Author Topic: Tickets to the boxing day Stoke game  (Read 2029 times)

Offline elnino_yash

• Anny Roader
Tickets to the boxing day Stoke game
« on: August 14, 2016, 12:30:00 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm travelling down from Australia in December and was hoping to get tickets to the boxing day game vs Stoke and  United Away on 14th January ( understand chances of this maybe low)

I missed the LFC Melbourne deadline as I wasn't sure if I could get leave.

Can anyone please give me some good pointers? - want to secure these as soon as possible for assurity!

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
Re: Tickets to the boxing day Stoke game
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 12:50:58 pm »
Best bet for Stoke is the late availability sale/returns a week or two before the game. You'll need a membership for this.
Otherwise if it sells out there may be an exchange up on here a week before the game.
It'll be a lot tougher to get tickets for the United game.
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline elnino_yash

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 01:07:36 pm »
Best bet for Stoke is the late availability sale/returns a week or two before the game. You'll need a membership for this.
Otherwise if it sells out there may be an exchange up on here a week before the game.
It'll be a lot tougher to get tickets for the United game.

Hmm, I was hoping to avoid spending for the membership just for the 1 game, but that might be my next resort, If i can't find anything over the next few days.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 01:52:39 pm »
There will be lots of spares floating around for the Stoke game, you can risk it if you want, or buy a membership and get one on late Availability. Should be easy enough though
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline elnino_yash

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 12:35:21 pm »
Thanks for that guys.

Any ideas on travel to and from Liverpool on boxing day?
I have to get back to London before 6 am 27th Dec.  Anyway this is possible? -  Only just realised there are no trains running on boxing day!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 01:00:08 pm »
check National Express or megabus, they might be running a limited service.

Offline elnino_yash

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2016, 01:04:30 pm »
check National Express or megabus, they might be running a limited service.

I looked at National Express. Their last service is at 4.45 pm which is too early, sadly.
Looks like Megabus is running full service on boxing day -  but no timetables for December yet.  Hope theirs isn't the same deal

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 01:24:52 pm by elnino_yash »

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2016, 01:26:50 pm »
You could try and get in touch with a local supporters club down there, see if they can help you out.

Offline DredzofOz

• Boys Pen
  • LFC all the way from Sydney
« Reply #8 on: September 3, 2016, 11:00:39 am »
Hi guys,

I'm travelling down from Australia in December and was hoping to get tickets to the boxing day game vs Stoke and  United Away on 14th January ( understand chances of this maybe low)

I missed the LFC Melbourne deadline as I wasn't sure if I could get leave.

Can anyone please give me some good pointers? - want to secure these as soon as possible for assurity!

We're doing the same thing. Travelling from Aus to the UK and staying three days in Liverpool 26th - 28th. We were going to buy the Isla Gladstone hospitality tickets last week just to guarantee we got a ticket and last Thursday it was still an option. On the Friday we went stuff it, let's just fork out for them but overnight they removed the option of the IG hospitality tickets. I think we're going to buy the membership and hope we get some tickets or if not find someone on the exchange closer to the date. A bit risky but not too many options.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #9 on: September 3, 2016, 03:47:41 pm »
Thanks for that guys.

Any ideas on travel to and from Liverpool on boxing day?
I have to get back to London before 6 am 27th Dec.  Anyway this is possible? -  Only just realised there are no trains running on boxing day!

Send a PM to Soky on here he runs the London supporters club they run a coach last year on Boxing Day. They should be able to help you with tickets as well. Plenty of regulars don't go on Boxing Day if not I reckon you'll get a spare on here. As for Man Utd, your best bet might be to buy a corporate ticket. Spares for that game are generally hard to come by.