Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 86234 times)

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
Not sure why ref is getting blamed.

Because it is easier to blame the ref than admit where the real blame lies. The same place it lies every time we capitulate and play like we are in a Benny Hill sketch.

In isolation, this was a good result. However, it's hard to take positives when the same problems are constantly waiting just around the corner.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
The second half seemed a little bit similar to the Europa League final. We come out after half time and we simply cannot keep hold of the ball. The corner at the end was a shambles. That ball should never have got through, it was a terrible shot as well.

I've really liked Moreno this season, but I was worried about him tonight. It's so evident he's so emotional when it comes to Seville. In hindsight, it would have been a better decision to play Robertson.

The good thing is that the collapse hasn't cost us dearly. We are still top of the group. However, we cannot lose to Spartak at home now because Seville will most likely win their last game. Which means that game becomes a lot tougher now. However, we've been pretty decent at Anfield so I'm confident we will win that game.

YWNA

Online redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
If the ref is taking an eternity to decide whether it's a penalty or not, is he being influenced by the crowd? If you've instantly decided it isn't a penalty why the fuck have you then changed your mind? Shocking performance. The refs in these European games never fail to deliver do they.

It was a pen. Thought ref had a good game. Not many would make the player take the pen again.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Firmino was absolutely shattered. Not surprising given his work rate. But I think he should have been taken off earlier and then strengthen the midfield to get hold of the ball.

Salah was leggy from around ten minutes in, Henderson was diabolical and Bobby was obviously losing it as the game went on - yet he did nothing to fix any of it and just watched as the game crumbled around our ears. The fuck is his problem with substitutions? One game in twenty that he actually does something that helps Liverpool with them.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
Some rockets in this thread. It's a shambolic second half performance but take a breath.

Sorted.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely appalling game management from Klopp and the players in the second half.

They’re decent. But nothing more. Two brain farts from Albie gave them the impetus to believe they could get something from the game - and they duly did.

Bitterly disappointed in so many players in that second half. It was reverse Istanbul 2005.

It won’t, in all probability, prevent us progressing. What I really hope it does do, is cause the manager and players to have a good long look at themselves.

And where, in the annals of football folklore, is it written, as it certainly is, that in the dying minutes of extra time, a team in front shall ALWAYS, and without exception, provide one last chance to the opposition?

I just knew in my bones that Sevilla would equalise. And they deserved it for our shabby and feeble second half.

This is what's galling, we collapsed against a mediocre team. For all the talk of them being magnificent at home they'd scored 3 against just Eibar and Maribor before tonight. I expected a win against them and there should be absolutely no excuses for not getting it. We're making heavy weather of one of the easiest groups in Champions League history.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:59:12 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
No we're not; need a draw in the final game. We should be okay unless of course we allow Spartak to pressurise us; we all know what happens then.

Spartak have to win by 4
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Spartak now have to beat Liverpool 4-0, is that right?

Nope, it's done on head to head before overall goal difference. Any Spartak win would put us out, unless Maribor draw with Sevilla which is where it gets a bit complicated.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
OK. Lets blame the owners because the money was not there in the summer  :butt

Not really trying to blame them. Just stating the reality, if we're going to be really competing, more money needs to be spent for the elite talent. Right now the team is good, but more like a 2nd-4th place in the League, R16 to Quarterfinals champions league type of team.

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
Meh, we're still top. I'm going to pretend that didn't happen, avoid all media until Saturday, and watch us make it 4 in a row on Saturday. Lovren actually played really well, to take a positive. As well as our forward players.

He was to be fair,anf Joe gomes was excellent too. If it wasn't for them second half it could have been worse.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
No. It goes on head to head. So they have to win and so do Sevilla. As we have 3 away goals against Sevilla. So if they draw we go through with a loss second in the group.

Sevilla can't miss. We on the other hand almost look like we want to get knocked out.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
Karius isn't even a goalkeeper honestly. I don't understand what   is he seriously doing on a football pitch. I just can't understand how can he play instead of Simon, it is just a hilarious decision from Kloop.

Are you mental? Karius was unbelievable tonight. 2 incredible saves, plus a consistent number of catches and punches from Sevilla crosses. I fear we would have lost if not for him.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Looked like everybody was told to hit long, never tried to keep possestion at any time in the game.
Yeah to be fair none of the forwards or midfielders we’re keeping possession, second half tactics were awful.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
I never trust this Liverpool team until we're 4 goals ahead.  :butt
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Sorry it wouldn’t be right to pretend everything is hunky dory. Some glaring issues with this team. Especially in the midfield.

Where is he pretending that everything is hunky dory?

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
You said it yourself. Bournemouth wasn’t a lesson, why would this match be one? Nothing has changed, we’re the only team amongst our immediate rivals who capitulate so regularly.

Spot on really.

The reason for this is that there is no learning to be done. Its not a case of these players making the mistakes having the ability to go up a level - i dont think they do. Its simply a case of personnel in my opinion. Bringing in Keita, a CB and a LB should be a massive massive improvement. Not sure where that leaves Robertson though.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
If the ref is taking an eternity to decide whether it's a penalty or not, is he being influenced by the crowd? If you've instantly decided it isn't a penalty why the fuck have you then changed your mind? Shocking performance. The refs in these European games never fail to deliver do they.

Agree. Would have helped if Moreno kept on playing instead of him standing there and poiting to the ball which was practically him admitting his guilt. All in all he shouldn't have been kept on pitch after his first dault.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Moreno to blame individually yes but let's not forget he's been one of our best players this season so far.

How many times are we going to do this? It's astonishing how shit you have to be to concede a 3-0 lead for fucks sake. It's down to Klopp and the midfield at the end of the day. Does he not instruct his midfield to slow the game down? To kill the momentum and survive the onslaught in the first 15 minutes of the second half that would always be coming. Our midfield isn't good enough to do it either but fuck me they aren't that bad surely.

Yes Moreno fucked up, but they shouldn't be getting in the positions they were getting at so often. The amount if times we were exposed was a joke. We desperately need someone who will sit a bit deeper and just kill the match for us.

Moreno has done well recently but the harsh reality is that at this level you simply can't have players who have melt downs the way he does. Imagine playing alongside him he just breeds panic.

We come out after half time knowing they are going to show a reaction. Keep it tight, kill the crowd, subdue their fight back. That is what top players and the top characters do.

Start of the second half and Moreno heads a straight forward clearance behind for a corner. Exactly the same as he did in he in the Europa League Final a head like a 50p headed clearance that puts us under the cosh and like in the final he simply couldn't recover from that initial error.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Spartak have to win by 4

It’s head to head, including away goals, then goal difference.
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
I'm confident of us getting through. Would have been nice to coast through as group winners with a game to spare all the same.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Fuck me - there are some massive bellends in this thread.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Lovren had a good game IMO. Was our best defender was watching them very closely.

Both he and Klavan played well. We were playing a team that were playing well and have some good players. Nobody has any right to have an easy time away from home. They had some great chances in the first half and we were slightly fortunate to be 3 up. The mistake that we made for me was not shutting up shop. Obviously Klopp thought there were more goals in it for us otherwise why keep Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Firmino on? Sometimes we need to learn to slow the game down and make it untidy. We needed to flood the midfield. Instead we let Sevilla mount attack after attack and once they got their first then we were in trouble.

I wouldn't blame any player.......I think Klopp needs to work out how to take the sting out of a game when we are ahead. We don't need to watch the other team come at us.....we need to control the game and slow it down.
#JFT97

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
Absolutely appalling game management from Klopp and the players in the second half.

They’re decent. But nothing more. Two brain farts from Albie gave them the impetus to believe they could get something from the game - and they duly did.

Bitterly disappointed in so many players in that second half. It was reverse Istanbul 2005.

It won’t, in all probability, prevent us progressing. What I really hope it does do, is cause the manager and players to have a good long look at themselves.

And where, in the annals of football folklore, is it written, as it certainly is, that in the dying minutes of extra time, a team in front shall ALWAYS, and without exception, provide one last chance to the opposition?

I just knew in my bones that Sevilla would equalise. And they deserved it for our shabby and feeble second half.

Klopp’s game management was fine. At 3-2 he took off Moreno and we were handling their threat mainly. Players on the pitch were the problem.

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
This one's on Klopp for me.

No ball playing midfielders? Not even one? No ball winners either? In the CL against fucking Sevilla away? We made Banega look like Xabi of old.

Might have given Moreno a rest at some point as well considering his week and the availability of capable deputies.

"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
It was a pen. Thought ref had a good game. Not many would make the player take the pen again.

You are mad if you think the ref had a good game.

You need a tough ref when against Latin players seeing as they generally tend to be cheaters.

Offline dangerpuss

• A bit like bagpuss. But more.....um.....dangerous.....um.....
  • Kopite
  • Allez, allez, allez
I felt the midfield was too open in the second half and we had no cover when they countered. This sort of thing will happen if we continue to play that front four. We were playing 4-2-4 while 3-0 up away. Just madness. I think Klopp got lucky in the first half and should have changed things at half-time. It's a shame we'll get continuous rancour until our next win but it's still an away draw to a difficult team with horrible fans, players, managers and police.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
We could've played a second string team against Spatak if we'd hung on. I know someone will come out and say 'we always do it the hard way' but I'm fucking sick of how we can't play consistently for 90 minutes. You win fuck all like that.

Not just that but every time we seem to have a run of results where we defend well, along comes along another defensive capitulation that shreds any kind of confidence amongst the players and our support, whilst also building up the thought in any opposition that even at 3-0 down to us they are still in with a chance of clawing it back. The faces on our fans in the stadium for the last 20 mins said it all really.

Yeah we'd have settled for a point beforehand and should still get through but ffs that was dire in the end.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
The opposition know you will get chances v us. Even in the first half Seville had 2 clear cut chances.

We are not learning or improving.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
The fella was utter wank.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
Spartak have to win by 4

Incorrect. A win puts us through top, a draw in all likelihood puts us through second. Any loss and we're out on head to head.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The compaints in here will be about individual errors...but our midfield got cut through as easy as cheese. That was why we were panicked for 45 minutes.
Not much changers does it. The equaliser at Anfield very late on springs to mind, acres if space to play into to when there should be none at that stage of the game.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
Are you mental? Karius was unbelievable tonight. 2 incredible saves, plus a consistent number of catches and punches from Sevilla crosses. I fear we would have lost if not for him.

Whether its Karius or Mignolet seems irrelevent if neither of them will come out with conviction to clear or catch the balls on corners.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck me - there are some massive bellends in this thread.

And we wouldn't have seen 90% of them if we had held on.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
Quote from: stockdam on Today at 08:36:40 PM
Make no mistake, Sevilla are still in this as they are playing well. Henderson and Gini need to get to grips in midfield as Sevilla are getting too much of the ball.

Our defence are playing well and some great saves by Karius.

You been on the ale mate?
ReplyQuoteNotify

I apologise prefously

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
After the 1st half the result is disappointing but keeping things into perspective it's not the end of the world. I can't see us having many problems beating SP Moscow at home and wining the group.

Indeed.  Would've been nice to rest a few players with us through, but alas, we like to make these things hard.

Offline Jimmy Jazz

• Anny Roader
Not sure why ref is getting blamed.

Did you watch his performance?

One of the most pathetic displays I've seen.

We weren't far off in the 2nd half as well though.

Offline WisconsinRed

• Special: but only in his very own.....special.....way!
  • Kopite
And people wonder why people are so negative and unable to trust this team. That was it in a nutshell.

You have players like Moreno, Lovren, Mignolet etc the next horror show is never far around the corner but we can pretend to ourselves that they are doing well

The captain was a disgrace in the 2nd half too. Nowhere to be seen, zero leadership.

Move on to Saturday, no point dwelling on it. If you cant see our huge flaws by now there is no hope.

Exactly mate. Just when I think maybe we've stopped being shite at the back and are progressing we go and do something like this.

You're right in saying we can't trust this team. I never feel like we are comfortable with any score line because as soon as someone scores against us we panic.

An absolute weak willed farcical set of players when the pressure is on us.

It's embarrassing

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
The problem was, aside from the shite refereeing performance (Hi ShanklyGates) was that we dropped so deep and became so passive in the second half.

We dropped back a good 15 metres AND stopped pressuring the ball. The difference from the first half was staggering.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Nah, Mignolet would have saved their penalty for a start.

Karius should have done better on the third.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
Might have given Moreno a rest at some point as well considering his week and the availability of capable deputies.

Yes, Robertson and Moreno really should be rotating more, its working for TAA and Gomez. Makes sense given the amount of running fullbacks do.