Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 337169 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #4840 on: August 7, 2022, 02:34:30 pm »
I love a roast dinner, but cook one in midweek now when i have more time to make one, i cook the veg first, leave the veg in the pan with the water in, the water makes the gravy [although i use gravy granules, oh & Aunt Bessie's roast potatoes], i heat the veg when i'm ready to have my dinner.

The meat is the main issue, taking at least a couple of hours to roast

After my Ma making a roast every sunday without fail when I was growing up I got sick to death of them ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #4841 on: August 7, 2022, 02:39:44 pm »
Never get sick of a roast dinner.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4842 on: August 7, 2022, 03:11:49 pm »

It was nice after all 😁

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4843 on: August 7, 2022, 03:23:51 pm »

One every 2 or 3 years does me now.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4844 on: August 7, 2022, 06:58:04 pm »
sunday is for curries fight me

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4845 on: August 7, 2022, 07:09:59 pm »
sunday is for curries fight me

We go for a Chinese takeaway most Sundays, but sometimes I'll make curry if in the mood for it.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4846 on: August 8, 2022, 11:58:49 am »
I'm guessing you cook a huge joint then cos I've just cooked a 2kg chicken in just over an hour?

Meat is generally quick to cook if it's a small joint suitable for 2 people.

I tend to buy joints around 1kg in weight, i often buy basted chicken brest too.

This is so that i can get a couple of meals, & a couple of butties out of of the meat, being single & living alone means, so when i do a roast, i then with the leftover meat, i either do a curry, or stir fry, for the next day. :lickin

#Sausages

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4847 on: August 8, 2022, 12:48:51 pm »
I tend to buy joints around 1kg in weight, i often buy basted chicken brest too.

This is so that i can get a couple of meals, & a couple of butties out of of the meat, being single & living alone means, so when i do a roast, i then with the leftover meat, i either do a curry, or stir fry, for the next day. :lickin

It should be taking that long then unless you like your meat cremated.  Any joint or poultry is normally 20-30mins per kilo plus 20-30mins cooking time so no more than 40-60mins plus resting time.

I agree totally though in getting more than one meal out of it.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4848 on: August 8, 2022, 01:31:00 pm »
It should be taking that long then unless you like your meat cremated.  Any joint or poultry is normally 20-30mins per kilo plus 20-30mins cooking time so no more than 40-60mins plus resting time.

I agree totally though in getting more than one meal out of it.

The meat i tend to cook is a pork joint, which has to be cooked thoroughly & is this one https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/the-butchers-market-crackling-pork-loin-joint-1.05kg/60412.html#srule=product-name-a-to-z&start=1&sz=25

& this is the instructions.

Pre-heat oven: Fan 180ºC / Gas 6. For conventional electric ovens adjust time and temperature to suit.

Remove outer packaging.

Place into a baking tray and cover loosely with foil.

Cook near the middle of the oven for 2 hours 25-30 minutes.1 hour into cooking time, remove foil, return to oven for 1 hour and 25-30 minutes.

Stand for 10 minutes before carving.

#Sausages

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4849 on: August 8, 2022, 04:32:41 pm »
The meat i tend to cook is a pork joint, which has to be cooked thoroughly & is this one https://www.iceland.co.uk/p/the-butchers-market-crackling-pork-loin-joint-1.05kg/60412.html#srule=product-name-a-to-z&start=1&sz=25

& this is the instructions.

Pre-heat oven: Fan 180ºC / Gas 6. For conventional electric ovens adjust time and temperature to suit.

Remove outer packaging.

Place into a baking tray and cover loosely with foil.

Cook near the middle of the oven for 2 hours 25-30 minutes.1 hour into cooking time, remove foil, return to oven for 1 hour and 25-30 minutes.

Stand for 10 minutes before carving.

:o I'll time mine next time I do a pork joint but that seems a hell of a long time mate.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4850 on: August 9, 2022, 12:27:23 pm »
UK braced for drought conditions to last until October

Lack of rain could have dire consequences for farming and crop harvesting

The UK is braced for drought conditions until October, with rivers forecast to be low and exceptionally low in central and southern England, according to the UK Centre of Ecology and Hydrology.

This could have dire consequences for farming, as soil in much of the country is too dry to drill, and many crops for harvest next year and the end of this year need to be drilled by the end of October to be viable.

South-east England has had 144 days with little or no rain since January, which is the longest dry period since the 1970s, according to Met Office figures.

This comes as Minette Batters, the head of the National Farmers’ Union, called in the Guardian today for the Conservative leadership candidates to outline urgent water plans. The issue of running out of water has been barely addressed during the contest.

Modelling from UKCEH with data from the Met Office shows we need above average rainfall to get rivers in much of the country back to normal levels. The rain we are forecast to get is likely to hit in the north-west, where rivers are faring better, with the south-east remaining drier.

Catherine Sefton, hydrologist at UKCEH, said: “Whilst it is not unusual to have periods of low rainfall, we have seen an extended period of below average rainfall, particularly in the south-east of England where it was the third driest November to July on record (from 1836). Far from being relieved, the dry conditions intensified in July, with less than 10% of the usual July rainfall recorded across much of the south-east of England (Anglian, Thames and Southern regions each saw their driest July on record, from 1836). The situation has continued into August, with south-east England receiving no rainfall so far this month.”

These dry conditions are set to continue. The report states: “July received below-average rainfall for almost all of the UK, with the exception of the far north of Scotland. Areas of southern and eastern England saw less than 10% of the average July rainfall, and for England as a whole it was the driest since 1935.

“The temperature outlook for August and August – October … shows an increased likelihood of warmer than normal conditions, with an increased likelihood of heatwaves. The precipitation outlook for the same periods suggest that while average rainfall is forecasted, it is likely there will be a contrast between a wetter north-west and a drier south-east of the country.”

Things are looking up for the north-west, with rivers potentially returning to normal flows around October, but the report says: “It is likely flows will remain exceptionally low in central, southern and eastern England over the three month period.”

For parts of southern England, above average rainfall would be needed consistently every month until November in order to combat dry conditions. This currently looks unlikely, though long range forecasts are subject to change.

Wildlife are under threat due to the low river forecast conditions, according to the Rivers Trust, and rivers could face irreversible damage.

A spokesperson told the Guardian: “The exceptionally low river flows forecast for much of England mean that there will be additional stress on the wildlife in our rivers. It is critical that flows are managed above the ‘hands off’ levels.

“We could see irreversible damage to some rivers if flows dry up or stagnate, especially in our precious chalk streams which are not adapted to cope with these wide fluctuations. Our chalk streams have evolved to their current levels of unique biodiversity over millennia. They cannot fast-track evolution to deal with the climate crisis and our over-abstraction, so we are going to have to adapt quickly to give them a chance.”

This week, the weather will remain hot, with temperatures hitting the mid to high 30s in southern parts of the country.

The UK Health Security Agency has issued the second heat health alert of the summer, which came into effect on Monday, and will last until the weekend. People have been advised to avoid the sun from 11am to 3pm and to stay hydrated.

Fires could break out across the country again by the weekend, as the Met Office said its fire severity index will reach “exceptional” for southern parts of the country.

Tony Wardle, the Met Office’s deputy chief meteorologist, said: “Heatwave criteria look likely to be met for large areas of the UK later this week, with the hottest areas expected in central and southern England and Wales on Friday and Saturday.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/aug/09/uk-braced-for-drought-conditions-in-october

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4851 on: August 11, 2022, 12:29:29 pm »
About 25 degrees in Northern Ireland at the moment. A wildfire started right by where we were behind the beach yesterday. Can’t imagine that’s happened too often.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4852 on: August 11, 2022, 04:11:34 pm »
So a drought that could cause a crop shortage next year; prices rising; imports stuttering.

Looks like 2023 is going to be a fun year.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4853 on: August 11, 2022, 04:40:42 pm »
It's scorchio here but thankfully not windy so I can be outside all day under the parasol 🌞

Not looking forward to Saturday when we go to Colwyn Bay for Pete Tongs Ibiza classics. 

An outdoor venue and queuing to get in from 5pm, the last time I did that in August it was for Creamfields and I ended up in st Johns ambulance tent with heat stroke 🫠🤮😔

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4854 on: August 11, 2022, 06:48:36 pm »
So a drought that could cause a crop shortage next year; prices rising; imports stuttering.

Looks like 2023 is going to be a fun year.

Let's hope we win the league.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4855 on: August 11, 2022, 06:51:11 pm »
It's unbearable up here just now. It's just not right to have this hot weather for a week without a break up he in Abedeen, we're not build for it.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4856 on: August 11, 2022, 06:54:58 pm »
This is sooo nice. Think I might have to move somewhere warmer, just loving it!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4857 on: August 12, 2022, 08:30:52 pm »
Low 30s for four or five days straight in mid-August is amazing.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4858 on: August 12, 2022, 09:56:42 pm »
It's unbearable up here just now. It's just not right to have this hot weather for a week without a break up he in Abedeen, we're not build for it.

You'll have enjoyed today, then, with the haar
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4859 on: August 12, 2022, 11:09:37 pm »
If I wanted this kind of heat I'd have gone abroad.  :butt

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4860 on: August 13, 2022, 01:44:27 am »
You'll have enjoyed today, then, with the haar

Absolute bliss mate. I'd take todays weather every day of the year.

Offline Stubbins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4861 on: August 13, 2022, 11:44:30 am »
Absolute bliss mate. I'd take todays weather every day of the year.

Did the haar last all day in Aberdeen?

I had a day in Edinburgh yesterday and caught the train from Morpeth. All along the Northumberland coast and just over the border, it was clear blue, cloudless skies. However, as we came into Dunbar, you could hardly see anything for the mist and sea fret. Thankfully, it must have just hugged the coast because shortly after it cleared and it was fine & sunny all day in Edinburgh. Warm, without it being over bearingly hot.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4862 on: August 13, 2022, 03:03:38 pm »
Spent much of today drinking with Mr Sun

Tunes in

I can cope.

I dunno, climo change makes me sad for animals

This is alright mind.

Just don't think of our future

I am happier with the sunshine gaze - maybe in ten years that's suicidal

Shrug. Enjoying today.

Well....  In my dark way haha

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4863 on: August 15, 2022, 12:06:06 am »
Some lightning visible over Liverpool Bay at the moment. Still 70f at midnight though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4864 on: August 15, 2022, 06:57:32 am »
We have rain 🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4865 on: August 15, 2022, 12:14:49 pm »
Raining here in Liverpool too.

No sign of the torrential thunderstorms in the weather warning though. Maybe later...
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4866 on: August 15, 2022, 03:48:18 pm »
Fuck off Heatwave! much cooler today and more rain to come this week.

Happy Days!

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4867 on: August 15, 2022, 03:51:25 pm »
Thunderstorms all over Scotland last night. Apparently in Aberdeen but i must have slept right through it.  ;D

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4868 on: August 15, 2022, 04:42:48 pm »
Today's rain lasted all of three minutes;it's a bit cooler though so I won't complain too much.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4869 on: August 15, 2022, 04:44:56 pm »
Thunderstorms all over Scotland last night. Apparently in Aberdeen but i must have slept right through it.  ;D
I saw that on lightning maps last night. Much of Ireland and Scotland got it.

Currently there is nothing over Scotland but southern Ireland and Devon and Cornwall are getting it. Parts of Lincolnshire too.

I watched it over Liverpool Bay last night, but it never really came that close to us.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4870 on: August 16, 2022, 08:00:33 am »
I think I'll stop looking at the weather forecast.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4871 on: August 16, 2022, 09:07:50 am »
It's a beautifully fresh 14° and overcast here today so after the torrential rain we're expecting on Thursday I'm hoping the garden bursts back into life again 😁

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4872 on: August 16, 2022, 10:00:26 am »
First time I've seen rain for ages! A welcome sight!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4873 on: August 16, 2022, 10:24:51 am »

👍

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4874 on: August 16, 2022, 10:26:42 am »

I got caught in a mini downpour yesterday,it was lovely.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4875 on: August 16, 2022, 10:54:59 am »
I was still roasting yesterday in the flat. So much still air that I could vent the heat. Been up since 5 as it was too hot to sleep. Thankfully there's more of a breeze today, so managed to get the flat below 25C.

Pissed off about missing out on thunderstorms though!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4876 on: August 17, 2022, 03:23:17 pm »
It's hammering down. :scarf

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #4877 on: August 19, 2022, 08:49:44 pm »
Can feel the nights starting to draw in now, just gone 8.45pm & it's quite dark. :(
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4878 on: August 22, 2022, 12:15:26 pm »
We're sitting in a treehouse in Anglesey and it's pissing down outside.

Don't care though. It's lovely.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4879 on: August 22, 2022, 12:21:19 pm »
We're sitting in a treehouse in Anglesey and it's pissing down outside.

Don't care though. It's lovely.

Welcome to the Island mate 👋

It's only today, the rest of the week is going to be fine 👍