Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 86234 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
We owe Sevilla a fucking 7-0 beatdown one day
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck me - there are some massive bellends in this thread.
are you new here? ;D

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
We were never in control in the first half and ran ourselves into the ground. Moreno's side was vulnerable all of the first half and wasn't exposed. Coutinho was never in the game. Second half we flat on our feet and they cut through us. We were chasing shadows and too tired to clear effectively. You need to control games by playing a possession game and make your opponents work. We didn't break them physically. We were well on our way breaking them mentally but needed to score first in the second half or control possession. We did neither.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Sometimes I cheer myself up by coming on here and seeing all the pissy pants lose their shit. It's football, it's Liverpool, this is what happens. None of this is real.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline WaltonRed

• Oct 4th: Don't be stupid there are no buyers. Oct 6th: These buyers. I don't like them. Oct 8th: ???
  • Legacy Fan
Except its not.

Article 17 Equality of points – group stage
17.01 If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches,
the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine their rankings:
a. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the
teams in question;
oops, sorry.  stand corrected. thanks.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite

What the fuck do you expect? People to be happy?
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
We've struggled in all the big away games. Hoffenheim had signs and they really went at us, but we managed to hold on. Been shambles since then. City away you could argue about the sending off, but Spurs and Sevilla had horrible defending. But it's not only that. It's the way we set up in these games. When we have so much ability on the ball, why should we drop off and fear the opposition? I don't understand that. We did that in all 4 above games. We cannot press the whole time, right, but we can manage the game better, keep the ball better rather than just wait for counters. We should've scored a few more, that's a different matter, but we need to change the way we setup in the away games against decent attacking sides.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
This one's on Klopp for me.

No ball playing midfielders? Not even one? No ball winners either? In the CL against fucking Sevilla away? We made Banega look like Xabi of old.

Might have given Moreno a rest at some point as well considering his week and the availability of capable deputies.

Does that include the first half performance when we're winning easily?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Spartak have to win by 4

They do not. If Spartak win by any score they draw level with us on points, and we are separated by the results between the two teams. As Spartak would have won one and drawn one, they will go through
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Well that was fun.

Offline MelwoodBoy

• Legacy Fan
Spartak have to win by 4

Head to head first
At the time of our 7th European Cup final appearance it was 12 years and 3 days

and still counting......

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
Karius isn't even a goalkeeper honestly. I don't understand what   is he seriously doing on a football pitch. I just can't understand how can he play instead of Simon, it is just a hilarious decision from Kloop.
What. The. Actual. Fuck... Look at it again son and I think you'll find that in the end, if not for him, we'd have lost.

Done absolutely nothing wrong and was one of our big highlights.

Jesus Wept
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
Sorry it wouldn’t be right to pretend everything is hunky dory. Some glaring issues with this team. Especially in the midfield.
I guess it just depends what you prefer to focus on. I'd rather just ignore all football media and wait for the Chelsea game. If we hadn't won 3 in a row in the league, maybe I'd be worried or something. But we've been playing well enough for me to be able to forgive tonight. Even the Tottenham game is a distant memory now.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
this sums up my feelings:

buzzing at half time with our performance and being 3-0
but still had this bad feeling that we would throw it away. no real confidence that we were going to win despite being 3-0 up

in the last minute when they got the corner i shouted"fuck and here comes the inevitable"  and again as the ball his the net.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ok, first thing is first - that referee is a spineless, homer shit.
All off Sevilla's dirty, Spanish ways were tolerated, everything, from shirt pulling, ankle clipping, ganging up on referee, ganging up on players and wrestling them to ground - all of it. He bought their whole package and gave them wings throughout the game.

Apart from that, I think this game was lost by Klopp.
His substitutions were terrible, shocking actually, and he did nothing at all when the game was breaking to stop it from cracking all the way.
Either rabbit in the headlights or over confident - either way he fucked up big time.

You think klopp done nothing ? The subs actually muted Sevilla pretty much until that last corner where I think he fucked up was at half time that's when changes coukd have been made but we came out with a very lacksidaiscal attitude

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Sorry it wouldn’t be right to pretend everything is hunky dory. Some glaring issues with this team. Especially in the midfield.

Sorry mate but you really need to get a grip. Of course we aren’t the finished article but we need to win a home game under the lights against an average team. Boo-fucking-hoo. If you’re shitting yourself about that there are no words.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
And we wouldn't have seen 90% of them if we had held on.
This.

Has me wondering why some of them bother to be honest.

Everything else aside, Sevilla just refused to give up, the upped the intensity and got the reward.

Gotta respect that

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can't believe I'm left thinking we best not mess this up against Spartak.  :-\
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
If the ref is taking an eternity to decide whether it's a penalty or not, is he being influenced by the crowd? If you've instantly decided it isn't a penalty why the fuck have you then changed your mind? Shocking performance. The refs in these European games never fail to deliver do they.

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is what happened. All the Sevilla players swarmed the referee, the crowd got loud, the Liverpool players stopped playing to argue their case even though the ball was still in play... only going to go one way at that point.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think I’ve found a bloke to compete with Herrera in terms of pure cuntiness with Mercado. What a cheating twat he is

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Banega was sublime.  We need a player like that in the middle of the park because we just cannot keep the ball under pressure from a good team.  Countless long balls aimlessly punted up the pitch in the second half.

It's the way we play. We could have been 6 up at half time and yet should have been 2-1 down at one stage. The game was frenetic in both halves. We didn't ever really control the game. Despite the wobble (individual errors again) we could and should have scored a couple more in the second half. I love watching us but it ain't very relaxing.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
Spot on really.

The reason for this is that there is no learning to be done. Its not a case of these players making the mistakes having the ability to go up a level - i dont think they do. Its simply a case of personnel in my opinion. Bringing in Keita, a CB and a LB should be a massive massive improvement. Not sure where that leaves Robertson though.

Two centrebacks
Left back
Goalkeeper
Keita

If we want to see a difference, Lovren & Klaven need to be sold next summer, even Matip isn't really top level, lacks aggression and desire

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
What the fuck do you expect? People to be happy?
No we expect some fucking standards of critique and there ARE some massive bell ends in this thread - don't be one of them.

Offline Charles Foster Kane

• Anny Roader
Spartak now have to beat Liverpool 4-0, is that right?
No. They have to beat us.
"The only reason Liverpool weren't fatally wounded by a first half blitz is the fortunate fact immortals can't be destroyed."
Liverpool Echo 26 May 2005

Offline Risto

• Anny Roader
Incorrect. A win puts us through top, a draw in all likelihood puts us through second. Any loss and we're out on head to head.

A win for Maribor puts us through, but the real question is how much can we afford to lose by if Maribor and Sevilla draw?

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nah, Mignolet would have saved their penalty for a start.

Karius should have done better on the third.

lol

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
A game of two halves, seen it far too many times! Excellent first half

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Do the players browse this forum at half-time?

Seriously looked as if we came out and just expected them to sit down for us - Gary Lineker said it was amateurish - he is right. To think that Sevilla, as shit as they looked, wouldn't come out fired up is just... well, amateurish.

Nothing to do with the ref, Sevilla came out and stole a punch which rocked us and then just kept on at us until we caved in.

As good as Karius was in the first half, to think of him as a good enough keeper for the Champions League when he hardly gets a game in the prem, is a bit daft. To think that Moreno wouldn't be targeted when he is easily one of our most ropey defenders, is even dafter.

Don't know what to make of it... Klopp sounds like he has had a screaming session.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
This one's on Klopp for me.

No ball playing midfielders? Not even one? No ball winners either? In the CL against fucking Sevilla away? We made Banega look like Xabi of old.

Might have given Moreno a rest at some point as well considering his week and the availability of capable deputies.
Thought it was a bit cowardly to throw Can and Milner on to see the game out and we never usually see a game out like that anyway - should have left Coutinho on. I'd have thrown Solanke on for Firmino and told him to get stuck in a bit and hold it up more. Moreno will get fed to the wolves just like Lovren did with that sub - I don't really like those. In the end I'd take a point here.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think I’ve found a bloke to compete with Herrera in terms of pure cuntiness with Mercado. What a cheating twat he is

No c*nt is worse than Herrera.

Hate the c*nt.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
Where is he pretending that everything is hunky dory?

Not saying he in particular is doing that but more a general comment to a few people in the thread. I think people should rightly criticise (constructively) tonight. We have some issues that the players continue to show us. We shouldn’t be dismissive of it. IMO of course.

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
Can't believe I'm left thinking we best not mess this up against Spartak.  :-\

We only need a draw so it shouldn't be a problem at home. The real annoying thing, as mentioned, is that more focus will be required that what could have been. Could have wrapped up the group.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
Watched a lot of games this season and still dont understand this 'Moreno is our best player this season' rubbish - Hes stopped making mistakes and went from shite to average.

Terrible second half from all involved to be honest.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
did you joyfully switch the tele off, skip over to the computer, log on to rawk and feel real shock that people would be unhappy that we just threw away a three goal lead and a guaranteed place in the last 16 of the champions league (as group winners), via errors from the same old players that have produced the exact same shite time and time again? Or are you just playing superfan again?

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Klavan did really well to jump in the air and turn away from the ball for the 3rd goal.  :butt

I've said it before - with any of Mignolet, Moreno, Klavan & Lovren in our backline, we're only a moment away from an error that will cost us points.

We could have won tonight, won the game, then played a 'half team' in what is a busy schedule, but these lot couldn't do that. So, so weak its unreal.

Klavan played well, he was unlucky where the ball landed for the third he won the header whilst being pushed, it hit the players right leg and landed perfectly for him to shoo, could have bounced anywhere. That wasn't the problem. The problem was the first 15 minutes of the second half.

The basic instruction going into the second half had to be stop them getting anything. By any means. Get to 60 at 0-3 and the game is pretty much over.
We didn't anticipate them throwing everything at us, which is criminal. No one broke up the play, no one played their game pulling, diving, get in the refs face. We are not cynical enough in that area or disciplined enough to hold a lead.

I still think the ref didn't help the game he gave them everything, those bookings Henderson, Moreno were a joke given the two footed lunges and shirt pulling on Mane.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
I said at half-time that Sevilla were still in it. They were playing well and were putting us under pressure.

We needed the 4th and Can and Mane should have made it four.

A draw isn't the end of the world.
You were right!

We were superb going forward in the first half, but vulnerable to being split through the middle. As usual there was little protection for the centre backs. Henderson - as usual - was a menace to his own side when he had the ball under pressure and Sevilla were very clever in their movement in and around our box.

It’s not the end of the world, as you say, and we ought to qualify. But until we get a defensive midfielder who can shield the centre backs, knows how and when to press, and is able to use the ball intelligently when under pressure himself, we will continue to fall short against teams as clever as Sevilla.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
Of all the people to slag off tonight, Karius wouldnt be the first on my list.

Agreed. This is just agenda shinning through.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
You think klopp done nothing ? The subs actually muted Sevilla pretty much until that last corner where I think he fucked up was at half time that's when changes coukd have been made but we came out with a very lacksidaiscal attitude

he was supposed to make changes at half time when we were 3-0 up?  he did his best to limit the damage by hauling moreno. hard to foresee that level of stupidity from a player.