Author Topic: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges  (Read 387692 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards - 115 Charges - Nothing To See Here
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2023, 01:11:33 pm »
I'd actually say that'd be disappointing. That'd just be 12-13 wins in 23

Unless you actually meant booing and that's not a typo

W12 D7 L4 of the next 23 games should be the minimum we want to have a good chance of Top 4 and an outside chance of a late title challenge.

I really like our start to the season but my expectation is that we’ll be a bit up and down. Generally good, sometimes excellent but also sometimes poor in equal measure. That’s why 12-14 wins is a reasonable expectation for the next 23 games. Some draws and <5 defeats would be good. I’m not being defeatist or trying to dampen my expectations, I just view is as being in earlier stages of a 2-3 year rebuild and therefore expect some bumps in the road.

City aren’t rebuilding and I think could get 85 points or more on autopilot.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2023, 01:30:35 pm »
Such a common turn of phrase after all, absolutely nothing to see here.

You should also use clever quotes from time to time. Nothing wrong with it ...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2023, 02:06:03 pm »
W12 D7 L4 of the next 23 games should be the minimum we want to have a good chance of Top 4 and an outside chance of a late title challenge.

I really like our start to the season but my expectation is that we’ll be a bit up and down. Generally good, sometimes excellent but also sometimes poor in equal measure. That’s why 12-14 wins is a reasonable expectation for the next 23 games. Some draws and <5 defeats would be good. I’m not being defeatist or trying to dampen my expectations, I just view is as being in earlier stages of a 2-3 year rebuild and therefore expect some bumps in the road.

City aren’t rebuilding and I think could get 85 points or more on autopilot.

Fair enough.

Maybe it's just the 3 comebacks we've had already but I see this being a very good season. But things can change quickly of course. Top 4 and a trophy should be doable for this team I feel
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2023, 02:22:57 pm »
They don't look like coming off the boil. They are literally winning games on autopilot and they can step it up if needed. This is without De Bruyne.  Even if Haaland had a long layoff, they'd still be winning because they don't really "need" him.

The odd goal against Sheffield and Newcastle, Pens loss against Arsenal Pens win against Sevilla. None of them super impressive.  Fulham and west ham were pretty dire against them.

idk. Its just a gut feeling but i think over the long haul this year they will find it very hard to stay motivated especially against teams that get well and truly stuck in on them. Got high hopes for forest at the weekend  ;D  I think the other teams have to figure it out still, screw this trying to contain them malarkey. Boot em up and down the pitch see if they have the taste for it still.

plus the 270 point deduction for cheating for a decade will likely hurt   ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2023, 03:06:42 pm »
Fair enough.

Maybe it's just the 3 comebacks we've had already but I see this being a very good season. But things can change quickly of course. Top 4 and a trophy should be doable for this team I feel

I see us being good to very good overall. Somewhere between 75-82 point type team.

I think you need an exceptional team with more limited weaknesses to put up 85+ type seasons.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: September 20, 2023, 03:50:30 pm »
I see us being good to very good overall. Somewhere between 75-82 point type team.

I think you need an exceptional team with more limited weaknesses to put up 85+ type seasons.

I think we can hit 85 this season. Problem is, to win the league we need 90 or above because if City have to, they will get at least 90.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: September 20, 2023, 04:26:07 pm »
I think we can hit 85 this season. Problem is, to win the league we need 90 or above because if City have to, they will get at least 90.

This is how I feel but:

(a) not trying to convince myself that City will drop massively below the 90 point threshold if pushed
(b) view us getting 85 points this season as a huge achievement  I’d be ecstatic with 85 points during a rebuild.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2023, 04:27:10 pm »

But poor old Ped has 15 injuries to deal with, and his £1.5bn squad can't cope.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2023, 04:31:13 pm »
But poor old Ped has 15 injuries to deal with, and his £1.5bn squad can't cope.

Cry me a river you bald steg

(don`t know why steg popped into my brain. Perhaps hankering my school days)
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2023, 04:37:13 pm »
Guardiola crying about having 5 players injured, and only 2 of them being ruled out for definite, he has zero self awareness :lmao

And however many injuries they have, he'll somehow still manage to barely give any academy player a place on the subs bench.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2023, 04:40:53 pm »
He always cries about injuries and they always have pretty much a full squad available for large chunks of the season.  Just takes one of his players breaking a fingernail and he's on his knees, screaming to the heavens about the injustice of it all.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2023, 04:43:49 pm »
I think he's paranoid that no one cares about his accomplishments because of how he's achieved them, so he has to overstate every little setback in an attempt to make all of those trophies appear like they were earned through adversity.

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #332 on: September 20, 2023, 05:05:23 pm »
I think he's paranoid that no one cares about his accomplishments because of how he's achieved them, so he has to overstate every little setback in an attempt to make all of those trophies appear like they were earned through adversity.
This.
He genuinely believes in his bald head that they are doing nothing wrong regarding FFP, etc..

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 20, 2023, 05:41:12 pm »
I'd agree with this - top 4 and the UEFA Cup will do me.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #334 on: September 22, 2023, 12:13:44 pm »
Manchester City’s Premier League charges discussed by UK government and Abu Dhabi - The Athletic

The UK government has admitted its embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) in London have discussed the charges levelled at Manchester City by the Premier League, but are refusing to disclose the correspondence because it could risk the UK’s relationship with the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

In February, the Premier League directed 115 charges at City, which relate to a series of alleged breaches of financial rules between the 2009-10 and 2017-18 seasons.

City are accused by the Premier League of not providing accurate financial information, “in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs”.

The club deny the allegations and in a previous statement pointed to “a body of irrefutable evidence” that will clear them of any wrongdoing.

On April 6, The Athletic, using the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA), requested all correspondence between the FCDO in London and the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi relating the Premier League charges facing Manchester City between December 1, 2022 and March 1, 2023.

An FOI request gives people the right to ask any public authority for the information they hold on record. Once the submission has been acknowledged, the public sector organisation has 20 working days to respond it.

On May 10, the FCDO confirmed it “does hold information falling within the terms” of our request, but delayed handing over the correspondence while considering whether it is in the public interest from an international relations perspective.

And on September 6, the FCDO, citing Section 27(1)(a) of the FOIA, said: “We acknowledge that releasing information on this issue would increase public knowledge about our relations with the UAE.

“The disclosure of information detailing our relationship with the UAE government could potentially damage the bilateral relationship between the UK and the UAE.”

The Athletic has appealed this decision.

We asked Manchester City whether they had any comment in relation to the fact such correspondence exists and that if they are not state-owned or funded, then why are the UK government concerned about jeopardising relations between the UK and UAE? Manchester City did not comment.

The Premier League was asked whether it has received any correspondence at all from UK government employees in relation to the charges levelled at City. The Premier League did not respond.

Manchester City have reiterated many times that they are not state-owned or funded. The club’s owner, Sheikh Mansour, is the vice president and deputy prime minister of the UAE. His half brother, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, is the president of the UAE.

Sheikh Mansour is the majority shareholder in Manchester City via Newton Investment and Development, a company he wholly owns, which is registered in Abu Dhabi and possesses a majority shareholding in City Football Group (CFG).

As such, it would be legally inaccurate to describe City as state-owned, despite Sheikh Mansour’s prominent political positions in the UAE and Abu Dhabi, its capital.

Although the correspondence has been sealed by the FCDO, there is no indication as to what has been said between them and the British Embassy in Abu Dhabi other than the fact City’s Premier League charges have been mentioned.

The UK and UAE has a positive bilateral relationship and in September 2021, the UAE pledged to invest £10billion (now $12.2bn) in UK clean energy, technology and infrastructure. This was in addition to previous investments totalling more than £1billion.

Since City was sold to Sheikh Mansour in September 2008, the club have won seven Premier League titles, three FA Cups, six EFL cups and one Champions League, as well as establishing CFG.

CFG operates a multi-club model, whereby the parent company owns or has stakes in multiple clubs around the world. CFG has full ownership of New York City in the USA and Melbourne City in Australia, as well as Manchester City.

The group also has investment in clubs in China, India, Japan, Uruguay, Bolivia, Belgium, Brazil and Italy.

Might be the least surprising news I've heard. Between this and the Saudi takeover, it's clear that the UK government tells the PL what to do.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #335 on: September 22, 2023, 12:25:01 pm »
Manchester City’s Premier League charges discussed by UK government and Abu Dhabi - The Athletic

Might be the least surprising news I've heard. Between this and the Saudi takeover, it's clear that the UK government tells the PL what to do.
It’s been obvious all along but at least it’s being reported now.
City getting let off again would just confirm it and end any control the PL might’ve had over their own game.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: September 22, 2023, 12:27:56 pm »

Tory c*nts

Call a fucking snap election you roland rat faced fucking midget and fuck off to the States and let us have our game back
Jurgen YNWA

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: September 22, 2023, 12:36:35 pm »
Just wow! That is truly sad.

I really hope they win their appeal.

Pressure needs to be applied to government at local and national levels to ensure the contents of this article aren't swept under the carpet.

Wonder if BBC or SKY will mention this???!!!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: September 22, 2023, 12:39:49 pm »
Bring on the European Super League and ban City, PSG and Newcastle from entering, it's the only way to save the game.

All sporting integrity is null and void if they are in, you saw how the Tories capitulated when MBS threatened to cut trade and investment if the PL didn't allow them to buy Newcastle, and now it's happening all again.

Game is ruined and on its last legs because of the cheating and corruption at state level by these human rights abusive despotic bloodsoaked petro dollar regimes.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #339 on: September 22, 2023, 12:41:50 pm »

It's become a political issue and any "punishment" would be subject to diplomatic implications- which prolly means no punishment.
It's entirely out of the hands of the FA now.

Old news, but see why FIFA banned them from the World Cup(or international competition)... then compare it with what's going on between the UK government and Abu Dhabi or just the PIF situation in general..
Rules apply only to those who don't have money it seems. FIFA's been quiet regarding PIF especially:

https://time.com/6234776/countries-banned-world-cup-russia/

Typically, countries are banned temporarily due to governmental interference or issues with the national federation overseeing the sport.
FIFA had previously suspended the country’s football association, alleging government interference in the country’s local football association.
In 2015, FIFA alleged third-party interference of Indonesia’s local soccer association by the government.

Rules for me, but not for thee.

BUT, I blame member nations as well- especially those who had been banned previously for such things. If they don't complain, nothing will be done.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:05:21 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 22, 2023, 12:50:57 pm »
I was wondering why they have not been punished for not co-operating with investigations, well they don't have to. Threaten the British government to step in to stop all proceedings or else, then carry on.

How can we get our game back?.

There will be no know how or appetite from the vast majority to stop it and within a generation the oil clubs will be the more recognised and championed clubs in the game, people will be used to them.

Can we get our game back?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 12:54:39 pm by red1977 »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #341 on: September 22, 2023, 12:55:02 pm »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: September 22, 2023, 12:57:30 pm »
We asked Manchester City whether they had any comment in relation to the fact such correspondence exists and that if they are not state-owned or funded, then why are the UK government concerned about jeopardising relations between the UK and UAE? Manchester City did not comment.
Good question.

Again, strange behaviour for Man City who, as we have been told have "a body of irrefutable evidence" that will clear them of all wrong doing. Just biding their time, clearly.

Hope the win their appeal.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: September 22, 2023, 01:02:10 pm »
Just to reiterate, this is so fucking sad, although not utterly surprising.

Cannot believe that more is not being made of this in the mainstream. Guardiola should be getting questions about this like Eddie Howe and his owners.

What a fucking day. *sigh*

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: September 22, 2023, 01:02:29 pm »
ESL, ESL, ESL
Jurgen YNWA

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #346 on: September 22, 2023, 01:06:49 pm »
ESL, ESL, ESL
They knew/foresaw it...
Although that is just an escalation - a solution to a problem that should not have been a problem. Gauze on top of ... dressing and gauze.. on top of a wound.

I was wondering why they have not been punished for not co-operating with investigations, well they don't have to. Threaten the British government to step in to stop all proceedings or else, then carry on.

How can we get our game back?.

There will be no know how or appetite from the vast majority to stop it and within a generation the oil clubs will be the more recognised and championed clubs in the game, people will be used to them.

Can we get our game back?

Alas, the game has now become political because of greed by the men in suits- and I cannot see how it can be undone without incurring significant diplomatic retaliation.

The only way this goes away is if the money involved in football dwindles significantly... and that's not happening anytime soon - bar a world financial collapse.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:35:40 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: September 22, 2023, 01:09:52 pm »
They knew/foresaw it...
just about to post that.

20/20 hindsight -- they did the world's worst job of pre-selling the thing.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: September 22, 2023, 01:14:21 pm »
just about to post that.

If they are anyway near decent at PR, they should be making sure that this issue stays in the public conscience...although that is very difficult when so many news outlets either have a vested interest, or are terrified of City's litigious nature.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #349 on: September 22, 2023, 01:16:21 pm »
just about to post that.

They really did. The fact that it was also "clandestine" and "sudden", caused that initial shock response from the public. In that light, it was always a guarantee that people's first reaction would be to protect the way things are- to protect "tradition". It's the normal human response to a shock - to conserve.
If they are anyway near decent at PR, they should be making sure that this issue stays in the public conscience...although that is very difficult when so many news outlets either have a vested interest, or are terrified of City's litigious nature.
This as well. I also think the naming and shaming worked a treat for FIFA.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 01:19:15 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2023, 01:35:40 pm »
The only hope is that Real or Barca pick up on this news and then get Marca et al to run with it...there definitely ain't an appetite for it in UK press. Perhaps UEFA could make an enquiry with the EPL? "We're slightly concerned by a recent report in The Athletic" type of thing? Given that in 8 months they'll be walking off with another UCL title!

Fair play to The Athletic though...at least they tried. However, you can still see from the last few paragraphs how carefully worded the article had to be and the caution taken by the outlet.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2023, 01:55:09 pm »
Are people forgetting that Man City and Chelsea were two of the founding clubs of the proposed ESL?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: September 22, 2023, 02:41:22 pm »
Are people forgetting that Man City and Chelsea were two of the founding clubs of the proposed ESL?

The whole premise was that there would be much stricter financial rules that they would have to abide by.

The alternative was an ESL without them, which would have had much less chance of being successful because clubs not involved in it could afford to take the best players/coaches away from it (which is why I also think Saudi Arabia clubs will eventually be allowed into the CL).
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #353 on: September 22, 2023, 02:46:27 pm »
This is what happens when you let a country own a football team. Who could've guessed?
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #355 on: September 22, 2023, 03:02:58 pm »
Tory c*nts

Call a fucking snap election you roland rat faced fucking midget and fuck off to the States and let us have our game back
Doubt labour would do any different sadly
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #356 on: September 22, 2023, 03:04:32 pm »
Doubt labour would do any different sadly
Certainly not with Starmer as leader.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: September 22, 2023, 03:12:57 pm »
So basically none of the governing bodies who run the game and set the rules can't actually govern the game due to overseas/foreign pressure being applied to our own government.

Is this what our sovereignty looks like?

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 22, 2023, 03:46:51 pm »
£10billion reasons why the Torys would step in here.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: September 22, 2023, 03:52:28 pm »
This is what happens once you let super rich countries own football clubs to sportswash their image.

Anything not going just as they like they'll go crying to your government and threaten to pull out of this or that investment or trade deal worth billions if you don't put the the pressure on and let us do whatever the hell we want.