Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 211872 times)

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #2280 on: May 29, 2019, 10:36:23 am »
This still available? I cant PM you for details
Sold now mate sorry

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #2281 on: May 29, 2019, 12:45:48 pm »
Spurs have a few remaining tickets for sale to their members on certain points. Wonder if they're cancelled tickets from touts. Spurs mate is shy of about 12 points so misses out.

Slight aside:

Just on the points system does it accumulate all their league, domestic cups and CL games?
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline RedRon

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2282 on: May 29, 2019, 12:48:51 pm »
Arrived in Madrid this morning, great weather. We staying in Gran Via and just been walking around with my young lad and can see UEFA stalls going up. Asked a guy at fan information desk about screens going up and he confirmed no and proceeded to give me a list of bars showing the game.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2283 on: May 29, 2019, 01:07:44 pm »
Slight aside:

Just on the points system does it accumulate all their league, domestic cups and CL games?

yeah, pretty sure it's cumulative. I think people might think that's more fair - but I also think it's probably more likely to encourage credit hunting overall.
YNWA.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #2284 on: May 29, 2019, 01:57:44 pm »
Anyone get through to customer services about the mistakes in peoples names that have to collect tickets in Madrid?

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #2285 on: May 29, 2019, 01:59:12 pm »
Anyone get through to customer services about the mistakes in peoples names that have to collect tickets in Madrid?

Yeah, my mate did. They had his brother's name down on the email yesterday, rang them today and they checked their database and they actually had the right collection name and details on there so told him he has nothing to worry about.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2286 on: May 29, 2019, 02:14:54 pm »
Yeah, my mate did. They had his brother's name down on the email yesterday, rang them today and they checked their database and they actually had the right collection name and details on there so told him he has nothing to worry about.
From past experiences, being told by the LFC TO that he has nothing to worry about wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence. Hopefully he will be ok though.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #2287 on: May 29, 2019, 02:24:50 pm »
Can anyone on the mid morning Thomas Cook flight confirm for my uncle, what
time and where to check in ? He says he’s only been sent half a sheet from TC
themselves as the top part is covered up with something else, so told him i’d
try find out on here.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #2288 on: May 29, 2019, 02:32:35 pm »

We sent 2 emails last night regarding the issue, I rather have it in writing.
But if we don’t hear anything back by tomorrow afternoon we need to call as we’re traveling to Madrid on Friday and are hoping to get the tickets pick up ASAP.

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #2289 on: May 29, 2019, 02:51:51 pm »
try find out on here.
Mine is the same when viewing the email on my phone.  When I viewed it using the browser on a PC instead, the formatting sorts itself out.

To answer the question the 10.35 TC flight check-in starts at 08.35.
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #2290 on: May 29, 2019, 03:06:29 pm »
Mine is the same when viewing the email on my phone.  When I viewed it using the browser on a PC instead, the formatting sorts itself out.

To answer the question the 10.35 TC flight check-in starts at 08.35.

Brilliant - cheers mate

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: May 29, 2019, 03:15:00 pm »
Did you know you can drink at the airport?  ;D
Alas, I only got 5 numbers on the lottery.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: May 29, 2019, 03:24:15 pm »
try find out on here.

Check-in for the 10.35 flight opens at 8.35, due to arrive at 2 o'clock local time

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2293 on: May 29, 2019, 03:29:32 pm »
Unlikely at this late stage but if anyone is still looking to book outbound (so just one way) travel from the South, BA have got a flight available from Gatwick @ 2130 on Friday which lands in Madrid @ 0055 on Saturday for £180.72.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #2294 on: May 29, 2019, 03:54:15 pm »
From past experiences, being told by the LFC TO that he has nothing to worry about wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence. Hopefully he will be ok though.

OH definitely wouldn't be sitting back at ease getting those words from the LFC TO either mate but they gave him the actual and correct user details for the ticket without him telling them so they must have it correct on their database.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #2295 on: May 29, 2019, 03:59:16 pm »
yeah, pretty sure it's cumulative. I think people might think that's more fair - but I also think it's probably more likely to encourage credit hunting overall.

Yeah, I don't think our credit system is wrong really. Competition loyalty is good in my opinion and it works out for those that can go to midweek but not weekend and vice versa.

The issue is the allocation.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: May 29, 2019, 04:07:32 pm »
Yeah, I don't think our credit system is wrong really. Competition loyalty is good in my opinion and it works out for those that can go to midweek but not weekend and vice versa.

It is wrong.

And the issue is highlighted by the fact there's lads who have been to the required number of games, but not on their own card. I know several who have been bumped by the card owner who hasn't been to a game all season but comes back for the final brief. DESPITE the club collecting data (name etc) of those who are actually using the ticket for European aways. It's quite clear we need a fairer system - people who actually attend the game should be awarded the credit - NOT the person who sits at home.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2297 on: May 29, 2019, 04:40:14 pm »
Difficult to work out how to reward all that go to the games unless we get into full collection at all aways. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2298 on: May 29, 2019, 04:40:55 pm »
OH definitely wouldn't be sitting back at ease getting those words from the LFC TO either mate but they gave him the actual and correct user details for the ticket without him telling them so they must have it correct on their database.
Ahh right, at least thats a positive.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2299 on: May 29, 2019, 04:52:44 pm »
Difficult to work out how to reward all that go to the games unless we get into full collection at all aways. 

Do it then.

There's zero point to the current collections other than to put off a few touts. United to full collections. Only way to make it fair. And once we do it we'll wonder why it took so long.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2300 on: May 29, 2019, 04:56:23 pm »
Do it then.

There's zero point to the current collections other than to put off a few touts. United to full collections. Only way to make it fair. And once we do it we'll wonder why it took so long.

Think he meant literally and I don't really see how that's feasible at all. Collecting a ticket before a 12.30 at Bournemouth? Nah. I've literally got to away grounds 3 minutes before kick off before.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: May 29, 2019, 04:58:20 pm »
Do it then.

Man Utd also do League aways too. They also only let the cardholder collect. Wait till you hear the kick back from those that pass on the majority of their way for that!

If we did that, missing the odd one or two aways really wouldn't affect you going forward, as I imagine that there'll be plenty of people who's credits drop dramatically. Those that actually attend the games would be rewarded.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: May 29, 2019, 04:58:52 pm »
Think he meant literally and I don't really see how that's feasible at all. Collecting a ticket before a 12.30 at Bournemouth? Nah. I've literally got to away grounds 3 minutes before kick off before.

I'm talking about the euro aways where the club have been doing these collections. Why should people miss out for going but using some one elses card?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2303 on: May 29, 2019, 05:09:40 pm »
I'm talking about the euro aways where the club have been doing these collections. Why should people miss out for going but using some one elses card?

Yeah, I'm 100% with you on that one.

Man Utd also do League aways too. They also only let the cardholder collect. Wait till you hear the kick back from those that pass on the majority of their way for that!

If we did that, missing the odd one or two aways really wouldn't affect you going forward, as I imagine that there'll be plenty of people who's credits drop dramatically. Those that actually attend the games would be rewarded.

To an extent yes, in some cases simply no. There's plenty of cards with 19 aways that are kept going in amicable situations by people who don't have their name on the card. Say they're a non-ST member, they're then in a position where if it's done simplistically they're probably never getting an away ticket again. People who literally go every week, in a way that means you have to adapt your lifestyle, not getting tickets.

It really will cause problems for people who are the lifeblood of this football club

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: May 29, 2019, 05:09:59 pm »

Completely agree. Not everyone can afford to go to literally every game across every competition. The allocation is the issue - missing out on a ballot, less so.
YNWA.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2305 on: May 29, 2019, 05:30:53 pm »
From speaking to people it seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry is on their way to Madrid come Saturday. A conservative estimate is we will take 50,000+. It could be absolute chaos.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2306 on: May 29, 2019, 05:38:25 pm »
It could be absolute chaos.

It will exceed that....
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2307 on: May 29, 2019, 06:21:00 pm »
There's an Irish bar near where I live called The Thirty Three which i've not seen mentioned anywhere in lists of Irish bars to try. It's on line 4 of the metro, about five stops (15/20 minutes altogether) direct from Goya where our fanpark is. If you're stuck for somewhere to go and want to book then it might be worth a try. Been in there before and while they didn't have English commentary (who cares, really?) they did have big screens and it's far enough out of the centre that you should avoid the tens of thousands of fans wondering around looking for somewhere. They've got a Facebook page if you wanted to check them out.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2308 on: May 29, 2019, 06:27:08 pm »
Still a few direct flights to Madrid from London available on points with BA or Iberia tomorrow and Friday, surprisingly.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #2309 on: May 29, 2019, 07:42:06 pm »
It is wrong.

And the issue is highlighted by the fact there's lads who have been to the required number of games, but not on their own card. I know several who have been bumped by the card owner who hasn't been to a game all season but comes back for the final brief. DESPITE the club collecting data (name etc) of those who are actually using the ticket for European aways. It's quite clear we need a fairer system - people who actually attend the game should be awarded the credit - NOT the person who sits at home.

Oh that's wrong - definitely. People should definitely only get the credit if they go though. It's created a closed shop of people who are essentially playing the system.

But that's a different issue - I just meant that I don't think the actual credit system in terms of competition loyalty is off.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2310 on: May 29, 2019, 08:32:37 pm »
From speaking to people it seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry is on their way to Madrid come Saturday. A conservative estimate is we will take 50,000+. It could be absolute chaos.

Could!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2311 on: May 29, 2019, 08:44:34 pm »
I cannot believe there is no giant screens for both sets of fans.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #2312 on: May 29, 2019, 08:49:48 pm »

Part of the problem is that those people who go would not qualify to buy the tickets on their own card, so this way helps then...but then can penalise them later too! ::)  We have been on others' cards and not got the credits so missed out on tickets in later rounds, and passed on 2 this season as I couldn't go, so swings and roundabouts. Hard to know what is best.
We are a team of one half.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2313 on: May 29, 2019, 09:23:57 pm »
Fucking Vueling c*nts.  :no

Cancelled our flights ( Friday afternoon. Liverpool - Madrid)  Found out that they had spare seats on the Friday Morning flight, but they refused to transfere us on to that flight, and then said they wouldn't refund our payments for flights. C*nts.

We're now trying to fight our corner as the flights were booked through opodo, and looking for alternative travel.

Got match tickets. Got two nights accommodation, but as of yet no flights.

Fucking livid.    :wanker

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2314 on: May 29, 2019, 09:31:51 pm »

Cancelled our flights ( Friday afternoon. Liverpool - Madrid)  Found out that they had spare seats on the Friday Morning flight, but they refused to transfere us on to that flight, and then said they wouldn't refund our payments for flights. C*nts.

We're now trying to fight our corner as the flights were booked through opodo, and looking for alternative travel.

Have I read this right?  Vueling have cancelled your flight but won’t give you the options of an alternative flight or a refund?  They still have flights showing available on their website on Friday afternoon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 09:37:21 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #2315 on: May 29, 2019, 09:31:54 pm »

Wow that’s not good mate at all hope you get sorted!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2316 on: May 29, 2019, 09:35:14 pm »

How can they cancel your flights and not refund you

Offline QwertyQ

• Main Stander
« Reply #2317 on: May 29, 2019, 09:37:56 pm »
How can they cancel your flights and not refund you

Not saying this is right.... the booking was made with Opodo so they would expect them to issue the refund.

Hope he gets flights sorted.
Liverpool - European capital of football

Offline jc68

• Main Stander
« Reply #2318 on: May 29, 2019, 09:38:23 pm »

Sports options have still got seats on Liverpool flights
“If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we'll discuss your options afterwards.” Bill Shankly

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2319 on: May 29, 2019, 09:38:49 pm »
Have I read this right?  Vueling have cancelled your flight but won’t give you the options of an alternative flight or a refund?
correct. And now both Vueling and Opodo are blaming each other, and washing their hands of the situation. Twats the both of them.