Author Topic: Alright, enough with the negativity and nerves over Wednesday...  (Read 28355 times)

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
Re: Alright, enough with the negativity and nerves over Wednesday...
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2008, 05:28:32 pm »
I thought all this negativity was just one big massive 'in joke' on here!

If only.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2008, 05:29:56 pm »
We'll win

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline neilfc6

• Main Stander
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2008, 05:52:27 pm »
if we cant beat a bunch of no-hopers, at home, to qualify for the champs league proper, we should all go home now, them mancs must be pissing themselves
jog on losers

Offline lfcss

• dull
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2008, 05:56:08 pm »
Am truly not taking Liege likely but cant see anything but a win for us its not even a debate.We will win, it took 38 games to qualify for this I just dont believe we will blow it in one game we're Liverpool not Everton ffs.
Come on redmen show Liege what quality is all about  :scarf
If there's a Mrs Skrtel she probably has to wear shinpads to bed.

Offline smarties

• the have only answer
  • Main Stander
  • The King is "ALIVE" long live the King!
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2008, 05:59:30 pm »
What a night for Keane to score the winner in the 93rd minute in front of the Kop can you believe it :)

(seen the future)
The King is "ALIVE" long live the King!

Offline Cappadonna

• Main Stander
  • Wuvv.
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2008, 06:05:43 pm »
What a night for Keane to score the winner in the 93rd minute in front of the Kop can you believe it :)

(seen the future)

If we're still drawing in the 92nd minute I'll have no arms left, let alone fingernails.
"Javier Mascherano had to play a friendly for Argentina in Australia. That must have been really important." - Rafael Benitez

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2008, 06:16:09 pm »

For all you glass half empty folk out there Liege are 7.2 to qualify on Betfair.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2008, 06:18:10 pm »
The negativity is not ill founded. Our general play has been awful and its mainly to do with the fact that at the most crucial stage of the season (i.e when we are rusty, gelling new players etc) we dont have a settled centre midfield. Why? Because Masch, lucas and babel fucked off to the olympics instead of staying here and playing for the people paying their wages.
Why is this important - I'm not starting a witch hunt, indeed its an indicator of how much i like all 3 players but just consider it:

1) We are short on cm players and our most important man (masch) is not there. Lucas is also not there.
2) No centre mid cover means gerrard cant play where hes proved most settled in years -ie as behind front 2
3) We lack width and ability to do something ''different" against teams - babbel provided that at times last year but where is he?
4) Keane and torres desperately need to gel and get settled before the doubters start crowing - sure fire thing is you start them where they are going to play for the rest of the season in the correct formation. Well lack of Masch lucas babbel truly fucks up the possibility of us playing anything like rafas preferred formation so that goes out the window and 2 games in people are already wondering where keanes going to play.

You might have guessed it the olympics has really pissed me off. Facts are that we probably wouldnt have been so shit against leige first leg if we had a full team and wouldnt have been in the shit we were on sat either.
Hope people who dont agree with him really think about how this could cost rafa his job if we go out on wed  and its not out the question. Where would that leave us?

Masch babbel and lucas -we love you but you fucking owe us now so go and do it for the rest of the season.

Offline smarties

• the have only answer
  • Main Stander
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2008, 06:20:16 pm »
If we're still drawing in the 92nd minute I'll have no arms left, let alone fingernails.
btw
I never said drawing after 90 did I?  I reckon we go a goal down, then we go 1-1 after 63 mins then they score in the 85th, then the kid scores 90th then Keane 93rd, like I say, the winner ;) erm sorry about your arms

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:25 pm »

Like a shoplifter in Saudi?

Offline LFCGeezer

• Anny Roader
  • buttered bread
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:45 pm »
I dreamt that we went out last night, I've also dreamt that I'm shit in bed.

Neither of those are true, we'll be in the group stages.

Offline Digsy866

• Main Stander
  • Thank you Celtic Supporters - Justice for the 96
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2008, 06:21:57 pm »
Could be a blessing if we did get beat (apart from the loss of dollar) coz for once we could focus on whats important.
As much as I love the man, I always wonder if Don Rafa cares more about his cv than the mighties.
Anyway, easy 3/4-0 win on wednesday, tough old group draw while the mancs get a walk through. High hopes, big wins, then a home draw with bolton.
Can't wait till Mascherano pulls that jersey on again! we just aren't a stable team without him,thats why we have been playing so boring!
"Adidas wanted to present him with a Golden Boot in recognition of what he'd done. Bob ( Paisley ) took the call and said, 'They want to know what shoe size you take'. Shanks shouted back, 'If it's gold, I'm a 28.' "

Offline Digsy866

• Main Stander
  • Thank you Celtic Supporters - Justice for the 96
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2008, 06:23:02 pm »
btw
I never said drawing after 90 did I?  I reckon we go a goal down, then we go 1-1 after 63 mins then they score in the 85th, then the kid scores 90th then Keane 93rd, like I say, the winner ;) erm sorry about your arms
you got a tenner on this lad?
"Adidas wanted to present him with a Golden Boot in recognition of what he'd done. Bob ( Paisley ) took the call and said, 'They want to know what shoe size you take'. Shanks shouted back, 'If it's gold, I'm a 28.' "

Offline Herminia

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2008, 06:23:36 pm »
I'm really looking forward to this game.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2008, 06:23:47 pm »
You might have guessed it the olympics has really pissed me off. Facts are that we probably wouldnt have been so shit against leige first leg if we had a full team and wouldnt have been in the shit we were on sat either.

Olympics has got f/all to do with it. Finishing outside the top two in the league is the problem.

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2008, 06:23:54 pm »
For all you glass half empty folk out there Liege are 7.2 to qualify on Betfair.
OK, I know absolutely nothing about betting odds, so what does this mean?

Offline smarties

• the have only answer
  • Main Stander
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2008, 06:24:24 pm »
you got a tenner on this lad?

Yup and why not?

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2008, 06:26:53 pm »
Was going to go, but have to enrol again at college that day, fairly gutted, might be the only oppurtunity to go to a European game this season (Joke :P).
hi

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2008, 06:27:38 pm »
Olympics has got f/all to do with it. Finishing outside the top two in the league is the problem.

what that meant we have not got 3 important players available??

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2008, 06:29:49 pm »
what that meant we have not got 3 important players available??

No we'd be straight into the group stages with a full squad no qualifiers to worry about.

Offline jiky

• Rafa's monkey shoulder
  • Legacy Fan
  • i think i want to die.someone shoot me
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2008, 06:31:43 pm »
actually dont give a toss with the CL. Its time for rafa to concentrate  on the PL. I hope he doesnt let his ego take over to enjoy  the attention he gets . Rest stevie and make a statement Raffa
im off to switzerland,baby. Wanna assist?

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2008, 06:32:10 pm »
OK, I know absolutely nothing about betting odds, so what does this mean?

£7.20 back for every £1 stake.

Offline Herminia

• Kemlynite
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2008, 06:34:13 pm »
actually dont give a toss with the CL. Its time for rafa to concentrate  on the PL. I hope he doesnt let his ego take over to enjoy  the attention he gets . Rest stevie and make a statement Raffa

Are you serious? We'll will lose a lot of money if they don't at least get into the group stages.

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2008, 06:36:56 pm »
£7.20 back for every £1 stake.
Ah, so considered to be highly unlikely then. Thanks!

Offline SmallwoodRed

• Kopite
  • remember april 1989
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2008, 07:05:21 pm »
No we'd be straight into the group stages with a full squad no qualifiers to worry about.

agreed but thats just the cl. The points i made were relevant for all games not least boro and s'land

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2008, 07:24:04 pm »

Not really. As Rafa has already stated a hundred of times, he's trying to win every game in every competition and rightly so. There's so much that can happen during a season and therefore we should try and get as far as we can in every competition we're in, because at the end of the day we want to win trophies. And even if we've already won the European Cup five times, have done extremely well in recent years and are desperate to win the league, it would still be nice to reach another European Cup final. You don't have to choose whether you win the league or the European Cup in a season. It's possible to win both in the same year and that should be our goal...

It won't be easy on Wednesday and a lot of patience might be needed. However, we've managed to overcome much more difficult situations than this (0-1 against Olympiakos, 0-3 against Milan, about to be knocked out in the group stages last season) and we'll win against Liege.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2008, 07:24:48 pm »
The negativity is not ill founded. Our general play has been awful and its mainly to do with the fact that at the most crucial stage of the season (i.e when we are rusty, gelling new players etc) we dont have a settled centre midfield. Why? Because Masch, lucas and babel fucked off to the olympics instead of staying here and playing for the people paying their wages.
Why is this important - I'm not starting a witch hunt, indeed its an indicator of how much i like all 3 players but just consider it:

1) We are short on cm players and our most important man (masch) is not there. Lucas is also not there.
2) No centre mid cover means gerrard cant play where hes proved most settled in years -ie as behind front 2
3) We lack width and ability to do something ''different" against teams - babbel provided that at times last year but where is he?
4) Keane and torres desperately need to gel and get settled before the doubters start crowing - sure fire thing is you start them where they are going to play for the rest of the season in the correct formation. Well lack of Masch lucas babbel truly fucks up the possibility of us playing anything like rafas preferred formation so that goes out the window and 2 games in people are already wondering where keanes going to play.

Hope people who dont agree with him really think about how this could cost rafa his job if we go out on wed  and its not out the question. Where would that leave us?

Masch babbel and lucas -we love you but you fucking owe us now so go and do it for the rest of the season.

Wrong thread.

This is a thread to be positive about the team..... :wave
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2008, 07:26:38 pm »
i really dont know what all the fuss is about,  these dont deserve to share the same pitch as LFC, we gotta finish them off early in the first half and that is my prediction

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2008, 07:27:51 pm »
We'll piss it 3-0 on wednesday, no drama's.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2008, 07:46:13 pm »
you know what, it didn't even cross my mind that we might go out here, but actually, it could happen.

what a disaster that would be.

Offline donniebrasco

• Old School (probably Harrow)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only users lose drugs...
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2008, 07:49:51 pm »
Agree. I am more concerned about the league game on the weekend than the match against Liege. It may be over-confidence, but we really should beat them on Wednesday.

Same here..that Villa game will be very tough...this lot will shit themselves at Anfield and we'll through easy IMO.They had their chance in the first leg and blew it.3-0 to us.

Offline mctavish

• Kopite
  • get that bus out
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2008, 07:52:15 pm »
can't see what the problem is in saying we are playing shite so far this season and that Wednesday's game is going to be anything but easy. Its not negative its realistic.
Saying we will win because we are Liverpool FC is silly.

Offline Guaranga

• not happy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2008, 07:57:51 pm »
i really dont know what all the fuss is about,  these dont deserve to share the same pitch as LFC, we gotta finish them off early in the first half and that is my prediction

I hope the players don't take this bad attitude because we'll get knocked out.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2008, 08:05:20 pm »
can't see what the problem is in saying we are playing shite so far this season and that Wednesday's game is going to be anything but easy. Its not negative its realistic.
Saying we will win because we are Liverpool FC is silly.

Yeah, because that's what I said.

I hope the players don't take this bad attitude because we'll get knocked out.

True story. We cannot be complacent.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Austrian_Liverpudlian _92

• Main Stander
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2008, 08:09:04 pm »
when we not believe how can the players `?
I live in austria and yet to young to afford ticket and travelling
but I really hope it will be a good atmosphere on wednesday and that at least when YNWA starts everybody believes in our team  :)
A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters.

Luis Garcia

Offline Mackinaw Peach

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Wigan address
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2008, 08:31:37 pm »
1) We are short on cm players

Seems fitting.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 08:35:42 pm by HindleyRedSkin »

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2008, 08:46:36 pm »
Well said young Austrian Red.

Offline Austrian_Liverpudlian _92

• Main Stander
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2008, 09:56:56 pm »
Well said young Austrian Red.

ta mate :)
you know my dream is one day to live in Liverpool and go to every match  :D
A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters.

Luis Garcia

Offline Jorgen

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2008, 10:11:44 pm »
I'm very nervous.