Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 169327 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #1200 on: April 28, 2021, 06:37:13 pm »
I can’t think of one truly good thing for quite some time

Bobby's full-pitch run to celebrate in front of the supporters on the Kop and the breakaway/big-passes goal against West Ham were a couple of nice reminders of what we're really about.  Not quite silver-linings, but nice moments nonetheless.

I'll also add that - whilst confidence is clearly shot - the players do seem genuinely delighted & supported of one another on the goods days (the recent 'run' and the Spurs & West Ham back-to-backs as examples).

I know it's not much...

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1201 on: April 28, 2021, 06:44:45 pm »
Not in any order....VAR, empty stadiums, FFP rules openly flaunted, unpunished blatant serial cheating from snivelling shithouse players and over analysis of every part of the game served up by armchair know alls or thick self serving pundits.

Stats and predictions for everything, boring as fuck, every goal broken down and dissected to why it was conceded or how it was scored. They are turning a simple game into a science.

Those are the reasons I haven't watched a single match this season. Nothing to do with us being shite, I have followed us home and away for years and seen plenty of shite, but we had a laugh, made the most of it, then looked forward to the next game.

Footy is crap now....lost all interest in it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:14:01 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1202 on: April 28, 2021, 06:45:21 pm »
Bobby's full-pitch run to celebrate in front of the supporters on the Kop and the breakaway/big-passes goal against West Ham were a couple of nice reminders of what we're really about.  Not quite silver-linings, but nice moments nonetheless.

I'll also add that - whilst confidence is clearly shot - the players do seem genuinely delighted & supported of one another on the goods days (the recent 'run' and the Spurs & West Ham back-to-backs as examples).

I know it's not much...

Yeah the only positive I take is that I’ve never not thought this is just one big shit show of a season and we just need to get it over with. I’ve never lost confidence in the players and manager.

Actually, the other good thing I’ve done this season is not look at anything Twitter related or post on here (the fucking super league brought me back). Does your mental health the world of good.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 06:47:34 pm by meady1981 »

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1203 on: April 28, 2021, 06:50:11 pm »

Think I lost interest in it a while ago and was clinging on for 30 years to win the league. That finally happening was definitely a bit of a reality comedown afterwards.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1204 on: April 28, 2021, 06:59:57 pm »
Think I lost interest in it a while ago and was clinging on for 30 years to win the league. That finally happening was definitely a bit of a reality comedown afterwards.

I would have hung on longer to the game I was obsessed with, but those 2 seasons of CL and Prem glory capped it off nicely for me.

Still keep an eye out for our scores, not arsed at all now about anyone else. Even fixing some of the stuff I mentioned in my post wouldn't rekindle my love or excitement for the game. Probably an age thing too, at 62,I have simply moved on I think.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1205 on: April 28, 2021, 07:51:48 pm »
I would have hung on longer to the game I was obsessed with, but those 2 seasons of CL and Prem glory capped it off nicely for me.

Still keep an eye out for our scores, not arsed at all now about anyone else. Even fixing some of the stuff I mentioned in my post wouldn't rekindle my love or excitement for the game. Probably an age thing too, at 62,I have simply moved on I think.

Is it the sport altogether, or just all the shite at the top level?

Personally, i'm looking forward to getting my fix on a Saturday at non league games again in August which i've missed this season. And I still enjoying playing football.

The monstrosity of VAR, the Sky Sports circus, the oil clubs and the media/social media shite is not football. It's a pale imitation.

The dawning moment for me was when Sky, Neville and co all went crazy over the SL and then celebrated its swift demise. As much as I knew it was a shit idea, I wasn't going to celebrate the preservation of what's become of the PL and now the new CL format. We can all rest easy that the likes of City and Chelsea are free to win everything.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:01:38 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1206 on: April 28, 2021, 08:16:22 pm »
Is it the sport altogether, or just all the shite at the top level?

Personally, i'm looking forward to getting my fix on a Saturday at non league games again in August which i've missed this season. And I still enjoying playing football.

I gave up going the match to play in Liverpool Sat and Sun Amateur Leages. I even played for the Internet LFC team, as did a couple of members on here I think, inc Andy Heaton, lovely fella was our keeper.

I loved playing and played till I was 52, when I played as a 'ringer' for my old Post Office team in the Stanley Cup, haha I scored a hatrick and in my excitement gave my real name to the ref and the game!

My knee finally packed in, 4 ops down the line it was bound too!

The top level stuff just depresses me, I think you mentioned this to me before about trying lower level games. Next season I am going to make the effort to follow AFC Liverpool and Marine, who play at the same ground as its only about 20 minutes away for me.

It'll just be nice to see a decent, hard but fair game, standing up with a pint too. Even just as a casual observer, it might turn out to be a great way to spend a Sat afternoon (again!)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 08:18:07 pm by mikeb58 »

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: April 28, 2021, 08:36:12 pm »
I gave up going the match to play in Liverpool Sat and Sun Amateur Leages. I even played for the Internet LFC team, as did a couple of members on here I think, inc Andy Heaton, lovely fella was our keeper.

I loved playing and played till I was 52, when I played as a 'ringer' for my old Post Office team in the Stanley Cup, haha I scored a hatrick and in my excitement gave my real name to the ref and the game!

My knee finally packed in, 4 ops down the line it was bound too!

The top level stuff just depresses me, I think you mentioned this to me before about trying lower level games. Next season I am going to make the effort to follow AFC Liverpool and Marine, who play at the same ground as its only about 20 minutes away for me.

It'll just be nice to see a decent, hard but fair game, standing up with a pint too. Even just as a casual observer, it might turn out to be a great way to spend a Sat afternoon (again!)

I enjoy groundhopping on a Saturday. Pick a game to go to, make a day of it, have a few pints, watch an honest game of football and a good day out. I've really missed that this season, while stuck at home watching VAR-led farces like Brighton, Everton, Leicester away on a Saturday afternoon ruining my weekend (or the Firmino VAR call the other week against Villa).

It's not a real game of football with VAR involved.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1208 on: April 29, 2021, 12:06:28 am »
Not in any order....VAR, empty stadiums, FFP rules openly flaunted, unpunished blatant serial cheating from snivelling shithouse players and over analysis of every part of the game served up by armchair know alls or thick self serving pundits.

Stats and predictions for everything, boring as fuck, every goal broken down and dissected to why it was conceded or how it was scored. They are turning a simple game into a science.

Those are the reasons I haven't watched a single match this season. Nothing to do with us being shite, I have followed us home and away for years and seen plenty of shite, but we had a laugh, made the most of it, then looked forward to the next game.

Although there is so much wrong with the game these days, the part of your post in bold bugs me as much as many of the bigger issues. The ridiculous, forensic over-analysis of what is a simple game is embarrassing. I know, it's just a symptom of the 'squeeze every last drop out of it' culture we have in modern times, but my god, it's so tedious, so boring and all so unnecessary. I know, column inches need filling and 24 hour sports TV coverage needs a lot of filler, but talk about flogging a dead horse. Also, I know, pundits, commentators etc need to feel and sound important, but the endless moronic droning is overkill.

Mind you, the game and the circus around it is just mirroring the world around us. Everything's overblown, overhyped and overplayed. A plastic imitation of something that used to be real. The game has turned into Katie Price. Pumped up, full of hot air and filler. Trying to be something it's not, and looking rather tragic and sad because of it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: April 29, 2021, 12:19:33 am »
Although there is so much wrong with the game these days, the part of your post in bold bugs me as much as many of the bigger issues. The ridiculous, forensic over-analysis of what is a simple game is embarrassing. I know, it's just a symptom of the 'squeeze every last drop out of it' culture we have in modern times, but my god, it's so tedious, so boring and all so unnecessary. I know, column inches need filling and 24 hour sports TV coverage needs a lot of filler, but talk about flogging a dead horse. Also, I know, pundits, commentators etc need to feel and sound important, but the endless moronic droning is overkill.

Mind you, the game and the circus around it is just mirroring the world around us. Everything's overblown, overhyped and overplayed. A plastic imitation of something that used to be real. The game has turned into Katie Price. Pumped up, full of hot air and filler. Trying to be something it's not, and looking rather tragic and sad because of it.

Great post! Well said.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: April 29, 2021, 12:22:16 am »
I lost interest in football a long time ago. Only ever watch our games and even that is just every now and then. Couldn't even tell you who Utd, City or Chelsea are playing this weekend, got better things to worry about.

What fucked me off was the whole City/UEFA/FFP thing. Only in football can you cheat your way to winning everything, get caught for dodgy dealings then get away with it via a ridiculous loophole. Oh and then the club you took to court reaches the semi-final of your most prestigious tournament, what a pile of shite.

VAR and referees have completely killed the game as well. Doesn't matter how well a team plays or what they achieve. The headlines will always be taken by a corrupt ref or shitty VAR system with it's over-analysing of everything and a bunch of refs sitting behind a screen without a clue.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1211 on: April 29, 2021, 08:55:38 am »

spion, i enjoy all the stats mate - and imagine if we had the king's stats for all the assists that weren't covered by a once a week one-hour programme on late on a saturday night

as much as the forensic dissection of football can be unnecessary and overwhelming - what there once was was pitiful and uncaring about the sport we love

and also imagine if we had tv/video coverage of ALL the goals scored by the legends and legendary matches where the stories have been handed down by family to family and friends to friends and fans to fans - imagine all the saints games, all the derbies

but no because the money wasn't there because the interest wasn't there because they didn't care enough about our game

and when the odd game was on live either midweek or on a sunday then all the public would do is to moan 'oh not the football on telly again' - well look at us now!

yes we've had to lay with the devil but unfortunately who else is going to fund it? nobody cared back in the day

i'm just highlighting the access we have to footy these days and not addressing var and shitty refs because trust me there's always been poor refs and shitty decisions it's not a new thing - the terraces regularly sang 'the referee's a wanker' and 'who's the bastard in the black'

and yeh i know you older guys are just harking back to a more romantic time but i think possibly that's it - your dads's most probably said to you 'how much is he being paid?' or 'call that football?' or 'they used to play with a real ball when i was a lad' or 'white boots? is he a p**f?'

it's deffo a generational thing and you are definitely mourning the passing of your generation's version of football and i can i understand that and sympathise with it

do i love football? i'd say not as much as i used to - but do i love my club? just as much as i always did

football may change - but my loyalty will remain
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1212 on: April 29, 2021, 09:20:28 am »
A collection of a lot of things, but genuinely can't wait for this season to be behind us. I'm sure our form comes into it somewhat as well, but not being able to attend, no fans in grounds, VAR, the bad luck we've had at times, the slow build we made up until March 2020 with Klopp only for the pandemic to stifle much of the gains we had made and potentially send us back into the pack. The ridiculous injuries to our centre halves and the debilitating bad fortune week in and week out. The team going from great to awful during a nationwide lockdown with little to look forward to bar the actual football. I'm not sure I'm entirely done, but it's been a long, long slog of a season. Made worse by smatterings of hope at times immediately stamped on a week or two later. Winning three in a row and then drawing to Leeds and Newcastle another one of those - but I appreciate that is a part of football in any 'normal' time as well. But it is compounding of everything else I guess.

Like others have mentioned, I started going to non league at the start of the season as a way to get my football fix as I couldn't attend Liverpool games. I picked the team my boss is chairman of locally and one that a few people I know play for in the same division. Only about 12 miles apart. Depending on when Liverpool were playing at the weekend, I would choose to go home or away as they play alternately most weeks. If we were on at 12:30pm or 5:30pm on a Saturday I'd go the home game so I could get back in time, if we were playing Friday/Sunday/Monday or Saturday 8pm, I'd take a trip to the away game to see somewhere new and record it on Groundhopper. A new league to follow, no VAR, pint in your hand whilst watching the match, no need to worry about sorting tickets weeks in advance, can decide last minute if you want to go, can hear the shouts of the players and the officials on the pitch itself. Realistically the one thing it is missing is that mass of people at a pub for an away game/end with songs, banners and flags, you won't get that itch scratched, but it does for everything else. Absolutely can't wait for it to come back and was gutted when it was pulled.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: April 29, 2021, 09:38:12 am »
Like others have mentioned, I started going to non league at the start of the season as a way to get my football fix as I couldn't attend Liverpool games. I picked the team my boss is chairman of locally and one that a few people I know play for in the same division. Only about 12 miles apart. Depending on when Liverpool were playing at the weekend, I would choose to go home or away as they play alternately most weeks. If we were on at 12:30pm or 5:30pm on a Saturday I'd go the home game so I could get back in time, if we were playing Friday/Sunday/Monday or Saturday 8pm, I'd take a trip to the away game to see somewhere new and record it on Groundhopper. A new league to follow, no VAR, pint in your hand whilst watching the match, no need to worry about sorting tickets weeks in advance, can decide last minute if you want to go, can hear the shouts of the players and the officials on the pitch itself. Realistically the one thing it is missing is that mass of people at a pub for an away game/end with songs, banners and flags, you won't get that itch scratched, but it does for everything else. Absolutely can't wait for it to come back and was gutted when it was pulled.

I think non league football will grow in popularity next season as well with decent crowds.

Partly due to dissatisfaction with the PL and the monstrosity of VAR, but also any ongoing Covid restrictions. I'd imagine it'll still be a hassle to go to PL grounds at the start of next season at least (the Euros final at Wembley will be far from full even in July).

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1214 on: April 29, 2021, 09:57:11 am »
I think non league football will grow in popularity next season as well with decent crowds.

Partly due to dissatisfaction with the PL and the monstrosity of VAR, but also any ongoing Covid restrictions. I'd imagine it'll still be a hassle to go to PL grounds at the start of next season at least (the Euros final at Wembley will be far from full even in July).

Yeah I saw a stat shared on Twitter that showed at the start of last season average attendances were up 10-50% at most of the non league teams near me.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1215 on: April 29, 2021, 10:37:19 am »
Who's going to win the title this season? City.

Who's going to win the title next season? City.

Ditto for Bayern in Germany, PSG in France.

And, bar the odd season, Juve in Italy. Real/Barca in Spain.

The essence of sports is competition and not knowing what's going to happen.

But competition and not knowing what's going to happen = risk. And people who have lots of money don't like competition, and they don't like risk. Why would they? 

Monopoly makes money, not competition. And monopolists can use their money to get rid of the competition, and eliminate the risk. That's their SOP. And surprise - the people who run the game agreed. So they handed the sport over to the monopolists, on a silver platter.

Top level football is not a sport. It's a board game.

But hey, let's pretend it's all fair play and sporting. I know, let's introduce VAR. Yes, that's it.

And then, if that doesn't work, we can try something else. Like adding more teams to the tournaments, and playing more matches. Yes, yes, that will make it all seem fairer. And more substitutes - how about more substitutions? Yes, yes!

And then, what about getting rid of the offside rule? Yes, yes!  And then, and then, uh, maybe we can do something else. How about making the balls lighter? Yes, yes good idea. They did that at Wimbledon!

Ooh, I have an idea, let's put more former players on televisio!. The fans remember them and like them a lot, so they'll believe what they say. Yes, yes, great idea!

This is good, this is good. Keep the ideas coming. We can't let the dumb masses realize that      .      .     .

« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:43:03 am by FLRed67 »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2021, 10:45:08 am »
Who's going to win the title this season? City.

Who's going to win the title next season? City.

Ditto for Bayern in Germany, PSG in France.

And, bar the odd season, Juve in Italy. Real/Barca in Spain.

The essence of sports is competition and not knowing what's going to happen.

But competition and not knowing what's going to happen = risk. And people who have lots of money don't like competition, and they don't like risk. Why would they? 

Monopoly makes money, not competition. And monopolists can use their money to get rid of the competition, and eliminate the risk. That's their SOP. And surprise - the people who run the game agreed. So they handed the sport over to the monopolists, on a silver platter.

Top level football is not a sport. It's a board game.

But hey, let's pretend it's all fair play and sporting. I know, let's introduce VAR. Yes, that's it.

And then, if that doesn't work, we can try something else. Like adding more teams to the tournaments, and playing more matches. Yes, yes, that will make it all seem fairer. And more substitutes - how about more substitutions? Yes, yes.

And then, what about getting rid of the offside rule? Yes, yes!  And then, and then, uh, maybe we can do something else. How about making the balls lighter? Yes, yes good idea. They did that at Wimbledon.

Ooh, I have an idea, let's put more former players on television. The fans remember them and like them a lot, so they'll believe anything they say. Yes, yes, great idea!

This is good, this is good. Keep the ideas coming. We can't let the dumb masses realize that      .      .     .

The murmurs of discontent and the worry of whether City were actually good for the game finally began in earnest once they swatted Watford 6-0 in the FA Cup final of 2019. Fortunately for us, but unfortunately for the wider narrative, we won the Champions League two weeks later to take the heat off, and then the league itself a year after that. Breaking their dominance for a period of time at least.

Without Liverpool knocking them out in 2018 they could have already won a European Cup and without us they almost certainly make it 4 Premier League's in a row at the end of this season. That's before we get onto the domestic trophies that keep piling in.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1217 on: April 29, 2021, 11:44:54 am »
I caught a clip of Gary Neville talking after the Caramel Cup and he went on another high pitched rant about the ESL being a disgusting money making endeavour which will end competitive competition (quite rightly so). But then he switched seemlessly to saying he's not against money in football, that it's great that a team like Newcastle could be taken over by a (no doubt morally corrupt) billionaire and win the league, then eulogised at what a wonderful team City (literally bought by obscene wealth) are and how Guardiola (manager of the three richest teams in each country) is the greatest manager ever.

And I just thought, whats the fucking point in all of this. The actual physical game of football has very little to do with football any more.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: April 29, 2021, 12:25:24 pm »
I caught a clip of Gary Neville talking after the Caramel Cup and he went on another high pitched rant about the ESL being a disgusting money making endeavour which will end competitive competition (quite rightly so). But then he switched seemlessly to saying he's not against money in football, that it's great that a team like Newcastle could be taken over by a (no doubt morally corrupt) billionaire and win the league, then eulogised at what a wonderful team City (literally bought by obscene wealth) are and how Guardiola (manager of the three richest teams in each country) is the greatest manager ever.

And I just thought, whats the fucking point in all of this. The actual physical game of football has very little to do with football any more.

At some point we should just do away with the blokes kicking a ball and just have the billionaires line up and measure their members, smallest wins. Practically how it works now anyways.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1219 on: April 29, 2021, 12:30:39 pm »

rat neville was is and always will be a twat

the amount of our fans saying we MUST get behind him makes me sick

ANYONE can call out the greediness of the ESL - ANYONE can see that - he is not some soothsaying genius

lest we forget how he hated and still hates our club our fans and our history - the twat

pop baldiolla - give ME an endless amount of money to buy the world's best players and then let ME play them against 19 teams - okay more like 16 teams - who cannot afford to match the wages that I'LL offer those morally bankrupt mercenaries and I'LL win the fucking league

as many have said before me - wage capping is the only way forward and some sort of money capping too with maybe MORALS attached to buying clubs like human right violations etc

maybe a breakaway english league is the way to go

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: April 29, 2021, 01:46:12 pm »

I was saying this while the SL shitstorm was going on and that wanker Neville was being defended on here.

He's only defending City because he wants Salford free to buy their way up the leagues.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: April 29, 2021, 01:49:27 pm »
rat neville was is and always will be a twat

the amount of our fans saying we MUST get behind him makes me sick

ANYONE can call out the greediness of the ESL - ANYONE can see that - he is not some soothsaying genius

lest we forget how he hated and still hates our club our fans and our history - the twat

pop baldiolla - give ME an endless amount of money to buy the world's best players and then let ME play them against 19 teams - okay more like 16 teams - who cannot afford to match the wages that I'LL offer those morally bankrupt mercenaries and I'LL win the fucking league

as many have said before me - wage capping is the only way forward and some sort of money capping too with maybe MORALS attached to buying clubs like human right violations etc

maybe a breakaway english league is the way to go

Breakaway British League. With Rangers and Celtic.

And down the line, invite Ajax and PSV. They would say yes in a heartbeat.  ;)

Every crisis is an opportunity.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: April 29, 2021, 02:38:19 pm »
I've given up watching football, couldn't name the england first XI if you put a gun to my head. It's been so bad I haven't even seen any of the footage from our last two games.

didnt watch any of the CL semis, yet I've been able to bet about twenty times this year on Man City winning games without ever watching them play this year. It's become like F1, a lot of hype, no real sporting excitement and won by the same teams every year.

Online Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: April 29, 2021, 02:49:23 pm »
Fan culture is also on it's arse because of Social Media.

It's now a game to see who can either be the most controversial, the most hateful towards rivals or the most over the top to get those sweet meaningless likes.

Would love to see the reaction on The Kop to a gang of spotty 16 year old kids going round with photos of our players with red crosses drawn over their faces because it's cool to hate your own.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1224 on: April 29, 2021, 02:57:16 pm »

so true, that’s why i  can’t stand Guardiola’s football and in turn the football the likes of tuchel will bring to the premier league too, and don’t follow the thinking the media and loads of fans have that it’s great to watch.  It’s sterile to me. Football isn’t meant to be perfect, but more and more coaches want to make it robotic.   That’s why I always loved Klopp’s teams in germany (and then of course here in the PL) - there was chaos there, not to say he isn’t a meticulous coach, he is, but he always got that the element of chaos was equally important.  It’s how football should be for me.

Football gets duller and duller as the coaching gets more obsessed with creating set patters for every single move within a game. It’s why I hate sports like American football, cos it all seems to be about set plays all meticulously drawn up.

So yeah, football these days is a bit rubbish often as not for many reasons, and that above is a big one for me in this league.

Equally is the media that covers the premier league, be it on tv, press, social media, so much of it seems to be banter driven, and it’s tedious, and also pretty hateful a lot of the time.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: April 29, 2021, 03:43:07 pm »
so true, that’s why i  can’t stand Guardiola’s football and in turn the football the likes of tuchel will bring to the premier league too, and don’t follow the thinking the media and loads of fans have that it’s great to watch.  It’s sterile to me. Football isn’t meant to be perfect, but more and more coaches want to make it robotic.   That’s why I always loved Klopp’s teams in germany (and then of course here in the PL) - there was chaos there, not to say he isn’t a meticulous coach, he is, but he always got that the element of chaos was equally important.  It’s how football should be for me.

Football gets duller and duller as the coaching gets more obsessed with creating set patters for every single move within a game. It’s why I hate sports like American football, cos it all seems to be about set plays all meticulously drawn up.

So yeah, football these days is a bit rubbish often as not for many reasons, and that above is a big one for me in this league.

Equally is the media that covers the premier league, be it on tv, press, social media, so much of it seems to be banter driven, and it’s tedious, and also pretty hateful a lot of the time.

Which is also the consequence of VAR.

We're a year away from automated offsides ffs (which is hailed as being a gamechanger to make VAR work but will still take a bit of time). Football is meant to be a simple game.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1226 on: April 29, 2021, 05:27:42 pm »
Yes, I'm enjoying it immensely.

I'm a masochist  ::)

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1227 on: April 29, 2021, 06:33:32 pm »
It's now rightfully up there with Hodgson's season and Brendan's last full one.

Not felt this low as a Liverpool fan since the H&G days.

If crowds aren't let back in fully next season, then I can only see it being much of the same.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: April 29, 2021, 06:52:08 pm »

If crowds aren't let back in fully next season, then I can only see it being much of the same.

No chance.

This season coming on the back of winning the league finally and of winning the CL means there is so much scope for troubles that we’d probably have to be relegated for it to stir much in me  ;D  There can be no comparison, and now things can even be split to pre and post covid.  The misery of this season is more to do with losing so many players early on, the lack of fans, the tough time our boss has had of it personally, the stupid super league bull shit, the VAR ridiculousness being a constant issue, and of course surrounded by a pandemic that was still and is still very much an ongoing issue.   Not just cos we where a bit rubbish. The 3 seasons prior to this have excised so many demons, I find it hard to be upset at Liverpool.

It isn’t Liverpool that stops me enjoying football, it’s the bullshit around it, and that is nothing new for me anyway, not enjoyed the premier league for years.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1229 on: April 29, 2021, 07:14:19 pm »
No chance.

This season coming on the back of winning the league finally and of winning the CL means there is so much scope for troubles that we’d probably have to be relegated for it to stir much in me  ;D  There can be no comparison, and now things can even be split to pre and post covid.  The misery of this season is more to do with losing so many players early on, the lack of fans, the tough time our boss has had of it personally, the stupid super league bull shit, the VAR ridiculousness being a constant issue, and of course surrounded by a pandemic that was still and is still very much an ongoing issue.   Not just cos we where a bit rubbish. The 3 seasons prior to this have excised so many demons, I find it hard to be upset at Liverpool.

It isn’t Liverpool that stops me enjoying football, it’s the bullshit around it, and that is nothing new for me anyway, not enjoyed the premier league for years.

Fair enough, that's how you feel.   But it's BECAUSE of how good 2018-20 was that makes this seem worse.   It's such a massive drop off.  And it isn't guaranteed that it's only a one-off.  That's the thing that makes it miserable.  One or two or three things going wrong, we could brush it off as a temporary blip.  But I'm just afraid that we've been knocked so far off our axis that we're going to struggle to get back.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1230 on: April 29, 2021, 07:15:28 pm »
I've enjoyed it, like I enjoy filing a flat on the end of me bellend, with a rusty blunt rasp.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: April 29, 2021, 07:23:00 pm »

Fair enough, that's how you feel.   But it's BECAUSE of how good 2018-20 was that makes this seem worse.   It's such a massive drop off.  And it isn't guaranteed that it's only a one-off.  That's the thing that makes it miserable.  One or two or three things going wrong, we could brush it off as a temporary blip.  But I'm just afraid that we've been knocked so far off our axis that we're going to struggle to get back.

Oh I don’t actually think this is a blip in the sense all will be well next season. Too much has happened, too many players have fallen off a cliff in terms of form, a few too many questions about the desire of some as well,the fact the boss doesn't feel able to trust a number of players is hugely concerning too,  too much bloat in the squad that will be difficult to shift, and it’s tough to make too many changes quickly to a team to get back on track immediately.

But honestly, for me personally, I have got to such a stage with football in this league, that it’s easily avoided. Yes, of course I want Liverpool to be in a healthy state as a club and hopefully with that, get some success, but it isn’t all consuming. After the last few years i like most I am sure though this team had in them 2 or 3 more very good seasons, so in that sense it’s troubling I am sure for the people in charge especially that this now doesn’t look to be the case, some of that because of the effects of a pandemic which seems to have stolen a year from their careers in a way. But still, many questions they will be pondering.

I do of course get why it’d not be the same feeling for others!

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1232 on: April 29, 2021, 07:30:49 pm »
Another thing that pisses me off in today's game is the lack of fun, it's all so po faced and serious. Most players, Managers (not Klopp though!) and pundits take it too seriously, win at all cost attitude. It's rubs off on the fans, a defeat feels like the end of the World for some as does a rival team winning something.

The game is awash with massive stars now, but few, if no characters...all the fun and light hearted stuff seems to have been slowly drained away from footy. I know this season is nothing to exactly laugh about with the Covid stuff and our poor form, but even prior to that, the game in general just needs to chill a bit, it's like a hate /stress fest out there at times.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: April 29, 2021, 07:36:20 pm »
There is a lack of magic in the players these days aswell. They are all like robots and would rather play it safe than try the unpredictable. Everything has to be inch perfect.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: April 29, 2021, 08:08:42 pm »

At least it was only half a season with Hodgson - which included the high of getting shut of the owners - and then it was enjoyable for that few months after Kenny took over.

Rodgers's last season was really grim as well; we were even worse that season, but at least there was no VAR.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1235 on: April 29, 2021, 08:44:55 pm »

The Roy season dont remind me !

I agree this season is rubbish for a number of reasons.

I cant see full crowds at start of the season and I agree it will be another City borefest they will romp it more as they will get a pre season and games wont be squashed in.

We will be playing to get in top 4 next season.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1236 on: April 29, 2021, 09:03:05 pm »
I've enjoyed it, like I enjoy filing a flat on the end of me bellend, with a rusty blunt rasp.

PM’d you.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1237 on: April 29, 2021, 11:20:57 pm »
Both Manchester teams on course to win the CL and EL and with them finishing 1st and 2nd in the PL, I'd say it's been a pretty crap season......

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1238 on: April 30, 2021, 12:41:58 am »
I just want to get into Lime Street at about 11, quick one in the Spoons there finishing reading my 'The Week' magazine, walk up to the Flat Iron or the King Harry for the 12.30 game, Homebaked at half 2 and then after the game a couple in the Stanley before walking back down over the brow to the Central or Newington before heading home. I'm not all that bothered if we win, lose or draw any more, I just want my matchday back.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: April 30, 2021, 03:55:31 am »
Worst season in a long, long time for a multitude of reasons.

I stopped watching over a month ago, thankfully.

The only thing that takes the sting out of it are the few years we had leading up to this absolute twat of a season.

We go again.