Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Ta mate

Cracking! Where's the nearest train station to there mate?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by newterp on Today at 12:34:58 pm »
Watching the derby it feels like he's actually scared to put his body on the line at all
All season he's been waving legs and arms at opposition players (all the way back to Ake walking inside him vs City) and not actually using his body to make life difficult for them
There was one break at Goodison where he came across to cover and sort of tried to nick it away but actually made sure he didn't make contact with the player and they just went through him

Going back to the title winning season and that period he was good defensively in terms of his positioning and cover even if he was still low on the 'blood and thunder' scale of defending.. now he doesn't seem to want to defend at all .. and I'm not sure what that means for his career.
If he doesn't want to apply himself defensively at all you cant play him in midfield .. so he's basically becoming an AM or something.

It might mean that in his own mind he's too good to do certain things because he feels they will take away from other things. Rightfully or wrongfully.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Last post by Wool on Today at 12:33:18 pm »
He reinvented the RB position and obviously can defend otherwise we wouldn’t have won everything.

Keep him there as he’s not a midfielder.
For me whether he can defend isn’t in question. It’s whether he wants to and he clearly doesn’t and that has been evident for a while now.
It is quite clear from the video I posted a few days ago that, from lock-to-lock, it is just over a full rotation each way from centre - i.e. approx. 800 degrees.

Not quite. The max he went was 270° one way. Which is 540° both ways. As shown in the da vinci style drawing.

But yes he did cross his hands and it did go more than 180°. I stand corrected.

I was talking about the cybertruck and I used that to talk about the plaid model S. My bad.
Obviously just a feeling but got bad "Martin Jol meets Brendan Rodgers" vibes about this guy. Respectful tact and diplomacy is a prerequisite for such a high profile role, and unfortunately he's stereotypically Dutch in this regard.

Already acting like a competition winner (which he is, let's be honest) doesn't bode well. Seems to enjoy the fact we're having to negotiate him out of his current contract with Feyenoord via a sizeable compensation fee. Van Dijk's shrugged opinion says it all "seems like one of the better Dutch coaches at the moment", talk about damning with faint praise.

Did I miss it, or has there been anything concrete (not baseless rumours from random sources regurgitated by Samie) as to why Amorim suddenly got dumped after a month of being the obvious media-briefed preferred candidate? His achievements with Sporting do seem superior in a more competitive and diverse league, and by all accounts, was talked of as being a "great communicator". Not that I care much after this past 9 seasons if I'm honest, but this eleventh-hour pivot to Feyenoord's Arne Slot with the obligatory puff pieces that's he absolutely the right man for the job, 6 months after Klopp handed in his notice, seems somewhat straw-clutching and desperate.

Easy to say in hindsight but with a vacuum above the manager, maybe John Henry should have pulled a Billy Beane approach and made Xabi Alonso an astronomical offer in Dec/Jan, take it or leave it, rather than let it drag out for 3 months allowing Bayern's PR machine to run amok and unsettle him into a U-turn. Timing is everything, as in life.

Boring.
European Away forum / Re: Europa League 2023/2024
« Last post by Barry Banana on Today at 12:31:43 pm »
I’m the same. Do you know why?

Nope.
The Boozer / Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Last post by A-Bomb on Today at 12:31:33 pm »
Nice one!

We are stopping in Hersonissos at a hotel/waterpark about 18m East of Heraklion along the coast.

We stayed at the Mitsis Rinela which was east along the coast of Heraklion... you get a bit of wind from time to time due to weather systems which masks how hot the sun is! So make sure you've got your lotion on!
If he can win over the fans, he'll be fine. If he doesn't, he's doomed.

Going back to Klopp's first season there were moments where he fronted the crowd (the west brom game, people leaving early against Palace etc) that could have gone either way. It took a lot of front as it could have backfired, but he knew without the crowd on his side, he'd get nowhere. There were people doubting him around that time, results were mixed. But once the crowd bought in, it was full steam ahead.

We've always been a divided fan base. That's the reality, I mean look at how many people are already being negative about a manager whose not officially here. The only time we were united as a fanbase is after Hodgson when King Kenny was made manager and even that didn't last. Klopp has spent his entire time here trying to unite everyone, but it will all fall apart when he's gone because sadly, that's the way we are.

Thats smashing, all the best Terry

Ta mate
PM me - I'm free Friday and I'll try and come along :)
Keep expectations low, hate to say it.

Yup sad but true. I will always support Liverpool, through thick and thin. I prefer to wear my LFC jerseys in the gym when we are struggling.

I am however scared shitless that we will fall away after Klopp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10