Maybe. Man enough to apologise when he's been a tool? Definitely. Megalolz.
  • Kopite
  • An American-Portuguese English football fan.
« Reply #1672 on: July 23, 2011, 04:18:18 pm »
He is going to be very good.

Agreed.

Offline shafticus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1673 on: July 23, 2011, 04:18:52 pm »
he's looking good today.  not surprised
I read in Wikipedia that his full name is Andrew Thomas Carroll. Such a beautiful name. By the way,

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: July 23, 2011, 04:30:37 pm »
He started well but he's faded as the half has gone on
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1675 on: July 23, 2011, 04:31:31 pm »
he opened up his scoring account today.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: July 23, 2011, 04:35:52 pm »

Doesn't count if it's offside, Pele.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1677 on: July 23, 2011, 04:37:47 pm »

Wrong was offside.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1678 on: July 23, 2011, 04:42:53 pm »
He started well but he's faded as the half has gone on

A bit like your posts lately get a grip will you it's a friendly!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #1679 on: July 23, 2011, 04:43:10 pm »
my stream was dodgy I missed the flag. still looked composed.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.