Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 1-1 Brighton  (Read 2771 times)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Half time: Liverpool 1-1 Brighton
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2024, 03:02:07 pm »
As I said its fine with the ball not without it
We’re massive favorites to win the game given how easily we’re getting in but let’s not pretend we don’t look vulnerable going the other way

We're always going to look vulnerable though, the best way is to stop conceding early though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2024, 03:02:14 pm »
Should be ahead but again a sloppy start has cost us. We should still have enough to win this game but we'll have to work hard for it, that will take it out of us with all these games to play.

Mental decisions from the Ref for the pen and Macca's yellow, its like he just made up his own rules.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2024, 03:02:35 pm »
We carry on like this we will win - making enough chances - just need a better final ball.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2024, 03:02:43 pm »
Why have they given the referee job to Will Self? He hates football!

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2024, 03:02:56 pm »
Dom is a real concern at the moment, I find it laughable that people have mentioned Gomez but not Dominic. I don't know if he is still finding his fitness but his form is really not there at the moment.

He's concerned me for a while now, but I think he just needs time. Maybe he's just trying a bit too hard when he should stick to doing the simple things well. Grav and Harvey will be chewing Klopp's ear off to get on though, and on recent form with some justification.

Online lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2024, 03:03:05 pm »
Everyone having a go at Coote needs to remember that Tierney is on VAR, we're being double tagged by the c*nts
Probably get a fairer gane if Pep and Arteta were doing it.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2024, 03:03:12 pm »

Coote is looking corrupt as hell though…

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2024, 03:03:20 pm »
Dom is a real concern at the moment, I find it laughable that people have mentioned Gomez but not Dominic. I don't know if he is still finding his fitness but his form is really not there at the moment.
It's weird. Is it a lack of confidence or he's just adapting?

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2024, 03:03:41 pm »
Their first goal came from us forcing it. We have to be very tidy on the ball.

Their first goal?!?  Are there going to be more?
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2024, 03:03:44 pm »
Mo seems to have lost his 'mo jo'. Was disappointing against the mancs, so lets hope he gets it back in this 2nd half.

Online Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2024, 03:03:58 pm »
We always come out of the blocks slowly after an International break.

Every team we play seems to target our right side, and they’ve had some joy there too. Mo has had some good chances, but so far he’s been poor.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2024, 03:04:04 pm »

Poor lad is only doing what Tierney tells him. Hence him having to wait to give decisions.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2024, 03:04:23 pm »
It's weird. Is it a lack of confidence or he's just adapting?

Well, he's started off really well, but maybe the injuries he's picked up have affected his confidence. It's all a bit weird.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2024, 03:04:51 pm »

Carragher has even called him out that he's getting told in his ear what to do. We know the Comms can hear VAR.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2024, 03:05:10 pm »
Mo seems to have lost his 'mo jo'. Was disappointing against the mancs, so lets hope he gets it back in this 2nd half.

Still finding the shooting boots after a bit of time out, but of anyone who can find their form in a flash I think it's Mo. He just needs one shot to go in and it's game on for him.

Online Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2024, 03:05:21 pm »
He's concerned me for a while now, but I think he just needs time. Maybe he's just trying a bit too hard when he should stick to doing the simple things well. Grav and Harvey will be chewing Klopp's ear off to get on though, and on recent form with some justification.

Think Szoboszlai without Trent is less effective. He used to make those darting runs with Trent feeding him outside. He looks less effective without the through ball on the overlap with Salah.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2024, 03:05:22 pm »
Get Konate on and we win this. Would also like to see Gravenberch or Eliott to come on for Dom

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2024, 03:05:22 pm »
yet got steam rolled by a number of teams this season. we really should be putting the likes of these to the sword at home. They are an awkward team to play against but we always seems to struggle against them for whatever reason.

They're comfortable playing from the back, and they have pace/skill on the transition in addition to having an understanding of space and where to counterattack.  Most lower sides don't and tend to lump it or rely on just one outlet.

We play so high up the pitch at times and press so high even with fullbacks and CBs that if they can dare to play from the back and get through, they're in loads of space.  Like a scenario in the first half when Mac Allister was surrounded by 3 Brighton players at the edge of their box, Endo steps up to support, the ball pops free, and off go Brighton (I believe Quansah intercepted the pass out wide).  The other PL teams don't play like this, so Brighton aren't going to find that joy against West Ham, Everton, etc.

On the flip side, teams like Dyche's Burnley, and Palace have pretty awful records against us (despite the narrative of them being difficult to play against) because their counterattacks are basically aimless (even when Palace had Zaha).  Much easier for us to sit high and press them effectively and force them to go long and lose possession.  It's just a matter of patience because we sometimes struggle with chance creation against those sides.

We have no trouble creating chances against Brighton, so we just need to take them.
King Kenny.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2024, 03:05:55 pm »
Hilarious Mac brushing someone's arm with his hand is a yellow but Darwjn being dragged down by his shirt isn't a pen 😂