Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by StL-Dono on Today at 03:19:15 pm »
I'm struggling to picture a similar outpouring not just from fans, but everyone through the media when Pep decides to leave MC.  I doubt he's going to go out for any reason other than his own decision, but will anyone care or make a fuss?  Maybe the AbuDhabi press corps maybe...   

We've known JK was special all along, but somewhat gratifying to see it from many different corners as well. 
He will just wait a year and leave on a free. Madrid will probably want to sort their left and right back situation out with free transfers for Trent and Davies. Its sickening to even think about.

Just in time for Alonso to take the helm
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by JRed on Today at 03:17:24 pm »
You read what he said and that's your take away from it? Something the majority of Liverpool fans on the forum already has said?
Yes. Maybe because I’ve noticed quite a lot of subtle digs in their posts lately.

It’s one thing Liverpool fans voicing their concerns on a Liverpool fc board. Going on a rival clubs board and saying they won’t challenge is quite another, especially when you’ve already put a few subtle digs in.
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 03:15:42 pm »
At great first guess!

Connections
Puzzle #341
🟪🟨🟩🟦
🟪🟨🟦🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟨🟨🟦
🟪🟦🟦🟦

Spoiler
Shoukd probably have spotted the beer connection ruin but otherwise I was pretty clueless.
[close]
Me neither, carries with him all the air of a glorified competition winner. I know the market for talented coaches is dry and there aren't any good options out there, let alone the impossible task of finding someone upto replacing the best Liverpool manager since Bob Paisley. That doesn't mean that Slot's not a random choice from a third-class league, and won't be on a hiding to nothing when there's a bad run of results.
And bob paisley had the unenviable task of replacing the biggest anfield legend of all .it was a case of ..Bob who? ..as most of didn’t know anything about him.the general feeling was he was just going to keep the seat warm until we got a big name in .Bob didn’t even want the job but it didn’t turn out too badly ! .
Arne slot is now,50 years later replacing another huge legend in our history,an unenviable task and again everyone,my self included is saying,never heard of him ,know nothing about him .well let’s hope history repeats itself and if he does half of what bob achieved in the same amount of time then I think we’ll all be happy.
To quote John Oliver on Slot...

"I am fighting the instinct of... you're not my real Dad!" :-\

A feeling we will all need to get over at some point, some quicker than others.

That's it. Even unconsciously, the best of us will be comparing him to Klopp.

Even if he does better than this year, he's still got to build that cult of personality. I hope he can devote himself to the fans and culture of the club, and do it in his own special way. If he does, and shows sincere efforts in that regard, he will get the unequivocal backing of the crowd no doubt.
« Last post by exiledintheUSA on Today at 03:10:46 pm »
i watched the Dortmund goodbye yesterday...I wonder if he'll do the same on Sunday. It was a pre-recorded message to the Dortmund fans as he found the Mainz goodbye to difficult to speak through, as evidence by the video above.

He's going to talk to the fans.  During the lap of honor, a stage will be erected in the center circle.
« Last post by pazcom on Today at 03:09:54 pm »
It’s already been said he’ll talk to the crowd on Sunday.  So no pre-recorded messagse this time. No screens to show it on anyway!

Didn't know he'd said he'll talk to the crowd, that will be tough to watch...assumed the club would try and get some big screens into the stadium...no point though if he's gong to talk directly
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Joël Matip (Job Joël André Matip)
« Last post by mattD on Today at 03:09:25 pm »
He never failed us.

With Virgil, the best pairing of defenders since Hansen and Lawrenson. Most definitely the unsung hero of that Champions League and league winning side.

Best wishes Joel, you're an absolute legend that saw us through our strongest moments.
“Manchester City cannot call themselves the greatest Premier League team in history until their 115 charges are dealt with, according to Paul Merson”

Here’s another one, are we starting to see at least some debate about the cheats in the mainstream media…

As we all predicted, when it isn't Liverpool getting robbed by them and it's a London team, all of a sudden there's outcry. Predictable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10