Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 v West Ham 0 Nunez 21  (Read 18507 times)

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 v West Ham 0 Nunez 21
« Reply #400 on: October 20, 2022, 10:35:17 am »
Glad that we won, yeay!!! In our current condition, it's all about the result rather than performance right now.

Of course, it's okay to complain here and there about the mistakes, missed chances, fitness and so on.

But, if you sit on a coffee table and buy a pack of Kit Kat from Sainsbury's while crunching and thinking about DIFFERENT perspective of the game, this game...

Actually, a win is a good result albeit a "normal" display in the second half of the game.

Just a few days back we were burdened with Diogo in calf injury, Matip left the field in the defeat at Arsenal, Konate with "minor" muscle injury...

Fuck this shit!!! I can't take any more injury with our players!!! Fuck left, fuck right and fucking fuck the center!! Fuck the bald c*nt, double fuck the referee bald c*nt and whatever regime that against us.

Ridiculous. Totally ridiculous our luck is...
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #401 on: October 20, 2022, 10:37:46 am »
Rice has clearly kicked on over the last couple of years (when I was probably on the bang average bandwagon). He’d get plenty of game time here with the way our midfield has gone this season, however I wouldn’t want us to particularly sign him given how much he’d cost. I think you could get better value elsewhere. It’s probably also a non starter because I don’t think the club would be in for him.

I do think he will end up at someone like Chelsea or United. Whether that’s a Champions League club these days I’m not sure.

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #402 on: October 20, 2022, 10:42:18 am »
We deserved to win to be fair and should've been 2/3, yes second half wasn't great but we grinded it out which is what matters

Another win at Forest and things are starting to turn for us. We've only 4 PL games left until the WC...  10 points from them would be decent IMO, the break will serve us well and we can basically start the season again come boxing day (hopefully not turn up like we did at Fulham...)

We look a hell of a lot better than we did pre the Arsenal game

7 points behind City at this stage isn't the end of the world, so much time to go yet. Unsure about Arsenal, they actually look class but it's Arsenal at the end of the day and could collapse... i'd be gutted about the World Cup if i was them
Just get to the break by hook or by crook, then it's a reset for the 2nd half of the season. On paper 3 of the 4 games are on the easier end of the spectrum, with the 1 really tough game away at Spurs.  Noone knows what this mid season break will do, teams could come back in completely contrasting form.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #403 on: October 20, 2022, 10:47:32 am »
Some incredible critique of rice in here. He'd get into our midfield 100%. The idea he's not champions league level, based on that alone, is for the birds.

Getting into our midfield right now isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, is it....?

He's a decent PL midfielder. Someone said it last night and it was exactly what I was thinking....he's Scott Parker. Nothing wrong with that at all, good player. Solid, good at certain things, not at certain other things. When people say 'I'd rather sign Rice than Bellingham' its absolutely laughable. If you want a number 6, there are far better who would be far cheaper. if you want a number 8, there are far better who would be far cheaper.

He'd get into our midfield right now because most of our midfielders are having a shit time of it. If they were all playing to their usual level he wouldnt get a sniff.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: October 20, 2022, 10:55:00 am »
I would not touch Rice with those quoted prices, he can join Utd for 100M and be the next Fred for them.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: October 20, 2022, 11:06:31 am »
Getting into our midfield right now isn't exactly a ringing endorsement, is it....?

He's a decent PL midfielder. Someone said it last night and it was exactly what I was thinking....he's Scott Parker. Nothing wrong with that at all, good player. Solid, good at certain things, not at certain other things. When people say 'I'd rather sign Rice than Bellingham' its absolutely laughable. If you want a number 6, there are far better who would be far cheaper. if you want a number 8, there are far better who would be far cheaper.

He'd get into our midfield right now because most of our midfielders are having a shit time of it. If they were all playing to their usual level he wouldnt get a sniff.

I agree at the price you'd pay I'm not sure we'd be in for him But I'd have Rice here if he was at a decent price though, and he'd improve our midfield no question for me. You could probably replace Scott Parker in the above quote with pre-Klopp Jordan Henderson, for example. That's not a criticism of Henderson btw, I love the guy, I guess he's probably a bit more mobile when he was at his peak but I'm not sure Jordan ever really excelled in any area, but his athleticism and drive was perfect for the midfield Klopp played.

If you didn't have to pay an offensive english premium, or indeed deal with West Ham's owners, we could do a lot worse. But then if my aunty had balls etc and so on.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: October 20, 2022, 11:09:24 am »

Agree. A lot of English players in the EPL are well overrated in my opinion. There are other players out there who are at a similar or better level and not nearly as expensive or overvalued. Rice isn't a bad player by any stretch, but he's no world beater. He's a solid player who does the basics well. If you're having to pay 100M for that, then there's something very wrong. Get him when his contract is expiring however, and it's a different story. Pretty decent signing under those circumstances. Certain a natural heir to the athleticism that Milner and Hendo have brought, and he's probably better on the ball and in tight spaces than Hendo.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 11:15:14 am by mrantarctica »

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #407 on: October 20, 2022, 11:57:55 am »
Some incredible critique of rice in here. He'd get into our midfield 100%. The idea he's not champions league level, based on that alone, is for the birds.

Some of our fans are so blinkered and biased they wear red tinted spectacles I was at the game last night he was head and and shoulders above our midfielders is he worth the fee bandied about of course not but everyone costs stupid money but to say rice at 23 wouldn’t improve our midfield is just plain stupidity, I really worry about fab his drop off is crazy it’s
Like he’s running in quick sand.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 12:03:56 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: October 20, 2022, 12:03:19 pm »
On the Rice question, he reminds me of a more dynamic Carrick in that you don't really appreciate what he does until you spend a fair bit of time in a game watching him specifically.

I don't get hugely excited about him, but still appreciate what he does.

For the money mooted though, others are welcome to him.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #409 on: October 20, 2022, 12:19:49 pm »
I agree at the price you'd pay I'm not sure we'd be in for him But I'd have Rice here if he was at a decent price though, and he'd improve our midfield no question for me. You could probably replace Scott Parker in the above quote with pre-Klopp Jordan Henderson, for example. That's not a criticism of Henderson btw, I love the guy, I guess he's probably a bit more mobile when he was at his peak but I'm not sure Jordan ever really excelled in any area, but his athleticism and drive was perfect for the midfield Klopp played.

If you didn't have to pay an offensive english premium, or indeed deal with West Ham's owners, we could do a lot worse. But then if my aunty had balls etc and so on.

Henderson's level in 13/14 was miles above Parker at the top level.

I'd agree Rice is someone Klopp could mould into a very solid midfielder for us but we don't need to pay 80+ million for that with crazy wages to match That's more what we're willing to pay for a Tchouameni or Bellingham who could potentially transform us. Rice wouldn't.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: October 20, 2022, 12:34:21 pm »
Some of our fans are so blinkered and biased they wear red tinted spectacles I was at the game last night he was head and and shoulders above our midfielders is he worth the fee bandied about of course not but everyone costs stupid money but to say rice at 23 wouldn’t improve our midfield is just plain stupidity, I really worry about fab his drop off is crazy it’s
Like he’s running in quick sand.

So you watched last night and genuinely thought Declan Rice is head and shoulders above Thiago? I mean, maybe literally in height...
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #411 on: October 20, 2022, 12:47:34 pm »
If Rice was available for the kind of fee we paid for Naby then I think that would be value for money. He's press resistant, breaks up play, has an eye for a pass and is deceptively quick with very good stamina. He ticks most of the boxes but the asking price is bonkers.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #412 on: October 20, 2022, 01:14:56 pm »
I'm really impressed with Rice over the past year or so.

Would be a great signing for us, but if we were (big if) to lump £100m on a footballer, I'd rather it be Bellingham.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: October 20, 2022, 01:36:43 pm »
So you watched last night and genuinely thought Declan Rice is head and shoulders above Thiago? I mean, maybe literally in height...

Thiago is a different entity, but anyone who thinks he wouldn’t improve us needs to give there head a wobble, he would be the ideal replacement for hendo, don’t get me wrong the money mentioned is stupid but anyone we get linked with is going to be expensive.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: October 20, 2022, 01:49:08 pm »
Thiago is a different entity, but anyone who thinks he wouldn’t improve us needs to give there head a wobble, he would be the ideal replacement for hendo, don’t get me wrong the money mentioned is stupid but anyone we get linked with is going to be expensive.

Again at this moment in time, it’s not a high barometer is it? It’s hardly a reason to make out like he’s fucking amazing, it’s a bit like looking at Ben Foster when we had Adam Bogdan in goal and talking about how great he was because he’d improve our goalkeepers. Poor example I know because Foster was very good, and at that time could have really improved considering his age, but the point stands.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WanderlustRed

• Not Really Caring That Much For 25 Years & Counting. Definitely not a fawnicator.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #415 on: October 20, 2022, 02:26:16 pm »
Liverpool isn't signing Rice. We don't buy expensive English players. The last one was Oxlade-Chamberlain, I think.

If LFC spends a ton on anyone English/from the PL it'll be Bellingham but I'm not sure even that will happen.

Rice doesn't get forward enough to do what Thiago and Henderson do, progress the ball and get service into the box. Rice does a lot of passing into the final third but no further. He maybe could do what Fabinho does but we already have a Fabinho. It's not worth paying 100M or whatever for a squad player for Fabinho that would be a forced fit to any other midfield role, especially when it looks like 2 CMs may be the way forward at least for a while.

Tielemans on a free would be an interesting signing next summer if you're looking for a younger mid to do a lot of Jordan Henderson type things, but also some Fabinho and Thiago things.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: October 20, 2022, 02:33:54 pm »
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #417 on: October 20, 2022, 02:36:24 pm »
If you look at what Klopp would look for in a pure 6 then it would be aerial dominance, athleticism, press resistance and an ability to retain possession. Rice ticks all of those boxes.

He has made it clear that he won't sign a new deal at West Ham and will have 12 months left on his contract in the summer.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #418 on: October 20, 2022, 02:44:16 pm »
Anywhere we can talk about last night's game? Sorry to ask here in the Declan Rice Thread but it seems the busiest so thought someone might know.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #419 on: October 20, 2022, 02:46:51 pm »
Anywhere we can talk about last night's game? Sorry to ask here in the Declan Rice Thread but it seems the busiest so thought someone might know.

Whilst that’s funny, can I just make a couple of points about Declan Rice please? I think they at least bring something new to the debate.

1) doesn’t his head look way to big for his body?
2) I think he’s tall. But knee to hip are always at right angles to his lower leg so he looks about 5’2 when he’s running.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: October 20, 2022, 02:46:56 pm »
What about Bellingham?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: October 20, 2022, 02:50:51 pm »
What about Bellingham?

Is he best mates with Mason Mount?

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: October 20, 2022, 02:52:17 pm »
Rice = Asian food.  :)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #423 on: October 20, 2022, 02:59:54 pm »
Rice = Asian food.  :)
I made a joke on those lines last night but don't think anyone go it (or it was shite) :)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: October 20, 2022, 03:04:49 pm »
I made a joke on those lines last night but don't think anyone go it (or it was shite) :)

I always get rice personally.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: October 20, 2022, 03:09:54 pm »

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: October 20, 2022, 03:27:36 pm »
I apologise for saying Rice was excellent. It's my fault everyone.

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #427 on: October 20, 2022, 03:39:33 pm »
I apologise for saying Rice was excellent. It's my fault everyone.

Oh now you apologise. Did you throw coins aswell?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2022, 03:41:41 pm »
He also attacked the RAWK Bus. Al who was driving the bus nearly had his bacon sandwich thrown on the floor.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2022, 03:58:42 pm »
I think you’re the one having a laugh, it was only CL teams interested in him last year(Chelsea and United) he was simply priced out a move, Phillips went to City only last summer and you think Rice won’t go to a CL team?

Not. Happening.

I am supremely confident this pretender will never see a top 4 club. Maybe the likes of Spuds might be stupid enough to spunk 100 mill on a bog standard average CM, but I don't see City, Arsenal and even Chelsea spending big for Rice.

There is a massive gulf in quality between Rodri and Rice. They are not in the same league. Its laughable to think City will come for him.

We should be looking to unearth the next Veratti or Rodri instead of wasting our resources in two season English wonders who are nowhere near the required quality.

Again, I rest assured in the knowledge that Klopp will never come in for Rice, not unless he is available for 20 mill which is never happening.

Despite his growing little fanclub at RAWK, Rice is not going to a serious club.

Want to have a little bet? 50 gbp says Rice is not going to City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. I am not even going to mention the likes of Real, Bayern, Barca, PSG etc. Lets put our money where our gobs are. You seem to be very vociferous in your assertion that Rice will go to a big club. Back it up fella.
Phuk yoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #430 on: October 20, 2022, 04:08:46 pm »

Henderson of a year ago is so much better than this overrated shyster. A fit Henderson is simply not even comparable to Rice.

Rice's floaty long passes remind of Mascherano's long passes. Accurate and generally easy to control, but leading to nothing 9 times out of 10.

Henderson's passes (when fit) are crisp and lead to chances for us. Henderson also makes more tackles, interceptions and generally is much better at harassing opposition players.

Phuk yoo

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2022, 04:22:18 pm »

Bit unfair combining two players' speed there at the end
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: October 20, 2022, 04:29:42 pm »
If you look at what Klopp would look for in a pure 6 then it would be aerial dominance, athleticism, press resistance and an ability to retain possession. Rice ticks all of those boxes.

He has made it clear that he won't sign a new deal at West Ham and will have 12 months left on his contract in the summer.

West Ham have an option of an extra year I believe, so still long enough on his contract for them to demand big money.

I think he's a really good player and could be a very good option for us in a number of set ups, but he's £50 million good not £100 million good.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2022, 04:46:49 pm »
Rice was very decent yesterday, but really the match confirmed what we already know and what has been discussed at length on RAWK - we need another midfielder! Talk of Bellingham or whoever is understandable, but does anyone see us making a decisive move for a new CM in the January window? I don’t think so, so we will have to continue making the best of what we have this season. Would certainly help if Fabinho can rediscover some form (I think he will), and Elliott’s progress coupled with the return of Jones is also a plus. Any idea what’s happening with the lesser-spotted Naby Keita?! I still think this season is going to be up and down and a top 4 finish would be a fine outcome considering our start and injury list.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2022, 04:49:37 pm »
West Ham have an option of an extra year I believe, so still long enough on his contract for them to demand big money.

I think he's a really good player and could be a very good option for us in a number of set ups, but he's £50 million good not £100 million good.

Without the "English Tax", he is worth 20-25 mill tops.  He simply isn't that good.
Phuk yoo

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #435 on: October 20, 2022, 04:58:19 pm »
Rice was good last night.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: October 20, 2022, 05:17:53 pm »
Me when I just fancy something bland:

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: October 20, 2022, 05:36:58 pm »

On its own? Or with a curry? I like to sometimes cook my rice like the bulgur with a veggie stock cube for flavour.

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: October 20, 2022, 05:39:08 pm »
I am getting depressed.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #439 on: October 20, 2022, 05:41:31 pm »
We should discous-cous if Rice is pasta his best. No need for any noodle, just a pleasant chaat