Author Topic: Chelsea FC  (Read 341031 times)

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea FC - the Prodigal Messiah Returns
« Reply #30040 on: June 24, 2023, 11:07:58 am »
Still need bodies. Starting 11 quality or not. Ramsay is going too. So SIX at very least. Half the team are crocks as it is and I think 4 first teamers coming in  is massively unlikely. Hoping to unearth young gems for 20-30mill at best.

Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.

So top 8 will be a massive struggle based on you deciding we just aren't going to sign players?

You call us a team of crocks that need numbers, by all accounts it appears we are getting those numbers and the players leaving that we do desperately needed are by in large the players that get injured so often.

Of the 6 players going, they have played a total of 3073 minutes in the league last year. By comparison our one signing so far had 2886 minutes in the season - in the league one player we have signed played a collective 2 games less in minutes than the entirety of the 6 leaving us. Further of those 6 players, Milner and Firmino take up 70% of the minutes.

Yeah we need to sign players, and it appears we will, but you are declaring we won't make top 8 because we lost so many players and not getting many in, well the players that have gone barely contributed beyond 2 of them and even then as fringe players. You are talking as if we are losing 6 integral players who are always fit when it is far from the truth

You are also making this decision that we won't get more players in on Saturday June 24yh, a full 7 weeks before the season starts, hell weeks before preseason starts.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 11:09:50 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #30041 on: June 24, 2023, 11:14:56 am »
Just a reminder, they bought all the shiny new toys they could last season, changed manager, and finished 12th.

;)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30042 on: June 24, 2023, 11:43:13 am »
So top 8 will be a massive struggle based on you deciding we just aren't going to sign players?

You call us a team of crocks that need numbers, by all accounts it appears we are getting those numbers and the players leaving that we do desperately needed are by in large the players that get injured so often.

Of the 6 players going, they have played a total of 3073 minutes in the league last year. By comparison our one signing so far had 2886 minutes in the season - in the league one player we have signed played a collective 2 games less in minutes than the entirety of the 6 leaving us. Further of those 6 players, Milner and Firmino take up 70% of the minutes.

Yeah we need to sign players, and it appears we will, but you are declaring we won't make top 8 because we lost so many players and not getting many in, well the players that have gone barely contributed beyond 2 of them and even then as fringe players. You are talking as if we are losing 6 integral players who are always fit when it is far from the truth

You are also making this decision that we won't get more players in on Saturday June 24yh, a full 7 weeks before the season starts, hell weeks before preseason starts.

By all accounts? Perhaps I know more about what’s going on. We won’t be bringing in THOSE NUMBERS i am afraid. End it there.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30043 on: June 24, 2023, 11:58:35 am »
By all accounts? Perhaps I know more about what’s going on. We won’t be bringing in THOSE NUMBERS i am afraid. End it there.

Perhaps you do know more, I don't know your credentials, all I know is most of our journalists are saying 2 more midfielders and a CB.

Let me know then how many are we getting in and will this mean Chelsea finish well ahead of us?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #30044 on: June 24, 2023, 12:00:47 pm »

Interesting that you don't reveal any of your sources to "prove" you accusations.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30045 on: June 24, 2023, 12:02:37 pm »
Why would I? Time will.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #30046 on: June 24, 2023, 12:04:25 pm »
Why would I? Time will.

Then I remain sceptical you have the sources. It's nothing new people being negative these days, some wear it as their badge on all things.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30047 on: June 24, 2023, 12:18:34 pm »
It's nothing new people being negative these days, some wear it as their badge on all things.

Depressing, isn't it Jill? :(

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30048 on: June 24, 2023, 12:19:22 pm »
Why would I? Time will.

That's honestly a rather adversarial response, if you have actual information I am sure everyone would be interested to hear (even if you don't say the source just what you were told).

Similarly if it is just your opinion I am sure people will be alright with that as well and discuss it (obviously with a bit of lighthearted pisstaking as you would find in a forum)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #30049 on: June 24, 2023, 12:24:48 pm »
And its certainly not just about Chelsea. Everyone around us will strengthen. Not even thinking about the Slavers and Arsenal. We won’t.

transfer thread is stuck at the top of the forum.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #30050 on: June 24, 2023, 12:28:34 pm »
Let’s see who is “whining” during the season eh.
You, because that's literally all you've done so far. It's boring and tiresome to read the same drivel. Go cry about it on Twitter. This is the Chelsea sub, in case you missed it during your cryarsing session.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 12:36:16 pm by Persephone »
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30051 on: June 24, 2023, 03:10:52 pm »
Then I remain sceptical you have the sources. It's nothing new people being negative these days, some wear it as their badge on all things.

Stick it out Jill. It's always heartening to see people like you and others responding to doom mongers so we know not everyone has given up!
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30052 on: June 24, 2023, 08:04:43 pm »
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much.

Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close to silverware.

See ya’s  :wave

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30053 on: June 24, 2023, 08:09:16 pm »
Bye.  :wave

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30054 on: June 24, 2023, 08:11:41 pm »
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much.

Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close to silverware.

Well I didn't know, so that's why I asked in as civil a way as possible if you would be happy to share what you know as I am sure people would be interested.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #30055 on: June 24, 2023, 11:37:31 pm »
Let’s see who is “whining” during the season eh.
I'm guessing you. Reckon I'll be right
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #30056 on: June 25, 2023, 07:15:20 am »

Think you need to calm down.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #30057 on: June 25, 2023, 12:58:48 pm »

Go and shit the bed.  :wave

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #30058 on: June 25, 2023, 03:14:42 pm »
Go and shit the bed.  :wave

Whilst cheering us on to 9th. ;D

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #30059 on: June 28, 2023, 08:39:39 pm »
having just flicked on the bbc footy page and see yet another chelsea player fucking off, mendy, are chelsea selling absolutely every fucking player they told us was good? i have no idea what they're going to be left with but it's gonna be a team of names i've never even heard of by the looks of it
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30060 on: June 28, 2023, 08:44:17 pm »
having just flicked on the bbc footy page and see yet another chelsea player fucking off, mendy, are chelsea selling absolutely every fucking player they told us was good? i have no idea what they're going to be left with but it's gonna be a team of names i've never even heard of by the looks of it

I'm hoping Boehly buys them a third Fofana to complete his collection.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #30061 on: June 30, 2023, 07:54:03 pm »
Completed a signing off another dud.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #30062 on: June 30, 2023, 08:28:35 pm »
Another 8 year contract, I thought that was being stopped?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #30063 on: June 30, 2023, 08:33:41 pm »
Another 8 year contract, I thought that was being stopped?

My understanding is that clubs can still hand out 8 year contracts if they choose to but for the purposes of FFP they won't be able to spread the transfer fee over 8 years in the accounts - the maximum will be 5 years.

So if you sign a player for £40m you can put it on the books as £8m per year over 5 years but not as £5m per year over 8 years.

Link to an article in The Times explaining this: https://archive.is/zCS3n
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30064 on: June 30, 2023, 08:37:40 pm »
Completed a signing off another dud.

They are playing real life Foodball Manager. Nothing about Nicolas Jackson suggests that he is worth €37 million ...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #30065 on: June 30, 2023, 08:38:35 pm »
Ah OK, that makes sense. Still can't believe they're handing out such mad contracts!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #30066 on: June 30, 2023, 08:44:58 pm »
This thread seems to offer facts that contradict. So a direct question. The UEFA ruling on the 5-year amortization of the players contracts comes in on July 1, and will not be applied retroactively. Doesn't that mean that all of Chelsea contracts will be accepted as-is and the players' contracts will be amortized in 7-8 years, whatever they signed for?

Chelsea seem to be getting as many as possible through the door before July 1. 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30067 on: June 30, 2023, 08:53:10 pm »
This thread seems to offer facts that contradict. So a direct question. The UEFA ruling on the 5-year amortization of the players contracts comes in on July 1, and will not be applied retroactively. Doesn't that mean that all of Chelsea contracts will be accepted as-is and the players' contracts will be amortized in 7-8 years, whatever they signed for?

Well, they won't get international clearance before July 1st for any of their latest deals ...

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30068 on: June 30, 2023, 08:59:27 pm »

International window doesn't open until 1st July, so any transfers made in this window (Nkunku, Jackson) will be under the new rules.

The signings made last summer/in January won't be subject to the 5 year limit.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #30069 on: June 30, 2023, 09:01:03 pm »
Gotcha, thanks.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #30070 on: July 3, 2023, 08:50:31 pm »
Must admit I was surprised to see the fee’s being bandied about for Christian Pulisic, there’s talk of him going to Italy or France for as little as £20m.
Now I know he has blown a bit hot and cold at Chelsea but on his day the lad is almost De Bruyne-like, he has that ability to breeze past players like they are not even there, he’s still only 24 as well.
I know we don’t need a wide attacker but at that price and given his potentially high cieling im genuinely surprised we haven’t put a sneaky offer in.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30071 on: July 3, 2023, 09:14:08 pm »
Does this thread need a 'Poch related' title now?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30072 on: July 3, 2023, 09:15:04 pm »
Must admit I was surprised to see the fee’s being bandied about for Christian Pulisic, there’s talk of him going to Italy or France for as little as £20m.
Now I know he has blown a bit hot and cold at Chelsea but on his day the lad is almost De Bruyne-like, he has that ability to breeze past players like they are not even there, he’s still only 24 as well.
I know we don’t need a wide attacker but at that price and given his potentially high cieling im genuinely surprised we haven’t put a sneaky offer in.
He's injury prone and he's stagnated a bit.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30073 on: July 3, 2023, 09:25:35 pm »
He's injury prone and he's stagnated a bit.
If he can't stay fit for a Chelsea team who periodically take a six months off from playing football then he'd have no hope of staying fit for us.

He's a very good player when he's fit and firing.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30074 on: July 3, 2023, 10:20:10 pm »
Left side attacker is not the need. He need go a spot where he going for his development. Also need Injury Prone. Basically Ac Milan wants to 20ish and Chelsea wants 30 for a player who want to leave on the last year of the deal

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30075 on: July 3, 2023, 10:38:54 pm »

Even Thiago is like a Terminator compared to Pulisic ...

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #30076 on: July 3, 2023, 11:44:42 pm »
I hear what you lads are saying but at 24 he’s got the best years of his career ahead of him and if Jurgen did manage to get the best out of him we really would have something special on our hands. He always plays well when he turns out for the yanks so maybe his inconsistency in terms of form may be down to his environment.
That’s another thing as well he’d help increase our fan base in the states, £20m is sod all these days. I’m surprised our under valued by the market mob haven’t already had him down on their list.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30077 on: July 3, 2023, 11:46:12 pm »
I hear what you lads are saying but at 24 he’s got the best years of his career ahead of him and if Jurgen did manage to get the best out of him we really would have something special on our hands. He always plays well when he turns out for the yanks so maybe his inconsistency in terms of form may be down to his environment.
That’s another thing as well he’d help increase our fan base in the states, £20m is sod all these days. I’m surprised our under valued by the market mob haven’t already had him down on their list.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/christian-pulisic/verletzungen/spieler/315779

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30078 on: July 3, 2023, 11:54:41 pm »

Yeah, the fee is low... but he plays on the left and we've already got 68 players for that spot... and he's made of poppadoms.

:)

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30079 on: July 4, 2023, 10:24:25 am »

Very definition of all fart no shit. One of the most overrated players I’ve seen for a long time. He just does nothing. Good dribbler but so underwhelming. He mostly does well for the US because most of their opponents are joiners, bakers and bank managers. What did he do at the World Cup?