Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 1 v West Ham 0 Nunez 21  (Read 17860 times)

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 1 v West Ham 0 Nunez 21
« Reply #280 on: October 19, 2022, 09:58:33 pm »
Yeah the subs killed our play, but I thought we looked slightly off the entire 2nd half. One of those games where we should have been a few goals to the good at half-time and as someone put it earlier - a couple of weeks ago, I think we lose that game. At this point let's just take the 3 points and move on to the Forest game at the weekend, which will be another toughie. Mo is so wasted out wide, that's my only thought from today.

Offline WanderlustRed

• Not Really Caring That Much For 25 Years & Counting. Definitely not a fawnicator.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #281 on: October 19, 2022, 09:58:35 pm »
Nope. There's a reason Rice starts over Hendo for England

Is that reason because the England coach is a blithering idiot? Because it certainly could be. Did a pretty good job unsettling his best right back and now doesn't have any right backs lol.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #282 on: October 19, 2022, 09:58:41 pm »
We've got Firmino, Salah, Jota, Diaz, Nunez with a full fit attack who's gonna go RM/RW then if Salah plays centrally ?

Milner.  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #283 on: October 19, 2022, 09:59:30 pm »
We've got Firmino, Salah, Jota, Diaz, Nunez with a full fit attack who's gonna go RM/RW then if Salah plays centrally ?

At the moment I doubt if we’ll ever have a fully fit attack. Or if we do we’ll have chunks of midfield missing or no full backs. :D

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #284 on: October 19, 2022, 10:00:35 pm »
Nope. There's a reason Rice starts over Hendo for England
Oh boy, of all the reasons you go pick this one, the supreme wisdom of Southgate  ;D

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #285 on: October 19, 2022, 10:01:09 pm »
Think any problems we’re having are down to us not having a settled back 4… it’s forced on us by injuries so it is what it is ..

We seemed to lose something going forward after the subs and that let West Ham back into it .. but again that’s just about keeping players fit and avoiding injuries … we can’t be brilliant every week … sometimes you have to grind the results out
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #286 on: October 19, 2022, 10:01:12 pm »
Wasnt MOTM, Bobby, Thiago and Nunez all better. He had a wonderful 2nd half though alleviated alot of pressure on them and provided great play to get them off the back foot. Sometimes it feels like him being english puts him in a bad standing on here (not you specifically) because he get's praise in this country, he's a very good CM. The fees talked about him from West Ham are stupid but not suprising, he's their most valuable player and everyone knows he isn't worth 150million, they're simply pricing him out of a move,

He is as good as Owen Hargreaves at his prime if I were to compare like for like. Took advantage of us when we were weakened after our sub

We had made it so hard for ourselves.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #287 on: October 19, 2022, 10:01:15 pm »
You are probably the only person on the planet who would start Hendo over Rice.

I have seen hundreds of overrated and overhyped Declan Rices since 1998 to know better.

If any top club comes calling for him, I will change my username to whatever you want. I am that confident.

At best he will go to a Spuds for a couple of seasons and see out his career in mid table mediocrity.

And yeah, I will take Hendo any day any time over this overrated pretender.

A couple of decent passes and runs and people are fawning over him.
Phuk yoo

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #288 on: October 19, 2022, 10:02:59 pm »
Rice would be perfect for us but if we are spending ~100m I'd rather go for Bellingham

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: October 19, 2022, 10:03:45 pm »
He is as good as Owen Hargreaves at his prime if I were to compare like for like. Took advantage of us when we were weakened after our sub

We had made it so hard for ourselves.

You can only play what's infront of you. He performs well for them often which is why their fans rave about him

I rate him personally. Seen him have a lot of really good games and he's better than he gets credit for on here IMO. If they didn't want a fortune for him i'd 100% have him to improve our midfield.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #290 on: October 19, 2022, 10:03:49 pm »
I have seen hundreds of overrated and overhyped Declan Rices since 1998 to know better.

If any top club comes calling for him, I will change my username to whatever you want. I am that confident.

At best he will go to a Spuds for a couple of seasons and see out his career in mid table mediocrity.

Rice did well second half today but we didn't have any legs in midfield (and hasn't been the first to take advantage of that). Once Thiago went off we were easier to exploit. Fabinho never really got a grip when he came on.

Not really the game to judge him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #291 on: October 19, 2022, 10:04:04 pm »
Chelsea v United and Spurs v Newcastle at weekend.

Important we get 3 points on board against Forest.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #292 on: October 19, 2022, 10:04:18 pm »

He'll go to Chelsea if he goes anywhere. 
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #293 on: October 19, 2022, 10:04:39 pm »
Rice would be perfect for us but if we are spending ~100m I'd rather go for Bellingham

Why would you think a cumbersome DM would be ‘perfect’ for us? I mean…if we could sign any CM in the world, Declan Rice would be perfect. Really?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #294 on: October 19, 2022, 10:05:07 pm »
We started with all our main fit attacking options. I guess it was inevitable we’d look less threatening once we started making subs. The gamble was we’d do enough to have the game safe by then, which we didn’t quite do.

The alternative would have been to start with Nunez or maybe Carvalho on the bench but then we might not have seen such a good first half.

With games coming thick and fast, and a thin squad we have to accept that’s the reality at the moment. We won’t see free flowing football for 90 minutes. Based on that, just keep churning out the wins. No one will care about this second half by the time we assess where are when the World Cup break comes around.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2022, 10:05:08 pm »
I suspect if we mention Trippier and Maguire being picked over Trent and Gomez it’d be missing the point, or something

😁
Phuk yoo

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #296 on: October 19, 2022, 10:05:21 pm »
Why would you think a cumbersome DM would be ‘perfect’ for us? I mean…if we could sign any CM in the world, Declan Rice would be perfect. Really?

If he was called Ricedinho you'd be all over him ;)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #297 on: October 19, 2022, 10:05:23 pm »
WH is just the right level for Rice, but I guess he will go warm bench at one of the oil clubs instead.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: October 19, 2022, 10:05:36 pm »
Amazon Prime so much better with their coverage. Compare that post-match interview compared to the shite leading questions he gets asked by Sky.
It was great until I heard that prick McManaman piping up at the end of the game. Of all the pundits they could use they get that dickhead.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: October 19, 2022, 10:07:36 pm »
Declan Rice very much feels like a Zaha - good enough for a certain level but not above, but plays in London so beloved way WAY beyond their skill.

The idea, as seems to be pushed by the English media, that he is one of the best midfielders in the world, is fucking ludicrous

Offline lollysportswasher

• Wants us to accept the reality that Liverpool will never sign another player.
  • Kopite
« Reply #300 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:00 pm »
WH is just the right level for Rice, but I guess he will go warm bench at one of the oil clubs instead.

Chelsea are gonna buy him. Kante is an injury prone and is out for 4 months.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #301 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:06 pm »
If he was called Ricedinho you'd be all over him ;)

If he was called Ricedinho he’d be below Kleberson in Brazils pecking order, and he retired 6 years ago
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:35 pm »
I thought Rice was excellent, good player but the price tag is insane, 40 or 50m do it in an instant. Though can't blame them for wanting loads when you see what some shit in this league go for. Reckon Jurgen would love him too but feels like he's nailed on for Chelsea, their central midfield is in a state, he's a fan etc

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #303 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:40 pm »
Job done. First half good, second half a struggle. Big Ali is owed a pint by Gomez!

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #304 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:42 pm »
I rate Rice highly and wouldn't mind him but I wouldn't £100m+ wouldn't mind him, if that makes sense.
Exactly. Full disclosure, Iam irish and have an axe to grind after he left the country high and dry to play for England. But I also think it points to his character, if you heard all the malarkey he came out with when he turned up for a few friendlies for the Republic, only to then jump ship at the first oppotunity..

I also think playing for England is bad for certain players. Sterling springs to mind as someone who suddenly became full of himself when the national spotlight was turned on him. I reckon when the FA gets hold of the players they fill them with self-important bullshit about honour, priovilege and exceptionalism. When I herard Rice come out a few weeks back and talk to the media like he was the manager I was thinking 'there is a rotten apple'.

He is a decent player and if he had remained O'Rice he would have been a cheap pick-up for £30m or so, and astute signing for the squad. But if he comes to Liverpool now it's for stupid money and with all the bullshit baggage certain England players bring everywhere.

Imagine the same interviews Grealish is currently giving, all humble 'doin ma best guvnor' but laced with resentment about lack of playing time etc. Media types whining every other interview about Rice's minutes and why he needs more time playing 'for the national team'. Fuck that.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: October 19, 2022, 10:08:52 pm »
If he was called Ricedinho he’d be below Kleberson in Brazils pecking order, and he retired 6 years ago

I dunno Richarlson gets into the current Brazil team, so who knows what they are doing.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: October 19, 2022, 10:10:37 pm »
Amazon Prime so much better with their coverage. Compare that post-match interview compared to the shite leading questions he gets asked by Sky.

It's just a lot more pleasant. Sky lot are just wankers trying to get viral clips for the socials.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2022, 10:10:48 pm »
Wasnt MOTM, Bobby, Thiago and Nunez all better. He had a wonderful 2nd half though alleviated alot of pressure on them and provided great play to get them off the back foot. Sometimes it feels like him being english puts him in a bad standing on here (not you specifically) because he get's praise in this country, he's a very good CM. The fees talked about him from West Ham are stupid but not suprising, he's their most valuable player and everyone knows he isn't worth 150million, they're simply pricing him out of a move,

I thought Rice was good 2nd half. Pretty anonymous 1st half though. He is the sort of player that can go unnoticed in a game but seems to do the simple things well. He was their best player 2nd half but not sure how much of that was due to our changes.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2022, 10:10:52 pm »
Darwin Núñez has been recorded moving at 38km/h this evening, the fastest speed recorded by a player in the Premier League this season.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: October 19, 2022, 10:11:35 pm »
Declan Rice is a good player - possibly a very good one - that's it.

All this talk like he's some kind of ludicrous talent is riduclous. He's Scott Parker reincarnate basically. A good player who people pretend is great for no reason.

Offline touchlineban

• Main Stander
  • Nothing Personal
« Reply #310 on: October 19, 2022, 10:12:27 pm »
First half other than the last five minutes we controlled it.  Should have had more than the one goal too.  Great save for the penalty from the bearded one.
Nunez's superb header and the shot with his left peg deserved a goal.  Looked busy and threatening the time he was on the pitch.

Second half our legs looked like jelly.

The deflections from Firmino and Zouma that could have gone in would have eased the pessure late on too. How ol' man Milner and Becker kept the ball out
for that (was it Soucek?) chance I'll never know.

Still, three points after the City game can't complain.  March on early saturday.
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit posting."

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #311 on: October 19, 2022, 10:12:27 pm »
Played well. Think the city game took the wind out our sails second half. Massive game Saturday as Chelsea play united and Newcastle play spurs.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: October 19, 2022, 10:14:42 pm »
Unbelievable, how can anyone judge Jurgen on his subs when the squad is bare to the bones. Just stop. It was a risk with a better reward beyond 3 points and it worked with 3 points.

I don't think he had much choice, it's frustrating because those triple subs tend to work well when we've got a strong bench and it was going to weaken us tonight.

It's just getting to the World Cup by hook or crook with hopefully some more wins, no more injuries and into the CL knockouts. That's a big ask though, it was a big win tonight.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: October 19, 2022, 10:16:03 pm »
Not sure if you are serious? Rice is a stinking pile of shit.

We see a different game I guess.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #314 on: October 19, 2022, 10:16:34 pm »
If we're gonna spend 100m on one player, I'd prefer Kvaratskelia

Rice is above average but not worth anywhere near 100m.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2022, 10:16:55 pm »
Declan Rice is a good player - possibly a very good one - that's it.

All this talk like he's some kind of ludicrous talent is riduclous. He's Scott Parker reincarnate basically. A good player who people pretend is great for no reason.

He is a talent.

80 passes tonight with a 95% success rate. There is a space between the hype and the reality and he is a good player.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: October 19, 2022, 10:17:34 pm »
Milner and Alisson saved our arses today. I’d take a 1-0 all day against any team at the moment, just need to get maximum points in our next 4 before the World Cup and we’ll have a solid base to build on when it’s done.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2022, 10:18:16 pm »
"Henderson also had a low cross diverted onto his own crossbar by Kurt Zouma, who injured himself in the process. “That’s how your cat feels,” sang the Kop as the defender received lengthy treatment."

heh heh heh
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline James...

• Main Stander
« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2022, 10:18:38 pm »
I rate Rice highly and wouldn't mind him but I wouldn't £100m+ wouldn't mind him, if that makes sense.

Exactly where I am with Declan Rice. He’s better than I thought he was, but not £100m levels better.

If he was available for £50m then yeah he’d make a good DM but he isn’t a £100m transformative footballer.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2022, 10:18:40 pm »
"Henderson also had a low cross diverted onto his own crossbar by Kurt Zouma, who injured himself in the process. “That’s how your cat feels,” sang the Kop as the defender received lengthy treatment."

heh heh heh

:lmao fantastic.