Author Topic: Luis Garcia  (Read 169059 times)

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Garcia
« Reply #720 on: January 16, 2014, 07:49:30 pm »
Cracking player and a cracking bloke by all accounts. Made me smile!!
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: January 16, 2014, 09:35:46 pm »
Love the lad.  Scored some cracking goals and played with a smile on his face.  Enjoy retirement. 

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: January 17, 2014, 08:44:08 am »
Farewell, Luis, you could always do the unexpected

I was talking the other day to Luis Garcia, who has announced his retirement, and I can’t let this column pass without talking about the quality that made him very special for us at Liverpool.

He would sometimes give the ball away and the fans would be frustrated but he was so good when creating things, working between the lines and showing his game intelligence.

In the big games it can come down to who can make that little bit of difference and do the unexpected thing on the pitch. Maybe the thing you cannot always coach or expect. Luis Garcia always had that.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/rafa-benitez-column-i-think-liverpool-will-qualify-for-champions-league-ahead-of-manchester-united-because-they-have-no-european-distractions-9065617.html
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #723 on: January 17, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »
Better header of the ball than Peter Crouch. In fact, was one of the best headers of the ball I can remember at Liverpool.

I'd just like to add, anyone referring to his goal in the CL semin final, and putting it like this, 'goal', needs a punch.  ;)

It wasn't a 'goal', it was a goal.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 01:07:00 pm by Paul JH »
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: January 17, 2014, 01:41:30 pm »
Just read his letter that he's retiring. Eventually it happens to everyone, but it's sad, isn't it?

Luis, thanks for everything. Many happy memories spring to mind. Enjoy the retirement. Maybe it's even time to have a sangria? You have definitely earned one.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #725 on: January 17, 2014, 01:51:30 pm »
Always made the best letters. Love him, great little player and a lovely guy by all accounts.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #726 on: January 20, 2014, 05:47:46 pm »
Luis Garcia: I'm going to be a Red forever.

Imagine the feeling of hearing thousands of people chant your name with a fondness reserved only for an elite number. Would you dare to dream such an honour could last long after your departure?

For the man who 'came from Barça to bring us joy' that fantasy is reality; almost seven years after Luis Garcia's three-season stay at Anfield concluded, his personal song remains a regular on the Kop.

It's a tune which poignantly drifted across Merseyside throughout last week following the Spaniard's sudden announcement of his immediate retirement from professional football.

Liverpool supporters could not help but instantly recall the string of Garcia strikes which carried their club to the 2005 Champions League final and the subsequent drama of overcoming AC Milan in Istanbul.

Hundreds and thousands of messages of gratitude and well wishes were dispatched to the 35-year-old when the news broke - a groundswell of support that the former attacker will never forget.

"It meant everything. They know what I feel about Liverpool, the fans and the city," he reflected to Liverpoolfc.com several days after his decision had been publicised.

"I was so proud that I had the chance to be there, to enjoy the crowd and all the things we did in the past. I'm going to be a Red for the rest of my life.

"I'm very happy to hear those kinds of things. The fans know what I feel. It's not easy to finish playing for Liverpool.

"After seven years, they are still singing my song and sending me messages, asking me how I feel and where I am - and if I'm coming back. It is one of the most important things I've ever had."

A return to his home country and a second spell with La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid beckoned for the diminutive, tricky playmaker when he left Liverpool in the summer of 2007.

His career journey would later involve a period in Greece before he was enticed by the challenge of league football in Mexico, where he would participate in the last professional fixtures of his life.

Midway through his 30s, Garcia found himself in a position to consider 'no regrets at all' in the experiences he had undertaken and believed the time was right for family to claim primary focus.

"It was difficult to make the decision, it wasn't easy," the Spain international, who racked up 18 appearances for his country and played at the 2006 World Cup, continued.

"I had many years playing football, concentrating on many games and training. It's not easy to stop doing that - the thing you have done all your life.

"But I'm happy that I had a good career, in big teams and enjoying playing football. It was difficult but I have retired now and I have to start thinking about other things.

"I have been playing football for many years, playing outside Spain - away from family and friends. Last week, I was thinking about that and having my family close to me.

"I talked to them and it was a tough decision but, in the end, it was a good one. It was the moment to stop playing football and to start enjoying my friends and family.

"Sometimes I think about the things I have done and the decisions that I made. But I'm happy with what I have done and I have no regrets at all."

Garcia pulled on a Liverpool shirt 121 times in his three campaigns, blasting 30 goals - five of those were converted in the knockout stages of the Reds' successful 2004-05 Champions League quest.

Memorably, a blistering, long-range volley that soared over goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and nestled into the top corner provided the edge in a quarter-final meeting with Italian giants Juventus.

Then, on an evening when decibel levels in L4 possibly achieved an historic high, the Catalonia native forced a finish home - 'Over the line? Sure,' he insists - after four minutes which ultimately proved to be the semi-final clincher against Chelsea.

Casting his thoughts back nearly nine years, Garcia said: "I've been at big clubs in my career, but to feel what I felt and to win the Champions League is everything for a player.

"To have the chance of playing in that kind of club - one of the best clubs in the history of football - and to have the chance to win a trophy like that one.

"I know there have been more trophies won in the years since, but talking about the special one - making history is the most important thing that can happen for a player. I still watch the final sometimes.

"Everything came together; a good team, a good relationship between the players, the manager and the club. We were like a family. That allows a footballer to show his best, and I think that's what happened to me.

"I played good football in Barcelona and Atletico Madrid, and even Mexico, but we were the strongest then and that's why I showed my best football.

"The goals that everybody remembers are the volley against Juventus and the goal against Chelsea. Those are the two that people are going to remember for a long time."

Given the frequency of renditions of the Garcia song at Anfield, the memory is still fresh for Liverpool fans - who will be pleased to know that their voice reaches the man himself.

"I have heard it a few times when I have been watching from home. It doesn't ever change," added the ex-No.10, who pledged his ambitions of visiting the Reds' stadium before the end of the season.

Supporters will know exactly how to welcome the star simply described as 'football heaven'.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/153407-garcia-i-m-going-to-be-a-red-forever
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: January 20, 2014, 06:12:16 pm »
What an eloquent heartfelt article from the wee man on his retirement. One of the select favourite few I'll show/tell my boy about when he's a bit older. Class both on and off the pitch.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #728 on: January 29, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »
Luis Garcia ‏@LuchoGarcia14 15h
Waw... Thanks lads, it was so loud I could hear The Sangria song from home.#YNWA

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #729 on: January 29, 2014, 12:55:58 pm »
Luis Garcia ‏@LuchoGarcia14 16h
Derby time ...Liverpool vs Everton.

Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #730 on: January 29, 2014, 01:45:59 pm »
Garcia is boss :)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: January 29, 2014, 01:59:18 pm »
Was great to sing his song last night after it never really got going against Villa, glad he heard it too. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #732 on: January 29, 2014, 02:02:38 pm »
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #733 on: January 29, 2014, 02:06:29 pm »
The man love grows stronger and stronger for our Luis
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #734 on: January 29, 2014, 02:12:17 pm »
<3

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #735 on: January 29, 2014, 04:28:56 pm »

One of my favourite Liverpool pictures in recent times.

Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: February 8, 2014, 09:09:31 am »
Good lad, Luis:

Luis Garcia ‏@LuchoGarcia14  12h
We all started from somewhere...dreams.
Have a good night
Todos empezamos de alguna manera...sueños.Tened buena noche

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
  • Not in The Grafton on a Friday night
« Reply #737 on: March 11, 2014, 11:47:26 am »
I adore Little Luis, one of my favourite players ever. Yes, he could be very frustrating, but he scored some sublime goals. He always looked so happy out there and he definitely made me happy. I was fortunate enough to meet and chat with the lad once and he was an absolute gent.

Can't wait to see him back at Anfield for the charity match.
Quote from: Owl
If some of u fucking bellends are seriously arsed about this then go to fucking sleep or knock our self out by charging straight at a wall.
It's a fucking pre season
Fuck off u twats
Quote from: Upinsmoke
Go to sleep, but it's only 2.55am

Div

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #738 on: March 11, 2014, 12:45:52 pm »
I adore Little Luis, one of my favourite players ever. Yes, he could be very frustrating, but he scored some sublime goals. He always looked so happy out there and he definitely made me happy. I was fortunate enough to meet and chat with the lad once and he was an absolute gent.

Can't wait to see him back at Anfield for the charity match.

Me too, his open letter when he left just showed was a class act he is,

The Champions League shirt from 05/06 is one of my favourites with Luis Garcia 10 in Gold Lettering :)

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
« Reply #739 on: March 11, 2014, 07:16:39 pm »

Me too, his open letter when he left just showed was a class act he is,

The Champions League shirt from 05/06 is one of my favourites with Luis Garcia 10 in Gold Lettering :)
Loved his letter - and the way he constantly goes on about Liverpool on social media makes me smile. I still wear the old shirts with his name on the back, despite my being old enough to know better. :D

I love that little thumb sucker.
If some of u fucking bellends are seriously arsed about this then go to fucking sleep or knock our self out by charging straight at a wall.
Fuck off u twats

Div

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: March 12, 2014, 12:29:16 pm »
His goal against Juve is one of my favourites goals ever by anyone.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #741 on: March 12, 2014, 12:31:15 pm »
Will never forget his face on the front of the bus when it got to St George's Hall and the sea of Liverpool fans greeted it after Istanbul.
He looked like he'd never seen anything like it in his life and so, so happy.

Love the lad.

:D
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #742 on: March 24, 2014, 02:43:49 am »
@LuchoGarcia14
What a great night guys, thank you very much.

Just watched Luis make his debut on Bein Sports Express Xtra alongside Cristian Vieri, Bodo Igllner, and Cory Gibbs.

Not terrible considering it was his first go as an analysts. The show is it bit of a free for all with the discussions with little actually ever gettin said, unfortunately he didn't really insert himself much, which is understandable. Still great to see him on my tv again. Hope he stays on and can get more comfortable with the group.

Offline Garcias Sangria

• Anny Roader
« Reply #743 on: April 14, 2014, 01:37:28 am »
Luis is a sexy little beast and I am going to name every one of my children after him. Even if they're girls.
Fuck off u twats

Div

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #744 on: April 17, 2014, 05:23:50 am »
Think this is lovely by him.

Next  April 21st it will be  celebrated in Liverpool, the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough, and commemorating this date, a charity match is played at Anfield. We will face former players and Liverpool players of all ages. An emotional game for the whole city, which I’m delighted to be part.

For this reason and thanking of all Reds fans, who over the years have always been there, during these days and until the match, you can get one of these 10 shirts that had save for a special moment. Want to get one? Very easy, here I leave how.

1. Signup to the web.

2. Send a photo of your ticket to the Hillsborough 25th anniversary game to hola@luisgarciaofficial.com.

Link

He's saying on twitter there's two more days to get pics of your ticket into that e-mail address.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:26:05 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: April 17, 2014, 12:56:37 pm »
I don't have a ticket, it's on my card. :(

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #746 on: April 17, 2014, 01:42:17 pm »
Send a pic of your card with an explanation perhaps? He can only say 'no' and at least you've a chance.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #747 on: April 17, 2014, 02:06:46 pm »
Always..always will be a RED.

Respect..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #748 on: April 17, 2014, 02:34:33 pm »
He's one of our foreign lads who, quite simply, fell head over heels in love with us. It's evident in pretty much everything he's done since he left. I'd also say he's easily among the top 20 most important LFC players of the past 20 years, personally. As hit-and-miss as he was, the hits were literally unforgettable. So, for me (as I'm feeling listy) it's:

Gerrard, Fowler, Carragher, Suarez, Hyypia, Alonso, Garcia, Hamann, Owen, McManaman, Torres, Reina, Dudek, Smicer, Kuyt, Mascherano, McAllister, Henchoz, Skrtel and Agger.

His song'll be getting a good old airing all next week I imagine.  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #749 on: April 17, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »
Love Luis, great player for us and great guy, and there are few things more heartwarming than seeing an ex-player who's moved on or retired showing how much he fell in love with us while he was here. Always a Red - I'll sing his song anytime! :D

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #750 on: April 17, 2014, 03:20:31 pm »
Great footballer and an even greater man.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline MotownRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #751 on: April 17, 2014, 04:04:25 pm »
He's one of our foreign lads who, quite simply, fell head over heels in love with us. It's evident in pretty much everything he's done since he left. I'd also say he's easily among the top 20 most important LFC players of the past 20 years, personally. As hit-and-miss as he was, the hits were literally unforgettable. So, for me (as I'm feeling listy) it's:

Gerrard, Fowler, Carragher, Suarez, Hyypia, Alonso, Garcia, Hamann, Owen, McManaman, Torres, Reina, Dudek, Smicer, Kuyt, Mascherano, McAllister, Henchoz, Skrtel and Agger.

His song'll be getting a good old airing all next week I imagine.  ;D

Yeah, he scored some important goals, and some of his headers, god knows were they came from, they were unbeleivable for such a short, slim framed man, goes to show it is all about timing in everyhting that you do  ;)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #752 on: April 17, 2014, 04:08:32 pm »
Think this is lovely by him.

Link

He's saying on twitter there's two more days to get pics of your ticket into that e-mail address.

Believe me Luis I drink plenty of Sangria.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: April 25, 2014, 10:29:32 am »
Luis García: I doubted Liverpool 'ghost goal', then I started screaming

Former Anfield star says he is still asked about the controversial Champions League goal he scored against Chelsea in 2005

Luis García is still asked about the "ghost goal" and José Mourinho is still moaning about it. The Spaniard's fourth-minute finish for Liverpool in the 2005 Champions League semi-final second leg against Chelsea was the strike that took Rafael Benítez's team to Istanbul, where they came back from a 3-0 half-time deficit against Milan to be crowned European champions.

From a few yards out García poked the ball towards the net and, despite Chelsea's William Gallas hooking it away, Lubos Michel, the referee, decided that a goal had been scored.

With Liverpool preparing to host Chelsea on Sunday – and if Mourinho's side are beaten that could all but crown the home side as champions for the first time since 1990 – García says he can go anywhere and the goal is mentioned.

"I was in Oman in March playing with the former players of Barcelona against Real Madrid. But people know me from Liverpool and always ask about the goal. Always around the world this happens. When we were in Muscat, the capital city, we went to a shopping complex and I saw a man with a red shirt on. He said: 'Can I have a photo?' I said: 'Sure'. Then he said: 'And was it a goal or not?'"

So, was it? "That's the question, isn't it? I should ask for a penny every time someone asks me that," laughs García, now 35 and who retired last year after a fine career that, as well as Liverpool, also included spells at Atlético Madrid (twice), Barcelona, Racing Santander, Panathinaikos and the Mexican teams Puebla and Pumas UNAM. "For me it was and the referee gave it so. If I am being honest, I remember the feeling of hitting the ball and when I saw the bounce going up I turned away and celebrated. I started doubting for a moment because for two seconds none of my team-mates were close and I started thinking: 'Oh my goodness, maybe it wasn't.' But I turned round and saw the referee and the linesman running back into position and just started screaming.

"We can say: 'If this', 'if that'. But the goal was given. If not it would have been a penalty and a red card, so we don't know if it was better what happened or not."

García cites how Petr Cech flattened Milan Baros before the goal. On Tuesday Mourinho, who was then in his first season of his first spell as Chelsea's manager, indicated that nine years of bitterness remains. "In the other semi-final we lost with a goal that was not a goal but that's part of football," he said to bewail the club's luck in the Champions League.

Yet García enjoys cordial relations with the tempestuous one. "Mourinho congratulated me at the end of the game, but I actually had a very good relationship with him," he says. "I met him [when both were] at Barcelona, and after I spoke a few times when he was a manager in Portugal, before he went to Porto, about signing for him."

As will be true on Sunday, the atmosphere on 3 May 2005 was particularly memorable. "It was incredible. They had a machine to measure how loud the Kop was that night and I think when the goal went in it was one of the highest decibel readings ever in sport," García says. "I played for 70 minutes and I remember feeling very nervous for the final 20. Apart from the goal and a couple of other moves, I don't remember much about the game. But those last 20 minutes I watched from the bench and was suffering."

García offers an insight into how Steven Gerrard and co may feel against Chelsea – who are five points behind Liverpool and need a win to keep their title hopes alive – at Anfield. "If I have to be honest, when you go into a game like that you are so concentrated, your mind is so focused that you block out a lot of things," García says. "You are concentrating on what you have to do, where you have to play. Sometimes it can feel like there is no one around you. When you stop, you can hear the atmosphere. You clap your hands and say: 'We are at home.' Then after it is like one click and you cannot hear anything."

Can Liverpool beat Chelsea? "They can do it. Right now is the time," he says. "All the players are focused and know what they have to do. Like Steve [after Liverpool beat Manchester City] said: 'Let's go again.' They did that against Norwich and it seems to be in their head now. When we won the Champions League it felt like there was something pushing us, I don't know what, because people say we shouldn't have won it.

"It is the same now. We don't know what is going to happen in the future. There are many good sides in the Premier League, many good players, so this is the right moment to put Liverpool back where it has to be. This is where we have to be around the world. To win a title the way they are playing would be perfect. Everyone is enjoying watching Liverpool play. The defenders are playing good, the midfielders are good, the strikers are on fire. If one guy goes out and another one comes in then they still do the job. It is very good."

Just as García was in his three years at the club.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/24/luis-garcia-liverpool-chelsea-ghost-goal-2005
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: April 25, 2014, 10:32:55 am »
On and off the pitch he's a class act

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: April 25, 2014, 10:40:21 am »
I almost feel sorry for the wee man that he constantly gets asked about that goal, and Mourinho's obsessive bitterness. I think the Juve goal was of far more importance in terms of impact and killing their hopes, paving the way to Istanbul. Not to mention a work of art.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #756 on: April 25, 2014, 10:50:29 am »
Totally agree about the Juventus goal, that was superb. I will always adore Luis a footballer who always tried his heart out, even if he didn't play well. I can't help thinking that he would adore playing in our present team.

As for the goal Luis trust me it was in.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: April 25, 2014, 11:01:43 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NBsraNDmuBU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NBsraNDmuBU</a>

Oh it's glorious.

Oh, and this one, for Jose, is deffo over the line!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5IEj0YsFH0U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5IEj0YsFH0U</a>
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #758 on: April 25, 2014, 12:32:56 pm »
Nearly nine years have passed since Spaniard made that decisive contribution in 2005 Champions League semi-final

Luis Garcia has warned Jose Mourinho he will feel “the power of Anfield” once again in Sunday’s Premier League title showdown with Liverpool FC.

Nearly nine years have passed since the little Spaniard made the decisive contribution on an unforgettable night in L4 to fire the Reds to the 2005 Champions League final.

Garcia’s early strike – which Mourinho has always insisted never crossed the line – gave Rafa Benitez’s side something to hold on to during a pulsating semi-final second leg.

A fervent crowd carried Liverpool to glory at Chelsea’s expense and Garcia believes history will repeat itself this weekend as the current crop look to step a giant step closer to landing the Premier League title.

“From the moment I walked out on the pitch before kick-off that night the atmosphere was electric,” Garcia told the ECHO.

“What was amazing was that fans kept it going for the whole game. That was one of the biggest and most enjoyable games I ever played in.

“Of course scoring that goal makes you remembered for your whole life. It was fantastic to be able to give the people that moment of happiness.

“I heard that even this week Mourinho was still saying it didn’t cross the line. What I do know is that I think it was better for Chelsea that the referee awarded the goal rather than give us a penalty and send off their keeper.

“The most important time you feel that incredible Anfield support in matches is when you are struggling and up against it.

“When you don’t know what to do and the other team is pushing you, that’s when you really feel the power of the crowd. They help you to keep working and go forward.

“The fans will be there for the team again on Sunday. This is the most important game of the season and they will help them get the victory they need.”

Garcia was granted a hero’s reception on his return to Anfield earlier this week. The 35-year-old played for Gerard Houllier’s Rest of the World Legends against Kenny Dalglish’s UK and Irish Legends in the ‘Celebration of the 96’ charity match.

It may have been seven years since he represented the club but his bond with Merseyside remains strong.

His name is still chanted by Kopites on a regular basis and the feeling of respect is mutual.

“It was beautiful to be back,” said Madrid-based Garcia, who spent the last three years of his playing career in Mexico before announcing his retirement in January.

“It’s unbelievable the feeling you have when you step on that grass.

“I enjoyed it so much to be back playing in front of 44,000 fans with all the legends around. You wouldn’t get a crowd that big for a charity game at any other club around the world.

“I miss many things – living in the city, the club and the people – so having the chance to play here again was great.

“It’s always been like this with the fans here. The people have always treated me so well.

“They are always in touch with me through Twitter and Facebook and I can feel that support from far away.

“I always watch all the Liverpool games. I know they still sing my song. I always put the surround sound on my TV so I can hear that clearly in my house!”

Garcia, who scored 30 goals in 121 games for the Reds between 2004 and 2007, has watched the Reds’ resurgence under Brendan Rodgers with delight this season.

Victory on Sunday would equal a club record of 12 successive league wins set back in 1990. It would also put the Reds, who are currently five points clear of Chelsea, on the brink of ending their 24-year title drought.

With three games remaining, Garcia is supremely confident that Rodgers’ men will hold their nerve.

“Like every Liverpool fan, I have enjoyed this great season,” he said.

“They are going to make history. I believe they will win the title.

“There were many people who doubted them a few months ago and were waiting for Liverpool to slip up but it hasn’t happened. Even when they didn’t have the best of games, they continued winning. They deserve the title because they have been so consistent.

“I met Brendan for the first time before the legends game. He said: ‘Hola, Luis, como estas?’ (Hi, Luis, how are you?)

“I felt like he was an old friend! That’s important as a manager. Yes, you have to be serious and you have to make the players work hard but after that to be a human being is very important.

“I can see why players enjoy playing for him and how he gets the best out of them.

“I think something is building here. Liverpool are building a new era under Brendan. Hopefully for the next few years they will be at the top and fighting for big titles.”

Garcia was part of the Reds side who won the Champions League in 2005 and the FA Cup in similarly dramatic circumstances 12 months later.

On both occasions the inspiration was provided by Steven Gerrard and the former Barcelona man is desperate to see the talismanic skipper finally get his hands on the one trophy which has always eluded him.

“You can see what this means to Steven with his performances on the pitch,” Garcia added.

“He’s in the last few years of his career and he knows there aren’t many chances left for him to win the Premier League.

“Now he’s got the chance right there and he deserves it. He has been one of the best players in the history of football, not just in terms of Liverpool.

“It’s amazing to think how important he was to Liverpool when we won the Champions League and how important he still is all these years on.

“I heard what Zizou (Zinedine Zidane) said recently about how Steven was the complete midfielder and could have played for anyone in Europe.

“He’s right. He’s a player every club would love to have in their team and he deserves this kind of title.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-liverpool-fc-player-luis-7030821

Offline eddiedingle

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #759 on: April 25, 2014, 01:07:18 pm »
What a class act this guy is. Totally gets the club and its values.