Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1360081 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General
« Reply #25680 on: April 27, 2024, 09:14:31 pm »
Gakpo hasn't half got Taylor out of the shit by not knocking that in you know

The fucker should've been stood down after Everton Forest and he's had another fucking stinker today 

Didn't pay much attention to it at the time but having seen it back, it looks pretty bad. Would love to hear the audio of it and Taylor's reasoning. I expect we'll get neither.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25681 on: April 27, 2024, 09:19:01 pm »
Taylor actually looks at Ogbonna at one point when gakpos telling him as if to say 'look how awful he's being tell him'

The whistle didn't blow. It was open play, he blew the whistle for nothing
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25682 on: April 27, 2024, 09:19:43 pm »
Didn't pay much attention to it at the time but having seen it back, it looks pretty bad. Would love to hear the audio of it and Taylor's reasoning. I expect we'll get neither.

I've edited that version of what I said. He blew the whistle before Gakpo could finish it

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25683 on: April 27, 2024, 09:23:28 pm »
And then as the keeper was fine to carry on throwing the ball down for himself he actually takes it upon himself to bring on the physios

That's as bad as it fucking gets what the fuck

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25684 on: April 27, 2024, 09:28:51 pm »
I've edited that version of what I said. He blew the whistle before Gakpo could finish it

Yeah. It won't get much traction because Gakpo didn't put it in the net but its just as bad as the decisions against Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham. Big game changing decisions that refs have made this season. Some other teams have had it as well.

No doubt we'll get told refs are better than ever though and are getting 99% of decisions correct or something.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25685 on: April 27, 2024, 09:29:54 pm »
Ref Watch on Monday should be funny as fuck as that worm Gallagher tries to explain this one. He'll tie himself in knots defending his mate.

Has the incident even been mentioned in the UK press? I expect it'll never even make it to Dermot's desk.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25686 on: April 27, 2024, 09:33:46 pm »
Was gonna say Dermot Gallagher will already be at work to explain this one

There's just no hiding place for this. But it's the golden boy of reffing he's having to talk about

Pulling a sickie is probably one of his options

Jurgen Klopp

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #25687 on: April 27, 2024, 09:34:35 pm »
Another decent ref in tonight’s Championship game. Far better than the PL shite
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25688 on: April 27, 2024, 09:35:22 pm »
And then as the keeper was fine to carry on throwing the ball down for himself he actually takes it upon himself to bring on the physios

Areola looked absolutely baffled by the whole thing. He was on the floor for a little bit initially after the catch which, fine, he's wasting time or whatever as goalies do but once he's stood up again, he's perfectly fine. I can only assume that Areola falsely believed that a free kick had been awarded which is why he doesn't move when Gakpo runs toward him because he didn't start feigning injury until Taylor told him to.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25689 on: April 27, 2024, 09:38:46 pm »
Areola looked absolutely baffled by the whole thing. He was on the floor for a little bit initially after the catch which, fine, he's wasting time or whatever as goalies do but once he's stood up again, he's perfectly fine. I can only assume that Areola falsely believed that a free kick had been awarded which is why he doesn't move when Gakpo runs toward him because he didn't start feigning injury until Taylor told him to.

Taylor's face when Gakpo was telling him begging for help of Ogbonna is sickening

He's forced the keeper to play act. Told him to get on the floor nearly threw him over himself

That's the worst shit I've ever seen

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25690 on: April 27, 2024, 09:41:28 pm »

That's as bad as it fucking gets what the fuck

Way beyond, beyond.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25691 on: April 27, 2024, 09:44:49 pm »
Taylor's face when Gakpo was telling him begging for help of Ogbonna is sickening

He's forced the keeper to play act. Told him to get on the floor nearly threw him over himself

I can’t believe that they’re this inept, it doesn’t make sense.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #25692 on: April 27, 2024, 10:02:35 pm »
That Chelsea disallowed goal just now was apparently clear and obvious, and Doku on Macca wasn't. ::)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25693 on: April 27, 2024, 10:09:16 pm »

Yeah you can see the confusion on his face, he's like "what the fuck are you calling the physios on for?"
Jurgen YNWA

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25694 on: April 27, 2024, 10:15:02 pm »
That Chelsea disallowed goal just now was apparently clear and obvious, and Doku on Macca wasn't. ::)

The game is absolutely dead

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25695 on: April 27, 2024, 10:32:51 pm »
Jonathon pierce has just said he thinks the Gakpo incident was 'sensible all along'

😂😂😂

Jurgen Klopp

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25696 on: April 27, 2024, 10:34:21 pm »
Jonathon pierce has just said he thinks the Gakpo incident was 'sensible all along'

😂😂😂
What is the point in being arsed about football anymore

They called it a howler and said the ref told keeper to go down to cover his mistake. No mention that it cost us the win tho. It’s just a messy situation caused by the refs mistake then move on.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 10:39:32 pm by JRed »

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25697 on: April 27, 2024, 10:37:43 pm »
What is the point in being arsed about football anymore

Mate I'm not saying this to make a point

I really think I'm done now. We are clearly going to step back into what United have found themselves doing for a decade now. Without the money

Var is ruining huge moments. The game is over sanitised and the refereeing is appalling

I'm 47 now and just haven't got the energy to sit through the 90's again.

Jurgen Klopp

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25698 on: April 27, 2024, 10:39:56 pm »

😂😂😂

The fucking fat c*nt :no

At least Wrighty has laid into Taylor and Shearer highlighted that Areola wasn't even injured so why the physios called on?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25699 on: April 27, 2024, 10:50:08 pm »
I can't get over that Taylor shit

I've been out most of the day (refereeing ironically, if I'd done that I would be dropped for a week) so I've missed you all talking about it. That was so fucking corrupt, and I don't mean he was paid to do it or anything like that. I mean his game managenent. He told that keeper to get on with it, he waved play on and open play

He illegally blew the whistle, ran over to the keeper and nearly begged him to get on the floor for treatment after telling him to get up and get on with it and waving play on

Absolutely disgusting and he has to be dropped for next week. He'll be hauled up by assessment internally for that. A society so shrouded and defended from the media you'd think they were Masonic, so you'll hear nothing.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25700 on: April 27, 2024, 11:00:29 pm »
I can't get over that Taylor shit

I've been out most of the day (refereeing ironically, if I'd done that I would be dropped for a week) so I've missed you all talking about it. That was so fucking corrupt, and I don't mean he was paid to do it or anything like that. I mean his game managenent. He told that keeper to get on with it, he waved play on and open play

He illegally blew the whistle, ran over to the keeper and nearly begged him to get on the floor for treatment after telling him to get up and get on with it and waving play on

Absolutely disgusting and he has to be dropped for next week. He'll be hauled up by assessment internally for that. A society so shrouded and defended from the media you'd think they were Masonic, so you'll hear nothing.

Same here, didn't see the game just heard something about an incident with Gakpo when I was driving home. Couldn't believe it when I seen it, especially the wider angle where Taylor waves play on, runs toward the middle of the pitch, sees Gakpo very smartly aware that the ball was loose and just looked like he wasn't having it.  How can you tell a player to play on, blow the whistle, then tell the player he's injured (despite the keeper looking to take the goal kick) and block him !  I definitey need a break from this football carry on, none of it makes sense anymore

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #25701 on: April 28, 2024, 01:16:19 am »
It is baffling. I am baffled.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #25702 on: April 28, 2024, 07:38:26 am »
Another decent ref in tonight’s Championship game. Far better than the PL shite
It makes no difference if they're a decent Referee's in the Championship, I remember when Oliver and a few others started refereeing in the Premier League they were decent officials, but it's when they're promoted and the PGMOL and their Cronies get their corrupt claws into them they to become corrupted and it stinks mate.
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25703 on: April 28, 2024, 08:18:51 am »
The official line is:

Taylor saw it as a foul (it wasn’t) and played the advantage. Then, when he saw the keeper needed treatment (he didn’t), he brought an end to the advantage so that the physio could come on. And apparently a dropped ball to the keeper was then the correct thing to do after that.

I mean, it’s clearly a load of shite, but that’s what we have to swallow (the metaphorical shite, that is, not literal shite)

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25704 on: April 28, 2024, 08:52:14 am »
Referee telling players to take a dive !

Just when you think youve seen it all

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25705 on: April 28, 2024, 09:03:53 am »
The official line is:

Taylor saw it as a foul (it wasn’t) and played the advantage. Then, when he saw the keeper needed treatment (he didn’t), he brought an end to the advantage so that the physio could come on. And apparently a dropped ball to the keeper was then the correct thing to do after that.

I mean, it’s clearly a load of shite, but that’s what we have to swallow (the metaphorical shite, that is, not literal shite)

Taylor didn’t notice the guy was injured when he was standing only a few meters away from him, he only noticed when he was half a pitch away, having just that moment turned around? He was looking at the keeper and not Gakpo running onto a loose ball was he?

The goalkeeper wasn’t bleeding, so what, specifically, was it about the goalkeeper that Taylor realised was wrong and needed immediate attention?  If he can see internal/impact injuries through clothing and skin why does he not use these powers on players who try to continue after an injury and to stop them possibly causing more damage to themselves?  Or did he just develop this extra sensory perception in the last few days?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 09:08:06 am by Kekule »

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25706 on: April 28, 2024, 09:07:26 am »
The official line is:

It wouldn’t be a Liverpool game without a bit of gaslighting from the officials.
It’s enough to affect a persons mental health I’m stepping away from being so emotionally invested in the game as it’s just too much now, it’s actually insane what they are doing and the explanations they are giving

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #25707 on: April 28, 2024, 09:30:21 am »
It wouldn’t be a Liverpool game without a bit of gaslighting from the officials.
It’s enough to affect a persons mental health I’m stepping away from being so emotionally invested in the game as it’s just too much now, it’s actually insane what they are doing and the explanations they are giving
General feeling at the club at the moment is one of exhaustion. Fighting this doesn’t seem appealing to anyone. Although you’re right, they’re lying in plain sight.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25708 on: April 28, 2024, 09:52:02 am »
General feeling at the club at the moment is one of exhaustion. Fighting this doesn’t seem appealing to anyone. Although you’re right, they’re lying in plain sight.
Honestly, I’m starting to doubt what I’m seeing with my own eyes and thinking maybe the officials are right. So I know it’s time now.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25709 on: April 28, 2024, 09:57:01 am »
We're never ever winning the League with Webb as Boss and Atkinson in charge hand picking Refs and VAR.

Seems like every 10 games we get Taylor 3 times. Tierney  and Kavanagh twice, Coote doing a game, then getting Kavanagh Tierney and Coote rotating doing VAR.

The amount of ridiculous decisions we've had go against us since Webb took charge is astounding.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #25710 on: April 28, 2024, 10:45:08 am »

Will always be the way with Webb. Ex-SYP he's all about arse covering and public relations. Let's get our story straight and justify the unjustifiable.  He's just brought the police culture into PGMOL.

That approach just makes things worse though. Riley just sat back and said and did nothing as standards plummeted, but the Webb approach has made things worse.

They need to sort the standards and accountability out across the board, not be focused on covering their own arses. VAR as well just makes everything 10 times worse.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25711 on: April 28, 2024, 10:52:39 am »

Its frustrating mate and as much as we are all invested in the club/game dont let it get to your mental health its just not worth it.

Footy is a release and something to enjoy but I see why you have said it as its clear rules/decisions are being made up could be worse imagine how Wolves feel if I was them id want a swift return to the championship.

Webb is a disgrace and only time ive watched him on that thing with Owen was to see how he explained Diaz goal....it was laughable really you'd think it was blokes down Red Lion running it not a billion pound industry.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25712 on: April 28, 2024, 12:10:34 pm »
Its frustrating mate and as much as we are all invested in the club/game dont let it get to your mental health its just not worth it.

Footy is a release and something to enjoy but I see why you have said it as its clear rules/decisions are being made up could be worse imagine how Wolves feel if I was them id want a swift return to the championship.

Webb is a disgrace and only time ive watched him on that thing with Owen was to see how he explained Diaz goal....it was laughable really you'd think it was blokes down Red Lion running it not a billion pound industry.

Footy isn't a release any more. It's as bent as fuck and you can't even celebrate a fucking goal any more.

Some fucking release.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25713 on: April 28, 2024, 12:32:02 pm »
Footy isn't a release any more. It's as bent as fuck and you can't even celebrate a fucking goal any more.

Some fucking release.
Definitely. It’s adding to life stress rather than being a distraction now.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #25714 on: April 28, 2024, 12:56:33 pm »
Surely the clubs have to demand PGMOL changes leadership and rethinks completely.

How can we go every weekend and 50% of games have the referee’s making howlers, players furious, clubs releasing statements, and the clubs not all come together and do something.

Whatever that was yesterday was an utter farce and the club should yet again be asking for microphone recordings and a full explanation.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25715 on: April 28, 2024, 01:18:12 pm »
Surely PGMOL won’t have any problem releasing the audio. Right? Right?

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25716 on: April 28, 2024, 01:20:09 pm »
I long for the days when, after a goal, you just had a quick glance at the linesman before celebrating.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25717 on: April 28, 2024, 01:22:26 pm »
The official line is:

Has that been officially released anywhere?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #25718 on: April 28, 2024, 01:25:20 pm »
I long for the days when, after a goal, you just had a quick glance at the linesman before celebrating.

Does seem like decades ago now :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #25719 on: April 28, 2024, 01:32:51 pm »
Surely PGMOL won’t have any problem releasing the audio. Right? Right?
Taylor to the keeper - "I fucked up, pretend you're injured"