Author Topic: CL Sevilla 3 -3 LFC (Firmino 2 30, Mane 21 Ben Yedder 50, 60 (Pen) Pizzaro 93 )  (Read 86235 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Here we go then - win this and we're through :scarf

Shamelessly-stolen from the pre-match thread because I'm a lazy twat it's such a damned fine OP :wave

PRE-MATCH PREVIEW: UCL MATCHDAY 5, SEVILLA vs LIVERPOOL
Venue:

Opened in 1958, it is one of the Cathedrals in Spanish Football. The stadium is a good omen for the Spanish National Team as La Furia Roja has never lost a game whenever they played at this ground. Besides that, the stadium was one of many to host games at the 1982 FIFA World Cup, the most memorable of which was the Semi Finals between West Germany and France. The stadium also hosted the 1986 European Cup final when a Terry Venables led Barca team lost unexpectedly to Steaua București 2-0 on penalty kicks. On a sadder note, it was also the site where former Spanish International and Sevilla player Antonio Puerta collapsed to his sudden death in a league game against Getafe in August 2007.

VS

With the group stages of the Champions League entering its penultimate round games, Liverpool travel south to the land of Andalusia to face 5 time UEFA Cup/Europa League winners in a game that could seal qualification to the round of 16 for the Reds. Armed with a lethal attack containing the likes of Salah, Mane, Coutinho and Firmino, Liverpool will fancy their chances against Sevilla. The Reds have recovered after a devastating 4-1 loss against Tottenham and won three league games on the bounce scoring 10 and conceding once as well as beating Slovenian Champions Maribor 3-0 during that period.

On the other hand, Sevilla has had an inconsistent start to their La Liga campaign, after a start that included 4 wins and 1 draw , Eduardo Berizzo's men have lost 4 league games out of the next seven. Things haven't been that much better in their Champions League campaign which included a solid 2-2 draw at Anfield, however they lost their next European away game 5-1 to Spartak in Moscow. Overall the Andalusians have been trying to find their identity under their new manager, with a lot of rotations in the starting XI from game to game.

Interestingly, both teams sit in 5th place in their respective leagues on 22 points.

Players to Watch:

Wissam Ben Yedder
It is hard to pinpoint a player to watch from this Sevilla team as Eduardo Berizzo has been changing his lineups almost every game. Despite this, one name has been a constant goal scoring threat for Sevilla is Ben Yedder. The Frenchman have been in magnificent form scoring 7 league goals in 11 appearances and have 6 goals to his name in the Champions League in 5 appearances including the Playoff round. His movement, linkup play as well as his eye for goal, makes him hard to mark for the Liverpool defense. Despite this, he has not started Sevilla's last two big games (2 losses against Valencia and Barca) and didn't feature at all in their 2-1 win over Celta Vigo on the weekend. As a Liverpool fan, I hope Berizzo decides to bench him again tomorrow.

Mohamed Salah
Has there ever been a signing that has hit the ground running like him for Liverpool. 14 overall goals, 9 of which are in the league. He has been Liverpool's biggest goal scoring threat since Luis Suarez left the club. Pace, movement, Game Intelligence, he is a nightmare to mark for opposition's defenders especially with Mane on the other side of the pitch and Coutinho supplying deadly through balls. He is a decent player who has been scoring at an indecent rate, and long may it continue.

Game starts at 07.45PM BST GMT.

Come on you Reds  :scarf :scarf

Sevilla

1  Rico
25 Mercado
12 Geis
5  Lenglet
18Escudero
15 N'Zonzi
10 Banega
14 Pizarro
17 Sarabia
9  Ben Yedder
24 Nolito

Substitutes

2  Corchia
7  Krohn-Dehli
11 Correa
13 Soria
16 Jesús Navas
20 Muriel
22 Vázquez

Liverpool

1  Karius
12 Gomez
6  Lovren
17 Klavan
18 Moreno
5  Wijnaldum
14 Henderson
10 Coutinho
11 Salah
9  Firmino
19 Mané
Substitutes
7  Milner
15 Sturridge
21 Oxlade-Chamberlain
22 Mignolet
23 Can
29 Solanke
66 Alexander-Arnold

Referee:
Dr. Felix Brych
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 09:36:41 pm by Mr Twat »

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
Have to say, the atmosphere before the game is absolutely immense. Crowd is really up for this one. Lets hope the redmen are too.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
Our squad with everyone coming back looks pretty tasty. Strong team and bench today.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
1' Here we go
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
1' Mané and Salah work down the right and Mane wins a corner.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
2' GOOOOOOALLLLL
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT a finish! Poacher's goal - superb! Bobby oh bobby I want your babies.....

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
What a start, from a corner too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
Corner is headed on towards the back post where Bobby pops up an heads home.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
When did we last score from a corner?!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
We scored from a corner.

I'm not even joking.

Firmino shows off some new dance moves :lmao

• Legacy Fan
That was better than a meat flute.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Well isnt that an arse. Had to go black and flush the bog as it didnt flush properly the 1st time, and I didnt want to leave a basking shark in there. Come back in the front room and we are 1 up.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Whoooooooiiiiii

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Well isnt that an arse. Had to go black and flush the bog as it didnt flush properly the 1st time, and I didnt want to leave a basking shark in there. Come back in the front room and we are 1 up.

Fucking hell :lmao You don't get these details on the BBC page.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
We scored from a corner.

I'm not even joking.

Firmino shows off some new dance moves :lmao

Well tickle me impressed!
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
And there I was wondering why Phil was taking the corner kick

• Legacy Fan
5 Bad challenge from Banega who's lucky to get away without a yellow
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
6 Firmino flicks a header on and Mane is close to be through.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Looks like Sevilla's tactics include Kick Crap Out Of Mané............that's okay, let them try that, whilst the others tap a few more into the net.......

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
We are really up for this.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
This is why we have RAWK commentary :lmao

• Legacy Fan
8 Mané down the left but his ball is deflected out for a corner. Comes to nothing.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
This is why we have RAWK commentary :lmao

SWINE...I was about to post similar ;D
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Great stuff so far. Plenty of positives.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof

Maybe I should apply for work there :P

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
8 Mané down the left but his ball is deflected out for a corner. Comes to nothing.
Bobby came down awkwardly there - limping about a bit

• Legacy Fan
10 Sevilla player goes down like a sack.of potatoes and the ref falls for it.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
Freekick is cleared.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Looks like Bobby has shaken it off.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
10 Sevilla player goes down like a sack.of potatoes and the ref falls for it.

He did go down rather easily didnt he. I'd be embarrassed doing that in Sunday league!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
When did we last score from a corner?!
Short memories. We scored from 2 corners against West Ham. One of ours and one of theirs
I'm old.......

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Gomez is maturing at a startling rate.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof

• Legacy Fan
12 Sevilla seeing a.bit of the ball but Liverpool look confident in defence and aren't giving them any time to play.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
13 Sevilla attack down our right. Escudero shoots from a narrow angle in the side netting.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Been really impressed with how disciplined we are even when attacking, there has definitely been an adjustment in our play.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Close. Not the best marking there, Salah should have followed the runner.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
Close. Not the best marking there, Salah should have followed the runner.
Karius had that covered though

• Legacy Fan
15 Over to Jillc
Love Ren & Stimpy