Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1084322 times)

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #19800 on: May 18, 2024, 04:55:37 pm »
Some escape for Union Berlin. Volland will be a very happy camper!!
Never understood why he left Leverkusen, was a good player. Maybe something behind the doors. Bet he wish he’d stayed.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19801 on: May 18, 2024, 04:57:45 pm »
Doing it in one season is so difficult.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19802 on: May 18, 2024, 04:58:10 pm »
UB saved saved by a whisker and my national team's goalkeeper lifting a throphy. 8)
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #19803 on: May 18, 2024, 04:58:46 pm »
Great last day with Union Berlin surviving, Stuttgart pipping Bayern and Leverkusen getting the unbeaten league season.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19804 on: May 18, 2024, 06:50:48 pm »
Great last day with Union Berlin surviving, Stuttgart pipping Bayern and Leverkusen getting the unbeaten league season.

That's bonkers & very Spurs that Bayern [with Kane & Dier] end up 3rd in a 2 horse race. ;D

Great achievement for Leverkusen going unbeaten, 2 more matches though.
#Sausages

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19805 on: May 18, 2024, 08:37:16 pm »
That's bonkers & very Spurs that Bayern [with Kane & Dier] end up 3rd in a 2 horse race. ;D

Great achievement for Leverkusen going unbeaten, 2 more matches though.

Third in a one horse race :lmao

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #19806 on: May 18, 2024, 08:40:53 pm »
I think that's Heidenheim in Europe next season if Leverkusen win the German Cup  :o
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19807 on: May 18, 2024, 09:37:39 pm »
I think that's Heidenheim in Europe next season if Leverkusen win the German Cup  :o

Absolutely love that if it happens... Frank Schmidt is a genius... ;D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19808 on: May 18, 2024, 09:37:51 pm »
Technically a season... ;)

A staggering achievement that! I'm surprised how little it gets talked about. Im pretty sure its the most consistent run of performance and results we have seen in English top flight football history.   
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19809 on: May 18, 2024, 09:52:53 pm »
If Leverkusen win the treble unbeaten, that has to be the greatest footballing achievement by a side/manager in a single season, hasn’t it?

Leicester winning the league with 81 points in a season where only one other side got over 70 doesn’t come close in my opinion.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19810 on: May 18, 2024, 10:33:39 pm »
If Leverkusen win the treble unbeaten, that has to be the greatest footballing achievement by a side/manager in a single season, hasn’t it?

Leicester winning the league with 81 points in a season where only one other side got over 70 doesn’t come close in my opinion.

A club going unbeaten in a full season has never happened before when they've got European football.

It happened once in England (Preston in 1889 - obviously pre-European competition and far fewer games).

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 10:35:34 pm by Fromola »

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19811 on: Yesterday at 10:30:49 am »
Got to feel a tad bad for Stuttgart really. I bet if you told their fans at the start of the season that they'd finish above Bayern Munich, they'd have assumed that they'd win the title. They'll no doubt be buzzing about their achievements regardless, but maybe a tad unfortunate that the (presumably) one season where they overachieve is the same season that Leverkusen go on a mad one.

Offline CortexVortex

• Main Stander
  • I'm so glad that Jürgen is a Red
« Reply #19812 on: Yesterday at 10:31:56 am »
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wvHyGrXM5IE

Great scenes in Leverkusen. Xabi celebrating with the Ultras is just great to see.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19813 on: Yesterday at 10:45:20 am »
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/wvHyGrXM5IE

Great scenes in Leverkusen. Xabi celebrating with the Ultras is just great to see.

Giving them their first title in their 119 year history. And in that fashion. Amazing.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #19814 on: Yesterday at 11:10:51 am »
Worth mentioning that not only were they unbeaten, their points per game is equivalent to more than a 100 point season if it was played across 38 games.

If they win the next two, the sleight against them will be that they weren’t in the Champions League. They’ll be very revved up for the Super Cup I reckon.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19815 on: Yesterday at 11:31:17 am »
Worth mentioning that not only were they unbeaten, their points per game is equivalent to more than a 100 point season if it was played across 38 games.

If they win the next two, the sleight against them will be that they weren’t in the Champions League. They’ll be very revved up for the Super Cup I reckon.

Although, lo and behold, Bayern got 90 ad 91 in successive seasons in 2013 and 2014 (Leverkusen got 90 with a weaker goal difference).

It's one record in Germany Bayern haven't got though, as they haven't gone unbeaten a whole league season.

Considering everything Leverkusen have achieved in terms of an unbeaten league season and the title, in their entire history they'd only won one German Cup and a UEFA Cup. They can even equal that next week.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19816 on: Yesterday at 11:35:03 am »

It will be 57 games in all comps. That's a pretty intense number of matches.

Hopefully they won't suffer the fatigue we hit the year after our Quad attempt. Mind you, if they win the next two trophies they'll be starting on a high.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19817 on: Yesterday at 11:43:39 am »

I've said all season had they been in the CL this season they could have won it. However, they'd have probably lost a game at some point and could have fallen short against City or Madrid, at least in one of the two legs. Even in Europa they were close to extra time against Roma (and a minute away from losing second leg) and minutes away from getting knocked out to Qarabag of all teams.

If they go a whole season unbeaten and win the Europa League i'd say that tops Bayern's trebles of 2013 and 2020 or City's last year. Barca also won the treble twice in 2009 and 2015 and would have won another one in 2019 but for the Anfield comeback.

Winning the treble has been diluted a lot. Going unbeaten a whole season hasn't been done before with a team in Europe and is less likely to be repeated.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:46:36 am by Fromola »

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #19818 on: Yesterday at 11:47:26 am »
I've said all season had they been in the CL this season they could have won it. However, they'd have probably lost a game at some point and could have fallen short against City or Madrid. Even in Europa they were close to extra time against Roma (and a minute away from losing second leg) and minutes away from getting knocked out to Qarabag of all teams.

If they go a whole season unbeaten and win the Europa League i'd say that tops Bayern's trebles of 2013 and 2021 or City's last year. Barca also won the treble twice in 2009 and 2015 and would have won another one in 2019 but for the Anfield comeback.

Winning the treble has been diluted a lot. Going unbeaten a whole season hasn't been done before with a team in Europe and is less likely to be repeated.

If you take the context out of it around who is winning the respective trebles, I still think the Champions League trebles are better, despite not being undefeated. With the context of Bayer Leverkusen being the ones doing it, this becomes the bigger achievement, in my opinion.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19819 on: Yesterday at 02:54:57 pm »
If you take the context out of it around who is winning the respective trebles, I still think the Champions League trebles are better, despite not being undefeated. With the context of Bayer Leverkusen being the ones doing it, this becomes the bigger achievement, in my opinion.

True, but since the advent of European competition, an unbeaten domestic season hasn't been achieved in any of the top leagues (I know Celtic did it recently in Scotland). Arsenal in 2004 didn't win either of the domestic cups for example. So just the unbeaten domestic season is unique.

Add in full European campaign on top as well.

The treble has been done 5 times just in the last 15 years.