Author Topic: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread  (Read 59521 times)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Re: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #920 on: June 4, 2012, 01:02:20 pm »
my phone stopped vibrating when it is receiving a call. Anyone had this problem?  All the settings for the vibration intensity appear to be ok
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: June 4, 2012, 01:34:48 pm »
My battery drained in five hours today. No idea why
Having similar issues with mine. I think some of my battery saving apps may actually be doing more harm than good. On the whole the S2 is fine and quite stable. Occasionally it does however drain the battery within hours for no apparent reason.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:08 pm »
My new job is causing me terrible battery drain on my S2.

Ever since I started last Wednesday my battery has been draining to below 50% by the time I leave work at about 5.30pm. Its on charge all night and until about 8am. Previously, with adjusting a few settings such as screen brightness I've been getting really good battery life out of it, with it being above 50% by the time I go to bed at about 11pm.

Oddly, I've hardly been touching the phone during the day. They are quite strict on mobile phone usage for security reasons. We're allowed them in our pockets and if they go off we can go outside to answer it, however its not been ringing during the day, and I've had maybe 1 sms and a few emails per day, so usage is minimal.

I think I've figured out what it is though. There is barely any signal in the office, it drops out a lot, and I'm lucky to get a couple of bars. I believe that searching for a network is quite battery unfriendly.

Therefore I think I might have to look for a new job ;)
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #923 on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:10 am »
Before the ICS update thingy, I could press the Button to return to the home page from anywhere, now it always brings up that fucking speaking command thing, any idea how to get rid of that pls guys ?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #924 on: June 13, 2012, 01:18:13 pm »
My new job is causing me terrible battery drain on my S2.

Ever since I started last Wednesday my battery has been draining to below 50% by the time I leave work at about 5.30pm. Its on charge all night and until about 8am. Previously, with adjusting a few settings such as screen brightness I've been getting really good battery life out of it, with it being above 50% by the time I go to bed at about 11pm.

Oddly, I've hardly been touching the phone during the day. They are quite strict on mobile phone usage for security reasons. We're allowed them in our pockets and if they go off we can go outside to answer it, however its not been ringing during the day, and I've had maybe 1 sms and a few emails per day, so usage is minimal.

I think I've figured out what it is though. There is barely any signal in the office, it drops out a lot, and I'm lucky to get a couple of bars. I believe that searching for a network is quite battery unfriendly.

Therefore I think I might have to look for a new job ;)

Try disabling 3g whilst at work.

Switching between 2g and 3g when there is not much of a signal will use a lot of battery so if you force it to only use 2g it should help.

You can use apps like tasker to automatically change your phone to your 'work' profile when you arrive and switch back to normal when you leave.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: June 13, 2012, 06:40:44 pm »
Try disabling 3g whilst at work.

Switching between 2g and 3g when there is not much of a signal will use a lot of battery so if you force it to only use 2g it should help.

You can use apps like tasker to automatically change your phone to your 'work' profile when you arrive and switch back to normal when you leave.

Might try that, thanks. I disabled tasker a while ago though because it seemed to be conflicting with JuiceDefender and my battery performance dropped again.

Oddly it seems a bit better today (though still not great) - only difference being I had my iPhone in the same pocket (which is on T-Mobile, whilst the S2 is on O2). Maybe they are teaming up to improve the service as it actually seemed quite good most of the day :) 
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #926 on: June 14, 2012, 09:46:11 am »
Before the ICS update thingy, I could press the Button to return to the home page from anywhere, now it always brings up that fucking speaking command thing, any idea how to get rid of that pls guys ?

Me too its really fucking annoying
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #927 on: June 14, 2012, 12:18:43 pm »
I used to get that also but not since the phones firmware was updated, it's fixed all the major probs with the ICS update.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #928 on: June 14, 2012, 12:47:08 pm »
The speaking command is activated by pressing the 'home' button twice in quick succession.
Mine used to fuck up sometimes when it was pressed once, but has rarely done it since the ICS update.
Either try being a little more careful when pushing the 'home' button, or try using the 'return' button a little more.
Or I guess it could be a fault with your particular phone/software version.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #929 on: June 14, 2012, 01:12:44 pm »
The speaking command is activated by pressing the 'home' button twice in quick succession.
Mine used to fuck up sometimes when it was pressed once, but has rarely done it since the ICS update.
Either try being a little more careful when pushing the 'home' button, or try using the 'return' button a little more.

Ah nice 1.Never knew that.Mine does it when pressing the home button despite only pressing it once.Guess it must be either very sensitive or a fault that is'nt worth doing anything about!

Shame it cant be disabled totally as i never use it

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #930 on: June 14, 2012, 04:17:49 pm »

Cheers man.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #931 on: June 15, 2012, 09:11:45 am »
Ah nice 1.Never knew that.Mine does it when pressing the home button despite only pressing it once.Guess it must be either very sensitive or a fault that is'nt worth doing anything about!

Shame it cant be disabled totally as i never use it
Cheers man.
No worries guys.
Hope it sorted some problems out for you.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #932 on: June 19, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »
No worries guys.
Hope it sorted some problems out for you.

Yep, i dont see the need for it really, apart from the obvious advantages for those who really need it,
its a touch phone, fucking touch it, dont talk to it.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #933 on: June 25, 2012, 08:38:09 pm »
My battery must have always been quite full when the wifi freeze but hit. Recently its hit when i've had 20 odd percent, and fuck me it abs fucking rapes the batter within a minute

Had a quick google and with so many people reporting it why the fuck is it not yet fixed?

Edit: Apparently factory reset fixes this, but I dont want to feckin go through that much effort
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:39:53 pm by buzzing »
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #934 on: June 25, 2012, 08:56:37 pm »
Getting annoyed of my phones shouting "WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO" everytime I press back or someting, making me look like a right knob on the bus.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #935 on: June 26, 2012, 06:28:47 pm »
I have a Galaxy S2 which my wife is going to use as she doesn't want her new HTC One X. :-) Is there any way of going back to setting up the phone again and link my wife's Google account with the phone instead of mine? Thanks

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #936 on: July 13, 2012, 04:29:36 pm »
Battery seems to be getting worse on this since the update.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #937 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41:25 pm »
Getting annoyed of my phones shouting "WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO" everytime I press back or someting, making me look like a right knob on the bus.

This is the sole reason I installed a custom OS on mine ;D
STFU and agree with me.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: July 16, 2012, 11:44:53 am »
Dropped mine in the bath the other day.  Took it apart, buried it in rice for a day.  Hey presto, it's working again and seems to be as good as before.  Very impressed.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: July 16, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »
Dropped mine in the bath the other day.  Took it apart, buried it in rice for a day.  Hey presto, it's working again and seems to be as good as before.  Very impressed.

Was that Uncle Ben's rice?  Bloody good rice.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: July 17, 2012, 04:26:51 pm »
Was that Uncle Ben's rice?  Bloody good rice.

Uncle Ben's?  Too expensive for me that stuff.  Mind you, I am tight like that.  I was going to cook the rice for dinner that night but the Mrs vetoed the idea.  Obviously I threw a strop and demanded she cook instead.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: July 20, 2012, 06:00:12 pm »
Ok fellas, need some help.

Recently, my phone has been acting fucking fritzy. Started activating the voice command program that you normally have to double press the home button, all the time, as in between one and a dozen times a minute, turning the driving mode of it on randomly and just being a pain in the ass. I disabled it and it still keeps happening.

Sometimes, if ive been charging it, and i unplug it, a box will pop up saying "charging paused. Voltage too high".

If it is plugged into a charger, it will not stay turned off. Just keeps switching back on.

Also keeps trying to access the clock for some reason, no idea why, just keeps saying "complete action using: Clock".

Just tried to plug it into the computer to get everything off it and do a factory reset, and it doesnt recognise it. Says its connected to a charger, but not a USB.

Im thinking its a problem when the battery is low, as I dont seem to have these issues first thing in the morning with a full battery.

Any suggestions would be brilliant as its doing my fucking head in.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #942 on: July 20, 2012, 07:00:48 pm »

Just tried to plug it into the computer to get everything off it and do a factory reset, and it doesnt recognise it. Says its connected to a charger, but not a USB.

Im thinking its a problem when the battery is low, as I dont seem to have these issues first thing in the morning with a full battery.

Try  connecting to your computer first thing in the morning, getting all your info off it then doing  a factory reset.
JFT 96

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #943 on: July 22, 2012, 02:53:46 am »
sky go now works on the ics

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #944 on: July 24, 2012, 10:51:20 pm »

Recently, my phone has been acting fucking fritzy. Started activating the voice command program that you normally have to double press the home button, all the time, as in between one and a dozen times a minute, turning the driving mode of it on randomly and just being a pain in the ass. I disabled it and it still keeps happening.

Sometimes, if ive been charging it, and i unplug it, a box will pop up saying "charging paused. Voltage too high".

If it is plugged into a charger, it will not stay turned off. Just keeps switching back on.

Also keeps trying to access the clock for some reason, no idea why, just keeps saying "complete action using: Clock".

If you've got an SD card in there, download the free version of MyBackup from Google Play. The paid version lets you backup online but the free one works great even though it's only good for a 30 day trial. I did it to back everything up before a factory reset and upgrade to ICS and it went perfectly.
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #945 on: July 26, 2012, 10:07:48 pm »
Is it advisable to upgrade to ICS yet ?

I stuck with gingerbread because of all the fk ups with the sII on ICS - is this sorted yet ?

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #946 on: July 27, 2012, 01:20:45 pm »
I know people running JB without any issues so im sure ICS will be fine now.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #947 on: July 27, 2012, 10:12:51 pm »
I know people running JB without any issues so im sure ICS will be fine now.

I am scared that it only got sorted when JB came about but that aint available on the sII yet is it? JB no flash support either ?

beginning to think I bought the wrong phone

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #948 on: July 29, 2012, 09:32:59 am »
ok it updated over the wifi directly to ICS 4.0.3.

all seems ok except one major thing - my 1and1 email (work) will not add account. had several different error messages main one being cannot connect server amongst others. any ideas greatly appreciated.

Piece of shit angry with phone right now

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
Re: Re: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #949 on: July 29, 2012, 01:36:08 pm »
I am scared that it only got sorted when JB came about but that aint available on the sII yet is it? JB no flash support either ?

beginning to think I bought the wrong phone

To get flash just manually install the Flash player apk . Works fine.

Been watching the Olympics on mine yesterday.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #950 on: July 30, 2012, 09:27:59 am »
Right I got this sorted a guy from android forums sent me some manual settings that were totally different to the ones my handset was retrieving for some reason. Best phone in the world again now.

DANWMS I aint had the update you mention on the LFCH app yet

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
    • Last FM
« Reply #951 on: July 30, 2012, 01:09:20 pm »
It sometimes takes a few hours for the market to show the update.

The updated has been out for a couple of days now so if you check today it should be there.

Hope you like the new features.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: July 31, 2012, 11:24:12 pm »
Battery life is driving me nuts now. Think I will get the iPhone 5 if it has a decent camera.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #953 on: August 8, 2012, 01:03:53 pm »
Whats this new update for? Already got ics like. Will it reset my menus and home screens?

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #954 on: August 8, 2012, 10:27:27 pm »
Battery life is driving me nuts now. Think I will get the iPhone 5 if it has a decent camera.

I had the same problem, was makin me mad too. I was losing about 5/6% of battery life every hour when phone was idle...

I turned off the sync option and bang, problem sorted! Give it ago if havent already!

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #955 on: August 9, 2012, 01:13:21 pm »
Whats this new update for? Already got ics like. Will it reset my menus and home screens?

Stability improvements
Better camera performance
Smoother screen rotation
Improved phone number recognition

thats what wiki says

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: August 17, 2012, 12:39:47 am »

nope its the background stuff it updates

downloaded it yesterday and its like a new phone handling much better loading pages much faster and the battery life has improved imo

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: August 17, 2012, 09:49:23 am »
Is the update available for Tmobile? 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: August 18, 2012, 03:29:34 am »
Is the update available for Tmobile?

yep

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: August 18, 2012, 05:55:26 pm »
yep

how you download it?  Kies is saying it up to date (the phone is saying Android 4.0.3) and Tmobile website does not have it.