Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 86239 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Sorry mate but you really need to get a grip. Of course we aren’t the finished article but we need to win a home game under the lights against an average team. Boo-fucking-hoo. If you’re shitting yourself about that there are no words.

I doubt anyone's shitting themselves about Spartak, Alan. They're just upset that we could - and should- have wrapped it up tonight. It's understandable, is it not?

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
It was a pen. Thought ref had a good game. Not many would make the player take the pen again.

There was contact but it was a dive 2 steps later. He threw himself as the ball was going nowhere near or towards the goal.

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Can't believe I'm left thinking we best not mess this up against Spartak.  :-\

Feels a bit like under Rodgers where all we had to do was beat Basel at Anfield in the last game to go through.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Fuck me - there are some massive bellends in this thread.

It's quite something, it really is. It's like some would rather revel in the negatives.

Horrible to concede 3 from three nil up but the bigger picture is that we're top of the group with a home tie to come against one of the weaker
sides in the group who we know we're better than. I'm sure we'd all have taken that position if offered it.

We should be going into the weekend on a high after revenge was dished out to Sevilla but individual errors let them back in and the luck
was on their side in the last couple of minutes. Tragic but that's football.

Matip and Lallana hopefully ready for Chelsea and we march on. Up the Reds.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Obviously Moreno is a fucking retard. He can't handle himself when the pressure is on.

A bit like some others then hey.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What the fuck do you expect? People to be happy?

No need for some of the overreactions though is there. It's like people go mad with rage when we lose and instantly type the most reactive over the top thing they can think of - 'Moreno should never play again', 'We sold our best defender', etc.

The alternative is that people believe some of the stuff they say, which may or may not make them 'bellends' depending on the content.

Edit: There you go, someone just called Moreno a 'fucking retard.' Think that meets the latter criteria.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You think klopp done nothing ? The subs actually muted Sevilla pretty much until that last corner where I think he fucked up was at half time that's when changes coukd have been made but we came out with a very lacksidaiscal attitude
We often come out second half with a lazy attitude I've noticed. It's happened a few times now and we've been caught out by it. We take too long to get into it again.

We should have been expecting Seville to come at us hell for leather. It's what we would have expected Liverpool to do if we were 3-0 down at home in a CL game.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
A win for Maribor puts us through, but the real question is how much can we afford to lose by if Maribor and Sevilla draw?
If we can’t get a draw against Moscow at home we aren’t fit for the last 16. They were abysmal in the return match. We’ll beat them.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline fingermouse

• Legacy Fan
Time and again we crumble when the opposition get stuck into us and apply pressure. How many times in the last few games before tonight has anyone laid a glove on us or had a go?

These clean sheets are glossing over persitant, underlying issues.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hard to take that in. But not the end of the world. It's still in our control.

Two intense and totally opposite feelings within 45 minutes. So inevitably here comes the hoard of negativity and online experts that disappear when we're on a good run.

The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Quote from: stockdam on Today at 08:36:40 PM
Make no mistake, Sevilla are still in this as they are playing well. Henderson and Gini need to get to grips in midfield as Sevilla are getting too much of the ball.

Our defence are playing well and some great saves by Karius.

You been on the ale mate?
ReplyQuoteNotify

I apologise prefously

Yes I thought many people at half-time would think I was bonkers but all Sevilla needed was one goal. We were sloppy in midfield and Klopp did nothing to help that in the 2nd half.

We needed a 4th goal and when it didn't come we just invited more and more pressure. A team cannot play like that away from home and "hope" to win.
#JFT97

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
They had 70% possession we just didn’t keep the ball long enough.
I was still nervous at half time and as soon as the 1st went in you just thought here we go!!!!

And I think the players think the same!!!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Can't believe I'm left thinking we best not mess this up against Spartak.  :-\

We’ll all get our heads round it soon and realise we should be fine. If we went into the game needing to win it we’d be confident. Take it normally and we should be fine.

Annoying given the circumstances tonight and because we were a minute from winning the group but we’ll just have to do it the hard way as usual. We fucking love a 3-3 don’t we?!

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can't believe I'm left thinking we best not mess this up against Spartak.

Don't worry mate, were all thinking the same thing  ;)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
You think klopp done nothing ? The subs actually muted Sevilla pretty much until that last corner where I think he fucked up was at half time that's when changes coukd have been made but we came out with a very lacksidaiscal attitude

Muted Sevilla?
I'd hate to see them on song if that was muted, they were all over us for 45 minutes.
We need to defend from the front and we need to control the ball - neither of his substitutions helped with either.

He fucked up big time today for me.

Offline Iloveyoumamadou

• Main Stander
I felt the midfield was too open in the second half and we had no cover when they countered. This sort of thing will happen if we continue to play that front four. We were playing 4-2-4 while 3-0 up away. Just madness. I think Klopp got lucky in the first half and should have changed things at half-time. It's a shame we'll get continuous rancour until our next win but it's still an away draw to a difficult team with horrible fans, players, managers and police.
That's my opinion too: we kept three up front the entire game and they were too tired to press effectively.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
The team isn't balanced. We are lopsided and can't expect the front 4 to always win us the game.

Offline xhaxhi

• Main Stander
No you’re absolutely spot on mate. Leading 3-0 away at half time is a classic sign of a poor team.

Sorry, you are right Mr X. That performance was a sign of a great team.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
I never trust this Liverpool team until we're 4 goals ahead.  :butt

Ha,is right,LFC not good for your health!

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
While the defence didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, the midfield were absolutely invisible. A pass from their defence was going straight to one of their attackers and in a one on one. Not even the greatest defender in the world can win all those one on ones in a game. For me, Henderson and Gini were atrocious, especially Gini. Never seen such a cowardly player wear our shirt. One time there was a loose ball close to him he actually thought twice about going for it. Absolutely terrified of the responsibility. How Coutinho was hooked off instead of him is beyond me. The only player in our team who could actually hold the ball. And why was AOC brought on? Pointless sub. Moreno from one of his greatest half for us to that second half. Karius was maybe at fault for the third one but he made two saves which would have gone in had Mignolet been in goal.

Just when I thought we turned a corner, we go and do this second half. Absolutely gutted.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Edit: There you go, someone just called Moreno a 'fucking retard.' Think that meets the latter criteria.
Indeed and he's been warned for it - as per the template we've had here for years. Standards, see......

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
It was a pen. Thought ref had a good game. Not many would make the player take the pen again.
Certainly not as our players were in the box before theirs.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hard to take that in. But not the end of the world. It's still in our control.

Win or a draw at home against an average Spartak team and we're through.

Two intense and totally opposite feelings within 45 minutes. So inevitably here comes the hoard of negativity and online experts that disappear when we're on a good run.

Some names in here you never see in a FT thread when we've won.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Win our last game at home and we finish top

Not to bad ;)

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
Sorry mate but you really need to get a grip. Of course we aren’t the finished article but we need to win a home game under the lights against an average team. Boo-fucking-hoo. If you’re shitting yourself about that there are no words.

Let's see how average they are on the 6th of Dec. We've just given them all the motivation they need

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
:lmao

Go out with a ban(g) eh lad!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alist0r

• Main Stander
Fuck me - there are some massive bellends in this thread.

To be fair mate, you are acting as if that second half wasn't inexcusable. Sure, in the grand scheme of things we'll probably be fine, but I think the frequency with which this team collapses is a reasonable concern, and it's understandable why people are frustrated.

That doesn't apply to the guy blaming Karius, however, he's just clearly a bellend.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
A win for Maribor puts us through, but the real question is how much can we afford to lose by if Maribor and Sevilla draw?

None

If we lose we're out. Head to head is before GD
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Nah, Mignolet would have saved their penalty for a start.

Karius should have done better on the third.
Think he might have scored couple aswell.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Thought it was a bit cowardly to throw Can and Milner on to see the game out and we never usually see a game out like that anyway - should have left Coutinho on. I'd have thrown Solanke on for Firmino and told him to get stuck in a bit and hold it up more. Moreno will get fed to the wolves just like Lovren did with that sub - I don't really like those. In the end I'd take a point here.

Coutinho was not having one of his good games, what use would it have been to have kept him on?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Well, I think it's finally time to take the Henderson thing out of my sig. I do think he's turned out better than many expected, but he has never shown anything close to the leadership necessary for a captain. We need some bottle in the midfield and someone to take charge in defence. Keita and Van Dijk, please.

And by the way, of course it's OK to blame the ref, at least partially. We don't collapse that badly without the complete bullshit pen. Of course, if we can't handle something like that without completely shitting the bed, we don't deserve to win anything. But denying the ref's role is a bit disingenuous.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Moreno is a fucking retard
Bye bye. That's what happens when warnings are ignored.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:09:02 pm by 24/7 »

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
And we wouldn't have seen 90% of them if we had held on.

But we didnt - so people are pissed off - not hard to understand is it?  ::)
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Yanks have a saying:  A draw is like kissing your sister.

This was like kissing fucking grandma.
Kill the humourless

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
We should have made the subs when 3-1 up. Clearly some players had lost their heads.

We should have dived more as well. Sick of getting cheated by all these foreign sides who revel in the cheating element of the game.

Online Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan

Personally I’m Ok! I see the team has issues. I know we have a game left so it’s not all bad. I’m just saying there’s some glaring issues that should be discussed and not swept under the carpet.

I also hope we aren’t dismissing Spartak as an average team as though we “should” beat them, there was likely a similar complacency that caused what happened tonight.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My worry now is the game against Chelsea. That result feels like a loss, jurgen said so too so really hoping we can bounce back. Also we looked fucked physically and that's a big problem.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good god Owen is a little prick. Want to smack the smug smirk off his face.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
Thought it was a bit cowardly to throw Can and Milner on to see the game out and we never usually see a game out like that anyway - should have left Coutinho on. I'd have thrown Solanke on for Firmino and told him to get stuck in a bit and hold it up more. Moreno will get fed to the wolves just like Lovren did with that sub - I don't really like those. In the end I'd take a point here.

Coutinho's approach to the 2nd half was terrible. He was rightly removed.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?