Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 41849 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: Rick and Morty
« Reply #40 on: July 7, 2017, 10:42:56 am »
I didn't realise there was a thread on here. The wait since April Fools has been gruelling. Can't wait for the full release. Please tell me it's soon.

End of this month apparently.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #41 on: July 7, 2017, 12:09:51 pm »
I'm about 14 episodes into Gravity Falls.

I can't say it's quite the same level as Rick and Morty. Or Adventure Time for that matter. Does it pick up?
I'd not be concerned about the remaining episodes of G-F if I was you. I would though be off to doctors and enquiring about my well being...I'd tell the doctor that I think I'm dead inside...that's the only explanation I can see for someone not loving G-F from the get go...that or they're a Nazi.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #42 on: July 7, 2017, 12:12:57 pm »
I'd not be concerned about the remaining episodes of G-F if I was you. I would though be off to doctors and enquiring about my well being...I'd tell the doctor that I think I'm dead inside...that's the only explanation I can see for someone not loving G-F from the get go...that or they're a Nazi.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 7, 2017, 12:17:54 pm »
Haha you tell em Dave, you're not wrong ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 7, 2017, 12:20:21 pm »
Episode 2 is entitled: Rickmancing the Stone.

Fuck nose what it'll be about ;D ;D ;D

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 7, 2017, 01:06:06 pm »
I didn't realise there was a thread on here. The wait since April Fools has been gruelling. Can't wait for the full release. Please tell me it's soon.

July 30th
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 7, 2017, 01:14:42 pm »
Is there a release schedule post episode 2? It's not up on IMDB. I hope to fucking God we're not going to be drip fed the series one at a time. Don't think I could take it!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #47 on: July 7, 2017, 01:23:44 pm »
Is there a release schedule post episode 2? It's not up on IMDB. I hope to fucking God we're not going to be drip fed the series one at a time. Don't think I could take it!
On my planner it's on the 31st of the month.

23 days, 15 hours, 5 minutes.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 7, 2017, 03:27:02 pm »
End of this month apparently.

Thank you mate. 30 July it is then, just as I'm away on holiday! Ah well, that'll be nice to have to deal with coming home!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #49 on: July 7, 2017, 07:11:20 pm »
Jack asked me about this cartoon this morning. Looks like he will have to wait a few years before he can watch. Ill check it out though.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #50 on: July 7, 2017, 08:19:01 pm »
Episode 2 is entitled: Rickmancing the Stone.

Fuck nose what it'll be about ;D ;D ;D

Reminds me of Alan Partridge where all the titles would be random films with Alan put in them wherever they could.

"A bridge over troubled Alan"
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #51 on: July 8, 2017, 03:49:55 pm »

haha ;D

I binged the rest of it today. It finishes incredibly strongly. The second season is sensational. It does heart very well, which is something I sometimes wish Rick and Morty had more of. I think in season one, there was a lot of focus on Lil Gideon, whom I didn't love very much as a character.

I feel genuinely sad that it's over, which is not something I often feel when I finish a show, and that says a lot.

I'm torn about whether I want to see more of it. It's well and truly finished, as far as the major arc of the story goes, but at the same time there's a lot more they could do with monster of the week type episodes and these characters.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #52 on: July 9, 2017, 12:02:08 pm »
haha ;D

I binged the rest of it today. It finishes incredibly strongly. The second season is sensational. It does heart very well, which is something I sometimes wish Rick and Morty had more of. I think in season one, there was a lot of focus on Lil Gideon, whom I didn't love very much as a character.

I feel genuinely sad that it's over, which is not something I often feel when I finish a show, and that says a lot.

I'm torn about whether I want to see more of it. It's well and truly finished, as far as the major arc of the story goes, but at the same time there's a lot more they could do with monster of the week type episodes and these characters.
;)

Glad you enjoyed it. It does have a lot of heart and that's one of the reason I and others love it so much. As to a return...I know Hirsch has said it's possible....hopefully away from DXD this time. I'm looking forward to seeing how his writing on Detective Pikachu works out.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 9, 2017, 01:29:38 pm »
;)

Glad you enjoyed it. It does have a lot of heart and that's one of the reason I and others love it so much. As to a return...I know Hirsch has said it's possible....hopefully away from DXD this time. I'm looking forward to seeing how his writing on Detective Pikachu works out.

I'd love Detective Pikachu to be good.

It's such an incredible time for American cartoons. Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, Bojack Horseman and Gravity Falls were all on around the same time. Then there's also Archer, which has been fairly consistent for a while.

What else is out there? I heard good things about Regular Show but found it a bit zany for my tastes in the first episode. Then there's Steven Universe and Bob's Burgers, neither of which I've seen.

I'm looking forward to the next shows of Alex Hirsch and Pendleton Ward. Hopefully they didn't just have one great story each to tell.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2017, 05:22:05 pm »
I'd love Detective Pikachu to be good.

It's such an incredible time for American cartoons. Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, Bojack Horseman and Gravity Falls were all on around the same time. Then there's also Archer, which has been fairly consistent for a while.

What else is out there? I heard good things about Regular Show but found it a bit zany for my tastes in the first episode. Then there's Steven Universe and Bob's Burgers, neither of which I've seen.

I'm looking forward to the next shows of Alex Hirsch and Pendleton Ward. Hopefully they didn't just have one great story each to tell.
Castlevania Season 1 is now out on Netflix...I've yet to see any of it yet though.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2017, 05:06:53 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ornXZGEFcds" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ornXZGEFcds</a>
:D

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2017, 03:16:24 am »
Castlevania Season 1 is now out on Netflix...I've yet to see any of it yet though.

I saw the first episode and a bit.

Rather bad, to say the least.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2017, 10:14:24 am »
Less than a fortnight now :) 8) :wave

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 01:21:36 pm »
Started watching this on the weekend, half way through the 2nd season now and have to say it's probably up their with my favourite animated shows of all time.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 01:32:23 pm by SandyShore »

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 09:27:03 pm »
Started watching this on the weekend, half way through the 2nd season now and have to say it's probably up their with my favourite animated shows of all time.
Yeah it's bloody great.

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2017, 11:00:52 pm »
Wubba dubba dub dub!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2017, 02:49:23 pm »
;D

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2017, 05:26:21 pm »
So is it episode 2 that's airing in america tonight or just a rerun of the 1st episode?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2017, 08:43:54 pm »
fucking hyped
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2017, 11:05:39 pm »
Saw S3 was out on UK Netflix and shit my pants..

Turned out to just be ep1

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2017, 11:30:40 pm »
So is it episode 2 that's airing in america tonight or just a rerun of the 1st episode?
Episode two, which if ive read it right will be on netflix tomorrow as well.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2017, 09:43:51 am »
Quality

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2017, 12:03:08 pm »
I watched 2 episodes of season 2 this morning (I've been drip feeding myself).

I loved Total Rickall. I think it's my favourite episode so far, although I did really enjoy Get Schwifty too though.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2017, 12:20:31 pm »
yeah Total Rickall is my fave Rick and Morty episode

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2017, 12:24:54 pm »
Shit on the floor, it's time to get swifty in here ;D ;D ;D

Can't wait for new R&M later :)

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2017, 10:24:09 pm »
My kid told me it was on Netflix now. It is not. He is a fucking liar.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2017, 10:28:47 pm »
My kid told me it was on Netflix now. It is not. He is a fucking liar.

Looking at there Twitter page Netflix for some reason are putting the new episodes up on Saturdays!
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline CAPS LOCK

• Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: August 1, 2017, 07:03:22 pm »
Season 3 episode 2 was a bit of a let down huh?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 1, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
Season 3 episode 2 was a bit of a let down huh?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
That your opinion? Or is that just based off the lack of reaction on this thread?

This show definitely doesn't appeal to many on here. Either way, thought it was great.

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #76 on: August 1, 2017, 09:13:42 pm »
Why is it not on Netflix yet?
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #77 on: August 2, 2017, 09:55:33 am »
The Mad Max:Fury Road homage alone made it great. Rick was Rick, Morty was Morty and Summer 'stepping up' made it even better.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #78 on: August 2, 2017, 10:01:27 am »
I saw a video about the philosophy of this show and was totally intrigued.

Started it two days ago and devoured the first season especially since the mix of humour and wit is great. I hope the next of it is just as good.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: August 3, 2017, 05:21:20 am »
Episode two was sensational.

The stuff with Jerry was the highlight.