Author Topic: FA Cup Draw  (Read 161955 times)

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup Draw
« Reply #1160 on: January 13, 2017, 04:15:04 pm »
Another early kick off if we get there, fuck off

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1161 on: January 13, 2017, 04:17:06 pm »
These dickheads are a reason the FA Cup is going down the toilet. Fucking rubbish. Guess it's all about the viewing figures.

Mark Ogden ‏@MarkOgden_ 15m15 minutes ago
Man Utd v Wigan only on TV if Bolton get knocked out by Palace next week

Mark Ogden ‏@MarkOgden_ 14m14 minutes ago
So if it's Palace v Man City in Rd 4, Man Utd v Wigan will be on BBC

And this is laughable. Palace or Bolton v City is far better than Utd at home to Wigan so the Palace/Bolton replay should be irrelevant.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: January 13, 2017, 04:17:16 pm »
Not that any further proof was needed of the contemptous way that LFC treats its fanbase, but this is how they handled my complaint today:

From me:

I reported to the club yesterday by phone that your ticketing website was having problems and I was assured they were being fixed. Today, unbelievably, you went ahead with the next Plymouth sale while these problems were ongoing. I got a sufficiently low queue time to be able to get a ticket, but once on the website, I was getting the same error as yesterday.

Reading comments on RAWK, it seems that a few people were not affected but many were, and the problem persisted across most browsers types and platforms. Here's a sample error I got in Chrome running on Windows 7:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: BC31007: Unable to open module file 'D:\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\5f754feb\376a8bb6\App_Theme_PWS.Liverpool.we4hcthq.0.vb': System Error &Hc0000005& (Visual Basic internal compiler error)

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: D:\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\5f754feb\376a8bb6\App_Theme_PWS.Liverpool.we4hcthq.0.vb : Line: 0

Show Detailed Compiler Output:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34249

As it was, I kept trying after the match sold out, and the error became less persistent and I was able to pick up two singles that popped up, so I am now sorted, but LFC should NOT be going ahead with sales when the website is not working for everyone and there are known problems. You should rearrange the sale once you have the website working. It is completely unacceptable that people can miss out on games because of your non-functioning IT.

Regards, Martin.

Reply from LFC:

Dear Martin

Thank you for contacting Liverpool Football Club.

I have checked on the system and can see you successfully made the purchase of the Plymouth away ticket.

I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the game.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind Regards

Louis James
Liverpool Football Club

To which I have replied:

Dear Louis,

That's a completely unacceptable response.

I already told you in my email that I had subsequently manaaged to get two singles so why did you "check" and tell me the same thing back?  Did you read my email?

You have not addressed anything in what I said.  Please can you pass this on to somebody who can actually deal with this serious problem.

Martin.

If they run to form, they will completely ignore my follow-up.  No doubt their internal customer-response statistics will show complaint received and responded to within a few hours and they will all get plaudits for what a wonderful service they are providing.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: January 13, 2017, 04:21:57 pm »
Glad you pursued it MKB. But yes that response is a joke. Keep us updated on any further reply

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: January 13, 2017, 04:26:31 pm »
All of the website issues reported on RAWK over the years all get lost in match/competition-specific threads like this one.  Maybe it's time we started a new dedicated thread to log all of the problems?  They don't seem to get any fewer over time.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1165 on: January 13, 2017, 04:50:56 pm »
All of the website issues reported on RAWK over the years all get lost in match/competition-specific threads like this one.  Maybe it's time we started a new dedicated thread to log all of the problems?  They don't seem to get any fewer over time.

I also managed to get a ticket in the end (only a single) due to the same error.

Just getting in the shower, I'll also send over a complaint myself- probably won't do anything, but it's another voice and another user highlighting the same issue. Not only that but the issue where it think's a ticket is in a basket even though it's been removed is infuriating.

As my mate who works in IT says, they're not really arsed about the customer experience because the demand way outstrips supply.

I'd be up for that sort of thread though and combining/coordinating to get these issues sent through, may fall on deaf ears but it's the least we can do mate.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1166 on: January 13, 2017, 05:05:15 pm »
BT have chosen Wolves match for the Saturday early game

Gona be hard on their fans getting down to Plymouth for noon.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Vladi Legend

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: January 13, 2017, 05:27:54 pm »
These dickheads are a reason the FA Cup is going down the toilet. Fucking rubbish. Guess it's all about the viewing figures.

Mark Ogden ‏@MarkOgden_ 15m15 minutes ago
Man Utd v Wigan only on TV if Bolton get knocked out by Palace next week

Mark Ogden ‏@MarkOgden_ 14m14 minutes ago
So if it's Palace v Man City in Rd 4, Man Utd v Wigan will be on BBC

And this is laughable. Palace or Bolton v City is far better than Utd at home to Wigan so the Palace/Bolton replay should be irrelevant.

For us maybe, but for the TV companies, any game, especially at home, featuring either us or United, by far out strips that of any of the other clubs when it comes to TV viewing figures. Sometimes I think the standard of opposition is almost irrelevant.
Ya we have been talking in the half time, we need to do something, we need to change things and maybe if we score then it will be different and we scored and it was different.  - Rafael Benitez Ataturk Stadium Istanbul 26 May 2005

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1168 on: January 13, 2017, 07:43:25 pm »
Good idea. I have lost cont of the number of comments I have sent to the club and by the reply they have clearly not read it!! I make the pont of saying that too each time!

As you say it probably goes on their records as "case completed" etc but it's all we can do for now.

The thread is a good idea.
We are a team of one half.

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1169 on: January 13, 2017, 08:04:10 pm »
Looks like I got quite lucky in the sale this morning. Had to pull over at a service station on the a34 with not much phone signal and login.

Although a bit slow, managed to get 4 together by about half 8 so quite relieved. Not sure what I done differently than others to get sorted without any issues.

Just need them all to turn up at the right address now

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #1170 on: January 13, 2017, 08:35:45 pm »
Dunno why everyone needs to get 2-4 together, people stand in different places in the away end anyway
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1171 on: January 13, 2017, 08:48:57 pm »
Dunno why everyone needs to get 2-4 together, people stand in different places in the away end anyway
Not sure if that was aimed at me as I'm quite happy to take singles as in is in as far as I'm concerned.

But it's a lot easier to buy 4 up in one go if there are enough seats together then go back in to a temperamental system and add additional seats

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1172 on: January 13, 2017, 08:53:26 pm »
Why is the wolves match on tv!? Must be better games out there surely!

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #1173 on: January 13, 2017, 09:16:06 pm »
What's the away end pub for Plymouth by the way?
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: January 13, 2017, 09:34:11 pm »
On the site for away fans,saying there's a spoons 10 mins from ground,takes ages to get in & also a caravan that sells great pasties....mini bus there & back on the day/night for our lot.....

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1175 on: January 13, 2017, 10:17:48 pm »
On the site for away fans,saying there's a spoons 10 mins from ground,takes ages to get in & also a caravan that sells great pasties....mini bus there & back on the day/night for our lot.....

6.5 hour train in for me Phil, lift with Bolesy back. Don't get in till 18:50 though!!!!!

Offline Birdontheshirt

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1176 on: January 13, 2017, 10:37:15 pm »
had to get ours as 4 singles in 4 different transactions. I assume they won't be bright enough to clock this and put them in the same envelope?

Unlikely.  Bought 3 as singles in 3 transactions last week for Soton away, and only 1 ticket arrived before match day.  Had to collect the other 2 at Soton as duplicates.  Got back from Soton to find that the postie had delivered, after we'd left, the other 2 tickets sent together in one envelope.
Luck favours the brave, but not the stupid.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1177 on: January 13, 2017, 11:56:18 pm »
6.5 hour train in for me Phil, lift with Bolesy back. Don't get in till 18:50 though!!!!!
To Plymouth?
13-20minswalk to ground. Mainly uphill after a small nit downhill. Will be ok

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #1178 on: January 14, 2017, 07:34:01 am »
Anyone had their tickets delivered yet? Just wondering when club will be doing this.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: January 14, 2017, 10:01:28 am »
Special delivery just came (Thu & Fri sales)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1180 on: January 14, 2017, 10:12:40 am »
Received mine from yesterday's sale, clearly sent by the same company that sent our Wembley tickets.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: January 14, 2017, 10:13:39 am »
IIRC that company is based in Devon.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: January 14, 2017, 10:22:23 am »
IIRC that company is based in Devon.
They are. Should have held them for on the day collection 😂

Offline richard_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • His name is Luis Suarez he wears the famous red...
« Reply #1183 on: January 14, 2017, 12:26:25 pm »
Makes a change the club sending by Special Delivery and not having to pay for it!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1184 on: January 14, 2017, 02:34:10 pm »
Agreed!

Mate said ours came too BUT not our coach tkts!  >:( You'd think they'd put them in together!

Still, can print the email - their fault so that will have to do!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1185 on: January 14, 2017, 02:35:02 pm »
Maybe they have saved by getting them sent to that company from Plymouth....? Not sure where in Devon they are

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1186 on: January 14, 2017, 03:11:26 pm »
Maybe they have saved by getting them sent to that company from Plymouth....? Not sure where in Devon they are

Devon knows........

Erm i'll get my coat........

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1187 on: January 14, 2017, 11:47:42 pm »
Will there be an exchange for Plymouth as got a couple of spares as and when there is
It's up  :wave

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1188 on: January 16, 2017, 08:07:19 am »
Anyone else heard that we've waived our rights to a bigger allocation now that Plymouth have installed temporary seating where the terraced areas are?

I know the amount of tickets we're talking about is going to run into the 100's at most but it further reinforces the notion that the club are trying to make them a closed shop.

Offline GMac1984

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1189 on: January 16, 2017, 08:40:29 am »
BT have chosen Wolves match for the Saturday early game

That definite?  Had a quick google but couldn't see it anywhere

Offline nearly40

• .....even though my profile says 48!
  • Anny Roader
  • KOP stand up! Stand up the KOP!
« Reply #1190 on: January 16, 2017, 09:13:01 am »
'The evidence shows conclusively that Liverpool fans neither caused nor contributed to the deaths of 96 men, women and children.'

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1191 on: January 16, 2017, 10:51:17 am »
I know the amount of tickets we're talking about is going to run into the 100's at most but it further reinforces the notion that the club are trying to make them a closed shop.

I'm not sure what benefit there is to the club of making the aways a closed shop? Ultimately the club aren't the ones buying them and moving them on.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline dan7hughes

• Main Stander
« Reply #1192 on: January 16, 2017, 11:19:01 am »
Disgusting. Got all mine in the end, but people missing out because of the club's incompetence is wrong. If you lose out on a fastest finger first contest then that is just the way it goes some times. But losing out because of the club's fuck up isn't fair.

From a selfish point of view, it's a massive jump down (or up if you prefer) the ladder. From the 3700 club to the 2400 club. Won't miss many FA Cup games now with Plymouth on the card. Still feel for others though who got fucked over

Depends who we draw in the future. Say we draw someone smaller like Exeter again you won't get a ticket, then someone bigger like Palace again you will get a ticket......... then we draw Plymouth again and you'll be back where you were last week scrambling against all the other people with Palace credits after Exeter get priority. Sometimes the run of games can feel like it takes you backwards again on the ladder.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: January 16, 2017, 11:33:08 am »
Depends who we draw in the future. Say we draw someone smaller like Exeter again you won't get a ticket, then someone bigger like Palace again you will get a ticket......... then we draw Plymouth again and you'll be back where you were last week scrambling against all the other people with Palace credits after Exeter get priority. Sometimes the run of games can feel like it takes you backwards again on the ladder.
I had 5 out of the 6 games, so ok unless we get another Wimbledon. My friends had 4 out of 6. But yea, I take your point. If we get another away in next year or 2 with a 2500ish allocation they will probably do the sale in a way that guarantees people with Plymouth credit so should be ok.

When we next get one with say 1700-2100 tickets there will be a scramble for the remainder once people with Exeter etc have bought in guaranteed sale

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1194 on: January 16, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »
What's the away end pub for Plymouth by the way?
I think one of the Plymouth Reds posted earlier that local Liverpool supporters 'home' pub is 'Porters' in City centre.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #1195 on: January 16, 2017, 08:24:32 pm »
I think one of the Plymouth Reds posted earlier that local Liverpool supporters 'home' pub is 'Porters' in City centre.
Yeah I mentioned it because the alternatives near the ground aren't great and will be packed with home supporters.

Porters is about a mile and a half on foot from the ground which obviously isn't ideal, but it's the home of an unofficial supporters club down here and it's where a lot of them meet up on match days. As far as I know the landlord is a red and there have been posts on social media openly welcoming any travelling reds to the pub.
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1196 on: January 16, 2017, 10:13:54 pm »
Cheers mate

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1197 on: January 16, 2017, 10:20:44 pm »

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #1198 on: January 18, 2017, 08:36:31 pm »
When will the Wolves sale go ahead? Missed out on Plymouth will I be alright for Wolves?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #1199 on: January 18, 2017, 09:10:51 pm »
Would probably depend on how many wolves bring up?