Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 588760 times)

Offline Ocean Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • What doesn't kill you, makes you...stranger!!!
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #7480 on: November 10, 2019, 01:00:17 pm »
Has anyone seen the tweet he has sent out about Chelsea. Torres can fuck off. Great player when he was here but left us for the Chelsea scum, he is just another Michael Owen. Both will never be seen as Liverpool FC legends.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7481 on: November 10, 2019, 01:49:00 pm »
Has anyone seen the tweet he has sent out about Chelsea. Torres can fuck off. Great player when he was here but left us for the Chelsea scum, he is just another Michael Owen. Both will never be seen as Liverpool FC legends.

Link?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7482 on: November 10, 2019, 01:55:17 pm »
Link?

It was fucking disgusting mate, trust me you don’t want to see it. Frankly for this sort of thing we should denounce his time here. Strike him from the records.

He tweeted ‘come on you blues’ yesterday when Chelsea were playing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7484 on: November 10, 2019, 03:08:39 pm »
He won trophies with them. I have no problem with that. I’m sure he also supports us but he is in no way a Luis Garcia type of player that is always just about Liverpool and is a proper Reds fan. Torres was all about Torres and that’s how it is.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7485 on: November 10, 2019, 03:15:01 pm »
He won trophies with them. I have no problem with that. I’m sure he also supports us but he is in no way a Luis Garcia type of player that is always just about Liverpool and is a proper Reds fan. Torres was all about Torres and that’s how it is.

I wasn't too arsed when he left, i think we sold him at the right time. His comments after he left however, left a bit of bitter taste.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7486 on: November 10, 2019, 03:19:30 pm »
I think for most people, selling Torres was especially painful because it came as a cherry on a huge cake of shit we’ve enjoyed during those years. There was no stability, hope was in short supply and now our talisman striker is leaving for Chelsea. It was definitely the right time but it did hurt - a lot.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7487 on: November 10, 2019, 03:48:26 pm »
I saw on LFC Reddit today that Torres posted a goal he scored against City an Anfield.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #7488 on: November 10, 2019, 09:36:06 pm »
I think for most people, selling Torres was especially painful because it came as a cherry on a huge cake of shit we’ve enjoyed during those years. There was no stability, hope was in short supply and now our talisman striker is leaving for Chelsea. It was definitely the right time but it did hurt - a lot.
nicely put and sums it up well

good move for his family n money situation

but like a dagger in the heart for us fans

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #7490 on: July 1, 2020, 04:15:01 am »
I think our Torres experience was a probably a timely (but painful) lesson about never (emotionally) over-investing any one player and always needing to remain aware of the competitive and mercenary nature of the game as a whole. No matter what kind of name or reputation a club's carved out for itself over the years......if and when it falls into a weakened, uncertain position, then assets can be lost and other clubs who appear to have their shit together can begin to look extremely attractive to players who (understandably) are keen to establish their own worth and ship out for what appears to be "greener" pastures.

If you've got more or less just "one" exciting, world-class player with a lot of hope and expectation invested in them, then the sense of pain, loss and anger is going to be greatly exacerbated if they decide to leave.

The nature of football is always going to present occasions when the playing environment (behind the scenes) is uncertain and less than ideal in terms of player retention. It can take time to build an environment which both attracts and helps retain a unified player/manager collective and there's nothing quite like an ambitious, (well paid) "happy camp" when it comes to helping players feel that they are definitely where they ought to be.

Can we really reflect back in all honesty, and believe that Torres was trying to leave a "happy camp" or would it be fairer on the lad to concede that he was simply trying find one for himself, and that we didn't really have one to offer him at the time....such were the owner/managerial upheavals and general shenanigans occurring within the club back then?

I mean, we can see this more clearly now because the club has evolved and stabilized tremendously since that time, to the extent that we're now a "magnet" for ambitious players.....but back when Torres left, we had slipped into being a "repellent" and that's what made Chelsea's approach to Torres (and his acceptance) all the more unpalatable....because I think many of us knew what it really signified, and it was a very bitter pill to swallow.   
YNWA

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #7491 on: September 5, 2020, 09:59:14 am »
This documentary looks good. Anyone else planning on watching it?

(Sorry, not sure how to properly embed a YT video on this forum).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4LzbwyPsFVI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4LzbwyPsFVI</a>
« Last Edit: September 5, 2020, 05:09:49 pm by Elliemental »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #7492 on: September 5, 2020, 04:52:31 pm »
This documentary looks good. Anyone else planning on watching it?

(Sorry, not sure how to properly embed a YT video on this forum).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzbwyPsFVI&ab_channel=AmazonPrimeVideoSport

Delete "watch?".  Then delete the first "=" and replace it with a '/'.  Then put it within the flash tags (I tend to change the ratio to 500,400 at that stage.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4LzbwyPsFVI&amp;ab_channel=AmazonPrimeVideoSport" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4LzbwyPsFVI&amp;ab_channel=AmazonPrimeVideoSport</a>

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #7493 on: September 5, 2020, 05:10:12 pm »
Delete "watch?".  Then delete the first "=" and replace it with a '/'.  Then put it within the flash tags (I tend to change the ratio to 500,400 at that stage.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4LzbwyPsFVI&amp;ab_channel=AmazonPrimeVideoSport" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4LzbwyPsFVI&amp;ab_channel=AmazonPrimeVideoSport</a>

Got it now, thank you!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7494 on: September 15, 2020, 07:38:11 pm »
Henry Winter interview with him in The Times. Full interview behind a paywall though.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liverpool-were-my-family-but-they-hated-me-it-was-very-painful-03kx3x6v7

“I felt Liverpool was family and they were hating me. It was very painful. Every time I went back with Chelsea they were booing me. But with time Liverpool fans and myself are friends again.” Torres interview on #lfc, #cfc and the new film of his career

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7495 on: September 15, 2020, 09:18:36 pm »
Looks interesting, will be watching that over the weekend.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #7496 on: September 16, 2020, 12:47:40 am »
thanks for info about the docu. Will look for it :)

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7497 on: September 16, 2020, 08:32:49 am »
Henry Winter interview with him in The Times. Full interview behind a paywall though.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/liverpool-were-my-family-but-they-hated-me-it-was-very-painful-03kx3x6v7

Nando, you were showered with so much love and affection so it was inevitable you would receive a hostile reception.

Probably my favourite player from when he signed till he left. His partnership with Stevie was telepathic and his assist for Stevie's goal vs. Everton (I think) was incredibly sublime. Remember like yesterday his first goal vs. Chelsea, the Marseille dribble, the screamer vs. Blackburn, the headers vs. Chelsea (and the Rafa celebration), Man Utd away, Man utd at home when he played with an injured ankle and still outmuscled Rio, etc. So many memorable goals and I'm sorta glad you never got close to those heights with Chelsea although you won some trophies with them.

Probably had one of the best adverts with Nike and his chant was amongst the best sung from the Kop (and the bouncing away at Craven cottage!).
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7498 on: September 17, 2020, 11:47:00 pm »
It's sad but him and Owen made their own beds

They knew they were half crocked and still thought they could move to the 'next level'

They could have adapted much better here and still had long careers somewhere they were appreciated

Although to be fair, maybe that was impossible. In the Athletic piece I read about the doc, he didn't even consider staying here, just wishes he could have moved to another country. Certain people at the club wanting to cash in and him just wanting to move on after everything that was happening. I think it just stings with me given at the time he left the mood at the club was much better, and even if he was a lesser player, I do think he could have still been good for us. Definitely more useful than Carroll.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #7499 on: September 18, 2020, 09:00:39 am »
you or me was more useful than carroll

must be hard to accept all the same when the body wont do it anymore, you would stubbornly deny it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #7500 on: September 18, 2020, 09:06:01 pm »
I thought his documentary was released today in the UK but I can’t find it?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline aditya0912

• Kopite
« Reply #7501 on: September 18, 2020, 09:49:33 pm »
“Throughout my career, I always thought when I left football and looked back years later, I’d remember the trophies,” he says. “I didn’t realise how wrong I was.”

His biggest club titles came when he was at the lowest point in his career. Rates what he had with LFC fans higher than titles at Chelsea.

At least he is being honest about it.
Thank You, Rafa Benitez

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #7502 on: September 18, 2020, 10:26:54 pm »
“Throughout my career, I always thought when I left football and looked back years later, I’d remember the trophies,” he says. “I didn’t realise how wrong I was.”

His biggest club titles came when he was at the lowest point in his career. Rates what he had with LFC fans higher than titles at Chelsea.

That line really stuck out to me, too. I mean, he was perfectly honest about going to Chelsea for the trophies and let's not go into that infamous interview he gave to Chelsea's TV channel. But yeah, that was quite sad really. In the end, what he chased the most turned out to be relatively unimportant.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7503 on: September 20, 2020, 12:44:12 pm »

God, that's made me feel a bit sad.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7504 on: September 26, 2020, 08:51:58 am »

That's really sad that. I don't think he really appreciated what he had here and I felt at the time he made a huge mistake in not giving Kenny a chance. Him and Suarez together was something I would have loved to have seen.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline cs09

• Boys Pen
« Reply #7505 on: September 26, 2020, 04:02:57 pm »
I really enjoyed the documentary on Amazon and would highly recommend it. I would suggest watching as a Torres fan more than an LFC fan.

I never really saw him as a superstar personality, somewhat withdraw to be really marketable in the same way Ronaldo or Beckham is.

That said it was an enjoyable watch, and serves as a sort of overview of how his career panned out in line with his personal goals. No real affinity is shown towards any club except, of course, Atletico.

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
« Reply #7506 on: September 27, 2020, 01:48:34 am »
Good documentary seems like a very serious kind of fella. Shame he never won anything with us.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #7507 on: October 1, 2020, 02:29:55 pm »
Good documentary seems like a very serious kind of fella. Shame he never won anything with us.

I remember a Carragher interview where he said you couldn't really joke with Torres, he was very serious. Stevie said something similar, but did say he didn't care what he was like off the pitch because on it, Torres was unstoppable.   

I'll always have a soft spot for him, because he was my teenage idol/crush and was devastated when he left but the adult in me understands it now and I wish him nothing but the best because he gave me some truly amazing memories.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #7508 on: October 3, 2020, 05:00:08 pm »
I'm sure he gave Vidic some amazing memories too.
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7509 on: October 3, 2020, 05:10:42 pm »
That's really sad that. I don't think he really appreciated what he had here and I felt at the time he made a huge mistake in not giving Kenny a chance. Him and Suarez together was something I would have loved to have seen.

I was in Kirklands on a Friday night and the news came on the telly we'd signed Suarez. Got home, turned on teletext to have a gloat and saw that Torres had put in a transfer request.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #7510 on: October 4, 2020, 02:25:26 am »
Good watch, Love Torres, its a shame he never won a single trophy with us.

I could understand why he left us at the time, we were in shambles.. but shouldn't have gone to the rent boys

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #7511 on: November 30, 2020, 05:16:35 pm »
My heart broke when he left! Remember exactly where i was when i heard the news (how sad!).

I thought the documentary was really good and interesting to get some understanding of where his head was at. For those that don't want to watch it, he was driven by wanting to win trophies and for Torres FC. Didn't think he would with Liverpool so decided he had to leave. Interesting that he accepts his happy moments was scoring goals and being generally content even if he wasn't winning trophies.

I have 'forgiven' Torres like someone said further up but his love is A. Madrid, that's clear from the documentary. Liverpool, Chelsea, Japan all places he went for trophies, culture etc.

Still the best song ever...

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #7512 on: January 19, 2021, 06:36:37 pm »
Uhhh, what happened to El Niño?  :o

I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #7513 on: January 19, 2021, 06:38:15 pm »
Do you even lift bro?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7514 on: January 19, 2021, 06:41:05 pm »
Is he going to be the new Captain America?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7515 on: January 19, 2021, 06:41:49 pm »

Swallowed the air hose...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7516 on: January 19, 2021, 06:42:04 pm »
Looks like a used car salesman

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #7517 on: January 19, 2021, 06:43:28 pm »

He grew up

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7518 on: January 19, 2021, 06:43:52 pm »
Coming back to play Centre Back for us. Ain't no one going to move or outpace Nando now.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7519 on: January 19, 2021, 07:48:40 pm »

He went from being the kid to "wanna have my kids?"
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590