Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3097413 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #20600 on: July 11, 2023, 05:28:26 pm »
Khéphren Thuram is now expected to remain at Nice this season, as the midfielder eyes a spot in the Euro 2024 France squad. [@lequipe x @GFFN]

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20601 on: July 11, 2023, 05:31:47 pm »
Well I promise not to say I told you so when it happens.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #20602 on: July 11, 2023, 05:42:47 pm »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20603 on: July 11, 2023, 05:46:57 pm »
Lavia pretty much done now.

Colwill isn’t the CB target, Bella-Kotchap is.

Have you got inside connections to the club as well? Nice. The last guy who claimed that said we won't be buying anyone for more than 40m a few days before we signed Szoboszlai so they obviously knew their stuff.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20604 on: July 11, 2023, 05:48:01 pm »
You were attached to a shit player, fuck off.

Harsh, remember he set up Gerrard brilliantly for his goal when we beat Beşiktaş 8-0.

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20605 on: July 11, 2023, 05:55:02 pm »

I will not have you besmirch a greatly entertaining player! Voronin had amazing game intelligence that he always managed to pop up in goal-scoring positions and managed to have such shit technique that no shot was on target. He truly is the antithesis of players with amazing technique and nothing between the ears.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #20606 on: July 11, 2023, 06:02:50 pm »
Technically he may have only been attached to the ponytail, which is a far different matter.

also everybody casually writing hendo off as a spent force off is nuts.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #20607 on: July 11, 2023, 06:03:31 pm »
I will not have you besmirch a greatly entertaining player! Voronin had amazing game intelligence that he always managed to pop up in goal-scoring positions and managed to have such shit technique that no shot was on target. He truly is the antithesis of players with amazing technique and nothing between the ears.

His wife had great pants.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #20608 on: July 11, 2023, 06:13:15 pm »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Voronin’s ponytail

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #20609 on: July 11, 2023, 06:17:32 pm »

If we’d kept him instead of signing Suárez who knows what we might have achieved.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #20610 on: July 11, 2023, 06:18:51 pm »

I appreciate you're being light hearted but can we wind in telling people to fuck off? Not everyone who posts on RAWK can be expected to know others' posting styles etc and it comes across as needlessly aggressive.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20611 on: July 11, 2023, 06:22:19 pm »
Harsh, remember he set up Gerrard brilliantly for his goal when we beat Beşiktaş 8-0.

key goal, too.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20612 on: July 11, 2023, 06:22:36 pm »

Are you a Liverpool or Southampton ITK?  :D

Offline False9

• Took the oil money!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #20613 on: July 11, 2023, 06:23:15 pm »
That is never going to happen. You might not value the Europa but it still has a guaranteed place in the CL for the winners and it would be nice to have a Cup to lift at the end of the season.

We could get relegated, then. I'm confident we can win the championship. And must be nice to have a trophy to lift at the end of the season.

If we want to lift a trophy, there's only one that we should be looking next season: Premier League.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20614 on: July 11, 2023, 06:23:23 pm »
If we’d kept him instead of signing Suárez who knows what we might have achieved.

One less league cup? :D *

* and the forever line: "what are they smoking over there in the Emirates?"

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20615 on: July 11, 2023, 06:24:15 pm »
Have you got inside connections to the club as well? Nice. The last guy who claimed that said we won't be buying anyone for more than 40m a few days before we signed Szoboszlai so they obviously knew their stuff.
But the first mention of our interest in Szoboszlai came from a RAWK user in May, so I'm all ears for RAWK ITKs.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20616 on: July 11, 2023, 06:24:36 pm »
He also scored a great goal away at Toulouse in a CL qualifier IIRC.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20617 on: July 11, 2023, 06:25:41 pm »
He has to move on though. We're wasting the lads career. He's 26 and has only played 69 first team football matches. Elliott at 20 has played 113, even pretty much missing a season with a bad injury.

Bournemouth would have been a good move for him after promotion but we were holding out for money that wasn't going to come in.

no argument there but my guess is the club won't be taking advantage of him, he is very well thought of, for good reason.

as for BHA, like everyone else, I have no clue what they offered apart from rumours of course.  do you know (emphasis - know) the details of what was discussed?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20618 on: July 11, 2023, 06:30:00 pm »
I appreciate you're being light hearted but can we wind in telling people to fuck off? Not everyone who posts on RAWK can be expected to know others' posting styles etc and it comes across as needlessly aggressive.
I've been trying to get the same point across to him (a lot less eloquently than you :) ).  it's really bloody tedious.

seems like either he doesn't care, or thinks it makes him look hard, or smart, or something. 

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20619 on: July 11, 2023, 06:31:20 pm »
Shut up fool, Jk knows I might be a dickhead but I'm not a DICKHEAD.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20620 on: July 11, 2023, 06:32:01 pm »
wanna bet?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #20621 on: July 11, 2023, 06:33:12 pm »

It's a grey area :lmao

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #20622 on: July 11, 2023, 06:35:02 pm »
I had Voronin on the back of that lovely black third kit with the red stripe. Still think there was more to him than we saw at LFC (one of a number of forwards this applies to as well - Keane, Aspas, Balotelli, probably Morientes).

Nearly added Carroll to that list but relented, as I think we basically saw the best of him in an LFC shirt and he just wasn't particularly good.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 06:38:24 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #20623 on: July 11, 2023, 06:41:13 pm »
We could get relegated, then. I'm confident we can win the championship. And must be nice to have a trophy to lift at the end of the season.

If we want to lift a trophy, there's only one that we should be looking next season: Premier League.
What a weird post.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20624 on: July 11, 2023, 06:47:08 pm »

Are still ok telling Samie to fuck off though? Asking for a friend..

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #20625 on: July 11, 2023, 06:48:22 pm »
I had Voronin on the back of that lovely black third kit with the red stripe. Still think there was more to him than we saw at LFC (one of a number of forwards this applies to as well - Keane, Aspas, Balotelli, probably Morientes).

Nearly added Carroll to that list but relented, as I think we basically saw the best of him in an LFC shirt and he just wasn't particularly good.

He was ace for Mainz in the 2002/03 season  ;D  It earnt him a move to Bundesliga.

I’m not sure if there was that much more to him to be honest, he wasn’t a big goal scorer in the Bundesliga either. It was a bit mad that he got hismelf a move to Liverpool.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20626 on: July 11, 2023, 06:48:27 pm »
But the first mention of our interest in Szoboszlai came from a RAWK user in May, so I'm all ears for RAWK ITKs.

Not if they can't hear when snooping..

"Doris we need more ketchup for the boss"

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20627 on: July 11, 2023, 06:59:28 pm »
So
Van De Ven - Reports in Wolfsburg we discussed him & don't think he is ready for us,Aerial stats are awful
Colwill - Nearly impossible to sign
Guehi - Too expensive
Inacio - Release clause but doesnt seem  are interested
Bastoni - Italian & will probably stay at Inter
Hincapie - Out for 3 months probably a bit small as well

Not really too many obvious signings for a left footed CB.
More so than another midfielder it is critical we get another CB. Ideally left footed but if not just another good CB.
I am not too sure on who will get as an LCB

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #20628 on: July 11, 2023, 07:08:40 pm »
Lavia or bust.

Whatever happened to a romantic kiss first?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20629 on: July 11, 2023, 07:12:54 pm »
He has to move on though. We're wasting the lads career. He's 26 and has only played 69 first team football matches. Elliott at 20 has played 113, even pretty much missing a season with a bad injury.

Bournemouth would have been a good move for him after promotion but we were holding out for money that wasn't going to come in.

Elliott's a prodigy who made his first team debut for Fulham barely 16 yo.

Nat Phillips is a guy who looked like he was on his way out of pro football to go to college in the States, and ended up with a Liverpool goal against Burnley, a Cruyff turn past Zlatan in his own box in the San Siro, and playing a huge part in the story of LFC surviving the great centre back crisis of 2020/21 and getting to the Champions League. No one made him sign a contract extension.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20630 on: July 11, 2023, 07:13:47 pm »

Interesting. I should also point out that I bought Mascherano for Liverpoool in Pro Evo in 2006 so if you want any more ITK insights, just let me know.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20631 on: July 11, 2023, 07:15:59 pm »
He also scored a great goal away at Toulouse in a CL qualifier IIRC.

3pm kick off mid-week because it was a public holiday in France. Wild times.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #20632 on: July 11, 2023, 07:20:54 pm »

I'll give it 2 hours before Kotchap to Liverpool starts trending on Twitter.

If anyone is left on there that is. As they all seem to be leaving that platform like rats fleeing a sinking ship
YWNA

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #20633 on: July 11, 2023, 07:27:16 pm »

I'm still waiting for the apology from Plateau and all the other fraud merchants who claimed Thuram would be a Liverpool player.
None will be coming.
YWNA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20634 on: July 11, 2023, 07:31:09 pm »
wanna bet?

Steel Cage - No Holds Barred match - now!

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20635 on: July 11, 2023, 07:33:29 pm »
I'll give it 2 hours before Kotchap to Liverpool starts trending on Twitter.

Can we get Matheus Nunes trending on there, just for the meltdown it would cause.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #20636 on: July 11, 2023, 07:34:53 pm »
no argument there but my guess is the club won't be taking advantage of him, he is very well thought of, for good reason.

as for BHA, like everyone else, I have no clue what they offered apart from rumours of course.  do you know (emphasis - know) the details of what was discussed?
Think you already know the answer to that ;)

He doesn't know. No one does. People tend to hear a few rumours, create a plausibe sounding (to them) narrative from them, egged on by others, and then a week later forget they'd made it up and treat it as established fact forevermore.

(This is a general observation, by the way, not restricted to any one person or even to football fans)

No one really knows what's happening with Nat, but just based on the characters of Klopp and Nat and the way the club act I doubt he has been prevented from moving somewhere that we was keen to go to just because offers weren't high enough. If he really wanted to go to a club that was making an offer, Klopp would have let him go, even if the final price was below our valuation.

If a move hasn't happened it's probably because he's content to stay rather than take any offers that have been made (if any have been made for certain)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 07:37:01 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #20637 on: July 11, 2023, 07:41:50 pm »
Yeah Fuck Off Samie :)
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #20638 on: July 11, 2023, 07:48:52 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #20639 on: July 11, 2023, 07:50:25 pm »
:lmao

John Merrickness!  :lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W