Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: London Hotels
« Last post by Peabee on Today at 01:03:54 pm »
Sound mate, thanks

Download the Citymapper app. It gives you the best routes and transport to take anywhere around London.
Media and Arts / Re: What was the last book you read?
« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 01:03:44 pm »
Very sad news. CJ Sansom has died.  His books got better and better, moving from crime novels to social commentary

Sadly missed.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Buster Gonad on Today at 01:03:12 pm »
So the feeling is he's staying?  I can see the media creating a shitshow about him all summer unless he kills it with a statement.
Think people forget he has only just turned 21 he has time on his side to get better and stronger.

He is the future of this club whether people agree or not is up to them.

Even if he isn’t playing well he is always pressing and trying yes he is a kid but you don’t get that impression with some senior players going through the motions.

I think the problem is that we have a number of absolute super star 21-ish (or younger) attacking midfielders around right now in Europe - and if you compare Elliot with them, he comes up way short.  But thats not normal - and yet we behave like it is.  The following players are all his age group (i.e turned 21 this season), or younger - Pedri, Musialla, Wirtz, Bellingham, Gavi, Camavinga, Xavi Simons, Zaire-Emery.  Thats an *insane* list of young midfielders, so it should not be a criticism to say that Elliot is not as good as any of them (Zaire-Emery may not be "better", but he has performed no worse, and he only turned 18 last month!).

Buster. You're pulling unrelated contextual comments from an aggregated 90Mins article (that I posted because the original Times article is behind a paywall) to disprove a source report from one of the most reliable Liverpool journos. Either because you haven't bothered to read the link for more than a few seconds or you're simply too dim to know the difference between the two. Does it really matter?

Keep firing out the insults if it makes you feel superior. You left a link to an untruthful misleading article. Own it. We all make mistakes.
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Last post by Peabee on Today at 12:59:01 pm »
Doing some interviews today for a role in my team, someone booked 3 interviews back to back from 12 - 2:30.

When am I meant to have lunch?  :wanker

Hopefully you're a chef?
« Last post by Lisan Al Gaib on Today at 12:58:33 pm »
My take is simple, I love Mo, I respect what he has done for this club and he is a legend.

Legends are still held to a standard of behaviour, that goes for him, Klopp and anyone associated with the club. That open disrespectful behaviour was not ok, after Klopp cooled it with the post match interview, he again was still kicking off when he walked past... he is being petulant, this is not ok.

The manager is the boss of the team, he has tough calls to make but I always say the best way to answer the manager if he drops you, or tells you to go prove yourself no matter how many goals you've scored, you go out there and put in a performance to make him regret dropping you, or whatever.

This is very poor from Mo and he deserves to be disciplined for it. Really disappointing. Don't like players thinking they are bigger than the manager or too big/legend status to get away with this behaviour.

He wasn't kicking off when walking through the mixed zone though was he? He was basically saying if I say something the press will blow it up and they proved his point by doing exactly what he thought they would do. Maybe he could have kept quiet but then we'd have had "Salah clearly still angry walking through the mixed zone after the game" and we get the whole thing anyway. No win for him.

Managers can get things wrong as well and who knows what Jurgen said to him? No one has ever thought they both could have been bellends here?

I mean, plans are meaningless until Slot comes in, right?

I don't think so. According to everything that's been said Slot will be head coach whose job will be to coach the players he's given whilst Edwards and Hughes are in charge of recruitment and retention so it'll be their decision.
« Last post by rossipersempre on Today at 12:57:33 pm »
Apparently Saudi Pro League still willing to offer Coutinho money to secure Mo's signature early this summer, despite his dwindling contract.

Everyone has their price, and I can see Laptop Eddie giving him a piggyback to JLA for that amount.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 12:57:17 pm »

100% if the team was set up for Nunez we wouldn't play inverted wingers or at least we'd try to get to the byline.

Go look at his Benfica goals, fair few are pulled back or stood up from the byline or close to it.

Or just look at the start of his Liverpool career. Community shield Salah crosses with his right foot Nunez header is handled for a penalty. Then Robbo heads it across the six yard box and Nunez scores. Fulham first League game Salah crosses with his right foot Nunez flick in the six yard box.

That is the service he needs. This season we have been looking to set up shots from the edge of the area instead of looking to get down the side of defences. Plus Salah has started crossing with the outside of his left foot from a kind of Beckham area instead of using his right foot.
« Last post by Draex on Today at 12:56:08 pm »
Shenanigans aside was lovely to see him hit his after burners on that break away, I honestly worried he'd lost that top end speed.

He is still our best forward so it's great news he's staying, I just hope we get him away from hugging the touchline and get him in and around the box more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10